Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fem Ranger body parts (includes slot):

Attached Files:

Teila likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Leather Tier 1 Shirt High Poly Wip:

ScreenHunter 143.png

Jaimi likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Teila likes this.
  4. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

How long will the preorder run?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi. It should be up for the next few months atleast while the rest of the armors are completed. I can't give a specific date, but work on it is mostly part time, so it should be a little while.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey. Just a quick update:

We are currently updating all of the packs on the store to ensure everything is working properly with the latest Unity and UMA including DCS and wardrobe recipes.

All of the armors will eventually be converted to:

Head
    Shoulders
    Torso
    Hands
    Legs
    Feet

For simplicity and consistency it will most likely be via wardrobe recipes.

Anything that isn't PBR will eventually get a PBR conversion.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
    kenamis and malkere like this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Wanderer refit update added to site individual set, RPG Starter, and submitted:

Version 1.5

Unity 5.6 plus UMA 2.7

-Organized folders , tested version conflicts and conformed to Head, Shoulders, Torso, Hands, Legs, Feet (HSTLHF) set up.

Jaimi likes this.
  9. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

Is that conversion change to any mesh? Or just "renaming" parts?

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Renaming parts and adding to the correct wardrobe recipes. No mesh change.

11. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

I've been using the old face pack/body retexture stuff for a while.

Recently I upgraded to UMA 2.7 and I figured I would upgrade to v2 of the face pack since that had the SSS textures/overlays I could mess around with.

Importing v2 into a fresh project with UMA 2.7, the PBR overlays, at least for the male face, are all messed up. I didn't bother checking anything else. I assume you just duplicated the old face pack to create v2, but you never fixed the overlay references. They still reference the original face pack's texture guids. So if you import face pack v2 (without the previous face pack already installed), all of the PBR overlays have null references for the textures. In addition a number of overlays reference the SSS material in the PBR folder. Honestly the entire thing is a mess and I will have to revert all of this. This isn't a big deal - just wanted to let you know.

In reality it looks like nothing about version 2 has changed from the first face pack beyond the fact there are now SSS overlays/textures included Is this correct?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

Version 2 also uses Fast Fake Skin shader. In the pack the overlays and slots should have a new material which is assigned the FFS shader.

It also has new normal maps and SSS maps. You don't need to have the face pack v 1 installed. It also contains the Legacy and Legacy PBR version textures.

Fast Fake Skin shader is mentioned in the description as a requirement.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/fast-fake-skin-42535

From the asset page (Not used):

ScreenHunter 186.png

upload_2018-4-26_14-55-20.png

Texture Suffix for FFS Shader textures (ASSS, N1, SkinMask)

ScreenHunter 188.png

All of the proper textures should be assigned to the overlays. If not, this is an UMA and Unity issue (Thanks again for that Unity and UMA)

It will be updated soon with the rest of the asset to ensure it's working.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2018
  13. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

If you want to reproduce this, simply import face pack v2 into a project with core UMA. There is a PBR and a SSS folder. All of the PBR overlays will have null textures specified, because I assume they reference the guids from the original face pack. If you import the original face pack I'm sure they will be valid again, as the assets with those guids will be in the project.

If you intended this pack to be purely SSS, then I recommend removing the PBR folder and change the asset store description. Keep in mind that since some of the SSS overlays reference textures in the PBR folder, this would need to be fixed. Otherwise I recommend fixing the fact that none of the PBR overlays are setup correctly. If you decide to fix the PBR overlays, I would also fix the material in the overlay for male face 1 since it uses the SSS material.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Which textures do the SSS materials reference? The material itself only needs textures if you have a gpu rendering issue. Otherwise they can be left blank.

There are also new slots included which are assigned the SSS material as well.

I'll just upload it with the SSS folder only when it's updated. The PBR and Legacy folders will be zipped. Should solve it.

Everything will be getting an update btw. So if something is currently not working it's just a matter of time before it gets fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2018
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the heads up btw. Any import or set up errors you have and post make the process faster on our end as we update.

16. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

If I were you, I would keep the PBR stuff in there. I would throw your body rextexture stuff in there for the PBR stuff since I assume that is still required with these faces - you cannot use them with the default UMA body texture I assume because the color tinting doesn't match - I assume this is still correct?. And then fix the PBR overlays and you are golden.

