Search Unity

Map Lab - PBR Texture Laboratory

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sycoforge, Nov 5, 2015.

1. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Hello, the system does not work well with the 2017 version. When will it be compatibilized?
    Tks

ftejada likes this.
  2. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

We are working on core changes that allow forward and backward compatibility with Unity 5.6 and 2017. We'll drop a message in the forums when it's available on our website.

ftejada and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  3. ftejada

ftejada

Hello again @nu-assets !!!

Some time ago I sent you some errors that happened to me with MapLab. One of them was that on many occasions the file albedo was exported in black.
    Also the file textureName_e.png exports it to me 512x512 although I have in the export options 1024x1024

I downloaded the latest version of your asset, but it does not solve the problem.
    I am testing it on a new project compared to the one from the other time. Working under Windows, version of Unity 5.6.1p2

The thread in the Unity forum where we talk about this is. I am the user "ftejada":
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/map-lab-pbr-texture-laboratory.366051/page-7

I repeat, The albedo exports me in black and without that I can not work on my project.

I am looking forward to your response. a greeting

4. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

A first Unity 2017 version can be downloaded from our website. If you encounter some bugs/issues/funny things, just drop a post/email. :)

5. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Amazing, thank you :D

6. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

You're welcome! :)

7. mwituni

mwituni

I get this error in Unity 2017.1.0f3

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Texture2D.LoadImage'.
    ch.sycoforge.Shared.GraphicsData.Get (System.String name)
    ch.sycoforge.Shared.SharedGraphics.Initialize ()
    ch.sycoforge.Shared.SharedGraphics..cctor ()
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for ch.sycoforge.Shared.SharedGraphics
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Runtime.CompilerServices/RuntimeHelpers.cs:101)
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies.ProcessEditorInitializeOnLoad (System.Type type) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorAssemblies.cs:136)
    UnityEditor.EditorWindow:GetWindow(Type)
    ch.sycoforge.MapLab.Editor.MapLabEditor:ShowWindow() (at d:/Repos/nu-assets/ch.sycoforge.MapLab.Editor/MapLabEditor.cs:129)

8. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nu-assets !!

What is the maximum texture size in the Input that Map Lab supports ???

Is that I'm trying to load in the Input a texture of 6144x2694 but I get an error and Unity Crashea ... I leave photo

ErrorFatalCargarTextura.jpg

regards

9. ftejada

ftejada

I have tried with 1K textures and the problem also happens and the crasheo.... :(
    Map Lab version 0.7.2 of the Store and Unity Version 2017.1.0f3. I only have Map Lab imported into the project

10. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Does this also happen when lowering the preview resolution or when starting with a one-channel preset (e.g. single normal map)?

11. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nu-assets !

I do not know what you mean. I leave you two videos with the process until crashea

regards

12. ftejada

ftejada

On the other hand I think normal maps are not being generated correctly. I leave here a normal map made with another tool and two normal maps made in MapLab with different parameters.

NormalMapFail_1.jpg NormalMapFail_2.jpg

I do not know if the other maps were generated correctly ... I guess some do not like the heighMap. How can we solve this problem?

regards

13. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

A normalmap never looks the same. Basically, there's no right or wrong normalmap (besides actual erroneous maps). It's mostly a question of the frequency filters and gains. On the example that you have uploaded the map has strong gains in the mid and high frequencies.

I've made a short test with Unity 2017.2 with 3 frequencies of the source image.

ftejada likes this.
  14. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @nu-assets ! thanks for the video ;)

I am trying to do what you show me in the video but another new problem arises.
    This time it's with Unity 5.6.1p2, since with Unity 2017 I'm still crashed by Unity when I put in "Input" a texture .. the problem I mentioned above.

Now the problem that it gives me is that when I try to open the "add filters" window, it stays loaded eternally and never ends ... :(

Loading filters.jpg

How do I solve it from "addFilters and what of the crash in Unity 2017?

regards

15. ftejada

ftejada

On the other hand, I have been working with Map Lab for several hours and other things, and again the same error has arisen that the albedo is completely black. I have tried to reimport MapLab back to the project, but it has not solved it... :(:(:(

I am using the latest version of the asset store ... I thought that problem was already solved ...

