Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Mage Tier 2 Low poly pre-final:

ScreenHunter_3097 Aug. 08 12.31.png ScreenHunter_3098 Aug. 08 12.31.png

Teila and TeagansDad like this.
  2. Arcanor

Arcanor

Hi Will. Thanks again for doing all that you do to make these wonderful assets available to us for a fraction of the cost it would be to commission them individually. I previously purchased your UMA RPG Starter, and this morning purchased your UMA RPG Starter 2. It looks fantastic!

However, I noticed a small bug in your included "ToggleRace" script that I don't see reported here in this thread, so I thought I'd mention it, along with the fix.

When I load up a new project with UMA 2, plus your RPG Starter and RPG Starter 2, I get some errors:
    • Assets/UMA/Content/UMA RPG Starter 2/ToggleRace.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UMACharacterSystem' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    • Assets/UMA/Content/UMA RPG Starter 2/ToggleRace.cs(9,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DynamicCharacterAvatar' could not be found. Are you missing `UMA.CharacterSystem' using directive?
    The problem here is that you are misspelling a namespace in your class file. On line 5, this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UMACharacterSystem;
    should instead be this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UMA.CharacterSystem;
    I hope this may help someone in the future.

3. Teila

Teila

@Arcanor, I am guessing these are UMA errors. Are you using the latest from the Github?

I am at this very moment working with UMA and all of Will's packs that I own and having no issues.

Also, could be an asset store import issue as my Starter Pack 2 is from his store.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Spoke w

Hey Arcanor.

There was a script included with it at that time Quote: "because the change sex wasn't fixed then"

Fix will be posted soon.

5. kenamis

kenamis

Hi, yea that is my fault. When I helped Will set up that pack I created that script because the change sex button wasn't working then. That was in uma version 2.5 where that namespace was still named "UMACharacterSystem" and changing it to "UMA.CharacterSystem" is indeed the correct fix. Thanks for letting me know.

Arcanor and Deleted User like this.
  6. Arcanor

Arcanor

Okay, well, I already have the fix here, so I am not looking for support. I was only here to provide support to others who may notice it when downloading the new asset pack from the asset store. Glad you guys got it all sorted. :)

Deleted User likes this.
  7. Arcanor

Arcanor

I did not grab UMA from github, but I will go ahead and do that now, since the documentation is referencing something called the AssetIndexer, which doesn't seem to exist. Hopefully that'll clear it up. Thanks for the tip!

Teila likes this.
  8. Teila

Teila

@justb I am having trouble with the bandit from the Starter 2 pack. I do not have an overlay for his arms but in the picture on the store, it shoes the bandit having chainmail arms. I would like to have those. I tried using the upper as the overlay but that did not work at all. Is something missing?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Shoot me an email and I'll send it over. You might have a previous version.

10. l0cke

l0cke

Maybe it is stupid idea, but what about putting all big packs to some version control system too (rpg starter 1+2)? And give access to buyers intead of zip download? This project is quite complex a honestly I am lost in what is latest version, if I have latest version etc. In version control system it would be quite easy to check, if I have latest version of that file (texture/mesh) and it would be easy to udpate...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User

You probably purchased on the website. You can see the version in the description or below it.

I've yet to update RPG starter 2. It was going to be pre-final, (as in unfinished until the face pack is done), but I'm going to call it final for now.

Time is limited and I'll get to it when I can. It should be updated to the latest package on the site soon.

upload_2017-8-9_10-21-11.png

12. Teila

Teila

Thanks. Everything else seems to work fine other than a few missing materials, but that is easy to fix. :)

13. Deleted User

Deleted User

M_F Northern Leather Wardrobe recipes:

Attached Files:

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Mage Tier 2 Textures prefinal:

ScreenHunter_3204 Aug. 18 15.27.png

TeagansDad, Jaimi and mons00n like this.
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA cape pack wip:

capes 1.png capes 2.png capes 3.png ScreenHunter_3219 Aug. 20 12.54.png ScreenHunter_3220 Aug. 20 12.54.png

mons00n, Teila, Jaimi and 2 others like this.
  16. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Cool, Capes :)
    Will they be included in the RPG Starter 1 still? Or can be separatly bought?

By the way: I would like to have a mage hat. Not only the Hoods which all look the same...
    Something like this would be great:

Only a Suggestion / idea of Course :)

Deleted User likes this.
  17. l0cke

l0cke

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Bones for now, however; the topology is in quads and the capes are flat to accommodate physics.

wire.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
    Firlefanz73 likes this.
  19. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hey Will,

and what I am missing for my game would be a king with a crown or two. You have so much medival stuff, there Needs to be a king! Or a set with King and Queen would be even better :)

Teila likes this.
  20. runningbird

runningbird

What about a King, Queen, Prince, Princess, etc?

21. l0cke

l0cke

Actually bones are fine. I can use bones and in case of stronger HW on player side switch to physics via code.

