Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

Instantly bought it. Thanks!!! :D

Malbers likes this.
  2. Rowlan

Rowlan

I have a few questions:

Are the horns not editable for the sea dragons? I didn't find the option.

Is there a way to reduce the flying animation? I increased the size of a dragon to 4 and the size of the wings even more and now when I sit on it the animation is a tad too much / too fast, especially the wing flapping. It doesn't look like what a big dragon would do.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Malbers likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

I will inlcude the Resizable horns, in a tiny update soon.
    *-I will add too a parameter for the flapping speed of the wings.... Great request!!

Bhanshee00 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  4. magique

magique

I have a request for future updates to both Little Dragons sets. I would love to see alternate texture sets for realistic looks. They are great as-is for cartoony games, but I can also envision using them in a regular game as well.

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

That is a must for future updates, my partner is already working on the realistic textures for the Tiger dragon, meanwhile I keep animating and programming the other features. so Don't worry guys is on the way :)

BackwoodsGaming and magique like this.
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

Sounds awesome! Something else I noticed: When you resize the wings, so that the dragon looks more like a mature dragon, then the wing bones are rather large (in terms of fat). Oh, and by the way, The wing's airfoil (I hope that's the expression in english) isn't directly attached to the wing bone, so you see a gap between the airfoil and the bone. Not a big deal, but if it's fixable, it would be great.

7. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hopefully this is something that will happen with eggs too? Are the plans to add different types/styles of eggs to the existing packs as well as the one you are currently working on? Maybe eggs of specific shapes and/or textures to help define species with option to use breed specific egg to help players determine species or a generic egg if we want the hatchling to be random?

8. R1PFake

R1PFake

Do you want to make the animation slower or something else? Because if you want to change the animation speed you can go the the animation controller, click on the wing flapping animation and there should be a speed option (default value 1) change this value to change the animation speed. (it's multiplied with this value so try to change it by 0.X until you get the speed that you want) (Btw changing it to -1 and the animation is 'backwards') (sry for my english)

Btw if you have many dragons with different sizes and want a different speed for each dragon you can leave the animation controller at the default value (1) and change the speed in code for each dragon typ, so you don't have to make a different animation controller for every dragon just to change the wing flapping speed (let me know if you need more informations)

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

@Rowlan
    Actually That was the solution I was going to made, just put in the inspector the fly speed animation of the controller, just a quick fix.
    flyspeed.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Bhanshee00 likes this.
  10. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you very much @R1PFake and @Malbers :) Yes, I only want to make it slower. A big dragon with big wings shouldn't flap quickly. I'll try that.

Malbers likes this.
  11. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hello, Very nice Dragon packages as I bought both Little Dragon & Sea Dragon. I still like the Baby Dragon the most, wondering if there's something in the Script to slow the Turn speed "and yes I tried the Turn Speed" setting with not
    much Luck, as the poor little Dragon can't Aim very well... I heard that you are planning to fix this, however is there a
    Temp fix I can do for Now? Ty! :D

Malbers likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for you support!!
    You can try adjusting the FirePoint game object transforms which is attached to the head bone.

13. Malbers

Malbers

R1PFake and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  14. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Malbers likes this.
  15. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

FirePoint transforms? As in the Adjust/CG/.....Head/Fire Point. I'm not quite sure what you mean...

16. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Oh, I really Dig the Grass in the Little Dragon video... How do we get this package/Asset?
    Again Thanks, looking forward to the Egg Hatching!!

17. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Scroll through the thread... Pretty sure @Malbers linked to it earlier... :)

Malbers likes this.
  18. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Wow, yes the "Grass" link was on page 1 thanks... It's called "Nature Starter Kit 1" :D

Malbers and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  19. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

To be cont.... regarding the "Turn Speed" that controls the Dragon's. K, so as I understand from reading the "Dragon Controller (Script)" ; the Turn speed setting at "0" uses the Speed from the Turn animations, so...
    //--Add more Rotations to the current Turn animations

So, I think what is happening in my case is that I'm not getting the precise Turn rotation especially when Aiming or running into the Collectibles... EX: Riding a bike & keeping it on the curving dotted line, as it waves from side to side (so to speak); hopefully I'm explaining this o.k. as I think better than I type L.o.l. So I don't c how adjusting the "Fire Point transforms?" would help? perhaps I didn't explain it enough :D
    Now, I'm thinking that this problem is in the //Animator that controls Left/Right animation rotation for the Dragon's (Like a 30 Degree increment).. Thus, making it difficult to steer the Dragon "on the ground"
    -without running into the walls.
    -aiming at items, whether running into them/or using a fireball by aiming from a distance.
    Wow! K, I'll stop typing now.. Thanks for any help on this, I realize that this is in your planned updates and I appreciate that... Hopefully there is a simple remedy for now. ::))

20. R1PFake

R1PFake

21. Malbers

Malbers

This will be an update for all packs, will be alive when the 3rd pack is released.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

Humm, is truth, adjusting the firepoint wont work as it is.
    I think I get it, but don't worry I will release ASAP the aiming... before the 3rd package is release.

23. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Again, thanks... the choice between walk/trott/run, was a great New feature :D

Malbers likes this.
  24. br20o0ly

br20o0ly

is Little Dragons: Sea on sale ?

and what program you use to texture it

25. Malbers

Malbers

yes is on "Secret Sale" until tomorrow because if you put some "is on sale:" on the description the UAS team left them out from the "on the new on Assetstore"

The textures where made in substance painter.