The PBR stuff is still useful because while the SSS stuff is cool, it has a fairly high negative drawback as none of the overlays a user might have for the skin will work anymore without rework. So having the PBR option is good.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

PBR stuff is not required :) Body retexture is also not required. Currently the SSS has a new body texture for the SSS. You can find it in the folders. Anything that is missing will get added to the SSS folders.

The whole point of vol.1 version 2 is the SSS. Otherwise just use the vol.1. It was an update I made to upgrade the face pack. It was more work then expected so I decided to sell it as a separate pack.

There is also an upgrade from vol.1 to vol.1 version 2 for 15.00

18. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

If you intend version 2 to be an additive upgrade to version 1, then I suggest just including the SSS stuff in version 2 and remove the PBR folder you include with it with the PBR overlays and remove the "PBR versions" from the description that certainly implies there are PBR analogs included. And probably include a link to volume 1 noting to go there if they are looking for PBR analogs.

If you intend people who want PBR to "just use the vol 1" then I would either change the description in volume 1 to say "requires body retexture, get it off my personal website here" or un-deprecate the body retexture asset that description says it requires. Or just include the PBR body retexture in the face pack for volume 1 which would make the most sense since it never made much sense anyway to separate them.

Another example: you have "UMA Hair Pack 1" which I integrated a long time ago. But you also have "MB1 FB1 Hair Pack Volume 1" which looks like it contains the exact same hair. What's the difference? Why are they two different assets?

I'm not being contentious here - I will add that I find your stuff very impressive and it has improved even more over the last year or two. I'm just saying what makes sense from a consumer's standpoint.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Deleted User likes this.
  19. Deleted User

Deleted User

MB1 FB1 are standalone packs for avatar creators that devs already built or if they just want the standalone characters with that base mesh. The armors are not modular textures like UMA, but full size maps. Anything for UMA will have UMA in the title ie. "UMA Hair pack 1". Currently my focus on any new content is for UMA only as my time is limited. MB1 FB1 was created prior to UMA content, so you will notice MB1 FB1 "refits" in some of the UMA titles and descriptions.

20. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

Ah, yes, I am an idiot. I knew you did this but I forgot. Oddly, it does show up in an asset store search "UMA hair" on the first page.

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Leather High Poly update:

leathupdate.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2018
    malkere and hopeful like this.
  22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User

Leather Tier 1-3 Low poly wip:

wire wip.png

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

Face Pack Vol. 1 Version 2 is updated, but currently delayed. (Waiting for the new Race updater script to be included with UMA). Makes it quick to change the material on the races.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Warlock 1.1 update added to Site (Single set/RPG starter 2) and submitted

Tweaked shoulder, Organized folders , tested version conflicts, added blend files and conformed to HSTLHF set up.

http://willbgameart.com/product/uma-warlock-set/

26. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Leather 1.2, Bandit 1.1, and Ranger 1.5.1 update added to site:

-Organized folders , added Blend, tested version conflicts and conformed to HSTLHF set up.

27. malkere

malkere

Looks like some of the models in the 2 starter packs ("MB1 FB1 RPG" vs "UMA RPG") are different, but some are the same?

Also, for the starter pack 1 cleric, there is no female gloves wardrobe recipe. Is that just a missing wardrobe recipe and I can make one with the content, or can I use the male gloves?

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Malkere. MB1 FB1 is for devs who have existing avatar systems and just need the models or for standalone characters. UMA is for Unity Multipurpose Avatar. They are the same besides the Dwarf armor in the MB1 FB1. I believe the UMA version also contains the latest female cleric. RPG starter 2 and 3 pre-order contain different ones.

Anything for UMA will have "UMA" in the title. They can also be used as standalone FBX if needed.

http://willbgameart.com/product/uma-rpg-starter-3-pre-order/

http://willbgameart.com/?p=733

Fem Cleric in the starter pack doesn't have gloves I believe.

Yes. All the items in the 3 packs are compatible/swappable with each other (minus a few long shirts and lower plate armor). Any gloves from other assets will work. The description will mention "compatible with MB1 FB1 refits". Earlier MB1 FB1 versions were made prior to the UMA refit versions so it's worded like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
    malkere likes this.
  29. malkere

malkere

Thank you for the reply.
    So I could create a female wardrobe set for the bard set and it would work? They're all interchangable?

