Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Management / menu game

Discussion in '2D' started by TwentySicks, Apr 22, 2017.

1. TwentySicks

TwentySicks

Hello community.

Several years since i last posted anything here, because of real life hitting me with other responsebilites.

Anyway, got time now, wanna make some games, yay! Im a novice C# dabbler, know the basics and how to find help for more advanced stuff, can find answers to my problems online, usually.

My question; I want to make a kind of engine department management game. I want the player to have a static 2D background, lets say, with an engine and the auxiliary systems the engine needs to run. The players job is to open/close valves, to move around fuel and oil and such things.

Unity has advanced a lot since i last used it. How would be a smart way to go about making something like this? I want it to be like a simplified verson of a full CAD simulator, which i have used as part of my engineering school.

I was thinking of making it the background image static, and then throw a UI overlay on top, with buttons acting as valves etc.

Any advice? I want to be able to show levels, temperature etc of a tanks content, and the flow rate through pipes and such later on.