Search Unity

Manual Activation

Discussion in 'Linux' started by weidenba, Sep 18, 2015.

1. weidenba

weidenba

I've got the linux editor up and running on my laptop, brilliant job there. Works great for an experimental build.

However, on my desktop, we've got an interesting situation. I work on Linux in a networked environment--my system is completely dependent on being connected to our work network (as in, the system hangs instantly if we pull the network cable). However, our work network is completely disconnected from the outside internet--we have separate machines to access the outside world on. So, I've got an active network connection on my machine, but no internet access. This is not something I'm able to change.

I saw the post at http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/manual-activation-unity-5.340660/ about manual activation, but that does not seem to be an option here. It's easy to get the license file back and forth so we can manually activate, but Unity never gives me an option to use manual activation, presumably because the login screen is checking the state of the network connection and finding it active. Are there any workarounds so I can manually activate?

2. babacobob

babacobob

you need to go to offline mode and follow the steps for manual activation.
    To go offline I did the following
    run "sudo ifconfig" and use the output to identify each interface
    use the following command to down each interface (eth1 is my only interface)
    sudo ifconfig eth1 down
    start unity
    save the manual regisration key.
    start the network interfaces
    open a browser and register using the saved key
    save the registration key to your local machine
    use Unity to import the registration key
    and you are done (hopefully)