30. Teila

Teila

Are you asking if the MB1 or FB1 non-UMA packs would work on UMA? No, they will not...unless Will has done something to make that work and I do not think he has. His response above was confusing though so not sure.

If you are asking if you can go into Blender or whatever and create your own clothing items, yes you can. However, you will need to learn how to set those up in UMA. Justb's clothing items are models he made and set up in UMA. You can do that too if you learn how.

If you are asking if your own items will work with Justb's items, yes, they will. However, you will need to model the meshes to fit with other items. So if you make a long tunic to use with one of the pants from Justb's packs, you will need to make sure it is created so the pants do not bleed through the tunic. It will have to be rigged and skinned to work with other items....and tested with animations. :)

TeagansDad likes this.
  31. malkere

malkere

Hi Teila =D
    I'm sorry for the confusing question. There is a "Bard" set of clothing in one of the packs I own, but only for male, or rather, the wardrode recipes (I use the DCS global wardrobe) only exist for male. I was curious if I can just duplicate the male recipes, replace the race/slot settings and use the same models on female? I did some of that with the wolf armor and cleric armor and it seems to be working fine.

32. Teila

Teila

You could try, but they might look weird. If it worked with the armor, it should work for any of Will's clothing packs. They will look like women faces with a male body though as the clothing meshes will replace the female body parts. You may have problems at the neck and wrists.

malkere likes this.
  33. l0cke

l0cke

It will not work properly. Female is different mesh than male. So there will be seams between male and female parts and wierd body proportions.

malkere likes this.
  34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Malkere. There's currently no Female Bard. It was made just for the male at the time. Will be looking into a refit for the female in the near future.

There should be 2 of everything (female and male). The meshes for both are different. The female version is fit to the female base mesh. You might be able to get away with only swapping races if you don't mind the shape staying the same as the male. However; they weren't tested that way so I can't guarantee they will work. :)

It would most likely conflict with existing female clothing/armor.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
    malkere likes this.
  35. malkere

malkere

Ok thank you =]
    Wasn't sure if it was mostly bone morph, or actual mesh differences between the races.

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

37. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

Is the UMA Chainmail going into the rpg starter 3 set? I didn't see it in the list.

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey. That's actually part of the RPG starter 1. RPG 3 will have some new sets. Most will be tiered from 1-3 ie. Leather Tier 1-3 etc

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
  39. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

Will the preorder for rpg3 be on the asset store at the preorder price at all or will it go straight to full price?

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

Pre-order is site only. Otherwise Unity takes 30% on top of the discount price. Files also get added to the downloads on the site as it progresses, so in your downloads you would have the individual files for the pack until it's completion.

Once it's finalized a full pack would be created and uploaded to the store.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2018
  41. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Cleric refit set 1.4 added to Site (Single set/RPG starter) and submitted:

-Organized folders , added Blend, tested version conflicts and conformed to HSTLHF set up

-Uses Mesh Hide Assets, instead of the extra arm slots

Link:
    http://willbgameart.com/product/uma-cleric-refit-set/

screen-big-updateCleric.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2018
    Teila likes this.
  42. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Mithril and UMA Steel armor added to site (Single set/RPG starter 2):

-Organized folders , tested version conflicts and conformed to HSTLHF set up

Ramsdal and malkere like this.
  43. Deleted User

Deleted User

kenamis likes this.
  44. Deleted User

Deleted User

Plate Tier 1-3 1.0 added to site and submitted:

Updated Wardrobe recipes and organized folders.

promo.png lpwire.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2018
  45. Deleted User

Deleted User

Leather Tier 1-3 Low poly Wip:

ScreenHunter 467.png

46. Deleted User

Deleted User

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Mage 2 1.1 added to site (Single set/RPG starter 2) plus submitted:

-Tweaked M_Hood weighting, Organized folders , added Blend, tested version conflicts and conformed to HSTLHF set up

http://willbgameart.com/product/uma-mage-2/

48. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Sci clothing Pack Vol. 1_1.1 added to site and submitted:

-Fixed Outfit 6 Glove clipping and added Outfit 6 F_gloves
    -Organized folders , tested version conflicts and conformed to HSTLHF set up
    -Uses Mesh Hide Assets

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

Leather Tier 1-3 Textures Pre-final:

lt1-3bk.png lt1-3fr.png

Ramsdal, LukeDawn and kenamis like this.
  50. hungrybelome

hungrybelome