Search Unity

Question Managing overall scene flow using Bolt

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by stehei, Feb 14, 2023.

1. stehei

stehei

Hi,

I already asked this on questions, but neither could find my own question there after posting. Nor was sure what is going on there due to the "$$anonymous$$" thing.

Given:
    I have a level scene and many, many additional scenes containing UI. So far I have created a "Game" scene containing a script loading my level and loading the respective UI scene additively. But there is a lot of logic and branching involved in my game when it comes to the management of the UI scenes.
    Assumption:
    I thought it might be possible to create some kind of an overall "Game" scene containing the whole scene logic. So a visual graph where the sequence and branches of the whole scene workflow could be done. The scenes themselves might contain (independent) flows and / or C# scripts for themselves. But whenever a specific scene "closes" itself the overall Game scene graph takes on an loads the next UI scene respectively...
    Problem:
    Can this be performed using Bolt and if how? A flow graph can easily load further scenes, yes... But I don't know how to perform the "jump back". E.g. I might implement a state graph in the Game scene and give by a state some UI scenes are loaded sequentially... starting the next UI scene when the prior scene closes (along with loading further scenes additively).