Search Unity

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ok. Lux is working. It adds some noise. Not sure why that is. It's mostly noticeable with back lighting. Also not sure why there's a black artifact on the nose. Didn't take too long to set up. Would probably need some more testing:

ScreenHunter_861 Aug. 23 18.18.png ScreenHunter_862 Aug. 23 18.25.png ScreenHunter_863 Aug. 23 18.26.png ScreenHunter_864 Aug. 23 18.27.png ScreenHunter_865 Aug. 23 18.27.png

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

4. Teila

Teila

And it is a bit shiny. People are not shiny unless they are wet, sweating, or sunbathing.

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just a test. Testing the shader options/look. One variation has a lot of gloss.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fixed the noise issue (created a new BRDF texture). Images are a better look at where SSS gets placed. (maps are full white). Black mesh with back lighting. Also slightly smooths the normals. More pics coming.

ScreenHunter_869 Aug. 24 11.57.png ScreenHunter_870 Aug. 24 11.58.png

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

F_Face 5 using high poly slots and Lux skin renderer. The SSS is basically the red parts. It doesn't really show up that much on diffuse lighting without back lights.

ScreenHunter_874 Aug. 24 12.54.png ScreenHunter_876 Aug. 24 12.55.png ScreenHunter_877 Aug. 24 12.58.png ScreenHunter_878 Aug. 24 12.58.png ScreenHunter_879 Aug. 24 12.58.png

TeagansDad and Teila like this.
  8. Teila

Teila

That looks nice! Did you replace the shader for the skin with a custom (Lux) shader? How does this affect the clothing or does it not affect it at all? Will the skin keep it's own shader even when combining the UMA? Do they not have to be all the same shader?

Sorry for all the questions. lol

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

More gloss/SSS and tweaked the nose in the morph sliders:

ScreenHunter_883 Aug. 24 13.12.png ScreenHunter_886 Aug. 24 13.13.png ScreenHunter_881 Aug. 24 13.12.png ScreenHunter_887 Aug. 24 13.13.png ScreenHunter_884 Aug. 24 13.12.png

TeagansDad likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Skin shader is the Lux (first set of pics use the same Face morph that's in the UMA face pack).

The skin should be on it's own material ie. UMA SSS skin material. Won't effect clothes. You can use as many UMA materials as you want. They are straight forward to set up.

This shader is new to me as well. These are just experiments I did in the past couple hours. I think the result are ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
    Teila likes this.
  11. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@justb, those look really, really good and are a huge improvement over the UMA Standard/Metallic shader. Are those images just using the textures straight out of your body retexture and/or face packs, or did you need to alter the textures to work with the shader?

Has anyone tried using the Alloy shaders with UMA? I've had my eye on this shader framework for a while, and it's currently 40% off on the Madness Sale. It has shaders for skin, eyes, and hair.

Teila likes this.
  12. Teila

Teila

Ok is relative. :) Since we want a dozen UMAs to run around in the same area, we want to balance performance with looks. I think these look very nice! I realize it is the high poly slots and that would make a big difference, but with LOD's the higher poly slots might be nice as close ups.

Thanks for experimenting with these.

TeagansDad likes this.
  13. Teila

Teila

I did and they look better but Will is using the high poly slots for the faces so they don't look that good. I have not tried Alloy recently though and I know they have updated. I will be working on UMA again in a couple of weeks so will try again, but unfortunately, can't do it now.

Alloy is very nice for other things too though so if you can afford Alloy and don't prefer another shader, then it will be worth the money. I haven't used Lux though so can't compare.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Really, the high poly slots aren't that much more of difference. The previous male shots or the low poly versions. If you don't go extreme close up, low poly should be fine.

The textures were redone and several tweaks made to get them looking right. There are some sliders for the shader that effect the amount of SSS etc.

