Search Unity

Manually scale editor for HiDPI screen?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jmocar, Feb 7, 2020.

1. jmocar

jmocar

Hi,

I'm using Gnome under Xorg, where there's no option to fractional scaling. x2 scale is too much for my laptop, but in x1 everything is too small. So, is there anyway to manually scale Unity editor?

Thanks in advance for the help, and thanks a lot to the team for the great work porting Unity to Linux!

dngulin likes this.
  2. Latty

Latty

The environment variable `GDK_SCALE` seems to work for me, although only with whole integer values.

3. jmocar

jmocar

That's the point, only with integer... At Windows, unity was scaled to 1.25 in my laptop, I think. So, I guess that there must be an easy way to get the same on Linux. Thanks for answering!

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

5. iwadashinichi

iwadashinichi

I heard, fractional scaling have place to be in gnome 3.32.
    For example, if I update my Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 (this year), gnome will automatically update to 3.36, and I got fractional scaling.
    I heard fractional scaling was experimental in 19.04 and it must be unblocked from the terminal. May be in 19.10 too.

6. jmocar

jmocar

Yes... but I was thinking that maybe it could be an internal variable of unity, an option like the one you can find in Spotify or Telegram, they are scaled with gnome, but you can manually scale them independently if you want.

That sounds great, I hope this feature comes finally!