Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Damn Will. Your stuff is always amazing quality.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks siblingrivalry.

UMA FB1 High Elf Armor refit:

preview 1.png preview 2.png preview 3.png

BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA High Elf Armor refit is submitted. Includes Greyscale diffuse and colorguide.

preview 1_1.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    UnLogick, BackwoodsGaming and cyby89 like this.
  4. virror

virror

Looks badass as always : D

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Male Zombie 2 Long sleeve shirt:

zomb2_4.png zomb2_5.png

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

So I purchased your "UMA MB1 FB1 Sci refit" package on Dec 26, 2014. I tried to do decent research before spending the money to make sure that it would be a fit for my project. Here it is 2 and a half months later and I'm just getting around to implementing this package into my game. The generator works fine, and I'm able to make prefabs using UMAPowerTools with no problem.

So using the UMA generator and the "Random Sets" you provided, I made a copy of one of the random sets so that I could modify it for me needs. Basically, all I was looking to do is have some generate with their helmets on (default "FB1 Sci 1 Black Red") while others need to randomly generate with helmets off.

I was able to achieve this in all areas except for 1:

the normal map for the suit/helmet is still applied to all the flesh textures, so their faces have bumps from the suit, etc.

Now, this is really my problem, not yours, but I saw in the UMA thread you had issues with bump maps applying on swapped slots. I did try manually adding the 2 texture names to the slot texture name list as you suggested, but with no luck. Anyway, I was wondering if you had any advice for me in this situation? I'd be happy to post full screenshots of my editor settings, etc. if you need a clearer picture of what I am doing and the issue I am encountering.

Beautiful work by the way! Once I get more efficient in UMA and have some more money to spend, I'll be picking up more of your UMA packs. Thanks again, sorry to be a pest!

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey @Black Lodge Games. Thanks for the purchase.

Send me an email and I'll help you sort it out. To me it sounds like some of the overlay list source numbers/settings are wrong. Send me a screen shot of the random set. willbartwork@gmail.com

Deleted User likes this.
  8. UnLogick

UnLogick

Greyscale diffuse and colorguide! Now that is what UMA is all about!

Toss in an overlay where you isolate the engravings/color variation on the edges so they can be tinted more or less, just for the pro users who doesn't have to worry about atlas performance.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'll send you a detailed email tomorrow. Thanks for the help, it is definitely much appreciated!

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep. That's the idea. I'm leaving it up to the user for now. I might do a few tweaked versions later on.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

12. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol... Been watching for it.. Nice to have an asset once in awhile that I don't have to budget for! Thanks for throwing a freebie into the mix! I'm watching for the elf one you submitted to add to my wish list. Probably will start adding the non-scifi ones to my budget (that I don't already have) within the next month or two. Hopefully the peasant ones will be up by then so I can add them first as starter clothes.. *hint* *hint* :p

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the free bandana and also for the advice in your email, which worked perfectly by the way. Would you mind if I posted our private email exchange here and/or in the UMA thread, etc so that other UMA newbies similar to me can perhaps benefit from our exchange? Either way, thanks again!

EDIT: I posted a review on the "UMA MB1 FB1 Sci refit" asset store page.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2015
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks Black Lodge. Yes. You can post the email fix here and in the UMA thread.

@Shawn67 peasants are being done along side the zombies. First poor set should be up soon.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Note on the Bandana. It's rigged to the head only, so forehead size will be effected. Will update it in a bit.

16. Teila

Teila

Love the bandana. A nice head hair for females, just a texture, would be nice beneath it. I might try my hand at one. :) A pony tale would be nice too. I guess I need to move beyond making buildings and on to ponytails. :)

Thanks for the free gift! I can definitely use this.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

No probs. Glad it's useful Teila.

Fem Zombie 2 High poly. One side king of bubbly an inflated the other arm a bit skinny (Good for long arms, mutants and so on)

f_zombie 2.png

18. Teila

Teila

EWWWW! Now, that is just gross, Justb. Perfect zombie! :)

Deleted User likes this.
  19. UnLogick

UnLogick

Is that going to be a new UMA base mesh? Looks completely wicked. :)

20. hopeful

hopeful

Looks to me like he's got a very bad infection. From a zombie bite, no doubt!

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep. It will be new.(Similar to the male zombie 1.)

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

FB1 Poor 1:

preview1.png preview2.png

BackwoodsGaming, Teila and cyby89 like this.
  23. Teila

Teila

I like it! I do have a question though. Is this a skirt and top or a dress? :)

24. UnLogick

UnLogick

Please let it be 7 pieces!
    1. Shoes
    2. Dress
    3. Belt
    4. Shirt
    5. Gloves/Arms
    6. Top
    7. Shoulders
    :)

Teila and hopeful like this.
  25. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

FB1.. Should we assume that this is the non-UMA and there will be a UMA refit? Or is it UMA and you just forgot to include UMA in description. It looks great.. I just don't want to get too excited until I know for sure it is UMA... heheh

EDIT: I'm hoping for the list breakdown too.. Hopefully instead of dress, it is skirt and top, or have both.. One as dress and other split as skirt with separated top.

