Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Male base 1/Fem base 1 RPG starter and UMA Multipurpopse Avatar

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Shirt 3 pre-final and Mithril armor concept:

ScreenHunter_346 Jul. 15 18.45.png ScreenHunter_347 Jul. 15 18.46.png ScreenHunter_348 Jul. 15 18.47.png

mithril conceptsmall.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
    Ramsdal, BackwoodsGaming and Jaimi like this.
  2. Jaimi

Jaimi

Wow, these three shirts are all really nice! Will the ladies be getting shirts as part of the shirt pack?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yep. There are 2 custom female shirts and 2 or 3 refits.

BackwoodsGaming, Jaimi and Teila like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Monthly freebie hood. Should be up soon:

ScreenHunter_348 Jul. 16 19.12.png ScreenHunter_349 Jul. 16 19.12.png ScreenHunter_350 Jul. 16 19.13.png ScreenHunter_352 Jul. 16 19.14.png

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Added a robe (high poly):

ScreenHunter_353 Jul. 16 23.15.png ScreenHunter_354 Jul. 16 23.15.png

6. Teila

Teila

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  7. hopeful

hopeful

I like that the hood / robe combo have an assassin or cult-like feel to them, with the concealing hood and the aggressive angles to the hood and robe. Easy to imagine this being used for bad guys. ;)

8. Teila

Teila

I am going to use it for priests, so not bad guys. :) But they could be!! lol

Deleted User likes this.
  9. hopeful

hopeful

I suppose I should have said the concealing hood and aggressive lines suggest characters with secrets and power. ;)

And naturally, even among good priests we might expect for some to be misusing their power. Time to whip out the Love / Hate plugin and make some factions!

Teila likes this.
  10. Teila

Teila

Fun!!!!

11. dannienuc

dannienuc

So I purchased the RPG starter set #1, and am having some issues with the male poor 1 trousers. I'm getting significant clipping in the thighs with the base mesh visible, but when I remove the base mesh, the shins disappear. I'm currently using the set with atavism UMA 2.6.1, and adding the shin overlay and slot to the UMA Equipment Display does not correct the issue. Any ideas? BTW Will, this set is the shiznit.

Deleted User likes this.
  12. Teila

Teila

Oops, you are using Atavism. Deleted suggestion. Sorry.

13. dannienuc

dannienuc

I'm also not sure, but I just copied the body retexture stuff into the slot and overlay libraries. Is there something else I should have done to ensure that they are being used? I'm thinking it's possible that its an issue with the armor using the stock slots and overlays, but I don't know how to confirm.

14. Teila

Teila

I cannot help you. Those of us NOT using Atavism just add the shins as the slot along with the pants and hide the legs. I have no idea how Atavism does it. So sorry!!!

I am sure JustB can help you when he is back online.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey @dannienuc What do the console errors say? It might just be the wrong overlay or name being added in Atavism. It might also be the overlay name since Atavism uses a different slot naming structure. However; if the other slots/overlays are working the shin should work to. Double check that the shins are using the appropriate overlay and material in atavism.

My support email is :

will@willbgameart.com

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Spot on. Was originally named "Altar hood" :)

Teila likes this.
  17. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

RPG3 woohoo sign me up! ;)

Deleted User likes this.
  18. Deleted User

Deleted User

MB1 Chainmail in UE4:

m_chainue4.png m_chainue4_2.png

19. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

So I just imported into a clean project, and all the errors I mentioned earlier are still there. I even extracted some files from the unitypackage manually to check and the references are indeed pointing to some GUID that doesn't exist or missing. So I'm pretty sure it's not just a random import error. The ones I've noticed again:

Face pack - almost all face and eye overlays don't have textures assigned
    Body Retexture - Female main body overlay and some modular overlays missing material
    Wanderer - many slots and overlays don't have material assigned
    Ranger - Equipment (sword, shield, etc) slots don't have material assigned
    Wizard - Staff overlays (male and female) missing material

I'm sure there are a few others but I'm pretty sure this is not on my end unless I'm missing something. The only dependency this has is the latest version of UMA with the PBR materials, right?

20. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Yeah I had a few errors as well when importing some packages, remember the face pack had problems as well but if I recall it was possible to get everything working (thought setting some stuff manually was required).

makeshiftwings likes this.
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

M_Shirt 4 pre-final:

ScreenHunter_372 Jul. 22 16.47.png ScreenHunter_373 Jul. 22 16.47.png ScreenHunter_374 Jul. 22 16.47.png ScreenHunter_375 Jul. 22 16.47.png

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

RPG starter has not been updated yet :) Only RPG starter (lite).

The errors for the body were due to using a separate material for the body (UMA Skin standard) instead of the default "UMA Diffuse Normal Metallic". Thought it was included but it appears not. I recommend using a separate material for the body since the large default 1024 textures down res your armor atlas. Will either include the materials or switch them back to default for the pack with a note.

Weapons were probably using the weapon material (also a separate material for atlas resolution).

Materials should generally go like this if you want to keep the resolution consistent:

Skin Material (includes face, body, hair, etc)
    Armor Material(modular armor)
    Weapon material(swords, shields and possibly some accessories)

All the armors are modular for 2048 x 2048 atlas. This means you can mix any armor pieces and still retain the same resolution by putting the skin and weapons on a separate material.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  23. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

It doesn't look like the armor and weapon material are included in the package anywhere though. I don't think there are any new UMAMaterials in it, just references to the ones that already exist in base UMA. It's not a huuuuuge deal but it would be great if it was fixed because it does eat up a lot of time if I have to reimport or update the package for some reason, or if there is an update. I was mostly posting again because last time everyone was saying that I was imagining it and that there weren't any errors. :p ;)

Deleted User likes this.
  24. Deleted User

Deleted User

:) Indeed. My error.

There was (and may still be) the 5.1.2 to Unity 5.3 face overlay issues. Those are what I mentioned last time. I've had that happen a few times.

Yep. I understand. It sucks when something breaks your stuff/project and you have to redo something and figure out what's wrong. I thought most people would be using their own set up, but you are correct. The default should work out of box. Please bear with me though if there are sometimes errors .

Now that I know the issue, it will be updated soon.

Teila, TeagansDad and makeshiftwings like this.
  25. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

No problem. Thanks for the quick response! :)

Teila likes this.
  26. Deleted User

Deleted User

RPG starter pack 1 update is submitted (should be up in a few days):

-Included extra materials

Please let me know if there are any issues.

27. Ramsdal

Ramsdal

Hi will
    Any resubmits needed for the UMA package? I had some unassigned textures and materials when I used it last, though I think I got it working manually though - however I had to reuse the same texture a few times in the face pack if I remember (it has been a while)...

I am assuming when updates hit the asset store they are also available from your site if we purchased from there right? :)

Best regards

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

F_Wolf Armor refit for Morph3D.

Just a test. Would be a bit time consuming to do 3 LODs. I'd probably pick one LOD (possibly LOD 1) and do the refit for that.

The MCS tools aren't out yet and there's still a bit to check out. Looks like an ok system and the alpha clipping map should take care of the parts poking through.

ScreenHunter_393 Jul. 26 11.38.png ScreenHunter_395 Jul. 26 11.41.png ScreenHunter_397 Jul. 26 11.51.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey @Ramsdal Sure. Just post up whatever bugs you find and I'll check them out. You can also send via email. I may start a bug thread.

I think the one on willbgameart.com may have the materials included. I sometimes have to move stuff around for uploading the RPG starter Lite and the RPG starter within the project, so some things might get overlooked sometimes.

30. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

Is the monthly freebie hood uploaded yet? I have been checking your website, but I can't find it.

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

Not yet :) Will also include a robe. Will probably be by the end of the week or next.

