Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by justb, Aug 14, 2014.

1. justb

justb

Demon face wip Video preview:

Demon Face wip.png

Jaimi likes this.
  2. Jaimi

Jaimi

Now that is some awesome 60s/70s hair. A tie-dyed shirt and bell bottoms would go perfect with that hair.

3. justb

justb

Male Face 04 Wip:

Male Face 04 Wip.png

Jaimi and hopeful like this.
  4. justb

justb

5. justb

justb

Hair Pack Vol.1 Gender hair Swaps. Adds 13 more hairs. Should be uploaded soon.

swaps1.png swaps6.png swaps7.png swaps8.png

swaps5.png

Jaimi and hopeful like this.
  6. justb

justb

Jaimi likes this.
  7. justb

justb

willbgameart.com

Holiday Sale Kris Kringle.png

JeffG and hopeful like this.
  8. dmenefee

dmenefee

Hello. I have a beginner question... I just bought the Face Pack 1 on the Unity store, and am now discovering that the wardrobe clothing that worked on the base avatar doesn't appear to work correctly with the athletic races. There are lots of patchy colors, stuff not being hidden. Am I correct in assuming that I'll need to adjust the old wardrobe to fit athletic races? If so, is there a video tutorial for this? Thank you

edit: I’ll see if using the mesh hiding feature works.

edit2: No, it does not.

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 10.41.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 10.42.23 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 10.42.57 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  9. justb

justb

Hi. You shouldn't have to adjust anything for the new "Face pack update". The updated faces are set up as wardrobe recipes. Just add them to the DCS Avatar as you would armor.

If your using the old faces they are set up as Races using the default UMA body. If you want to use the 2.0 base with them, swap the body and head slots/Overlays in the Default Human Female/Male Race Data recipes and also drag the "root face pack folder" to the Armor Wardrobe Recipe.

Support email: will@willbgameart.com

dmenefee likes this.
  10. dmenefee

dmenefee

Actually, it's not the faces that are problematic. I've just uploaded screenshots showing what I'm seeing. I'm not sure it's related to the Face Packs, but rather to the athletic races and compatibility with wardrobe meshes. It's entirely possible (likely?) that it's a setup issue on my part...

Which brings up the question of whether it's possible to setup the Face Pack for the non-athletic races.

11. Jaimi

Jaimi

Some of the recipes are set to hide things by slot name. Unfortunately, these must be unique in UMA, so if you use different races, then you have to adjust "hides" in the recipe. (Another option is to use tags to hide the body parts instead of slot names - there is a section for that in UMA 2.10+).
    Another issue could be that the wardrobe recipe is using "Mesh Hide Assets" to hide individual polygons. These are specific to slot and the position of the polygons in the mesh data -- they can't be shared. So if they are using Mesh Hide Assets setup for old slots, then you would need to make a new Mesh Hide Asset for the new slot.

Another thing -
    In the picture above, the bra is setup on the old slot. So when you add the bra to the new character, with a new body slot, you end up with the old slot and the new slot in the mesh.
    What you want to do for that one, is go into the underwear recipe that you added, and replace the old slot with the new one. There is tag support coming for this in 2.11, using what we call "Wildcard slots" -- which is a slot that is replaced by whatever slot is actually used in the base race recipe.

dmenefee likes this.
  12. dmenefee

dmenefee

Thank you! I'll try these suggestions later today.

13. justb

justb

Hi. I saw the screens. Remove the default female underwear from the DCS wardrobes and try using the Female athletic underwear instead.

Best to use the athletic 2.0 underwear which is specifically made for that base mesh.

The other one is an overlay, so if you want to use it, you'll need to add the overlay to the female 2.0 athletic torso.

ScreenHunter 4236.png

Support email: will@willbgameart.com

dmenefee likes this.
  14. dmenefee

dmenefee

Thanks, @justb and @Jaimi, I really appreciate your time and attention for these newbie questions.

My underlying reason for wanting to use this apparel is that my game environment is a hot tropical rainforest, and the inhabitants don't wear much clothing. Because I'm trying to avoid an adult ESRB rating, I want to give them *something* to wear, and I don't want it to look like lingerie. The "undies2" looks more, utilitarian? than the strapped bras and panties.

However, when I copied the recipe and tried setting it up with the Female 2.0 athletic torso, I saw issues with incompatible materials. Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 8.05.19 PM.png
    I'm prepared to keep digging, as I do need to learn more about the inner workings of UMA. However, if you or anyone else has a suggestion for compatible, minimal clothing, I'm all ears. I couldn't find anything on the UAS or WillB's store that would be a good fit for this... I don't want scraps of leather, either, though I thought about that. But these folks (in the game mythos) don't kill animals, so that would look odd.

15. justb

justb

Hi. The female torso uses the SSS skin shader. Any overlay that goes on the body would need to use the same shader.

You'll need to assign the UMA SSS material to the overlay and create the extra maps for it referencing the Female SSS maps.

