Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by justb, Aug 14, 2014.

1. justb

justb

Site issues are fixed. RPG starter 2 should be available in downloads.

Jaimi likes this.
  2. justb

justb

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    mtornio, hopeful and kenamis like this.
  3. hope81dklee

hope81dklee

Does anybody know How to use "band" in UMA Hair Pack1 ?
    In UMA Hair Pack1, there are band slots. like hair6 and hair6_band
    and I don't know how to use it.
    I think It should work together with hairs. cause some hairs have empty space.

But I have no idea to use it.

anybody knows?

4. justb

justb

Hi. Band is for the hairs that have band parts. ie. Ponytail, long beard etc. There should be a slot and overlay for it. The hair and band can be added to the same recipe.

5. justb

justb

Update on Leather Tier 1-3. Male versions are completed. Female refits are left to do.

6. Enoch

Enoch

So are "UMA RPG starter 1" and "RPG Starter 2" are UMA kits and "MB1 FB1 RPG starter" is the same models as in UMA RPG Starter 1 just not UMA? Can you mix an match stuff between these kits? I assume the UMA starter 1 and UMA starter 2 are fully compatible between each other? And that both of those are fully compatible with UMA 2.0 and any assets designed for it (as UMA 2 has backward compatibility I can not see are reason why they wouldn't be)?

Also I have never fully understood the concept of a "refit" but I see it on your asset offerings all the time. Thanks for any info you can provide.

7. justb

justb

UMA RPG Starter 1, and RPG Starter 3 per-order files are back up on willbgameart.com.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. justb

justb

Hi.

MB1 FB1 are for standalone characters or already existing avatar creators. They use a different base mesh. MB1 FB1 was created before the UMA versions of the armors, so the UMA versions became refits of them.

Yes. Everything in RPG starter 1 and 2 are compatible with each other and can be swapped for MMO/RPG style games. The slot list is in the description ie. Hands, Legs, Torso, Feet, etc can be swapped between sets. (Some long shirts might clip with some lower plate armor).

Yes. They are compatible with UMA 2. Wardrobe recipes are included in the packs. They can use the default UMA bases or Male base 2.0 and Fem base 2.0.

Enoch and Duffer123 like this.
  9. hope81dklee

hope81dklee

Thank you! I'll try it!

10. hopeful

hopeful

justb likes this.
  11. ogtracy

ogtracy

Hey, @hopeful, did the pack work for you?

I want to get RPG starter pack 2, but I like to get the free packages first to make sure everything works fine. So I got the Fem Sci Suit 1 from the unity asset store and tried the demo scene. The error says "UMAResourceNotFoundException: SlotLibrary: Unable to find: FemaleEyes".

I see that it might just not be compatible with Uma 2, but I need to know that I won't be beating my head against the wall before I spend $150.

12. ogtracy

ogtracy

Anyway, I got the wrapped pants asset and was able to get it working even though the demo scene was broken too, so I'll go ahead and buy the pack.

As a bonus, this has led to the discovery that changing the race of my character at runtime makes the talking animation on it start working, so there you go.

13. hopeful

hopeful

No, I haven't opened the Sci-Fi Clothing Pack yet. But Fem Suit 1 isn't really part of it. IIRC, Fem Suit 1 is actually an old MBFB model that was adapted to UMA about five years ago, as kind of a test, when @justb was first getting started with UMA. So I wouldn't be shocked if there was a little old, un-updated stuff in there. UMA has put out a lot of updates in the last few years.

As for that error, it sounds like the sort of thing you might be able to fix on your own once you get a better feel for the UMA system.

BTW, since it looks like you're just getting started with UMA ... welcome! UMA is one of the best plugins for Unity, I think, and it's wonderful that it is free. But it can take a while to get up to speed on it. Be sure to watch the videos made by @SecretAnorak . He's done super job. :)

kenamis and justb like this.
  14. justb

justb

Hi. Fem Sci suit 1 is as hopeful said (an old asset). It was made for UMA 4.3 or earlier.

Anything that says this in the Releases section has recently been updated in the past months :

Organized folders , tested version conflicts and conformed to HSTLHF set up (Head, Shoulders, Torso, Legs, Hands, Feet)

RPG starter 1 and 2 are also in the process of being updated. The one on my site has the most recent files in it:

https://willbgameart.com/product/uma-rpg-starter-pack/

https://willbgameart.com/product/uma-rpg-starter-2-pre-order/

Demo scene is probably from an earlier version of UMA. I'm not including demo scenes with assets now because they might not work from one Unity version to the next, but work with new UMA scenes.

releases.png

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    kenamis likes this.
  15. justb

justb

Last day for the sale. (Price may change later today or tomorrow)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  16. justb

justb

Monk Tier 3 concept:

UMA Monk Tier 3.png

malkere and kenamis like this.
  17. justb

justb

Monk Tier 3 Wip Start:

ScreenHunter 255.png ScreenHunter 256.png

treshold likes this.
  18. justb

justb

Jaimi, treshold and hopeful like this.
  19. justb

justb

Leather Tier 1-3 is submitted

20. justb

justb

UMA Face Pack Vol.1 Version 2 update 1.1 added to site and submitted:

Checked version conflicts, Organized files and tested with UMA Race Updater

21. justb

justb

Fem Base 1 UMA wip

upload_2019-4-11_13-50-49.png

upload_2019-4-11_13-58-39.png

Set up a script to make the transfer process a bit faster.