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yes. A Cool looking King/Queen would be great. I'll keep it mind for later. (A crown only is pretty simple to do.)

In the short term, the next things getting completed are:

Male base, Mage Tier 2, Shirt pack 2, and Cape pack (plus any fixes that were mentioned etc).

Teila likes this.
  23. l0cke

l0cke

So you will prepare all bodyparts (hips, neck, arms...) for sets like fighter, ranger, some dress, etc to standard uma base texture? That would be great.

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

RPG starter 2 (willbgameart) has been updated to 1.0. It includes the wardrobe files for all sets and a couple of tweaks.

Change UMACharacterSystem to "UMA.CharacterSystem" for the toggle race error

I've kept the old files there for reference. RPG starter 2_1.0 download should be the first 2 files.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
    TeagansDad likes this.
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2017
  26. l0cke

l0cke

Would be possible to tell, which meshes were updated? We are generating LODs for all meshes and doing other operations (many hours of work) and I dont want to remake everything.

Btw, are you planning some mascular female?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Nothing was really updated. Just the Bandit armor and wardrobe files were added.

Yes. Female will be done eventually. It won't be very muscular, but an update from the current female. I named it "strong" because I needed a name for the asset.

TeagansDad and Teila like this.
  28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi Guys.

I'm currently having an issue with the site. The back up file was a bit old. I'm contacting the servers now to see if they do weekly or monthly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will keep you updated.

29. Teila

Teila

Hey Will, I received a receipt for a purchase today but I did not buy anything. I went to the site page and I see the order, but I have no idea what it was for. There is no information there to tell me either in the email or on the site.

Is your site compromised? If so, what do I need to do? I cannot find anything I bought from you recently on your site but if you find something, please let me know.

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ok Guys.

No. It's not compromised. I had an issue updating something yesterday and my site back up/restore was a little old. I had to restore the missing accounts/downloads. The order/price is just for reference.

Teila likes this.
  31. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ok Guys. Everything is updated on the site. All the accounts/downloads should be restored. Please let me know if anything is missing:

will@willbgameart.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2017
  32. Teila

Teila

lol

Okay, I just spent an hour pouring through all my emails, paypal, credit cards to see if something was charged to me that I did not know about.

Glad it is nothing and glad the site is okay. :)

33. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep. You should now have your previous purchased items in your downloads.

I'll be doing more frequent backups to avoid this issue in the future.

Teila likes this.
  34. Deleted User

Deleted User

RPG Starter 2_1.0 is re-added to site

TeagansDad likes this.
  35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hey.. Wait a minute.. I bought 3 of everything and they aren't there!!!

KIDDING! I definitely would if I could, though!

Glad to hear you got everything sorted. Having to deal with that kind of stuff when you could be being creative kinda sucks. Been there done that.. Hopefully it wasn't too painful of a process. ( And thanks for reminding me that I need to backup my site. lol I need to set the automatic backups up again I guess. heheh )

Keep up the awesome work! Love the look of the capes you have in progress! Looks like you've added a lot of awesome new stuff since I've been MIA... :)

Deleted User likes this.
  36. Deleted User

Deleted User

M_Mage Tier 2 Rigging is finalized:

ScreenHunter_3334 Sep. 03 18.47.png

Jaimi and TeagansDad like this.
  37. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
    Teila likes this.
  38. Deleted User

Deleted User

Uma Male base 2.0 is submitted.

Test Video:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
    BackwoodsGaming and hopeful like this.
  39. Deleted User

Deleted User

New Armor setup (Example Sketch). Will hopefully allow more armor Tiers to get done, and a bit more content. Groups of Tier 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9 etc

Plate tiers example.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  40. virror

virror

Looks great, love to see more of the realistic style of armor.

TeagansDad likes this.
  41. Deleted User

Deleted User

That's actually just a sketch for the set up (reference). It won't be that specific armor. Most newer armors will have this kind of Tier set up. ( I did it up for another game, but decided to use the workflow for RPG UMA as well.)

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

43. virror

virror

Ahh, ok. I liked that sketch : D

Deleted User likes this.
  44. Deleted User

Deleted User

Most of the more fantasy type armor were previous non-exclusive contracts. I prefer the more realistic looking stuff as well, so there might be some more of this type.

BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  45. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Fem base 2.0 High poly pre-final:

ScreenHunter_3400 Sep. 11 17.09.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

47. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Fem Base 2.0 low poly normals pre-final:

ScreenHunter_3442 Sep. 13 20.41.png ScreenHunter_3445 Sep. 13 20.55.png ScreenHunter_3443 Sep. 13 20.54.png ScreenHunter_3444 Sep. 13 20.55.png

TeagansDad and Killersan like this.
  48. Deleted User

Deleted User

49. Teila

Teila

Looks nice!!

Deleted User likes this.
  50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017