Search Unity

Markerless Motion Tracking

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Ark_Tarusov, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Ark_Tarusov

Ark_Tarusov

Hello,

I am trying to add into my Unity app the function which consists in moving the camera according to the received video stream (AR).

I know that vuforia perfectly copes with the movement of the camera in the presence of a pre-established goal or created by the user himself after scanning.

But I'm interested in the movement without the use of a pre-established goal, so that the application "on the fly" took the necessary points and tracked the movement.

As an example on this video,
    or on this video using vuforia

How can this be implemented in Fouvoría?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello Airy-Cat,

Please keep an eye on our announcements at Unite Austin for more information on this!

Thanks!

3. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

Now that we've announced our upcoming features, I can say that - yes this capability will be supported with Vuforia 7, coming with the next major release of Unity. See: https://uploadvr.com/vuforia-7-helps-ar-blend-real-life/

Vuforia 7 will introduce a new feature we call Ground Plane which will enable you to place content on horizontal surfaces in your environment.

You'll be able to create AR experiences like those in your videos, but with better scale estimation. Our approach is actually much easier to use than a pure visual SLAM based solution - the user doesn't need to scan the area to initialize tracking (aka 'SLAM dance' ).

Ground Plane will integrate ARKit and ARCore when those engines are available on a device. For devices that don't support these technologies, we're using our own tech with equivalent functionality. This will provide developers with a true cross-platform 'markerless' solution across the broadest range of devices.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  4. Ark_Tarusov

Ark_Tarusov

Good afternoon.
    It is very cool!
    And in which version of Unity can we see the new version of Vuforia?

5. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

It should come in Unity 2017.3. If Unity delays that release it will come in 2018.1 - whichever is the next major release.

6. Ark_Tarusov

Ark_Tarusov

Is there a new version in the beta version of 2017.3? or do you need to wait for the release version?
    Thank you.

7. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

There is a new version of Vuforia in 2017.3 beta, but the current build isn't ready to be used with Vuforia. Keep an eye on future beta builds of 2017.3 for access to Vuforia 7 beta features.

8. alexchandriyaa

alexchandriyaa

whether vuforia sdk supports live realtime tracking??