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

Dwarf armor Tier 3 Wip start:

ScreenHunter_398 Jul. 26 13.04.png Dwarf Armortier 3concept.png

Jaimi and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  33. Deleted User

Deleted User

Monthly freebie robe set pre-final (hood, Robe, Boots):

ScreenHunter_404 Jul. 29 12.59.png ScreenHunter_405 Jul. 29 12.59.png ScreenHunter_406 Jul. 29 13.00.png

(Next up will be M_shirts added to RPG starter 2 and shirt pack finish. Mithril armor should be up after that.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
  34. Deleted User

Deleted User

Internet will be out for about a week from the 1st while it''s being change. Will keep you updated.

hopeful likes this.
  35. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello together,

Thanks a lot for the RPG starter update will :)

I have a Little Problem, maybe somebody has an advice for me:

For my inventory Icons I have created a simple Scene with a camera, light and the mesh with material.

I set the mesh and material in the Editor and make a screenshot, cut it and have an Icon Image for my inventory.

Now I want to do the same with all the uma stuff, starting with all Hoods and helmets.

How do I do that? There is no material o_O

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

36. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

PS: It works very good with a temporary new material, with the textures set from the overlay.
    Thanks. Solved.

Teila likes this.
  37. Teila

Teila

I was just going to type that...but you figured it out yourself. :) We used this method and it worked great.

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

39. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Nice one, thanks Will

40. tequyla

tequyla

Thanks !

41. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello together,

I have a Problem when switching through my uma characters in my character Editor. I think it is Happening since updating to will's latest rpg starter kit from an older Version, but I am not sure.

I get the error that "M_Hair 8" is missing, but other hairs work fine, and it is contained in my Slot library in the Scene.
    So I do not understand where this error Comes from, can anybody help?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

42. Jaimi

Jaimi

The name on the slot is different. The slot library says the name is "M_Hair 8_Slot", but it's trying to find "M_Hair 8". Have you rebuilt the slot library? Or tried re-adding the slot?

43. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi Jaimi,

thanks for helping! In the Slot library it says "M_Hair 8_Slot" but when I click it then in the inpector it says "M_hair 8", see the inspector part of the Slot. I never understood why those are different.
    Yes, I tried to re-add it. Other hairs are working that way when I call them with the short Name in the inspector.

How do I rebuild the Slot library?

Thanks!

44. Jaimi

Jaimi

You can delete all the items out of it and add them back in to rebuild it (you can drop the parent folder on there to do it easily).
    Or you can just remove the old "m_hair 8_slot", and drop the new hair 8 on. But then you might run into other problems if something was renamed.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  45. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi Jaimi,

thanks again. I cleared the Slot library. But I cannot drag anything into the Slot library "Drag Slots here".
    I can use the button "AddSlotDataset" and then drag a single Slot into the Slot.
    But nothing into the area "Drag Slots here". What am I doing wrong?
    I am currently using the Version from the UMA2 git hub.

And are you involved into this new Version here?
    https://github.com/huika/UMA/tree/unity53

Is it the official new Version? Will it be downward compatible to older costumes and Slots / overlays?

Thanks!

46. Jaimi

Jaimi

I don't know what could cause that not to work. You should be able to just drop a folder on it (like the entire UMA folder), and have it recursively add all the slots. Do you get any errors in the console?

Unity53 is the new branch - it's not quite done yet, still need to merge in the dynamic character system, and maybe a few more items. It's backward compatible with the UMA2 (both from GIT and the Asset Store).

47. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi Jaimi,

I see no error in the console. I try to drag a upper Folder onto the area, or a Folder with only Slots, in both cases it Shows the "not allowed" Cursor and nothing happens.

Would you yet recomment the new Version?

I am not using receipes, only my own UMA beings created from Code behind with Slots and overlays. This way I create new gameobjects spawned from a prefab which contains the umadata.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  48. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

PS: I got Hair 8 working. The UMA Slot System is case sensitive.
    The Slot Name was M_hair 8. When I set it to M_Hair 8 it worked.
    That is really bad, isn't there a way to fix it?
    In Will' RPG starter package some hairs are with "hair" some with "Hair", it is a huge source for Errors...

49. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sorry about that Firlefanz. Will have a look.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Fem shirt 1 pre-final. Pack should be up in a few days.:

ScreenHunter_747 Aug. 06 16.38.png ScreenHunter_750 Aug. 06 16.39.png

Jaimi, hopeful, Teila and 1 other person like this.