Base has been given more resolution. For now they will most likely be included with RPG starter. Currently textures are not modular.

22. magique

magique

I am trying to get the Face Pack to work and the help is just not enough. I followed the help images to add Orc Fangs Slot and Orc Overlay to the DynamicSlotLibrary and DynamicOverlayLibrary under UMA_DCS. Then I was a bit fuzzy on the next step. I have the UMA Mage Tier 2 asset and I duplicated the FemaleMageTier2_Head recipe and modified it to have the Orc Fangs and Orc Face, but it didn't change anything. So I'm a bit lost. here is what the recipe looks like with the Orc Slot/Overlay applied:

upload_2019-4-27_15-34-3.png

I have no idea what I might have done wrong.

[EDIT]
    I figured it out. I had to actually go in at runtime and increase the Mandible size for the teeth to appear.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  23. magique

magique

Now I can't seem to get the Elf Ears to look right. When I create the Recipe for them and apply them, I get a strange flat looking ear that is on top of the regular ears.

upload_2019-4-27_17-4-40.png

Here is my recipe:

upload_2019-4-27_17-5-49.png

24. justb

justb

Hey. There's a shared texture/overlay in the male folder for the fangs. Should be named Orc teeth or Orc fangs. Currently you only have the fangs and mouth in your first recipe.

upload_2019-4-29_12-52-48.png

For the face shapes you need to load the generated.asset recipe via the UMA menu (/Load/Generated.asset) since they use the UMA DNA to modify the shape of the face. There should be a generated folder for each face.

upload_2019-4-29_12-54-34.png

You can also use the Race updater. I haven't really used it yet, but it's supposed to simplify the process.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    magique likes this.
  25. justb

justb

26. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Hello Will, I recently purchased your Starter Pack 2, and I'll be getting 1 and 3 soon as well.

I already got most of your models working on my project, but there are a few outfits in the pack that seem to not work. Northern Leather set has no wardrobe textrecipes, and Dwarf Armor wardrobe recipes show an error on inspector, "UMAResourceNotFoundException: dSlotLibrary (211): Unable to find: F_Dwarf Tier 1 Helmet", and can't be used. I am using the downloadable packages from your website.

27. justb

justb

Hi David.

The pack is still being updated to the latest version. Send an email to will@willbgameart.com and I'll send you a coupon for the latest files on the site.

Wardrobe files are also available there.

https://willbgameart.com/product/uma-rpg-starter-2-wardrobe-files/

28. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Thanks, I purchased on your website and got the files from there, I just emailed you.

I already installed those.

29. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

since that one is cleared up via email, here is another newbie question.

I purchased F_Base and everything seems to be work out of the box, except for the hair. Helm wardrobe recipes don't seem to hide the F_Base hair, which seems to be on a different slot. In the drop-down list of the "Supress Wardrobe" property, I don't see any new hair slots listed. How does hair work with F_Base? Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  30. justb

justb

Hey. For Fem Base 2.0 that might be in the Race Data Recipe (Race Data folder). Find the recipe and remove the hair from there. They should show as expected after that. I'll add it as a separate Recipe in the future.

31. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

UMA sale?

32. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

thanks! I still have much to learn about UMA structure it seems.

33. Nightkin99

Nightkin99

Hello, I bought the Female Base 2 package not long ago and it looks very good... but a little too low definition for my needs. For example, the feet have no actual toes (they are like merged together), the gluteus and the shoulders are blocky and the eyes move in strange ways, as if the whole eye sockets were moving with them when the character looks at an angle. It seems this character is made to be looked at from a distance, but if you get the camera too close the highest LoD is not enough.

Is there any plan to make a higher definition version of this character in the future? If you compare it to an o3n character, for example, you will see the differences right away. The o3n characters are much more defined, everything is smooth, but I like the look of the Female Base 2 much better.

Thank you.

34. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I think a few of the older clothes are not fully compatible with F_Base 2, or at least I don't know how to make them work right even using a custom mesh hider.

Female Upperclass 1 and Female Barmaid 1&2 show skin overlapping over the clothes; using a custom mesh hider solves most of the problem, but not entirely since the triangles around the neckline don't match the shape of the dress neck and it's impossible (for me) to cut the mesh so it adjusts.

