Search Unity

Manually uninstalling/removing Unity (2020x, 2019x, 2018x) from Ubuntu (18.04)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ShefSam, Nov 19, 2020.

1. ShefSam

ShefSam

Had a partial download (actually most of it) of 2020.1 through UnityHub.

UnityHub Installer not recognizing corrupted installation so I cannot uninstall from Hub.

Aside from removing Editor files what else do I need to pare out from the rest of the filesystem? Best method to root everything out?

Thanks!

2. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

@ShefSam, if you look in the folder ~/Unity/Hub/Editor, you will see your installations. If there is a version left over here, you can "rm -rf" the version you need to remove.

3. ShefSam

ShefSam

What about lingering files elsewhere on the file system? After having successfully installed Unity on previous Ubuntu builds on this same machine - I know the installation has and can work.

I feel like there are configurations that are crashing these new installs. Any suggestions on removal of other orphan files if they exist?

4. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

It sounds like a possible permissions issue. Versions installed from the Hub don't do much besides create the folder in the path I mentioned above and uncompress installation files to that location.

Also, one clarification question: did the download ever start installing, or was there an error midway through the download itself? If so, the downloaded files should be in your temp folder and get cleaned up automatically by the system.