Search Unity

Marble Rolling Adventure - iOS (with web playable demo)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JamesArndt, Jul 18, 2012.

1. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

So I've stalled development on the GoKart demo, to pick up this iOS project and try and get it on the app store by the middle of August. I'm on track and I felt it was stable and together enough to show a work in progress level. Now the physics aren't completed, the ball mirror shader isn't completed, the placement of pickups and challenges aren't finished either. You'll have to turn down the audio too, the looping music is a test sample for the scripted music player (it's not final either). It's basically a level that runs at 30 fps on the iPhone, and has all the elements functional within the level. This is actually a direct build of the iPhone Retina version (960x640), with addition of keyboard control script on the ball.

The game's name has to change as well...there is already a "Marble World" on the app store right now. Here is a link to an online webplayer.

Follow the link to play the webplayer version:

http://www.fatboxsoftware.com/#/projects/4566338813/Marble-Rolling-Game---iOS/2986058

2. ATNEDev

ATNEDev

Sick GFX! Why not add gyroscope controles?

3. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

There will definitely be accelerometer control option as well :)

4. Mold

Mold

Cool game, but the web demo is somehow broken

When starting game pause overlay appears and doesnt disappear no matter what you do

Moving the joystick with mouse does nothing

Orthographic camera looks rubbish D:

Marble doesn't seem to rotate?

Nothing happens when I collect 10 coins

5. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@Mold - Not broken at all...it's simply not finished. The joystick is not usable...it's for mobile usage, not for PC. I just left the GUITexture in there for now. The Pause GUI shouldn't be able to appear at all...haven't heard anyone else tell me that happens, so not even sure what's going on with that on your end? The camera is a stand-in at the moment so it's not final and will be revised. As I stated the marble shader is in progress, so you won't notice it spinning because only the faked reflection portion is showing at the moment (it doesn't move). Nothing should happen at this current time when you collect 10 marbles, it's all stand-in WIP functionality. The demo is just to show the environment in progress, which isn't finished either. The core functionality is not 100% finished.