It is not important, I know it's just a couple models out of dozens, but I post it here in case you didn't know.

Question: I was considering purchasing your Barbarian Set, not included in any of the packs, and I wonder if it'll have the same issues if I use it with F_Base.

Also I don't know if it's a mistake or intentional, but the shirts pack in Starter Pack 2 & 3 seems to be identical.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  35. justb

justb

No plans as of right now, but probably later. I'm currently busy with work and contracts plus focused on completing RPG starter 3 armor sets. The textures are 2048 x 2048 which is fine for most MMOs/RPGs I think. The toes were kept together mostly for time restriction purposes and polycount. This is fairly common in MMOs that don't really show the feet up close.

These bases were quickly done to replace the default UMA base and give another option. The UVs are the same as the Default and they work with the existing armor, outfits and the current face pack.

36. justb

justb

-The pack should include slots for the body pieces. (ie. Fem upperclass 1 Neck). This slot should fit the Fem base 2.0 head. You can also use UMA Hide Polygons function.

The Armors/outfits were made for the default base, so Fem base 2.0 was made to fit with it.

For barbarian, for now, you'll have to use the default Base body with the Male/Fem base 2.0 Head Slot and 2.0 Body textures.

-Shirt Pack might be an upload error. Will have a look.

37. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Thanks! So if I understand well I need the wardrobe recipe to hide the F_Base2 torso & arms, and instead show the neck slot you mention, or the regular UMA torso for the barbarians. I know how to hide the torso (Hide Base Slot property) , but how do I show the replacement body slot?

Another question, do your UMA faces & hair pack work well with MB2 and FB2?

38. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

A couple small errors detected on latest Plate pack, hope this helps.

There are also small errors in the boots but I accidentally got my screenshot deleted...

39. justb

justb

That is correct. Upperclass fem 1 should have a neck slot that is in the wardrobe recipe for the top. If not there you can just place it in the wardrobe recipe with the body overlay.

There is no MB2 FB2 :). Only MB1 FB1 which is not for UMA. That's a standalone pack for other avatar creators or standalone chars.

For the Barbarian Torso/ Legs you can use the UMA default body for now until it's updated.

40. justb

justb

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look at when time permits.

41. justb

justb

Summer Sale 50% site wide on willbgameart.com

Use coupon code: WBSummerSale50%

Good until June 18th

Also 50% off selected Asset store packs. Look for Summer Sale 50% off in the asset description. Should be up in a couple days.

upload_2019-6-3_9-33-53.png

hopeful and SickaGamer like this.
  42. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Which of your UMA assets are plug and play for UMA 2.8? Looking at races and outfits.

43. justb

justb

Anything that says this in the Releases section has recently been updated in the past months :

Organized folders , tested version conflicts and conformed to HSTLHF set up (Head, Shoulders, Torso, Legs, Hands, Feet)

UMA isn't really Plug and Play and may still require a few things to set up. The UMA 2.8 update doesn't effect previous assets. RPG starters and most of the asset are compatible.

The latest files for RPG starter pack 1 and 2 can be found on willbgameart.com.

https://willbgameart.com/product/uma-rpg-starter-pack/

If you run into an issue feel free to send a support email to will@willbgameart.com

(If relevant, please add screenshots of console, scene or inspector tab when emailing )

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  44. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

I see. The few things that I do have are install the package, view the DCS and add items to the slots. Most of the times there are no recipes or slots to mess with.

45. justb

justb

RPG Starter 2 Shirt pack upload is fixed. Should be back to Shirtpack1_1.1

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  46. justb

justb

Do you mean "Add items to the the DCS avatar"?

The ones that I mentioned above have been updated to DCS and include the wardrobe files. Also any of the more recent assets including Plate Tier 1-3 and Leather Tier 1-3 etc.

Wardrobe files for RPG 1 and 2 are also available on willbgameart.com (wardobe files only use slots and overlays)

Between work, contracts and RPG packs, I'm updating things as I go. Most assets are compatible, or compatible with minor tweaks.

If you'd like access to any of the most recent files let me know, and I'll add them to your willbgameart.com account.

will@willbgameart.com

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  47. justb

justb

UMA Face pack Vol. 1 Version 2 has an issue with the the required Generated.assets for DNA. Having a look now.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    DavidBVal and SickaGamer like this.
  48. justb

justb

UMA Face Pack update 1.4 Set up video:

49. justb

justb

UMA Face Pack Vol.1 _1.4 update added to willbgameart.com (standalone and RPG starter 1) plus submitted

-Organized Folders
    -Added Race Data
    -Included Body retexture files

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  50. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Do have to match up the new characters with the wardrobes? I can't see to get F_ or M_ faces to work with the standard recipes?