Search Unity

Marketing Unity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by podperson, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podperson

podperson

I'd suggest that you put a menu scene into Unity that jumps between the different demos, and either (a) make that your initial scene when you first run Unity OR (b) include that as a precompiled demo app (and make it directly viewable on the website).

It took me a while to find some incredibly cool demos that basically answer all my questions about Unity, and it seems to me with a small amount of work you could make all this a little more salient.

E.g. I discovered that you can clearly tell exactly where the user is clicking the mouse -- essential for the stuff I want to do.

I discovered that you support animation to a reasonable extent -- I'm guessing the source files are from Maya. (One of the two ragdoll demos.)

I discovered an excellent third-person controller script (which you don't advertise at all ... I really could care less about FPS controllers).

In short, I discovered that Unity, as is, supports every single thing I need for the games I am envisioning developing over the next twelves months. This makes me very happy :)

I am also promoting Unity to RealBasic programmers via my website (realgurus.com). I don't want to go to realbasic's own forums, but there's quite a bit of cross-traffic ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.