Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Many coliders on character

Discussion in 'Physics' started by rycornx, Nov 8, 2018.

1. rycornx

rycornx

So I brought a rigged character I made in blender into unity and I wanted to give it a couble sphere and capsule coliders instead of using a mesh collider to make things "simpiler". Is there a way to add the many coliders to follow the bones?

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Other than manually adding the colliders yourself (which is probably best if you're only adding a few), Unity also has a Ragdoll Wizard you can use on a rigged model. Find it via GameObject -> 3D Object -> Ragdoll...

The wizard will go through the rig, creating colliders for each bone, and adding a rigidbody as well. You can delete the rigidbodies after if you don't want them. But this is probably a relatively quick way to add colliders to the bones.