Please, please tell me what we can do to solve it.

regards

16. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce the crash in Unity 2017. Have installed the latest drivers for your GPU and OpenCL drivers for CPU? What PC setup (GPUCPU, RAM, etc), do you have?

What happens if you reopen the "Add Filters" dialog?

What do you see when opening the Plugins Settings?

What happens when you manually reload the plugins?

map_lab_filters.jpg

17. ftejada

ftejada

hi @nu-assets

The crash problem only happens to me in Unity 2017 1.0f3. I tried Unity 5.6.1p2 and there, no crash ...? I understand that it should not be because of driver problems?

The data of my pc are:

32GB Ram
    i7 Cpu
    Nvidia Geforce 690

On the other hand, as I mentioned in my last post, the problem of the totally black albedo, which we talked about in September, began to reproduce again. I use the latest MapLab version of the store. I am working with the Unity version 5.6.1p2, until the Unity 2017.1.0f3 crash problem is fixed.

Regards

18. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

19. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

Even if I own other well-known independent 3rd party software for this, I'd really be interested in purchasing, since it's built-in right in the editor!

What's holding me back is that I haven't seen any update or reply from the author since 2017... and I'm using Unity 2018.2.4f1.

Could anyone (better if the creator) please tell me if it's still working with no warnings and if the asset is still mantained/ supported, and if the roadmap is empty or not (if it's "complete", or there's the will to add/expand it in the near future?)

Thanks!

Best,
    Alessandro

20. BitAssembler

BitAssembler

Hi Alessandro,
    It's still supported. Last compatibility test has been performed on 2012.2 . Currently, it does not receive any new feature but bug fixes. The actual (long-term) roadmap can be found here. I'll drop you a voucher code in PM for an evaluation version that can be downloaded from our webshop. We have seen some hardware setups that have caused problems with some specific drivers versions, but this is independent from the Unity version.

NeatWolf likes this.
  21. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

That would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

22. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Hi, is map lab running in 2017.4 I brought it in to my scene and I'm getting a lot of errors.

23. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

24. MatthewScott

MatthewScott

I just purchased the plugin on Nov 23rd, and I'm using it in Unity 2017.1.5f.
    I noticed that the package is distributed as DLLs.

For the most part the plugin works, however loading and saving does nothing. It simply loads an empty project every time. I suspect this has something to do with losing what the input sources were.

Are there any automated filters that will help remove shadows from a Diffuse texture to make it more appropriate to use as an Albedo?

Is there support coming for Unity 2018 or the HD Render Pipeline Standard materials?
    For instance the Mask Map has the Metallic in the R, the AO in the G, the Detail in the B, and the Smoothness in the A.

I'm also wondering if its possible to programmatically automate the conversion of standard textures to PBR?

Thanks,
    Matt

25. BitAssembler

BitAssembler

Thank you for reporting this.

Yes. Use the Luminance Shift filter for this kind of tasks.

You can already define custom output textures and channel assignments. There will be an official preset once of course.

Map Lab has currently no convenient API to programmatically automate texture synthesis and creating. But I can think of putting this on the official roadmap.

I hope this was helpful. :)

Have a great day!

26. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Hi i want to purchase Map Lab but what actually is the highest version of unity it work on?

27. BitAssembler

BitAssembler

It's tested on Unity 2018.2

28. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

You can drop us an email to get access to the evaluation version. :)

29. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Okay, thank you What is the email?

30. magg

magg

Is it dead now? Looks like no updates for over a year. :(

31. christougher

christougher

Hi, is this still being developed? Any updates planned? I used this years ago and was so impressed. I can't seem to get it to work in 2019.2 or 2019.3. I'll try to get it going again in 2017 or something in the meanwhile...

32. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

There's an updated planned and a standalone app that will be free for all Unity Map Lab owners.

33. christougher

christougher

Any update on time frame?

LostPanda likes this.
  34. Sycoforge

Sycoforge

The standalone app development is currently on-hold. We'll keep you informed!

35. christougher

christougher

But what about updating to work with modern versions of unity?

LostPanda likes this.
  36. chbran

chbran

Its now 2022 . Does Map Lab work with 2020 LTS or 2021 LTS ?