Haven't tried Alloy with UMA. This is the first SSS shader I've gotten to work with UMA.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm getting these shading artifacts (nose). All of the maps look correct. Not really sure what it could be. It goes away once you turn the model and the lighting changes:

ScreenHunter_890 Aug. 24 13.52.png ScreenHunter_891 Aug. 24 13.52.png

Edit: It's the normal map.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

@TeagansDad Uses: Albedo (should be tweaked for SSS shading), Skin mask (Specular, Gloss, SSS, and AO in one map, Normals, and BRDF (rim type texture)

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

TeagansDad likes this.
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

Got the Fast Fake Skin Shader working. Not quite the same, but still adds a bit of smoothness and no artifacts:

ScreenHunter_895 Aug. 24 16.08.png ScreenHunter_892 Aug. 24 16.07.png ScreenHunter_893 Aug. 24 16.07.png ScreenHunter_894 Aug. 24 16.07.png ScreenHunter_896 Aug. 24 16.09.png

Ramsdal and TeagansDad like this.
  19. Jaimi

Jaimi

20. Teila

Teila

Love the shadows around his eyes in this shader. Looks very cool.

21. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

22. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ohhhhhh.... Ahhhhhhhhh.... Bring on RPG starter 3!!! heheh

23. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Actually youth of any of the races you make in your rpg pack 3 would be awesome as well. The asset store is really lacking in youth models. Would be nice to be able to have children playing around their homes, regardless of what race they are. :p

Deleted User and TeagansDad like this.
  24. Deleted User

Deleted User

Took a look at the Black Desert models. Base tris are around 11,108 tris and hair is....9, 646 :)

Since the fast fake skin shader is working, I'll upgrade to that for now and possibly look at something else later (possibly remodeling the faces all together). Will tweak it a bit more and try the fem. Right now, the gloss isn't showing up.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

Finals. First 2 are with no back lighting. Directional is at 1.4 intensity.

Unfortunately, eyebrows need to be black since they need to share the skin material, any other settings mess up the look, (might be tweakable).

ScreenHunter_917 Aug. 25 14.30.png ScreenHunter_918 Aug. 25 14.30.png ________ ScreenHunter_913 Aug. 25 14.28.png ScreenHunter_914 Aug. 25 14.28.png ScreenHunter_915 Aug. 25 14.28.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
    Teila, BackwoodsGaming and TeagansDad like this.
  26. Deleted User

Deleted User

More pics (5's the limit):

ScreenHunter_916 Aug. 25 14.29.png ScreenHunter_908 Aug. 25 14.24.png ScreenHunter_909 Aug. 25 14.25.png ScreenHunter_910 Aug. 25 14.25.png ScreenHunter_911 Aug. 25 14.25.png

Teila, BackwoodsGaming, Jaimi and 2 others like this.
  27. Jaimi

Jaimi

Those look great. Which of the three shaders are you using? The "FastFakeSkin", "NotSoFastFakeSkin" or the "NotSoFastNotsoFakeSkin"?

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

NotSoFastNotsoFakeSkin (3 textures plus the matcap, BRDF and Beckmann)

29. Jaimi

Jaimi

I wondered about that. I'm curious if creating "mesh eyebrows" would work well. Basically just floating a small group of polygons over the face, and putting the eyebrow textures on that.

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

Probably a better solution. Will also increase eyebrow resolution. Will do that.

hopeful likes this.
  31. Teila

Teila

The shaders look great but what about performance? The shader's description is "not so fast" so since UMAs are generated and runtime, do the shaders slow that down? Could be a problem since most of us adjust our code to allow the UMA's to generate. I am curious about how fast they actually are...or are not.

32. hopeful

hopeful

My guess is the shader is not so fast ... for mobile. But you can do a stress test by using that shader in the LOD scene that comes with UMA53 and see how it would work for your target tech.

33. Teila

Teila

I test it when I have my demo for UMA done. I don't use mobile but will with networking, I want it to rebuild quickly.

34. Jaimi

Jaimi

It shouldn't have any effect on rebuild speed - just on how fast it draws the completed meshes.

35. Teila

Teila

Well, won't the rebuild include the completed meshes?

