Search Unity

Marketing via Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by login4donald, Feb 15, 2014.

1. login4donald

login4donald

Hello local developers, I was wondering on what you would think about marketing and creating ads with Facebook and possibly other media platforms/services such as YouTube and etc. I would be advertising mobile causal software to a broad audience. I was wondering if that was a viable tactic and any experiences that some would like to provide. I realize ads on Facebook may not be the best but I believe it may be start. If not, what about alternate routes?

Off topic: I know many people can be on the fence with the topic of IAP (In-App Purchases) but could a few point be in a direction of how to implement such thing. I've been avoiding third-party software which may be stupid but is there a possible plug-in? I know that are other resources I could go to but I'd like to hear from the community.

2. sabba2u

sabba2u

3. derkoi

derkoi

Facebook ads worked for me but you have to remember it's the product that counts.

4. sphericPrawn

sphericPrawn

+1 knew what is was going to be before I even clicked it. I wouldn't do business with Facebook after seeing that video .

Plus from what I've read the younger demographics are moving away from Facebook in droves.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

The most popular/successful way to drive installs for casual mobile games at the moment is in-app advertising through services like Chartboost. The good thing about this type of advertising is that you can pay per install of your app. The bad thing is that it is very expensive, around $2 per install.

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

First rule of advertising...

Cost of user acquisition < User spend

So if you're paying $1.49 a click for someone to download your game, and they only spend 0 or 99c. You're doing it wrong.