Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ok Guys. Starting at Pantheon tomorrow full time. If you have any issues or questions there might be a bit of a wait and I'll most likely get to them on the weekends.

Please send support queries to my email:

willbartwork@gmail.com

cwmanley and hopeful like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA RPG starter 2 is submitted. DCS ready scene and items. (will be uploaded to site soon).

ScreenHunter_2735 May. 02 17.14.png

Teila and TeagansDad like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Had some time this morning. Shirt pack 2 shirt 1_1 final texture:

ScreenHunter_2737 May. 05 12.14.png ScreenHunter_2738 May. 05 12.14.png

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
    Jaimi, Teila and TeagansDad like this.
  4. virror

virror

Amazing as usual!

TeagansDad likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  6. hopeful

hopeful

Thank you so much, Will! :)

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Shirt pack 2 Shirt 2:

ScreenHunter_2789 May. 20 17.39.png ScreenHunter_2790 May. 20 17.40.png

8. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Well I finally finished this nonsense: https://bitbucket.org/tcarroll777/uma-rpg-starter-kit-wardrobe-files

Those are the DCS wardrobe files for pretty much everything in the UMA RPG Starter Kit. So many hours of clicking and dragging o_O. Finished just in time for them to add a new high poly body in UMA 2.6 that renames all the main slots and invalidates the whole thing! Yayyyy. :confused:

Deleted User, hopeful and TeagansDad like this.
  9. hopeful

hopeful

I wonder if your wardrobe could be updated with the new naming via script?

10. virror

virror

@makeshiftwings it should still work with the regular body? what exactly happened in 2.6 that invalidated it?

11. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

They added a new section called "backwards compatibility" to the race definition where you can put which new slots are the same as which old slots, and it seems like that makes it work correctly but I haven't done much testing.

12. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

The new high poly body has differently named slots, so unless you fill out the backwards compatibility thing I just mentioned, you'd need to go and manually add it and the newly named slots to all the wardrobe recipes so it knows what to replace and where to put overlays.

13. virror

virror

Right, so its just for the high poly it wont work then, The backwards compatibility should work for that. And that should ship already filled in for those slots.

14. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Yeah the original body works fine. The new bodies didn't have any backwards compatibility stuff filled out when I downloaded 2.6 a few days ago but maybe that's fixed now? Also some of the eyebrows and beards don't seem to work correctly with the new faces but I'm not sure if that's just something I messed up. >_>

15. Jaimi

Jaimi

Thanks for providing these - very helpful!

makeshiftwings and hopeful like this.
  16. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Eh it's not that bad, I may have overreacted. ;) I'm trying out the "backwards compatibility" thing now and it seems to work pretty easily; you just need to fill out a couple of fields on the race definition, which is much faster than setting up all the wardrobe recipes.

hopeful and Teila like this.
  17. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

I made a copy of the female high poly race def and added this to it, and it looks like it works with all the wardrobe slots:

upload_2017-5-23_10-7-44.png

I have to say adding that cross compatibility ability to UMA along with the new high poly body was definitely a good idea... if that wasn't there, I just might have jumped out of a window. ;)

Deleted User, hopeful and Teila like this.
  18. Jaimi

Jaimi

Wow, that is really good stuff. I like the way the shirts look well-used. Can't wait for this to be completed, it's an instant-buy.

TeagansDad and Deleted User like this.
  19. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
    Teila and kenamis like this.
  20. hopeful

hopeful

Nice!