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

You'd have to test it. There's also the other options for the shader, but those would have to be set up using the appropriate maps.

I think not so fast basically refers to the amount of maps it uses. Since Not so fast has the 3 main textures and the 3 shader textures. The size of those could be reduced. It's not going to be like default UMA since it only uses 3 textures.

That's the price of using better graphics. You could always give an option in your game if possible.

The face pack will still contain the default PBR textures and legacy. The SSS plus eyebrows will most likely be an upgrade.

Teila likes this.
  37. Jaimi

Jaimi

Oh, I see where you're going with this. You're right, it will be slightly slower because there are more textures to composite, but it should be negligible.

Teila likes this.
  38. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is the middle one. It uses only 3 textures : Albedo, Normal, and matcap. It doesn't have any of the SSS effects, AO and is missing a few sliders(brightness, ambience). Still usable though with the maps provided, but you'd have to set it up. I can provide the current slider settings, ref image and colors. (using the high poly slots):

ScreenHunter_934 Aug. 27 14.05.png ScreenHunter_935 Aug. 27 14.05.png ScreenHunter_936 Aug. 27 14.05.png ScreenHunter_937 Aug. 27 14.06.png

settings:

ScreenHunter_938 Aug. 27 14.16.jpg

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

Body re-texture updated to Skin shader:

ScreenHunter_945 Aug. 28 12.56.png ScreenHunter_946 Aug. 28 12.57.png ScreenHunter_947 Aug. 28 12.57.png ScreenHunter_948 Aug. 28 12.57.png

TeagansDad and Jaimi like this.
  40. Deleted User

Deleted User

M_Face 2 (Low poly slots)

ScreenHunter_954 Aug. 28 13.28 copy.png ScreenHunter_955 Aug. 28 13.28 copy.png ScreenHunter_956 Aug. 28 13.28 copy.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
  41. Jaimi

Jaimi

That's really looking good, Will!

Teila likes this.
  42. Deleted User

Deleted User

Face pack 1 texture maps are converted for SSS shader. Still need seam fix, overlays and eyebrows.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
    BackwoodsGaming and Teila like this.
  43. Deleted User

Deleted User

Some male eyebrows 1-3:

ScreenHunter_1004 Sep. 01 13.01.png ScreenHunter_1003 Sep. 01 13.01 copy.png ScreenHunter_1002 Sep. 01 13.00 copy.png ScreenHunter_997 Sep. 01 12.55 copy.png ScreenHunter_998 Sep. 01 12.55 copy.png

Ramsdal, TeagansDad and Jaimi like this.
  44. Teila

Teila

Eyebrows can really change a face! Could they go out a little bit past the corner of the eye, at least some of them? Or is there an issue there.

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

Those are already done :) Perhaps I'll check on the next ones. They are limited by the eyebrow plane. Possibly, would have to re export it.

Teila likes this.
  46. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Deleted User likes this.
  47. justtime

justtime

Hey, jusb!
    Is it possible to make unity cloth using for example chain from Demon Armor ?

48. virror

virror

Just one request, could you please stop using tga as texture format? Its ruining my git server harddrive space : p
    png is lossless as well and takes waaay less space. I dont see any reason for using an uncompressed format, it would also reduce downloading time for your customers a lot : )

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's possible. Some people have done it (they've also manage to use physics bones). I wouldn't be able to do it unless some script or system was set up/provided since I'm not really a coder.

It would have to be generated at runtime through script. I'd have to be able to assign the cloth to the mesh and then have UMA generate it. It would also require using mesh or capsule colliders ie. Obi cloth

If anyone has a system like this I'd be willing to have a look at it a possibly convert some things (depending on how complex it is).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
  50. Deleted User

Deleted User

You can get a texture converter that converts bulk textures if you prefer. I do TGA because it gives the dev the option to use them or not. Conversion is straight forward. By default Unity compresses to DXT1-DXT5.

examples:

http://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best-free-bulk-image-converter/
    http://www.batchconverter.com/image-converter.html