Search Unity

Mantis LOD Editor Support

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by meshonline, Feb 10, 2014.

1. meshonline

meshonline

Hi,

If you have any questions about 'Mantis LOD Editor', please post here.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    amirraziq17 likes this.
  2. meshonline

meshonline

3. meshonline

meshonline

If you have found this information:
    ----------------------------------------------
    DllNotFoundException: MantisLOD
    MantisLODEditor.MantisLODEditor.optimize () (at Assets/MantisLODEditor/Editor/MantisLODEditor.cs:355)
    MantisLODEditor.MantisLODEditor.Awake () (at Assets/MantisLODEditor/Editor/MantisLODEditor.cs:301)
    ----------------------------------------------

This means that you had copied the software to wrong directory, please just copy Editor and Plugins subdirectories to your project's Assets directory, like this:

Assets/Editor and Assets/Plugins
    not
    Assets/MantisLODEditor/Editor and Assets/MantisLODEditor/Plugins

Then restart Unity Pro, it should work now.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. meshonline

meshonline

Big discount for limited time!
    You can buy the plugin with the price of merely $50!
    BTW. The original price is $200.

5. meshonline

meshonline

We are pleased to tell you that every Unity user can use our online mesh simplification service for FREE now!
    Download from http://www.mesh-online.net/ right now!

6. meshonline

meshonline

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  7. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Love Mantis, but I have an issue. When its installed I lose the ability to enable/disable assets.
    The Box to toggle is gone. Unity 4.5, latest version of Mantis
    Thanks!

8. meshonline

meshonline

This should be a Unity bug, you may remove it when you have finished the simplification of the 3d models, no better solution at present.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  9. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Update: looks like a unity bug

geez, thats no good. Wish this was stated on your site so I knew this before I purchased.
    Are you working on a solution? Surprised Unity approved it.

10. meshonline

meshonline

We had stated this on the FAQ page. This should be a bug of Unity's Editor, we have reported the bug to them, there are at least three bugs we have found, we had reported the other two bugs to them recently.

11. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

ok, sorry it didn't read that way. Thank you, I love Mantis and look forward to using it as an option for editing mesh in Unity. The standalone is very cool! so fast and simple for when I need to quickly knock out a good LOD.
    thanks!

12. meshonline

meshonline

Really affordable price for indie developers and 3d artists!
    We decide to change the price to $80, and we believe that the new price is appealing to indie developers.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  13. Etroo44

Etroo44

Hello, i have problem i cant apply changes to prefab because Mantis LOD Editor replace it. Can you change script so as to be in Editor Window. Thanks.

14. Hermonirr

Hermonirr

Hi,

I'm building a mesh in real-time using 3D data I get from an external program.
    I'd like to have a low poly version of this mesh to be used as a collision object.

Could Cruncher take arbitrary mesh data and create a low poly version in a single frame? If so, how much time would it take? I'm aiming at maximum 4 milliseconds.

Thanx,
    Nir Hermoni

15. meshonline

meshonline

This is a bug of Unity, you may remove it when you have finished the simplification of the 3d models, no better solution at present.

16. meshonline

meshonline

Mantis LOD Editor only works in edit mode, runtime LOD is not supported now.
    Why? Because Unity use c# to support varies platforms, but Mantis LOD Editor is written in c++, though we can re-write it in c#, we found that the speed of c# is terrible slow.

17. meshonline

meshonline

Mantis LOD Editor - Professional Edition
    The bug has been fixed in v3.0, you can upgrade to v3.0 right now.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  18. ventureblocks

ventureblocks

Hello. I purchased the Standard Edition but it turns out that the generated meshes lose any Blendshapes they had. Is there a way to simultaneously generate a low poly mesh and keep the blendshapes?

19. meshonline

meshonline

http://www.mesh-online.net/faq.html#Q35

20. ventureblocks

ventureblocks

Awesome! Works great and thanks for the fast response.

21. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Hi! I was playing with banana demo - progressive lod takes extra 125mb of memory in this scene; Is it possible to make models re-use progressive mesh in memory? Seems like, it creates duplicates in memory, resulting in extra 500 meshes for 25 exactly the same banana models.

Also, do you have plans to add progressive mesh creation into your free online tool or some trial application? I want to benchmark my real project to see how much I will gain for my huge scenes before buying, by measuring cpu time win/memory consumption ratios. Its hard to tell now with banana scene only.

22. meshonline

meshonline

1.Yes, it creates duplicates in memory, because each mesh must be independent to change the triangle list, this make the progressive mesh very simple to use, but it will waste some memories.

If a mesh has many instances in the scene, you may consider the traditional LOD system, while other meshes can use the progressive mesh feature.

We'll look into the issue to see if we can find a better solution, thanks for your suggestion.

2. You may duplicate the bananas and spread them in large space to simulate a huge scene, for example, totally 10,000 bananas in a scene. We have no plan to add this feature in the online edition or the trial edition at present.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  23. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Thank you for the answer. Theoretically, If using many similar meshes, its possible to optimize the system, so that it would reuse the model meshes? (If I do not need blendshapes and animation)

I mean, if I will have same banana with the same mesh LOD displayed on screen, I think I can just use same model copy, or keep preloaded pool of models and swap them, depending on the LOD leve l I need now (for non-animated models only); - that will save huge amount of memory and make Mantis usable for me.

If I buy Mantis professional, do I get the sources to code such alteration myself, or I will not have access to that part where I could alter code somehow to make it re-use the meshes for same models?

24. meshonline

meshonline

We provide all source code except the kernel plugin part(generate inner progressive mesh data structure), you can modify the source code to achieve a pool of models for static meshes.

You need not to buy the professional edition to ensure it, instead, you can modify the source code in the demo project to achieve a mesh pool, it is fairly easy, just cache the live meshes(level 0-level19) into an global array, then swap them when needed.

You may also use the normal feature of the professional edition in this case, you need not custom the source code, just make LODs using the normal feature of the professional edition, then setup LOD in Unity's default LOD system.

We have added the solution to: http://www.mesh-online.net/faq.html#Q36

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  25. meshonline

meshonline

26. Centripetal

Centripetal

I bought the online subscription and downloaded the MantisLODEditorSubscription. However, it gives an error message "Network Error: Please try again" when I try to validate the subscription registration code and my network connection is working fine for everything else.

27. meshonline

meshonline

Please check the firewall settings, the app uses openssl to access the server, the firewall should not prevent port 443 and something like.

28. Centripetal

Centripetal

It is not the firewall settings. I completely disabled the firewall to test.

29. meshonline

meshonline

It's strange, I have tested the subscription edition v1.3.4 and v2.0 on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, it works fine.

30. GenOli

GenOli

I get this error when trying to use free version...extracted folder to my project, added the Mantis script to the model, hit Upload and after ~20 seconds...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MantisLODEditor.InnerMantisLODEditorOnline.upload_stage_2 () (at Assets/MantisLODEditor/Editor/InnerMantisLODEditorOnline.cs:489)
    MantisLODEditor.InnerMantisLODEditorOnline.Update () (at Assets/MantisLODEditor/Editor/InnerMantisLODEditorOnline.cs:380)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:217)

Edit: Seems it's caused by clicking upload, then clicking off of the inspector then going back to the inspector while uploading.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  31. meshonline

meshonline

Please test with different 3d models, if only this 3d model has the issue, it may be something we has not considered in the algorithm.

32. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

I test and use your free online version. its best tool for create lowpoly model. i test pro Optimizer in max and your tool is a bit better!!! i test a lot of tools like polygon Cruncher. but Mantis is Win in every test
    Fast-Free-Online

33. Awethesame

Awethesame

Hello,I want buy your editor on appstore,but our paypal account are both from china,so we can't trade,can i buy it in other way?

34. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

Hello!

We use Unity Pro. We are building virtual world simulations, and so must have a lot of items in world, but also must hold down draw calls, system demands, and anything else that can cause lag.

Many asset packs do NOT come with LOD versions of the items. This is quite a problem for us. I am looking for a way to create LOD 2, 3, etc. within the editor while I am building each world instance.

MantisLOD Pro looks perfect for my needs, but before spending that much money I would like to try out the system. I downloaded the free online pack from your website to try it, but do not know how to incorporate this into Unity Pro 5.4.1f1.

My CTO (chief technical officer) is on vacation in California for a week, so I cannot ask him to install this for me. Do you have any documentation on setting this up in Unity Pro?

Thank you.

Reid Iford
    CEO / President
    Vontarga Technologies, Inc.

35. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

WOW! I also sent an email and had a detailed response the next day. For anyone else as dumb as me, here is the solution. ;)

Just unzip and move the directory of 'MantisLODEditor' to your project’s ‘Assets’ subdirectory.

Then select the 3d model in the hierarchy panel, go to menu Window->Mantis LOD Editor->Component->Editor->Mantis LOD Editor Online.

Click the 'Upload Mesh’ button.

Enter some percentage values to watch the result in realtime.

36. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

MANTIS LOD is just amazing! This is the best product in the Asset Store! FIVE STARS

37. Noetic0ne

Noetic0ne

so no answer on the network error, I seem to be able to use it at times with certian pieces in my model, but on others i get the Network error please try again..
    upload_2018-1-4_19-58-41.png

38. xdude369

xdude369

I am having the same issue as Noetic0ne. 500 Internal Server Error when trying to adjust the quality slider.

39. Zaire82

Zaire82

when i use the free version, and try to upload my mesh data, it says "post method required". what does that mean and what should i do about it?

kavanavak and melihk like this.
  40. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

You must Paste your resolution instead of moving sider

Slider doesn't works fine

just type your resolution n somewhere and paste the value into Resolution slider/input section

41. KRYPTEK37

KRYPTEK37

Im having the same issue as Noetic0ne, and im typing the resolution in, not using the slider. I'm using the free online version by the way.

42. chriswillamss

chriswillamss

Same problem "500 Internal Server Error". Maybe they are closed because of lack of funds.

43. skylancer0020

skylancer0020

I have tried using the Free online version, however when after I upload the file, and try to move the slider, get an error. "post method needed" ?

44. melihk

melihk

I get the same error, I hope they fix the problem as soon as possible. error.PNG

skylancer0020 likes this.
  45. skylancer0020

skylancer0020

Yay, I;m not the only one.!

melihk likes this.
  46. domupdate

domupdate

so has anyone found a fix or is this the end of the program?

47. callpoll114

callpoll114

I'm getting the same issue, what's going on?

48. sipsp0ison

sipsp0ison

500 Internal Server Error, is this on your end or ours? it worked 2 times then generated this error. please let us know, this plug in is amazing

49. sipsp0ison

sipsp0ison

found the fix

if you keep getting this error just type the number you need into notepad, highlight the 100 next to the slider and paste it over it. it then should work with no issues. the slider and the type value is buggy for some reason

50. meshonline

meshonline

Hi all,

The issue has been solved on the server side, it is because of nearly no free disk space.
    The log files have been increasing rapidly every minute, because there are lot of users are using the free service.
    The issue will no longer appear, I have fixed it completely.

Art

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    schmosef likes this.