Secret Anorak tutorials:

Please move future issues to email support as this thread is mostly for Asset updates and support can fill up the thread pretty fast. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    dmenefee likes this.
  16. justb

justb

Male Head 05 Pre-final

M_Head 05 pre-final.png

dmenefee and Jaimi like this.
  17. justb

justb

Face Pack Update 6 Full is added to willbgameart.com:

-Added Male Face 05
    -Combined all files to one package
    -Included Athletic Male 2.0 and Athletic Female 2.0 already set up and ready (import them new)
    -Added shared colors
    -Reorganized wardrobes
    -Triple checked import

Jaimi and dmenefee like this.
  18. justb

justb

Helmet Pack Low poly wip:

Helmet pack Low poly wip.png

Jaimi likes this.
  19. justb

justb

Jaimi likes this.
  20. Jaimi

Jaimi

justb likes this.
  21. justb

justb

Jaimi likes this.
  22. justb

justb

Old legacy faces updated to male base 2.0. No resolution change. Just for anyone who prefers to have the old races.

Legacy face 2.png Legacy face 3.png Legacy face 4.png

Legacy face 1.png

hopeful and Jaimi like this.
  23. justb

justb

24. justb

justb

25. justb

justb

Fem base 2.0 underwear overlay name was blank on the last update. If your having an issue with the global library you'll need to add the name to it. Will update it soon.

underwear overlay.png

26. justb

justb

UMA Fairy Wing Pack_1.1 is added to willbgaemart.com and submitted:

-Fixed Wing 05 back face culling

Jaimi likes this.
  27. ChristmasEve

ChristmasEve

Will,
    The slot file F_Fairy_wings_05_Slot.asset crashes the UMA system. I noticed it's very different from the 1.0 version. It's binary but I can see just from the size that it is 43k vs 33k for the old one. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

28. ChristmasEve

ChristmasEve

I temporarily fixed it by taking the slot file for male and overwriting the female slot and changing the slot name to F_Fairy_wings_05. I have your new FBX in place and I can see both facets of the wings.

29. justb

justb

Works fine here. This a new project. Perhaps you should just reimport the newly updated asset on the store instead of the files sent via email.

Try it in a new project as sometimes projects can become corrupt.

upload_2021-1-15_10-58-47.png

upload_2021-1-15_10-22-36.png

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  30. ChristmasEve

ChristmasEve

Thanks Will. But I bought the Fairy Wings as part of the RPG Starter 3. I didn't buy the pack by itself. And it looks like you only updated the Fairy Wings pack on the asset store. For Fairy Wings pack, it's saying I have to buy it.

31. justb

justb

No prob. Will send you a coupon for the willbagameart.com version. Should be up on the store soon (as time permits).

ChristmasEve likes this.
  32. justb

justb

@ChristmasEve Coupon code is sent to email.

You should also now have the Hair pack vol.2 Wip pack.

ChristmasEve likes this.
  33. justb

justb

Spectacles pack wip:

Spectacles wip.png

kenamis and Jaimi like this.
  34. justb

justb

small update:
    Legacy face files are all setup and double import checked (minus new slot tags). That and the face pack update 6 full should be submitted soon.

35. justb

justb

UMA face Pack 1.4.4 is submitted

-Added Female Elf, Female face 03 light, Male Face 05

It contains the original legacy faces as the the package has conflicting Base 2.0 files. You can find the updated 2.0 Races on willbgameart.com soon.

36. justb

justb

37. justb

justb

38. justb

justb

Male Face 09 Wip:

Face 9 wip.png

39. CodexofRome

CodexofRome

Painfully newbie question I'm sure, but when I attempt to add wardrobe recipes from your product to the New Dynamic Character Avatar, the whole UMA disappears. Other recipes that came with UMA do see to work as expected. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

40. justb

justb

Hi. Support email is: will@willbgameart.com please email me there for additional support.

Check that the DCS race you are using is also added to the wardrobe. ie. Male Base 2.0 Athletic.

Also check the console for any error messages. You can send screenshots of them to my email if the above doesn't solve it.

41. justb

justb

UMA Plate Tier 1-3 1.1 is added to willbgameart.com:

-updated female torso spacing

42. MrIconic

MrIconic

1) Are there assets available on your website that are not available on the Unity store (and vice-versa)?

2) It is a little difficult to find out exactly what's missing after I obtain the RPG bundles + Scifi Bundle(s). Is it possible to just purchase almost every one of your assets at a discount?

3) If I purchased from your website how am I notified when there's an update? (For example, Unity provides the update notifications and has an update button).

Thanks for your time.

43. justb

justb

Hi.

1) Assets get updated on the website first. Sometimes there are wip packs on the site that are not on the store ie. Hair Pack Vol. 2

2) The only assets missing from the bundles are; barbarian, rogue and any sci fi items. (The current RPGs are fantasy)

3) I generally post updates here, on twitter or on the site. Update emails will be re-added soon once I find a better plugin.

44. justb

justb

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    hopeful and Jaimi like this.
  45. justb

justb

46. justb

justb

hopeful likes this.
  47. justb

justb

Male Demon Head pre-final: