Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Long Coat update wip:

long coat promo1.png long coat promo3.png

long coat promo2.png

Jaimi and hopeful like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Wip sneak peek of a more feminine type plate that will be added in the future. feminine plate sneak peek.png

gman and Jaimi like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Jaimi likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

hopeful likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cat race is included with RPG starter 3 (pre-order)

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Female Anime Outfit 1 pre-final.

F_Outfit 1 pre-final.png

Firlefanz73, hopeful and Jaimi like this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Asset store RPG starter 1:

Face pack is currently being updated to better UV resolution and wardrobes. The latest Hair pack is yet to be added to the pack.

If you'd like the latest files for those please send an email to will@willbgameart.com and I'll send them over.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2020
  10. hopeful

hopeful

Better UV resolution? You mean a larger part of the texture covered by the face in order to preserve more details?

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes. Exactly. The face specific area has been improved. You'll find a similar resolution on games like Black Desert etc..

hopeful likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

How to add a specific mesh hide asset for a slot:

Slot Hide Mesh example.png

13. Gervais60

Gervais60

Hi

For the pack "Hair pack Vol. 1" are you planning to support URP or what do i need to change to make it work properly for URP

Thanks

14. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Great Job with the anime race Will!
    Really very good looking! Too bad I do not need it right now, but I'll think of it in the future...

But you forgot something: The optional cat ears! And Maybe some more ears and tails like rabbits and more like this :D

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi.

URP needs it's own specific shader. The only available shaders are for purchase. The included
    Albedo and possibly other maps should work with another shader. We are using LUX in another project.

See this tutorial from Secret Anorak on setting up a custom shader:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2020
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi :) Those are a possibility in the near future. Some outfits are currently being done for it, so possibly after that. Should be a sneak peek soon of the new outfits wip.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Face pack update 4 is added to willbgameart.com (Finalized fem face 01):

F_Face 01_2.jpg F_Face 01_1.jpg

F_Face 01_3.jpg

Jaimi likes this.
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Anime Race 1.2.1 added to willbgameart.com and submitted:

Fixed "M_Anime_Eyes_Adjust Overlay" naming conflict

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Face pack vol.1 version 2 has been depreciated.

The SSS shader required Unity legacy image effect which has been depreciated.

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Some Wips of upcoming anime outfits:

Sneak peek.png

Alic and Jaimi like this.
  22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last day of http://willbgameart.com sale

Male Cat race has been submitted.

Priorities: Plate Tier 5 and Female Cat Race (is currently retopoed), some anime clothing/hair and RPG 3 finalization.

Also later on a refit tweak 2.0 to double check and remove any armor part clipping.

Cat Cover image.png

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Female Cat Race pre-final:

Female cat pre-final 2.png

Female cat pre-final.png

Firlefanz73 and Jaimi like this.
  24. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hair shared color will be added in the next Hair pack update. For now this is the set up for the wardrobe recipes:

Add Shared Color, name it "Hair" (Shared color should have the same name as the DCS Avatar ie. Hair, Skin, etc.), select the Use Shared Color box.

upload_2020-8-20_16-59-4.png

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hair pack temporary Hair shift map for LUX URP Essentials (Hasn't been tested. You'll need to play around with the shader slider settings. You can use the Albedo and Normal map included with the pack.

Uncheck sRGB

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2020
  26. Deleted User

Deleted User

Female Face 03:

F_Face 03_4.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2020
    Firlefanz73, hopeful and Jaimi like this.
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Female Cat race status update: Textures are mostly done. Should be added to the pack soon.

28. Jaimi

Jaimi

Would it be possible to make the tabby stripes a separate overlay, so we can apply them separately?

hopeful likes this.
  29. hopeful

hopeful

Stripes, patches, calico ... sounds like they'd all be overlays, right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_coat_genetics

30. hopeful

hopeful

FWIW, I saw the kitty race in the store today and I picked it up.

Thanks, Will! :)

Deleted User likes this.
  31. Deleted User

Deleted User

No prob :)

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

The way that fur grows doesn't really allow for this to be done properly. Lighter fur strands overlap darker fur and they kind of mix. It may be something to check out more later, but for now the fur will have the stripes on it.

Can also just do a separate blank overlay later as well.

33. Alic

Alic

Hey, just playing around with UMA and your Anime base characters for the first time. Love it! Great work on all of your stuff. I'd like to make a request for the base female character. The eyes on the mesh, to my reckoning, are REALLY far apart. The eye distance can be adjusted, but it goes from a normal or slightly wide-eyed character to one with froglike eyes practically on the side of their head. Any chance you could increase the adjustability of the eyes, so we can create some characters with their eyes set closer together?

