Search Unity

Mapbox SDK Tabletop AR for Android

Discussion in 'AR' started by csillio, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csillio

csillio

Hi,

I am pretty new to Unity and tried a couple of AR projects, that worked pretty well.
    Now I was wanting to check out the Tabletop AR by Mapbox, because it looks pretty amazing.
    The example can be found here: https://www.mapbox.com/unity-sdk/maps/examples/tabletop-ar/
    Either the Mapbox SDK has changed or the Unity Versions, when compared to their example - the result beeing: The example does not work quite *out of the box* as promised.
    When I play the scene it looks similar to the exampled apart from the Scene-View which shows the actual map as in game view and not the outlines as shown in the Mapbox-Example.
    I followed the instructions (set location, add layers, Auto Graphics API on) and I had to set the minimum API level to 24. When I install the app on my android device the app doesnt even ask for camera permission and as expected - the app doesnt show a camera image. After the Unity logo the screen stays black.
    I am very aware, that my description is very vague - I can provide videos, images, project files or anything else that is needed ....
    Thanks in advance

2. unity_sDCxAu9qEBGusQ

unity_sDCxAu9qEBGusQ

Hello,

I'm currently trying to make tabletop AR example working. I'm getting the same behavior you described with the black screen after the unity loading on my android device. Did you succeed to make it work ?

I thought it was a problem with mapbox on mobile, but the location based game works as expected on my device. So i think it's rather a problem with AR I think. I have no clue where could be the issue.

Thanks in advance ;)

Alex

3. nkumar3

nkumar3

Hi, I am still facing the same issue. Is there any solution for that

4. GisTester

GisTester

same here with Mapbox SDK v2.1.0 and Unity 2019.2.6

5. Hexunity01

Hexunity01

same here with MapBox 2.1.1 and Unity 2018.3.5

6. korlinga