Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Issues are solved. Will be updated tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    Teila likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Hair pack 1 update is sent. Should be up in a few days.

Teila likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

4. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Strong (as in fit warrior type but not overly muscular) as well as amazonian type female would be awesome additions! Also I've heard in a couple of the skype groups that I'm in from folks who have picked this up that they are missing nipples. Not sure if both male and female have them missing or not. Could this be something you add as an overlay option? I've got the new pack you are posting about and one of the ones I had emailed you about a month or so back in my dev budget for this month. Would love at least to have the option of complete details. :)

Teila and hopeful like this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Shawn67
    Yeah. For sure. Will add those in a little while. I'll make them overlay.

Long coat and Glasses coming soon. Includes some minor material (leather and linen). I'll do some shoes for it as well. Uses the default UMA jeans.

preview 1.png preview 2.png

hopeful and Teila like this.
  6. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Awesome! Thanks! Another request for down the road would be peasant type clothing.. Stuff that characters might start out with or villagers might wear in the fantasy genre. I know you switched gears to work on your sci-fi stuff.. But whenever you need to change gears again, would love something like that!

(And thanks for the response.. Reminded me I had the skin retexture and ranger in my cart still.. lol)

7. virror

virror

Yeah, more "standard" fantasy clothing would be awesome.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep. I'll be doing some of that up in the coming weeks. Some poor outfits and some more upper/middle class stuff.

BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

UMA Mage refit update:

-Removed specular map in diffuse alpha channel
    -Added the red color overlay

preview1_1.png

cyby89 and Teila like this.
  10. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hey Will.. One thing I was wondering about as far as the clothing.. Is there any chance that you could have an optional greyscale set? That way if we want to implement dye systems, we aren't adding colors on top of other colors?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Good point Shawn67. That's something I've been considering since doing the hair. I may add that option to the previous ones a bit later. Newer outfits will have that option.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  12. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Wicked! Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you put out in 2015!

I think there might be a way we could probably do them ourselves on old ones if we have something like photoshop and can pull the textures in, no? At least until something official is released. Moving forward though, that would DEFINITELY be a plus! At least as far as my needs.. :)

13. virror

virror

Yes, i agree. Would add some extra flexibility to some already awesome packages : D

14. cyby89

cyby89

I also like the idea to change the color! I also did it rudimentary with the mage set, I just took the regular texture, applied a back&white filter and adjusted brightness/contrast. However, this has a restriction of just one dye color. To support multiple dye color, UMAElements has implemented a way with splat-textures to support 3 dye color, but I havn't worked with it yet https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21787

15. Teila

Teila

We are using UMAElements and like it. Haven't tried the splat map feature but that is a great suggestion, Cyby89.

16. cyby89

cyby89

I just got a better idea to support multiple dye colors. It works like the beard overlay for a male character.
    The basic idea is to use multiple overlay textures for the same slot. Each overlay texture represents one dye color.

Let's take the mage armor for an example:
    - The first overlay texture is a gray-scale texture to support one dye color.
    - Additional overlay textures overdraw only a part e.g. to dye only the red part of the mage armor set with another color. (the remaining texture is just transparent)

17. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

your base models are much better than UMA's. Why not just skin your base models to the uma skeleton?

18. virror

virror

There might be issues with other assets if he are using his own base mesh, like gaps and stuff with clothing and whatnot. One of the main points of UMA is that you should be able to combine assets and they will "just work".

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

@cyby89
    Yes. I've thought of this idea. I may do some experimenting with it soon. Having several textures per character is some more work though. I may provide a "flat" color guide for parts selection along with a tutorial, then the user can use that to select parts of the texture and make their own custom color overlays.

@OneShotGG

I wouldn't be able to transfer the meshes over exactly as they are, as they would have to fit the UMA rig which means stretching of arms and such. The rig for UMA is pretty complicated with a lot of bones.

Also, as virror stated, everyone is using the default model currently, so it makes more sense to just mod that so everything fits together well, and everyone currently using the UMA models can use all of the outfits.

There's room for customization, so I might experiment with it more later ie. Races and so on. The current mesh topology itself is fine, though I'd prefer it was in t-pose.

Also, if anyone hasn't noticed, the model doesn't have teeth. Will be fixing that soon.

UMA undead 1 (will be part of a small pack with one more male, 2 females, and a couple pieces of clothing). Would also fit existing armors (gloves, boots etc):

preview 1.png preview 2.png preview 3.png preview 4.png

20. virror

virror

Great as always! : D

21. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

This would ROCK! Would love to see more lycanthorpe options.. Cat people, Ratkin type people (although I think Fernando's werewolf looks more rat than wolf), orc, etc.. (Can you tell I'm working with the fantasy genre? lol)

Love the looks of the undead! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! Keep up the AWESOME work! :)

22. Archania

Archania

Wow the undead look fantastic.

23. hopeful

hopeful

On a model like the undead, can it be configured to have an empty eye socket on the left, or on the right, or both eye sockets filled / empty? Can any other features be re-arranged so there can be an asymmetry of models (like left arm more decayed than right on one of them, on another both arms are heavily decayed, etc.)?

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

The eyes will be a separate slot. You can add/remove them. Arms possibly ( I'll consider it). I was also planning on having one cut in half with the spinal cord dangling out. There will be a few options.