The video could benefit from some slo-mo in my opinion - hard to see what's in some of the scenes as they flash by. Needs some beauty shots, especially of Will B's clothing. ;)

TeagansDad and Teila like this.
  21. virror

virror

Exactly my thought as well, all the "action shots" just made me dizzy and added nothing good to it.
    The game looks cool though!

jc_lvngstn likes this.
  22. Jaimi

Jaimi

23. Killersan

Killersan

Glad You like it guys. Even we are small dev studio we are trying to make things the best we can. Right now we are in alpha test phase and so far is going pretty good. Hopefully we will be able to produce next, longer, release trailer, this was announcement one, that's why it was so dynamic.

gman and Deleted User like this.
  24. Jaimi

Jaimi

Teila and TeagansDad like this.
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks Jaimi. Bit busy with work and life atm. Should be back to doing these this weekend or the next.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
    Teila likes this.
  26. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

Which textures are used for body parts for equip pieces which covers only part of body? For example female ranger armor needs hips and arms mesh. These meshes are in the pack, but when I apply body texture (F_H_bod_Albedo from body retexture pack) on them, texture does not fit. It seems like uv mapping issue. On UMA mesh texture looks OK:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  27. Teila

Teila

You have to use overlays, not directly apply the texture to the body. Look at the UMA clothing included in the UMA package and do it the same way. Make an overlay for each body part and apply the textures in the overlay slots and then make a wardrobe recipe with the slot and the overlay.

Check out the UMA wiki. There are some good videos there by Anthony that will show you how to set up the overlays and recipes. http://umawiki.secretanorak.com/Main_Page

28. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

Thanks for answer, but this does not solve this problem. Texture must fit mesh no matter what code is there (unless code modifies uv mapping). I took arms and belly meshes from ranger kit specially made for this armor and body texture does not fit. I cant use UMA torso, because it would zfight with armor. No overlay logic will solve this. From the picture is obvious, that UV map of these parts is not made for F_H_bod_Albedo texture, so my question is, which texture i have to use, or if this is some kind of bug. These custom parts have different UV mapping than standard UMA mesh. I would expect exactly same mapping.

Attached Files:

29. Teila

Teila

It does not look right, does it? Is that the UV for the separate arms or for the armor?

If you tell me the names of the parts you are having a problem with I can look at it for you tomorrow. Off to a party for the kids tonight though.

It is probably a simple problem. I know I have used the ranger outfit and it works fine. You have to hide the torso to stop the z-fighting and you can do that in the wardrobe recipe. Not sure if that will help.

30. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

Yes, it is UV for separated arms and belly mesh. I disabled UMA torso and added these two meshes. It is ranger female torso (which is OK) and separated arms and hips meshes from this kit (Ranger_F_Arms, Ranger_F_Hips).

31. Teila

Teila

Okay, will look at it tomorrow. I know Will is very busy and unless it is something he needs to fix, I might be able to find the problem.

hopeful likes this.
  32. Jaimi

Jaimi

There are different sets of textures - one is the modular set, and the other is the full set. The modular set was designed so it would use less space on the atlas. While we included the full size texture with UMA 2.5, we didn't include the modular set. We'll need Will's permission to do that.

hopeful likes this.
  33. Teila

Teila

But would that still be a problem? I am going to play with it right now.

34. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

I bought ranger pack. I own both UMA start 1 and 2 pack. I just need to know, which texture I should use. Also I would expect, that if I buy ranger package, all textures are there.

So you are telling me, that for these body parts I need modular textures? Ok, according to UV mapping it makes sense. But I would expect, that these parts are UV mapped to whole body texture, or there will be both versions. Modular and standard. Without that, I cant use these assets.

Teila likes this.
  35. Teila

Teila

I have the same results as @Demostenes_cz . It appears Jaimi is correct and the arm and hips were created to use with the modular body textures. Oddly though, I know I have used the full body textures in the past on body parts, and especially on these, because I have owned this asset before the modular body textures were added. :)

Will, please make these work with the full body textures. I use these on all other body parts I make and would like to use them on your assets as well. I do not like the idea of exchanging one texture for 5 different ones when one will do just fine. :)

Until Will has time to fix these or supplies us with the modular textures, we will have to wait.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  36. Teila

Teila

I am going to try to make a video for you guys this week on how to make your own body parts. It might not help the problem @Demostenes_cz is having but at least you can make body parts for any clothing you acquire or make yourself without having to wait for us to do it for you. :) Since these are usually unique to the outfits, knowing how to do it will save you time. It is easy too. :)

TeagansDad and Demostenes_cz like this.
  37. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

I am using UMA body retexture SSS, so we need modular SSS texture, or all these arms/hips meshes UV mapped to full body texture (and there is plenty of them, fighter kit, ranger kit and others). So modular SSS would be faster fix.

