Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

This thread is officially closed.
    Please continue posting your request and questions here on
    Malbers Animal/Creatures

14542491_204896046598705_2788875191471104747_o.jpg b313c4ee-06d8-4ab1-af80-08ff822a8697_orig.png fdf170ac-2d6e-4ca4-924b-7e9a648fa6a4_orig.png upload_2016-8-15_0-15-18.png Sea White Eyes.png

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Adorable!!!

macdude2 and Malbers like this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  4. rerwandi

rerwandi

Its so cute <3
    How is the price ?

macdude2 and Malbers like this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

17$ :D (Pending Review)

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  6. rerwandi

rerwandi

Sounds good for the price. Can't wait to play with them :)

Malbers likes this.
  7. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Instant buy, as soon as it's on the store!!! Wow, really beautiful modelling and animating. $17 is an absolute steal for the amount of work you must have put into this!

Malbers likes this.
  8. rerwandi

rerwandi

Malbers likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks Bhanshee00 for you support :D, that is the initial price, lets see how first lol

Amazing Archery Kit , Love the game play , my little dragons seem adorable but inside they are heartless killing machines :D:D:D

10. rerwandi

rerwandi

Anyway, my assets accepted in only 3 days.
    hope to see yours very soon :)

Malbers likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

Guys!! the little dragons are out!!!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  12. magique

magique

Gorgeous and amazing animations and controller. I am getting this today and already have a game in which he shall be the co-star. Thanks for such a great asset.

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  13. rerwandi

rerwandi

Just bought.
    Time to spent my time with this little adorable dragons :D

14. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks guys for your support
    I'm making another series so you will get more dragons ... eventually :D:D

15. rerwandi

rerwandi

More Dragons!! WooHoo~!! :D :D
    I don't know whats your plan but my dragons (mine, i bought it) seems need some friends and villains.

16. magique

magique

Just purchased it. I'm actually planning to make the dragon a power up mode where the player temporarily gets to be the flying dragon to reach high places and do specialized tasks. It's for a Wii U mini-game that I'm working on right now.

17. Malbers

Malbers

Great!! I will love to see them in action ....
    PSD: as Requested we are adding also a realistic dragon with realisitc textures in this style (so like how to train your dragon), kinda toon but realistic

18. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Woohoo! Thank you Malbers. Utterly gorgeous. The animations have so much attention to detail. I also have to thank you for that pretty cool controller you've included. Some great scripts overall actually.

I've actually partially redesigned the game I'm working on just to make these little guys (or gals?) the centrepiece. :)

Can't wait to see what you create next!

Malbers likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks Bhanshee00,
    I'm working on the next set of 5 friends for this little guys, and with every package release the animations will increase too, and because I learned how to swim with the horse, that will be the next set of animations I'll include, that means an update of this package and more animations for the future packages:), also I need to feed my horses hahah they are hungry for updates again :D:D

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  20. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Just a heads up, I don't know how the Asset Store works, but your lovely dragon critters haven't shown up in the "New on the Asset Store" section. More people should be exposed to these beauties! :)

Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

Thats right Banshe I was hoping that this time UAS Team will put me there but I was mistake again :(:(. same happened with my dothraki horses

EDIT: Looking into the "New on the Asset Store" section the newest asset there is from june 23 ... so there's still hope ....

fingers cross

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  22. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Doh! The price jumped on me... heheh.. Gonna go ahead and try to work these lil guys into some of my stamp pack videos this weekend. The look too cute not to at least try.. lol And with the realistic skin option down the road, I'd be getting it later anyways.. :)

EDIT: Getting an error for the Pivots script because Pivots already exists in my project in the global name space. Really should have a namespace for your c# scripts to avoid conflicts. All of my assets are in a BackwoodsGaming folder and I then put any scripts I reuse in different packs in a common framework folder. This allows me to use the BackwoodsGaming namespace for most of my scripts. In separate folders, you might want to use a combo of Malbers.assetname for your namespaces. But that will prevent errors like the one I'm getting for Pivots. :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Bhanshee00 likes this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

Hahaa, that's the final price Shawn67, I didn't think that unity will update it that fast, I has hoping one week at least.
    My modeller is already working on the skin textures... on Cuba, without internet haha so Hopefully when he comes back he will give me some good news with the new realistic skins ;).

Thanks for the tip, I need to start to get a little more organized with my assets, there a lot of new share script between them

Cheers Malbers

24. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

No worries. Even at the new price it is still a great deal.. Just caught me off guard. heheh

One other thing about scripts.. I still haven't used this or horse animset pack but I think I remember seeing somewhere that you had custom controller or something in standard assets? Like I said, haven't used either yet, but if you do.. I always deselect standard assets folder when I import asset packages. I'd recommend if you edit any of them or make new custom versions, Ctrl-D to duplicate so Unity recognizes the one you edit as a new object and then move to a folder in your asset folders. This would also require adding namespace to any scripts since there would now be two versions. But a lot of us don't import standard assets because of issues with different versions of standard assets with new unity versions. I'll throw you a PM with feedback/any suggestions once I get to working with both packages.. .Hopefully tomorrow... :)

Malbers likes this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

That is good to know, Honestly I don't change or touch anything on the Standard Assets, but I always use some of them...for example the free camera rig (Basically I'm Lazy to make a camera rig and this one works fine :D),
    or a few Image Effects, That helps Sale the Asset a little more. but never change the code, and always remove all other standard assets I don't use for size related.
    On the horse I use the 3rd and 1st person as an example for the Rider, but never touch inside the scripts, But I get what you meant, some other costumers have not imported the SA, thinking is the full package, or have there own character controller and don't need the SA and some of my scripts have reference to them. and they have to comment some of my code.

But Thanks so much for the feedback!! they are very welcome always.. I will work to improve it always in every way I can

26. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup.. As long as you document which standard assets are required, I'm good to go.. That way I can make sure I have the version that matches my Unity version installed.. And no problem on the feedback.. If I ever give too much, just tell me to shut up already... heheh But I'm always glad to help other asset publishers when I can if they are open to it.. :)

Right now I'm trying really hard to stay focused.. But I REALLY want to just scrap everything to play with these little guys... lol

Malbers likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

Hi guys here is the other set I'm preparing...... now lets rig and animate!!
    Sea Dragons.png

Rowlan, BackwoodsGaming and midian808 like this.
  28. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Squee! Those new dragons will be an instant buy for me again (just like the previous cuties)! Hell, keep making dragons and we'll be able to make an entire dragoncentric game. Such high quality work!

Malbers likes this.
  29. rerwandi

rerwandi

Hope its comes with the same skins from before. So i can make an adult and child for the dragons.

Malbers likes this.
  30. Dionysos1111

Dionysos1111

Super cute!!! i already bought your horse asset which i really like ^^

Malbers likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

Haha Thanks I'm planning to do at least 5 sets of dragons, but one at a time :D

they come with these new skin hehe, do you mean UV distribution?

Thanks! working on new features for the horse and the new dragons at the same time:) I need to clone my self

32. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Guys I'm going Away on vacations to Cuba until August 5, that means almost no Internet, I will keep working on the new updates and new assets from there, I will try to check mail and forums every time I can, to help you if you run into any problems.

Have fun with the dragons!!

Cheers Malbers

33. Dionysos1111

Dionysos1111

Just bought the dragons, really nice asset!! But when i close unity with a dragon in the scene i get a unity crash bug report, nothing to really worry about while on your vacation ^^

Have fun on Cuba

Malbers likes this.
  34. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Dionysos1111 thanks...
    that is a bug from Unity 5.3.5 I believe.
    I reported several times, (Assuming you are using 5.3.5) In others versions of unity should work fine, if not I will check it when I come back..
    Cheers

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  35. linhlc

linhlc

can you make more "Dragons" same this style? i will buy all your dragons. please give me your mail or skype name!

Malbers likes this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

Hey, @linhlc I cant reply to the private conversation I don't know why, my email is malbers.shark87@gmail.com, I'm preparing 4 more sets of dragons same style so be patience, also I travel tomorrow to Cuba so I will be a little off the grid until 5th next month, but I will bring more dragons that's for sure, meanwhile you can work with these ones

Cheers malbers

Also check the last posted pic

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  37. linhlc

linhlc

thanks for reply. i sent private mail. hope to see your reply soon

38. mmvlad

mmvlad

Hi @Malbers ,
    great asset! What is the poly count/tris count of the model?

Malbers likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

2K unnamed.png

40. Dan2013

Dan2013

@Malbers
    So cute!! I love this asset.

Can you add an option to have smaller eyes like pikachu's eyes?
    I mean like some typical eyes of cats or dogs.
    pikachu_eye.png dog_eye.jpg

Currently, most dragons' eyes are like eyes in anime.
    anime_eye.jpeg eyes_23_3.jpg

I am not saying which one is better. I like both eye types.

Malbers likes this.
  41. R1PFake

R1PFake

Hello, i have a (noob) question. I tried to make a custom character controller with a custom animator. I used the prefab and removed all animators and added my custom animator. My animator works as expected but in the console i get a weird log error, that a eye animator event receiver is missing? I removed all animators from the prefeb including children, i also checked the eyes and i can't find where this "animator event" or error is coming from.

Malbers likes this.
  42. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

@R1PFake Malbers is on holiday until August 5 and won't be able to answer, but I can make a suggestion if you don't mind.

On the dragon prefab try keeping ALL the scripts that it comes with and then only replace the "Dragons" animator and "Dragon Controller" script with your own. That way you can use your own animator/controller but still keep the eyes and their animations without error.

Hopefully that helps. :)

43. R1PFake

R1PFake

Hello, thanks for the info and for the help. I will try it again this weekend.

44. dhotlo2

dhotlo2

Is there an easy way to make the head of the dragon face in the direction the mouse is facing in the FreeFormCameraRig? I like the movement of the dragon but want to make it shoot the fireballs where the camera is facing.

Malbers likes this.
  45. Rowlan

Rowlan

Where is the scene with the grass and also the one where the little dragon flies through the bridge, as advertised here:

All I could find is "Sample Scene" which includes the blueish toy ground where they can run up ramps and fly through rings.

This is indeed a AAA asset. Thanks a lot for this. It's super cute :)

46. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I think you might be mistaken. I don't see anywhere where it indicates the scenes in the video are included. I watched the video twice, looked at the product descriptions on both the asset store product page and the first post in this thread and can't find mention of any scenes. This package is for character models and animations.

47. Rowlan

Rowlan

Oh, that's bad. It looks so gorgeous. Does anyone know where the assets in the video are from?

Also a feature request, if I may: It would be great to have the horns as dedicated models attached, if possible, so that you can change their visibility in Unity.

And the big dragons are a must have, so sweet and the perfect addition. Is there an ETA when the asset will be available?

48. Malbers

Malbers

Hi guys I'm Back!!! thanks for all, the dragons are being love by everyone!!

if the eye animator is the one who is given you the error you just need to add the DragoEyes script,
    this script needs the eyes mesh and the eyesmesh animator component to work, just drag them to the slots

most of the animations clips have the eye animator event, to animate the blink, close and open eyes
    (int = 0 Close eyes)
    (int =1 open eyes and goto blink mode)
    upload_2016-8-6_10-48-13.png

49. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there , all the environment assets are free assets from the store, My asset are the little dragons, in the video I just put them in different environment to see how they blend on them, and they look amazing :D:D

Just go to the eviroment tab and search for free assets they are all there, the one with the beautiful grass is
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/49962

hope that helps

cheers malbers

New update coming soon!!

50. Malbers

Malbers

Here some Sneak Peak
    upload_2016-8-6_10-58-15.png
    upload_2016-8-6_11-2-29.png

more features, minor fixes
    and 2 new little dragon packages