Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

Quick test in different environments using Enviro to change shading / weather conditions. The short story: Unka needs to keep the dragon eggs warm :D

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  2. holodevice

holodevice

Thanks for the great looking Dragons.

Little Dragons : Is it Compatible with Horse Animset Pro? Noticed the mounting for the Unka dragons. Love to use the mounting/riding on Little dragons.

Malbers likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

I just Upload the updates .....!!

maybe tomorrow or Tuesday will be available, a bunch of new features added to the little ones ;)

Rowlan and username132323232 like this.
  4. Slick_Nick

Slick_Nick

Hi!

Is Unka's controller/animations compatible with your other dragon packs models?

Malbers likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

It will be with the new update!
    Which should be available very soon today or tomorrow

6. Malbers

Malbers

LITTLE DRAGONS UPDATE IS LIVE ON THE STORE :)

7. Rowlan

Rowlan

I did not see that coming :eek: : Just tried the see dragons AI scene, had to see what it does. Then I added another dragon which I can control with my controller, i. e. I did nothing other than drag another dragon into the scene. Changed the target of the AI from sphere to the new dragon and now I'm playing fetch with the AI dragon. The awesomeness :)

Also tried the new animations: Yes, No, Petting and so on. It's really excellent, especially since this big update is for free. Thank you very much Malbers!!! I have to buy your next animal to show support, I feel I didn't pay enough for the dragons since I got them when they got released and they didn't cost much at the time :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Malbers and username132323232 like this.
  8. username132323232

username132323232

Hi Malbers, the updated Little Dragons look FANTASTIC! Any plans to add a Timeline-driven demo scene?

Malbers likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much @Rowlan for your amazing support! you rock!!

But I'm very very eager to use timeline and Cinemachine for all my assets! but I have being working non stop on updates, the 3 remaining animals , Horse Animset pro, which I have so much to thank in this last sale :)

but since we publishers need to support older versions of unity I haven't lift my Unity editor bar to 2017 yet :(

but yeah when I have some extra time on my hands i will prepare some timeline demos to see what I can do with the LDs

username132323232 and Rowlan like this.
  10. username132323232

username132323232

Still playing with the latest Mouse Dragon :) The new Animal controller rocks and the new animations are insanely good! Thanks!!!

I would like to change the LDM_AI Sample demo scene so that the dragon automatically flies up to a target that is suspended at Y=3 and stays there. Is this possibly?

Malbers likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

Theoretically it can be done ;)
    I mean you can at one point set Animal.Fly = true... and give him a direction with the Animal.Move()...

the Agents do not work on air so you will need to modify a bit the animal control...

Later I will add that feature to the animal control,
    to go to a point in the air... with no obstacle of course :)
    (my skills are far from making path finding on the air yet) :)

12. username132323232

username132323232

That would be very cool (and pretty natural for a dragon :)

13. holodevice

holodevice

Owsm!

Thanks.

Malbers likes this.
  14. ChristianGamesOnline

ChristianGamesOnline

Hi.
    Please help me out, how to mount Unka using Horse Animset Pro's cowboy?
    When I press F, nothing happens. I just use all the assets I bought for experimental videos, so I'm not a programmer, just a user.
    The dragon looks great, nice animations.

Malbers likes this.
  15. Malbers

Malbers

You need to have both Unka and Horse Animset Pro on your Project
    then Open the the UNKA HAP scene on this path:
    upload_2017-12-26_16-12-52.png

you should get all set it up for you (Unka with all the Mount Points, Mount Triggers, and Mountable Script)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  16. ChristianGamesOnline

ChristianGamesOnline

Works just great! Very nice extra feature! I really thank you!

It's maybe off-topic, but I have a unicorn horse, the greatest beauty I have ever seen (on horses). And I would like to mount it with the HAP cowboy. If there is a short solution.... I would like to hear.

Malbers likes this.
  17. ChristianGamesOnline

ChristianGamesOnline

18. Malbers

Malbers

I'm preparing a set of tutorial which they should be ready by January to make any animal from the store rideable with Horse Animset pro :)

19. Malbers

Malbers

How to set a gliding baby dragon ;)
    set the Lock Up to true
    and add to the On Fly Event => Animal.SetToGlide(6) you will get a gliding little dragon :) GlideF.gif

20. Rowlan

Rowlan

I totally have to use the baby dragon on papa dragon from your documentation :D

dragons.jpg

Malbers likes this.
  21. MaikRehder

MaikRehder

Hi,

anyone a tip on how the rotation doesn't stop the forward motion? I use only the keyboard for input.

Malbers likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

can you elaborate a bit more? I quite don't understand your issue..

23. MaikRehder

MaikRehder

If I let the dragon run (speed 3) and then turn left or right, the dragon reduces the speed. If I stop rotating, the dragon will speed up again. How can I prevent speed reduction? Shouldn't I run the rotation via the animator but let the dragon rotate by script?

Lars-Steenhoff and Malbers like this.
  24. ChristianGamesOnline

ChristianGamesOnline

Nice news! I'm really happy with your products. It's like you buy one-kilo banana, but when you arrive at home, it is multiplied or doubled on weight. :):):):):)

username132323232 and Malbers like this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

Founded!
    upload_2017-12-27_15-13-9.png
    just add this line of code (the selected one ) to the AnimalMovement.cs on the Move() Method. that should avoid the slowing down when rotating .

pixelsteam likes this.
  26. jacobellinger

jacobellinger

hello. I am a fresh newb to using Unity for anything. I have no background in animation or anything. what do I need to make these work in VRchat? I know vrchat does not like quadrupeds I just want the walking animations to work correctly. Do I need to use the animation scripts provided or can I use the ones from vrchat?

27. Malbers

Malbers

The controller and animation I provide is just a plus....
    the assets have all the animations and models needed to create you own controller ;)

if you want to use it with ChatVR (which I don't know what that is) you can :) use just the animations clips of the dragons.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Malbers

28. R1PFake

R1PFake

VRChat uses a custom animator controller as a template, you have to make an animator override controller and use the dragon animations there. So short answer: it's possible and you have to use the vrchat controller but that's way off topic so im not going to explain the details and there are already enough unity/vrchat step by step tutorials out there anyways.

29. username132323232

username132323232

When Mouse Dragon is under control of AI, is it possible to make him turn in place to face an object? Thanks.

Malbers likes this.
  30. francescobr

francescobr

I bought Unka yesterday since it really looks incredible. I still have to use it as I'm now in the designing phase of the environment, but I'm really looking forward to using it.
    I just have one question, is there any chance you'll be doing some monsters the same way you did animals and the dragons? I mean in that low poly style that's just great. Even being able to choose beetween different style like you did for Unka is simply amazing.

Malbers likes this.
  31. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

From what I gather he still has a few low poly animals to finish and also has HD versions of said animals planned, it would be a while before he could plan on making "monsters".

Malbers likes this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

I haven't thought of that possibility, when you give them a target they face it until they are on range of the Stopping distance. if the target is inside the radius of the stopping distance I believe the animal will do nothing :(,
    I will check it out to see what I can do :)

username132323232 likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

I have a monster but I haven't touch him in a long time.. I need to upgrade him to the last scripts versions..

34. Malbers

Malbers

True ;)

35. username132323232

username132323232

Yes, it would be cool if we could call some function like "turn N degrees in place" or "face an Object". That of course would be different from LookAt :) This way we don't have to depend on how NavMeshAgent handles arrival to the target position.

36. francescobr

francescobr

I already saw that but it's not lowpoly sadly! Please make some :D

Malbers likes this.
  37. zjuyyl

zjuyyl

I just bought
    Little Dragons: Tiger,and I found that it is about 40~50K tris , it is not suit for mobile, will you update for mobile about 2K tris in future?

Malbers likes this.
  38. zjuyyl

zjuyyl

I want buy all you dragons for our mobile game

Malbers likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there thanks so much for the purchase...

Yes the HD Style version is not mobile suitable..
    you can use for mobile the Toon, Box or Poly Art Style which are way less polygon heavy

username132323232 likes this.
  40. username132323232

username132323232

This is a modified LDM_AI Sample scene from the MouseDrago asset. As you can see, the dragon can't jump far enough to get to the C area :) How can we fix that? Thanks!

Untitled.gif

41. Malbers

Malbers

is because the Jump can reach that far :)
    for now the jump are animation based and the animation has limited reach :(
    the fix is to put closer C :p

I will try to add for next updates to activate the fly on flying animals on the offmesh links, that way it can solve a bit that problem

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  42. jrackley

jrackley

Just wanted to post a short vid to show some of our boss fight using Unka in action! What can I say, this is another absolutely steller asset from @Malbers! This is not fully polished yet, but off to a pretty decent start I think. I will finish programming the rest of the fight soon.
    I did forget to add the Boss fight audio(sorry).

43. jrackley

jrackley

The one thing I am having trouble with at the moment is to get the dragon to rotate towards the player while it is in the air doing the firebreath, seems no matter what I try I can not get it to work correct, yet.

44. username132323232

username132323232

That would be a great solution! Any idea when it will be available?

Malbers likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

Im Working on the Mount everything tutorial, then again Update all the Integrations for HAP, and then the bear :)
    with the bear I will improve the AI animal Control and include the AI fly or the AI :)

BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  46. username132323232

username132323232

Thank you! I know you're busy with all the animals :), so I've been trying to come up with a temporary solution for this. When I manually call

Code (CSharp):
    1. Animal.SetFly(true);
    2. Animal.MovementForward = 1f;
    the dragon just stops in the air. Any suggestions how I could fix that?

fly.gif

47. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Hello.
    A month ago I bought a package "Little Dragons: Mouse". Recently I saw that a new package "Unka The Dragon" was released. I bought it, but I could not adjust the emotions (I need the emotion "eat"). Is this a bug or there is no emotion in the new package? Can I somehow add them (like using animations from the "mouse dragon")? Emotions are only in the package "Little Dragons: Mouse"?

Malbers likes this.
  48. gnomecake

gnomecake

Is it possible to have the sleep mode be an action/key instead of what happens after the character has been idle for long? I've been trying to toy around with it, but haven't had much luck.

(Also, Unka is amazing! I'm in love with him!)

Malbers likes this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

HI there Unka does not have actions an emotions animations besides Sleep, yet, I will add those on future updates..
    and unfortunately you can't use the animations from other packages, at least is not that simple...
    Yes you can!!
    use Animal.SetAction(6) which is the ID for the Sleep Action Transition.

Elfinnik159 likes this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers

I made a quick fix to the animal AI
    set an off mesh link with the tag of "Fly"
    upload_2018-1-19_13-57-28.png
    and use this modified Animal Ai Control ;)
    AI-Fly.gif

Attached Files: