Search Unity

Map Levels / Floors

Discussion in '2D' started by Raymond1214, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Raymond1214

Raymond1214

I am new to unity and this is my first project so I would like to apologize if I am not explaining this correctly.

I have been able to create a map and have my character more around on that map but I can figure out how to make more floor above or below my current map.

Example:
    Level +2
    Level +1 (one level above the ground)
    Ground Floor
    Level -1 ( one level below the ground)
    Level -2

I have tried search on google and YouTube but I cant seem to find anything.
    Can someone please help me out or point me in the right direction?

2. RidgeWare

RidgeWare

It's hard to know what to suggest without more information. If you're making a fully 2D game then obviously everything will be generally on one plain within the Unity editor - so 'higher' areas would need to be created elsewhere and the player object then relocated to the new areas once they 'exit' upwards.

There are all kinds of tutorials on Youtube that go into moving objects from one location to another to simulate changing location. Some people use different scenes for different levels within a location. Other people lay them all out side by side in one scene and just transport objects around within the scene (relocating the camera).

3. Raymond1214

Raymond1214

I found a video on YouTube and took some pics of what I'm wanting. The top part of the house is on a different level.

Attached Files:

4. Pixitales

Pixitales

Its just a pixel drawing to make you believe theres a 2nd floor with some box collider around it and layer order. That is actually all just one big flat tile map.

5. beanie4now

beanie4now

You can also have multiple tilemaps and manage the visibility with SetActive(bool)