Search Unity

Manual activation Unity 5

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DP00707, Jul 13, 2015.

1. MedalHellWay

MedalHellWay

Ok, I've been through this tread because I have activation problems. So sorry if I write here and I do not open a new tread.

I use Unity 2017.1 (personal) and the manual activation wont work. Everything goes fine, but when I load the activation file nothing happens again. The window remains still with the message that the activation was successful :/
    After many tests as uninstalled and installed unity for three times and more, with my smartphon connected to the computer, I've activate ONLINE Unity 2017... Yes, I succeeded!!!...or no? NO... now, if I work online, the Editor start well (only a open error message, but i am waiting to be solved with Unity 2017.2) while working offline, the editor wont start and I have only the white window splash screen, like the image below:

test.jpg
    If I return online, Unity will start again...

Is there anyone tell me a solution? I must work offline with Unity, because I do not always have internet connection :(

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Phoera

Phoera

The problem is, Unity login seems to be broken even if you have connection available
    I have the same screen as above. Requesting help, cuz the project was updated to 2017, and I can't work now at all =\

3. kemnet

kemnet

I'm having the exact same problem.
    I did not have internet connection. The editor told me, I could work online, but there is no option to work online, just activate manually...to activate manually...I need an internet connection...

What do i do? can you really NOT work online with unity?

Attached Files:

4. dexteranger

dexteranger

Thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MedalHellWay

MedalHellWay

Ok man, today the program started after many startup attempts (between three and five). Try to do this and see if you can open Unity...

6. spacefrog

spacefrog

People who got a blank login screen at Unity launch could try the following registry file ( had to pack it in a zip )
    Please note: i do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong and your computer explodes after doing so :)

It simply activates the offline mode outside of Unity if you follow below steps:
    • terminate all instances of Unity ( be sure to check in the task manager)
    • extract the zip and import the registry file by double clicking
    • Launch Unity, which now should be directly starting in offline mode
    This does not repair any activation issues of course or touch activation in any way
    Please report your result, for me it worked everytime when i got no internet connection

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    MedalHellWay likes this.
  7. MedalHellWay

MedalHellWay

Thanks @spacefrog for your help :) Tomorrow I will try with your suggestion definitely!

P.S: However, I confirm that if it starts more than three times or more, Unity opens and start ....bah....

8. MedalHellWay

MedalHellWay

@spacefrog i'va try the reg file, but it won work for me; same problem: I have to launch Unity many times before it starts...

9. dan1eln1el5en

dan1eln1el5en

@spacefrog while I didn't use your reg file I manually went to the string in regedit and edited the value from 0 to 1 (I think you mismatched the type, but not sure), however that works. Thank you.

spacefrog likes this.
  10. pjoriginal

pjoriginal

Hello,
    I just installed Unity 2017.2 and tried the manual activation because the online wasn't working.
    After I upload the ulf file, it just says "Licence file loaded successfully"

It does not proceed any further.
    Capture.PNG
    Any help is appreciated.

11. devil_driver

devil_driver

dwemeridze, dalekvan and x4637x like this.
  12. x4637x

x4637x

This solves my re-active problem! Thanks!
    Just wondering, is there a more permanent solution to this, I would like to have my computer working in the correct time zone and have the unity working as well.

dwemeridze likes this.
  13. dalekvan

dalekvan

I can confirm the issue still exists in 2017.3. Changing the timezone was the only way to get my license re-activated.

dwemeridze likes this.
  14. Prince2913

Prince2913

Thanks for this post. I am now able to use unity

15. gamesbx

gamesbx

Do you browsers not support Unity3D?

16. nikotwenty

nikotwenty

This is why people pirate software, because of stupid crap like this.

I downloaded Unity 5 yesterday and still haven't gotten it to run because the license manager just keeps looping never activating.

If I set my computer's time to say, 5 days in the future, then all of a sudden unity will run.

Just stupid.

Crap like this only punishes legitimate users.

17. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

I am also so F***ing annoyed with this already. Even after I already was able to correctly set the license after closing the editor and starting it again i got the same License error again.

This is beyond annoying.

Update: It seems to be a bug in the Unity Hub. Starting Unity 2018.3.7f1 directly instead of going through the hub (with an activated license) works. However sad news for anyone trying out Unity 2019.2.0a7: You cannot start it without going through the hub it will still fail with the same license error.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  18. thef1chesser

thef1chesser

So I've got Unity Hub 2.0.2 and after manual activation the hub keeps saying You have no valid license. when I have a personal license.

I just reinstalled the Unity HUB on windows 10, would really like to continue with my project but can't work with it anymore. Any help please?

Attached Files: