Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Manor Construction Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LuxUnity, Jun 28, 2012.

1. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor2 in ready in asset store!

2. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor 2.1 in upload with:
    - attic
    - diagonal exterior blocks
    - more interior stairs
    - manor1 cellar fix

3. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor2.1 in ready in asset store!

4. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Hi, how do you know unity have update a new set of examples:
    http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/01/17/new-sample-assets-beta/

Prototype Environment
    To keep the package sizes down and the examples as clear and easy to understand as possible, our sample scenes use simple prototype models for the environments, and these are packaged up for you to use if you want to. They can be a good way of quickly blocking out level designs, to be replaced with your own real artwork later.

The good news is that manor2.x work very well with its if you set the premade block at size 0.8 :

5. Qualdan

Qualdan

I've been playing with manor v2 for a little while and I can't seem to find a half-size exterior wall piece.

Did you forgot to add it or am I not looking hard enough?

6. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I forgot! I'll update it as soon as I can!

7. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor 2.15 is ready in asset store with half-size exterior pieces.

8. michaelalterio

michaelalterio

Hi - I am trying to connect the manor_exterior_double_maindoor to a hall. Could you possibly make a prefab where we could this? I am trying to manipulate the models in unity, but I'm not succeeding. Thanks so much! Attached are photos of what I mean. The first one is the exterior, and the second is the hall.

$Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 2.51.29 PM.png

$Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 2.51.42 PM.png

9. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

The pieces fit together in this way:

hall_main_door + manor_exterior_double_maindor

10. GameTech

GameTech

For all the half stairs prefabs I noticed that there is a gap at the top of the stairs. I will show you a picture.

11. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Could you show a picture less close, so I can understand what pieces you are using and how to they are put?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  12. GameTech

GameTech

I believe it is all the half stairs under manor -> prefab.

Here is a picture of the half stairs base L.

13. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

It's seem that unity3 and 4 handle the half stairs pieces of manor1 (with manor2 work fine) in different ways.

It is a problem of different default import settings for the FBX files. Use this settings:

And the half stairs will work fine in unity4

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  14. derf

derf

Was curious if we could get the wood textures for the walls for the hall prefabs? I tried to make them but my attempts ended pretty badly. I am loving this asset. Will buy the modern construction kit soon too.

15. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

There is an example for this, look at the prefab "hall_wall_wood_window"

16. derf

derf

Yes I noticed it and was attempting to build my prefabs but the wood diffuse texture was not designed to match up with the hall elements. I included an image on what I get when I tried to build the new wooden hall pieces. $ManorConstructionKitWood.jpg

If I use the wooden_planks material like the piece on the right it looks ok, but I was hoping to include the very stylized wood diffuse material to get that authentic paneling look. When I tried it on the middle piece the material does not match up to the large window hall piece at all. And as an example the far left piece is the standard hall window wood piece you mentioned.

Any ideas on how to get a FULL wooden hall or even a half and half like the left piece? Any ideas on which elements I would need to build the prefabs would help. Thanks.

17. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Presently the solution may be use two room wood prefab in this way:

But I'll put in to-do-list a more easy solution.

18. derf

derf

Thank you for the reply.

As an update I played more with it and decided that creating a FULL wooden wall with the hall pieces just doesn't look as nice as I thought it would, but the half wood-half wall paper; does look very nice especially with proper lighting and shadows or with proper Shaders.

The only issue I have is the Large window in the hall piece is not in proportion to the other hall pieces when I build up a new prefab using the bases and elements. Mostly because the "height" of the arched window is higher than the wood section it will snap too.

Referencing the previous image I posted, if I click on the individual sections of the hall_big_window prefab, the window ARCH is one whole piece (the curved arch above the actual window and two straight sections to either side of the window) and I think it would look better if it was broken into 3 pieces with maybe the two sections on either side of the large window, which seem to be able to line up with the half wood sections nicely, were children of the top arch section which is much higher in relation to the half wood sections.

If these sections already do exist as separate entities which directory are they in? Thanks again for the asset and your continued communication, thank you.

19. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Good to know!
    Is this solution good for you?

20. derf

derf

Yes that is more than good, that is great. I have seen older homes where large windows were designed with an artistic flare like that and the top part would extend like that with it surrounded by wallpaper, paint or plaster.

Thank you.

21. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

manor 2.16 in upload with big window wall wood for hall.

22. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor 2.16 is ready in asset store!

23. derf

derf

Got it and a very big thank you for staying with this product and updating it.

24. derf

derf

How do we use the two prefabs attic_stairsL and attic_stairsR?

25. derf

derf

Never mind, the floor tiles were not lined up properly with the prefab model that was in the package.

Any chance we can get a short 2-4 step transition piece for bi-level mansions? Where there is a step down or a step up to a room or section of a house?

26. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

attic_stairsL and attic_stairsR work with corner_in_out_L and corner_in_out_R, the unusual floor position is to keep the right distance for the exterior wall.

About bi-level mansion, you can use "stairs_half_hall".

27. derf

derf

I have been using your door script but was looking to convert it to use the LMB instead of the "F" key.

Right now when the door opens it is fine but when it closes the door revolves around and around about 3 times before stopping.

This only happens when I have to turn the door 90 degrees when placing it in an arch way in the game level.

Any ideas on why it is doing that?

28. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Open door.cs script and replace the 5 "KeyCode.F" with the key that you like.

I test the door and work fine in every angle. Maybe you have acidentally rotate only some children of the prefab and not the entire prefab? Try to reimport the prefab in the scene from the Project folder and rotate it with the inspector, instead of use the rotation in the scene: sometime can happen that select and rotate only some children and not the entire prefab.

29. derf

derf

Thanks I got it figured out. Your trigger script allows you to change the value of "which" actual trigger variable to use so I can set the trigger on a door to use trigger_A for both object triggers and the door will open and close on the same angle so I can have doors that open inward or outward. Thanks.

30. derf

derf

What else have you got planned for manor construction set and your new urban construction set?

31. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I plan a texture update for the new unity5 material and a dirty/ruined version of the materials.

32. derf

derf

Awesome stuff, thank you so much for your continued support of your work.

You did some furniture with movable drawers and doors, are you looking to create more furniture?

33. derf

derf

One other thing I thought off while building a cellar level, can we get a cellar door with a section cut out to show bars? Similar to old style prison doors where there is a small section for the guards to see through before they open doors.

34. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I'll put the door in to-do list (furnitures don't sell well).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  35. derf

derf

One final note I have noticed when working with the attic pieces. There isn't a single attic wall piece to match the single room wall piece. The attic wall uses attic_wall_2x but there needs to be a attic_wall_1x . My solution was to just make the attic its own level. Once again thank you for your work and dedication.

36. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

I forgot to build the premade block, but the element exist: search "attic_wall1x".
    I'll add the premade block soon as I can.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  37. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

asset update in asset store with attic_wall_1x

38. eridani

eridani

Can this be used with the Random Dungeon Generator asset to create random procedural houses? Thanks!

39. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor Construction Kit 2 elements use a precise cube space, so procedural build is possible but I never use Random Dungeon Generator and I can't say if it work well with it.

40. derf

derf

Question to anyone who uses this kit.

I have noticed if I reduce the movement on the character controller speed, and than try to walk up the stair models the CC quickly moves to a crawl. Does anyone have this experience?

Create a new scene and place just the stair models, than create a standard FPS controller. Go to the CC script values and set forward movement to 3, side movement and backward movement to 2 and than try going up the stairs. You seem to move slowly like a mountain clime. Any ideas? The base movement of the CC was too fast so I modified it to be slower to match in sync with the foot fall audio and works, but going up stairs is super slow where it may take almost 10 seconds to go up a simple flight of steps.

41. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

42. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Soon will be ready in asset store a new version with colliders compatibles with unity5.

43. derf

derf

awesome!

44. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Colliders fix for unity5 ready in asset store.

45. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Working on manor 3 with unity5 pbr materials.

46. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Manor 3 work in progress...

47. derf

derf

Those screen shots are awesome. Is Manor 3 going to be a separate asset or an update to the Manor Construction Kit asset?

Can we get a preview shot of ruined/damaged wall paper walls? Also can we get newer wider windows for the standard room size?

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  48. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

It will be an update of the currente asset.
    Ruined stuff will be in 3.1. by now I'm updating materials and uv for unity5.
    The new window is this:
    http://i.imgur.com/rGdGYXx.jpg
    same size of the older but more detail an independents part (so you can add your animations if you want).

49. derf

derf

Wow! Awesome stuff. So the windows now have shudders and are made of two parts so we can animate the lower half of the window?

50. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Yes.