The current body also uses the default UMA uvs, so you can use default UMA clothes overlays on it.

hopeful likes this.
  25. Deleted User

Deleted User

Barbarian low level pack 2 of 5. All parts are separate:

2.png

26. Teila

Teila

Love this and can't wait to see the female barbarians! :)

27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Mage is being updated again. Fixed and error message for the staff (use shared overlay list source). Should be the last one until the color guides are added.

Should be up in a few days.

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

Barbarian 3:

Bar 3.png

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Bar 3 starter fem refit. Male versions will possibly have a female refit for each. There will also be a couple custom female outfits.

F_Bar 3 starter.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  30. Teila

Teila

That is very nice! Thank you. :)

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

Bar 4. Parts are separate, as well as material for color customization (Greyscale is yet to be done).

These items use "real" textures instead of converted UMA textures (for material and color customization).

bar4.png bar4_2.png

Teila and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  32. Teila

Teila

They look great!! Love the female outfit.

33. Deleted User

Deleted User

M_Bar 5:

M_Bar5.png

34. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Barbarians are looking really cool! Any chance there will be face paint/tattoo options? I'm thinking like the old EQ barbarians, celtic, or even native american type war paint or markings. That would be a really cool addition to a barbarian race. Or even tribal tattoo/markings... Or maybe that could be an idea for another pack.. Tattoo and scar overlays designed for the different body parts.. :) But even if separate, would be nice to have at least a couple tribal/war paint options for the barbs

btw.. Any release projections for the undead and barbarian packs? I'd love to start getting some more UMA race options.. heh

35. virror

virror

There are an asset already for UMA with warpaints, maybe check that out?

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

@Shawn67 Yep. I'll be doing some tribal tattoos, scars etc. bit later (will have normals). As virror mentioned, there's Sliced Studio's pack as well.

The barbarian pack will probably be submitted next week or a bit later (still a few outfits to do, but it's almost done.)

I'll be finishing up the Zombie pack after that (Will include a more recently deceased version and fem versions), then the long coat guy (going to give him some new pants, shirt and gloves, and possibly weapon).

After that, will probably look at faces. Contemplating whether to sculpt/bake them or just use the current morphs. I think Newly sculpted ones will give it a more solid individual look.

Also more stuff on the way in the next couple months including some more tweaking to the body texture, Demon armor, and some more sci fi stuff.

Deleted User and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  37. Teila

Teila

Will you have more female barbarian outfits? I really like the first one.

38. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Sci fi?!? :( Well.. I guess that will give me time to collect all the fantasy stuff. Finally picked up the hair pack last night. Slowly buying them all, as budget allows. Any chance we could sweet talk you into doing a peasant clothing type set before you take a fantasy break? I am really needing starter clothing for characters. Don't want to just throw them into armor when they spawn new into the world.. heheh

If not, I guess I can be patient... :p Your stuff is worth the wait. :)

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the reminder and purchase Shawn67. Yes. There will be a few peasant clothes in there probably before the faces.

@Teila Yes. All of the barbarian outfits I've posted so far will have fem versions ( just finished refitting one). There will also be 1 or 2 more for "fem only" in the next few days/week.

40. Teila

Teila

Yay!! I am so happy. :)

Oh, and faces? Wow...that would be amazing.

Shawn, you are so impatient!! :)

41. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

who? me? :p

Btw Will... You have Teila to thank for me harassing you here. She has been a good spokesperson for you... I haven't even put UMA back into my new prototype yet (still running around as one of Mr. Necturus' ratkin characters while I'm rebuilding stuff)... but buying your stuff based off conversations with her.. So if these don't work, it is all your fault Teila.. heheh

Deleted User likes this.
  42. Teila

Teila

They will work!!

43. virror

virror

Sounds great! I agree that sculpting new faces probably is the best option for increased variation. Would also love to see some base medieval clothing ; )

44. hopeful

hopeful

If you have new faces, does this mean new face meshes and incompatibilities?

45. Teila

Teila

He made new faces with the skins he released and there were no issues at all so I doubt it. :)

hopeful likes this.
  46. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey guys. The faces (if sculpted and refitted) wouldn't really be an issue alone since they are just a slot. (Same as any clothing etc.) You might have an issue with separate noses, ears etc.. You wouldn't be able to use the default UMA nose since the meshes wouldn't be the same shape.

With morphs that's not an issue. If I could export the morphed model and then sculpt and bake on to that, It also would be problem. Not sure if I can export though.

47. hopeful

hopeful

Okay, so this is what I was thinking: If the face slot is being changed, things like sunglasses, masks, makeup, or warpaint that were modeled for one face might not fit on another face.

If in your game you are not putting anything on faces, then it doesn't matter, but if you are putting things on faces, then it can matter.

Do I have it right?

48. Deleted User

Deleted User

That's correct. If the actual base model shape is changed, then sunglasses wouldn't work. Things like face paint would probably be fine since the UVs would be kept the same.

Going to see if I can export face morphs, then do up some normals for those. "If" I can get them exported. If not, I'll mess around with the default face and some different maps.

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

F_Face test using default face no mesh tweaks (uses morphs). Bit of an older look.

test 1.png test 2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  50. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Kind of an angry elf look without the elf ears... lol Speaking of which.. You mentioned the possibility of not being able to use the UMA ears and noses that are for the standard UMA with the face stuff. With this test, are you finding that you would be able to use them? Say the elf ears on the F_Face that you posted?