Teila likes this.
  26. Teila

Teila

Oh, it does sort of look like a non-UMA avatar, doesn't it? I imagine he will make a refit. He always does.

I am hoping for the skirt as well. Then we can mix and match with other tops, making multiple outfits.

My only other comment is that I wish the weave on the skirt was vertical instead of horizontal. I think it look more finished. :) Very minor though.

27. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yeah.. I think he normally using MB1/FB1 for his normal models and adds UMA or UMA refit if they are for UMA. I didn't even look close at the model.. Just saw the outfit and knew that I wanted it eventually.. heheh

Teila likes this.
  28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Guys. That one is Shawl, top, Skirt, shoes.

@Shawn67 It will be refit for UMA.

I sometimes do the originals for FB1/MB1 and sometimes for UMA then refit. Some people like to use FB1/MB1 and some UMA. Lately I've been doing mostly UMA for the customization.

Some are also refits of current models I've done but haven't been used in a game.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  29. Teila

Teila

So the gloves are part of the top? They seem more Victorian than medieval fantasy, very cool, but would be nice if they were separate from the top. :)

Love that you made a skirt!

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

FB1 Fem Poor 2 (cap, dress, shoes, cape):

fem poor 2 1.png fem poor 2 2.png fem poor 2 3.png

UnLogick, Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  31. witchscroll

witchscroll

nice, i have a question
    if i buy 1 character in your assetstore page, will i get the 1 character and all these clothes of all characters ?
    i suggest you make a bundle pack that include all your characters and selling in the assetstore with a discount.
    good luck.

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

@witchscroll You don't get all of the outfits for the character. They are sold separately.

Currently outfits are being submitted as sets or individually. A "Fantasy" bundle pack wouldn't be a for a little while (once more items are done). The pack would be somewhat pricey since it would include several armors, outfits, faces, tattoos, hairs, and so on.

33. Deleted User

Deleted User

FB1 Poor set is submitted

34. Deleted User

Deleted User

cyby89 likes this.
  35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

So is the UMA refit done yet? And a MB1 Poor UMA refit? *hides* :p

Those would be the biggest on my wishlist atm and would probably be pushed to the front of my minuscule monthly spending budget. No pressure or anything.. *hides again*

Seriously though, I still have to reintegrate UMA back into my project since I decided to take it in another direction. So no rush. But when I do get it reintegrated my goal would be having some decent starter clothes before the nicer armors. Just explaining why I'm more excited about the poor people stuff atm..

With that said, adding the high elf set to wishlist for future purchase... :p

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

:) Hey Shawn67. Not refitted for UMA yet. Should be soon in the next week.

@Teila Will separate the Glove for the UMA version

The MB1 FB1 Peasant Set is Submitted.

Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  37. Teila

Teila

Same here, Shawn! The peasant clothing is what I need first as well. But still lots to do so no rush.

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Male face 1 test (single directional)

UMA Male face 1 test.png

UnLogick and Teila like this.
  39. Deleted User

Deleted User

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA F_Peasant refit:

preview 1.png preview 2.png

UnLogick and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  41. Deleted User

Deleted User

Male Sci 2 Concept:

m sci 2 concept.png

42. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I guess I was thinking the peasant and poor were the same thing. I like the "Peasant", but the poor is more along the lines of what I was considering peasant clothing and more of what I'm looking for. The Peasant set will work for other things, but not seeing that as a starter set. At least not within my project. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the male versions.

43. Teila

Teila

I like the peasant and the poor outfits. :) Great job.

44. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA F_Zombie 1:

zomb1.png zomb2.png

45. l0cke

l0cke

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey l0cke. For now, the Male zombie 1 would be compatible with any of the UMA MB1 armor refits. You can rearrange the slots in the random set.

Also, you will be able to use the male zombie 2 head in place of the default male. (Same for females).

I'm also working on a grunge/blood decal pack to randomly go over armors, and also a possible diffuse/specular guide for giving them a less of shiny look.

47. Teila

Teila

I love the grunge/blood decal pack. That will be useful for battle hardened warriors too, not just zombies. I find that most "stuff" out there is far to perfect and new looking. I prefer a few dents and rust here and there.

48. Jaimi

Jaimi

Your stuff just keeps getting better. Will you be doing more peasant clothes variations in the future?

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Teila Not sure how customized/specific we can get with it since it's general overlay, but I'll be playing around with it a bit.

@Jaimi I have a few more peasants (male) and some more middle class/upper class that should be up in the near future.

Grunge/ blood test. These are kind of neat because you can just keep piling them on or switching them up, changing colors and so on. This uses 2-4 overlays with color changes (last one is normal):

preview 1.png preview 2.png preview 3.png preview 4.png

50. Deleted User

Deleted User