Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Many Side License Assets are now per Seat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, I just checked my assets and really many Assets which was in 2019 a Side license selling it now per Seat...

2020-01-18 21_03_07.jpg
    2020-01-18 21_04_05.jpg

And that's quite many like half of the Asset store is now asset license per Seat, I don't know if this is a bug or have something to do that I bought Plus in the end of 2019, I have no idea what's going on there, also when I view my licenses the assets which I bought before the Seat switch are not showing up.
    2020-01-18 21_04_36.jpg

Does anyone know what's going on there?

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Editor extensions are licensed "per-seat". I'm pretty sure this has been the case for many years and the only difference now is that there's a handy widget to order multiple seats at a time.

The fact that assets that you bought earlier are not showing sounds like a problem, though. Do you mean that you click on the "my assets" button and assets that you previously bought do not show up on the list? If that's the case, then you should contact customer support.

3. Baroni

Baroni

The assets you listed are in the "Tools" section, which were all editor extensions previously (before the new store pages). So the per-seat licensing is correct indeed.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I see it in My Assets List and also can download it

Yes indeed that's are really all Tools section assets but they are now not showing up in the License asset store page and I try to purchase one Tools section asset and I also have to charge for License 1 even I bought it before in 2019 which sounds not correct for me after all.

5. Baroni

Baroni

I would recommend opening a support ticket with Unity directly about this, they usually answer such things within one business week.

6. sxa

sxa

Any possibility you're logging into the Asset Store with a different user account from before?

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Already send a Ticket

Always used this account, just changed my Email in 2019 on this account but this should be no problem i guess

Is this really just me? Do you guys see "Tools" assets on the license page here: https://assetstore.unity.com/account/licenses ?

8. kdgalla

kdgalla

I havent looked at that particular page before. Looks like some of mine are missing from that page. I'm not real concerned, though, because all other indications that I purchased the asset are working properly. Maybe they will find and fix this bug while working up your support ticket.

9. sxa

sxa

Yes, right back to the earliest stuff I bought. Each with a license count, and a 'buy more' option. Doesn't look like its every single one of them, think its mostly what was 'Editor Extensions' but not 'Scripts' or whatever it was, but it certainly looks like most of the Editor Extensions.
    And no non-Tools Assets are included in this list.