Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Many coliders on character

Discussion in 'Physics' started by rycornx, Nov 8, 2018.

1. rycornx

rycornx

So I brought a rigged character I made in blender into unity and I wanted to give it a couble sphere and capsule coliders instead of using a mesh collider to make things "simpiler". Is there a way to add the many coliders to follow the bones?

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

Other than manually adding the colliders yourself (which is probably best if you're only adding a few), Unity also has a Ragdoll Wizard you can use on a rigged model. Find it via GameObject -> 3D Object -> Ragdoll...

The wizard will go through the rig, creating colliders for each bone, and adding a rigidbody as well. You can delete the rigidbodies after if you don't want them. But this is probably a relatively quick way to add colliders to the bones.