If you don't have the time to do this, I'll likely end up doing it myself, because I'm really enjoying your UMA work and will probably be using it to generate background NPCs for my current project. Thanks for your time, and all your awesome work!

34. Jaimi

Jaimi

You can edit the DNA to allow more range. Basically, find the DNA Converter by search for "Anime FemaleDNAConverterController". Then under "DNA Converters" in the inspector, find "eyeSpacing". Open that, and under "SkeletonDNAConverters", edit the LeftEye (Position) and RightEye (Position). Modify the "multiplier" values from "-0.01" and "0.01" to something like "-0.02" and "0.02". Adjust as needed.

Deleted User, hopeful and Alic like this.
  35. Alic

Alic

Aha! Thanks for jumping in and explaining that Jaimi. I'm so new to UMA that I didn't realize that could be adjusted just by changing some of the DNAConverter data (I don't know how things are achieved under the hood and thought I might have to edit blend shapes on the original blender file).

Consider this question answered Will, I'll adjust the numbers and get a bit deeper into UMA before I ask too many beginner questions :)

Thanks again Jaimi, and incredible work on UMA!

Deleted User likes this.
  36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hair Pack Vol. 2 concepts:

Hair pack vol 2 concepts.png

Alic, hopeful and Jaimi like this.
  37. Deleted User

Deleted User

Jaimi likes this.
  38. Alic

Alic

Hey Will! The anime models are awesome, and UMA is awesome! Customizing proportions and individual characters with DNA is working great.

There's one weird thing going on with the anime base model, both female and male.

All helmets and hats seem to be much smaller than the actual head, to the point where the helmet models are almost entirely inside the head model. I've tested helmets from your scale armor set and from your leather armor set, they're off by the same amount. Is this true on your end, or is it just something weird I did in setting things up?

If it's not my own user error, are the anime heads just way bigger than the normal UMA model heads? If that's the case, is there any way to keep the heads bigger but do it by scaling them up in a way that makes the helmets also scale up? Otherwise I'd have to go through and resize the skinned mesh of every head slot item, right?

Anyway, wanted to ask here before I start building my own solution, in case I'm doing something dumb. Thanks!

39. Jaimi

Jaimi

You could make a bonepose with a scaled head bone, and apply that to the races dna. Then modify the DNA itself to adjust the head larger. This won't work 100%, though. You might be better off just fitting the helmets to the new race in Blender. Or maybe using Mesh Hide Assets to turn off the parts of the cranium that stick through.

Deleted User and Alic like this.
  40. Alic

Alic

Thanks for the suggestions Jaimi. I've been looking at mesh hide assets, and that's an awesome feature I'll definitely be using on parts of the characters. The problem with the head is that the helmets are so much smaller than the heads that it wouldn't work for most, and even with parts of the head mesh hidden, the helmeted heads would look half or even a quarter the size of a normal head. The proportions are very different.

So using a bonepose could allow me to scale down the base head mesh without scaling down the helmet meshes?

I'll wait to hear from Will if this is something already on the roadmap, but I'll probably end up resizing helmets as I start using them. Just need to find the best workflow for that.

Thanks again, Jaimi!

41. Jaimi

Jaimi

Yeah, to use the bone pose method, you would first need to resize the head and rebuild the head slot. There'd be a lot of tinkering to get it right, and it would never be 100%. I think it best to refit the helmets.

Alic and hopeful like this.
  42. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Alic.

Since The Anime heads are larger meshes the helmets won't fit. They are set up for armor and clothing only since the body shape is similar to the other base meshes. There's no plans on refitting the helmets atm. I would try Jaimi's solution for now.

Alic likes this.
  43. Alic

Alic

Ok, great! It's good to know so I don't feel like I'm wasting a few hours doing unnecessary work. I've figured out a good workflow, so it shouldn't take too long. Thanks for clearing it up, Will!

Deleted User likes this.
  44. Deleted User

Deleted User

hopeful and Jaimi like this.
  45. Jaimi

Jaimi

Deleted User likes this.
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

Unity game render for showing off models.

WB Rend.png

Jaimi likes this.
  47. Deleted User

Deleted User

hopeful, JeffG and Jaimi like this.
  48. Deleted User

Deleted User

Male Base 2.0 update 1.7 added to willbgameart.com:

Re-added mouth uvs, added teeth and tongue to the race recipe.

mouth update.png

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

Male Anime Clothing 01 pre-final:

promopre-final1.png

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Male Elf Face High poly

Male Elf HP prefinal.png