Search Unity

Mantis LOD Editor Support

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by meshonline, Feb 10, 2014.

1. M-alaham

M-alaham

I'm trying to use the online version, it works well with some models and does not work with each other!
    I was able to upload the mesh data successfully but when I move the slider appears this error
    can u help me please

Attached Files:

2. meshonline

meshonline

This error may be caused by several cases, for example, the 3d model has multiple sub-meshes, but a few sub-meshes have not been uploaded successfully, or of other unexpected cases.
    To locate the issue, you need to test with each sub-mesh separately, or use the standalone trial edition to test if it works.

3. meshonline

meshonline

I have fixed the bug of 'Error with network: Generic/unknown HTTP error' in the online version.
    The latest update also brought new features: 'Protect Hard Edge' and 'Beautiful Triangles'.

4. meshonline

meshonline

Just updated the product, and adjusted the price:
    The price of the subscription edition is $10 per month.
    The price of the standalone edition is $36-$42.
    The price of the standard edition is $54-$60.
    The price of the professional edition is $72-$80.

schmosef likes this.
  5. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

I purchased the Pro version on the Asset Store a few days ago, and today I finally reached the part in the project where I can use it! :)

Yet... something weird seems to be happening.
    I mean, I'm running the demo scene, and the result feels far from perfect (the bananas)

I believe it may depends on the import settings of the mesh, because I've set an autoimporter for meshes.

Looking at the demo you're shipping with the latest version of August, the model was imported using most of the legacy options unity has.

Could you please have a look at the scene? I'm using these settings:

which are pretty standard for me, but now I"m getting these errors:

Is there a manual or some documentation?
    Or... some guidelines on which settings it's better to use?

I'm using Unity 2019.2.5f1 targeting android, on Win10-64-pro.

Did I miss the docs and they're already in the package?

6. meshonline

meshonline

The demo project is outdated, I'll update the project, but you can re-generate the progressive mesh and override the old one, and assign it to the runtime script to fix the issue.

7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks! :)

Back to the original question:

are there specific import settings which interfere (or, produce better results) when using Mantis Pro?
    Are there some settings which must be on, and others that have to stay switched off for it to work?

I was looking for some documentation about it, but the only info I was able to infer was that the mesh has to be readable.

I must surely be doing something wrong, because I was trying to decimate a curly curtain and... I'm getting weird results :oops:

8. meshonline

meshonline

I don't know which import settings is the best, maybe the default settings is good enough; You need to do experiments with the settings in Mantis LOD Editor too, for there are no best settings either.
    To test the effect, you can combine the options, then drag the quality slider to observe the result in realtime.

9. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

That's... an unexpected reply
    But thanks, I will keep experimenting ;)

10. Xen0n

Xen0n

Hi, i love this asset but apparently there is some issue, for some reason (using pro latest version) Mantis LOD does change original mesh and i don't know why but changes are not good.
    Have a look at the video
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydrh5zdzjovlhsm/fVwSCESR8S.mp4?dl=0
    Just by adding LODMantis to the game object that model is changed for some reason and tree is darker which is not what we want. Why is affecting original model, any help?