26. Rowlan

Rowlan

A 3rd pack? I'm curious.

Malbers likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

This Guys... Remember guys more textures more animations an more features in each pack, they will be growing with the time,

BUT this one since it uses the same animations of the 1st Set, It will be an "Upgrade Package" so If you own the first package it will be better
    upload_2016-8-15_0-15-18.png

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  28. R1PFake

R1PFake

What exactly do you mean with "Upgrade Pack"? Will there be a discount for the pack for people who have the first (tiger) dragon pack?

Malbers likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

That's Right, just for that next pack. because it uses the same tiger animations, (They Have the same bone structure) I didn't have to re-make animations for them.

30. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

:D How are the New updates coming along; regarding the Turning and Aiming stuff I mentioned earlier.. I Noticed the Sea Dragon pack is Dated August 31/2016.. Again thanks!

31. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I wish asset store was as quick approving an asset as they are with price changes... lol Price is already updated..

Whenever there is a change with anything to do with the package, the last updated date gets changed. I assume the update today was the price change moving off the secret sale (which I think Malbers was expecting to happen tomorrow as he had posted). heheh

32. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Oh I C, ya I thought that's what it was :D
    K, I suppose I'll take my baby Dragon out for its daily walk..

Malbers and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  33. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I just love these little guys! And great job on the default prefabs @Malbers! I love how each color of the tiger dragons has different eyes and features to showcase them. Can't wait to start mixing and matching and making my own prefabs! These guys are looking cool in my prototype game so far! :)

Malbers likes this.
  34. Rowlan

Rowlan

As much as I like the dragons, I do wonder if you intend to release real looking dragons. I'd definitely buy them too :D

I already tried several on the asset store, but none of them has the asset quality that your assets have.

Malbers likes this.
  35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I asked for the same thing early on in the thread. He mentioned somewhere that his partners are working on more realistic textures for them. I think it was in page 2 of the thread.

36. Malbers

Malbers

The aiming and turning I will release it tomorrow :D just double checking everything.

about the sale, I changed it and 1 h later the update was out :eek::eek:... normally is one day later.

Thanks for your kind words!
    Just like @Shawn67 said
    My partner is the one working on the realistic textures, don't worry this textures will be included on each respective pack, they are coming .... soonish..
    mean while I'm finishing the 3rd package and the egg hatching feature

37. Malbers

Malbers

I love you love them, :D

38. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

YAY! Looking forward to this! :)

39. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you, I've seen that reply earlier. I was referring to a more realistic dragon, that's not cute at all, i. e. no big eyes, no rounded nose, with dangerous horns and scale armor and what not.

You have these gorgeous realistic looking horses, having dragons of that realistic looking type would be awesome. Especially if you could mount them like the horses. :D

40. Rowlan

Rowlan

Is there some way to use only the gamepad controller? Unless I missed something from what I've seen in the C# scripts you have to use some keys (e. g. 'q' for flying).

Also, is it possible to have the turning smooth? Currently when you turn left/right in the air it's very jumpy.

41. Malbers

Malbers

you
    About the game pad options you can modify the code and instead of do the
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.Q);
    use the
    Code (CSharp):
    1. CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButtonDown("Fly");
    and add "Fly" to the input manager with your gamepad options, that should work

the turning smooth you can change here
    upload_2016-9-1_10-25-54.png
    search for this line of code in the dragon controller and change the 8 for a lower number.
    if you want to olny change while flying
    drop something like this

Code (CSharp):
    1. float smoothness = 8f;
    2. if (fly)
    3. smoothness = 2f;
    and add it to the line of code

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  42. Rowlan

Rowlan

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

44. Rowlan

Rowlan

45. XeeD

XeeD

Hey Malbers,
    I just bought the first LittleDragons set and it really looks amazing!
    I'm rather new to animation/controllers and I cannot make the dragons walk/move/fly at all (Keyboard WASD e.g.). Are there any settings I need to do to make your SampleScene work?
    Are there any issues with the CrossPlatformInputManager, because less than 50% of the displayed key in your canvas seem to work out of the box. Damaged, Die and sometimes Fly work. Thats it.

Maybe I'm just missing something really basic here but I'm kinda lost :)

Also is there a probere readme or tutorial somewhere?
    Thank you a lot and keep up the good work!

edit: I'm using Unity 5.4.0 Personal

46. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks! for supporting me.

Did you import the Standard Asset folder too? because they are really important in order to the sample scene to work, don't worry is just the things I'm using less than 1 mb I believe.

Edit: Im testing them in the new unity 5.4 , just at the start some errors on the CrossPlatformInputManager, check in it to solve it :)

Edit 2: All works fine on top of those errors.
    if the problem continues a solution will be to change in the DragoInput.cs all the
    CrossPlatformInputManager.GetAxis("..."); to Input.GetAxis("...");
    (CrossPlatformInputManager -> Input)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    XeeD likes this.
  47. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys the new aim mode is added to both assets, test it out here
    WebPlayer

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  48. br20o0ly

br20o0ly

"

OMG i missed it :eek:

no problem the animation worth the normal price

Malbers likes this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

haha one week was out! :D

50. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Yes the demo shows the better aim mode which is looking great, I noticed they turn more subtle when using the A/D keys Left/Right.. A big plus when jogging the Virtual Joystick on a Mobile device. Oh, I really dig the water section in the WebPlayer demo so we all went for a swim. Again looking forward in seeing these updates :D

Malbers likes this.