38. Teila

Teila

You can change the materials to SSS from the default. The textures are not SSS..the materials are. I can show you how to do this too. Again, very easy. Modular would be a faster fix but Will has to give us permission to include those in the UMA package. :)

After talking to one of the UMA guys, he has convinced me that the modular textures would be the best fix. :) So hopefully that will happen.

39. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

Where can we find these modular textures? I own rpg1 + rpg2 but i wasnt able to find it there. If it is in other pack, I will buy it, no problem. I am just surprised, that packages does not contain all necessary textures.

40. Teila

Teila

Hmm, it may be in his skin retexture pack which is free here: http://willbgameart.com/page/3/

Let us know, because I will have the same problem. lol

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi. You can find them in the body retexture pack on my site. They are not SSS. When we started converting the old UMA armors to modular versions, a few also used modular body textures to save atlas space/resolution when using the same UMA material. They should actually be changed back to the standard body texture for consistency. I'll make a note and do that next when I have time (busy with work and contracts). Possibly next week.

Otherwise, you can open it up in the .blend file and cut the parts of the default UMA base there which uses the default UV.

http://willbgameart.com/product/uma-body-re-texture-vol-1/

Teila likes this.
  42. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

43. Teila

Teila

You need to use the torso modular part. Arms are part of the torso. So add the overlay for the modular torso to your arm slot in your wardrobe recipe.

Edit: Upper is the same as torso so use that one. :)

44. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I think I had something like this before, but I do not know anymore how to solve this...

I have a female uma. I am using slots without receipes.

The Upper clothing Slot should be: "F_Poor 2 Dress" (from first RPG Starter package).

When I have the Female Torso under it, on the shoulders you can see the Torso with Skin Color shine through the clothing.

When I remove the Torso, the neck is missing (the head is flying above the clothing).

How do I fix that?

Thanks a lot!

45. Jaimi

Jaimi

There should be a body piece you can add with that, so you can get rid of the torso.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  46. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Good hint (F_Poor 2 Neck)...

Thanks a lot again Jaimi!

47. AsoraX

AsoraX

Hey...
    First of all, i didnt read the whole thread, and thanks for your work...

Am i wrong or are there some Band-Overlay parts missing inside the Hairpack?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  48. Deleted User

Deleted User

@AsoraX Hair 5 band should be in the overlay folder. All bands use the same overlay and hair texture (minus F_hair 11 which uses braids).

49. Demostenes_cz

Demostenes_cz

Just idea for improvement. Why are arms, hips, neck etc other meshes split from equipment they belong to (ranger armor, fighter armor, etc..)? We must use these meshes anyway, because we cant use UMA part like torso because of zfight. So we are merging these meshes with appropriate piece of equip. Maybe it could be merged by default, I am not able to find use case, where I would need these meshes separated. Torso is always torso, no matter how many materials is there. It will save us some work and misunderstandings (questions above).

50. Teila

Teila

Just make a wardrobe recipe and add the body parts to the wardrobe recipe. It is extremely easy. Why have them merged? You may never know when you might want to use the parts with custom pieces you make. I do that all the time. If I decide to make a sleeveless top, I can reuse the arms that Will made with my custom top.

If everything is merged, I cannot do that. Essentially, the Wardrobe Recipe allows you to put separate slots into one asset and it will be "merged" together that way. It gives you much more flexibility.

I am not sure why making a wardrobe recipe is so confusing. Did you watch any videos on this?

TeagansDad likes this.