Search Unity

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

Soon!, once the zbrush sculpt is ready!
    Sure I will test it out,

and also the best way form mobile is to activate the camera input mode so when you push the mobile controls forward the little dragons always go to the forward direction of the camera,

Rowlan likes this.
  2. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Wow, Camera input mode..! Ya I never thought of that thanks, I'll try this today... Not sure if that is good with other Camera Assets, but never know.. :D Oh, really awesome New Little Dragons update ))

3. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hello Malbers, Ya I tried to see what the camera input thing would do.. Not sure if it's any good for my Maze.. Too many twist & turns, collecting items... Maybe I missed something.. Anyhow I'm using a Virtual joystick with (sensitivity Curve) like a gas throttle so to speak, the camera follows baby Drago all over town :)

Also, we need a way to stop the dragons from falling asleep [and no not by timer] .. Timer doesn't work at the beginning of my game, people are having to push joystick forward like right away!!! or baby drago sleep like wittle baby :D Anyhow ya any ideas?

4. Malbers

Malbers

To stop the dragons from sleep at all, just mute the transitions in the animator for the sleeping (time out)

and about the camera yeah your right, the camera follows the dragon, so the input camera option is just for when you control the camera.

5. Malbers

Malbers

Here is a little preview for the big dragon :

17475429_1260017934063991_511555116_o.jpg
    This one will be mountable :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    R1PFake and Rowlan like this.
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

Very awesome! :)

7. R1PFake

R1PFake

Looks awesome, how long will it take until the pack release? Will it have the same price as the other dragon packs or different?

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

I*m working on several packages at the same time, the poly art animals, the Horse Update, and when my friend finish the model and textures I will start with the rig and animations of this dragon,
    also I want to make the animations compatible with the other big dragons in the Store, like Ea Bay Studios, ,profactor, etc...
    this one will come with riding animations specifically designed for this type of dragon.

the price is not set yet (I'm comparing prices with the competition), but I will have a first week an entry price then it will go up..

PS this will be the first of many big dragons coming soon.. Im adding more partners to my team! :D

Rowlan and R1PFake like this.
  9. R1PFake

R1PFake

Awesome, i love dragons more than any other game "monster". I will buy the big dragon as soon as i see the release, your little dragon packs are the best and perfect for my current vr project. The only thing that i am missing is sound effects, but you said that you will include them in later updates so i will wait :D

10. Malbers

Malbers

other monster could be this one :) which when I finish the Horse Update it will be mountable too,
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/58526

Sounds also will come when I finish the the HAP v.3 for the little dragons :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  11. Mister-D

Mister-D

it would be cool if some kind of small troll or orc drove that beast

Malbers likes this.
  12. Livealot

Livealot

The water FX in the SeaDragon pack is quite good and a nice bonus to an already fantastic character animation asset. It even looks good in VR with Oculus. But on SteamVR using Unity 5.6, the reflections are off. Is there an easy fix or a separate forum to get help with the Water scripts?

13. Malbers

Malbers

The water fx is in fact from the standard assets, nothing fancy there :) (I haven't jump into making shaders yet)

14. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

Can you reup image for "little preview for the big dragon" please ?

15. Malbers

Malbers

Here you go
    17475429_1260017934063991_511555116_o.jpg

ATeam_Production and Rowlan like this.
  16. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

17. Malbers

Malbers

Here's another update, more details! 17546690_290493781372264_2678923063256462955_o.jpg 17620148_290493788038930_4374268172654365253_o.jpg 17636999_290493784705597_3671683090863419073_o.jpg 17637072_290493811372261_8371326852232918715_o.jpg 17620220_290493814705594_3312333646718643393_o.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    llJIMBOBll, Rowlan and LadyAth like this.
  18. LadyAth

LadyAth

Can I just give you my credit card now? :D

Malbers likes this.
  19. tosvus

tosvus

Wonderful Dragon asset! Do you have any plans of adding more animations? I would particularly like to see one where the dragon lays down and gets a belly rub, similar to a puppy :) If not, any good advice on how to add animations? Thanks!

20. Malbers

Malbers

Hi @tosvus thanks for your kind words

I have a list of animation to add when I finish the animals and the horse animset pro update 3, I added belly rub to the quewe.

if you don't want to wait send me via email, your invoice number and I will be happy to give you the original file to make the animations. (I use 3dsMax and biped for rigging and animation)

tosvus likes this.
  21. tosvus

tosvus

Thank you, great support too I see! I'll post a 5 star review shortly! Thanks for the offer, but I do not own 3dsMax, so I will just have to be patient! :)

Malbers likes this.
  22. rickcollette

rickcollette

Love the dragons. Just to test I dropped the mouse dragon prefab onto a scene and get this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    DragoFire.CalculateDir () (at Assets/Little Dragons/Common/Scripts/DragoFire.cs:60)
    DragoFire.Update () (at Assets/Little Dragons/Common/Scripts/DragoFire.cs:131)​

Any ideas?

23. Malbers

Malbers

Hi!
    you will need to have at least a camera with "MainCamera" tag on it

24. rickcollette

rickcollette

I swear I thought I had... but clearly I did not.. thank you ;)

Malbers likes this.
  25. AsadMehmoodLogicon

AsadMehmoodLogicon

I bought the little dragon tiger a while ago but didn't got time to play around with it.
    I started working to checkout some scenes of it but somehow nothing is moving they all remains in idle position.
    please guide me how to manage to make them move according to their controlls

Malbers likes this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks @AsadMehmoodLogicon for the purchase,

Try this, if you download it time ago please update the asset,
    and try it in an Empty project first..

Also could you tell me what unity are you using in case that the version you're using is causing a compatability issue

27. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

Hi Malbers,

We are ready for a ride on the back of THE big dragon ;)
    "and when my friend finish the model and textures I will start with the rig and animations of this dragon" > are you there ?

28. rerwandi

rerwandi

29. Malbers

Malbers

:D:D

My partner is still working on the retopology and after that the textures...

But there's good news instead of one dragon will be having 2!! (I have another modeller in the team.)
    The one is almost finished: (4 legs and Back wings)
    and one like drogo: the classic Wyvern(Wing arms, two legs)

Rowlan, R1PFake and ATeam_Production like this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

ATeam_Production likes this.
  31. ATeam_Production

ATeam_Production

Bigger team, more to come !!!
    I like to read this news !

Malbers likes this.
  32. R1PFake

R1PFake

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to buy the dragons! I love dragons and wyvern looking dragons even more :D
    Do you have any screenshots of the Wyvern?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Malbers likes this.
  33. Simod

Simod

Hi Malbers,

Thanks a lot for Sea Dragons asset. I did some play with these cuties today. A quick question: is there reason movements are tied to physics timer? Things are looking quite odd if tweaking Timers in the Unity :) For example increasing "Fixed Timestep" will lead to jumpy movements.

For fun: how about some sea Furry dragons? :p
    And yes looking forward for your four legged winged big guy for similar experiments

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  34. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks Simod for owning LDS :)

maybe the odd timer in unity and animators have something to do with this:

and of course! WHAAAAT NVIDIA HAIRWORK un UNITY :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

AMAZING!!!!!

Im seeing all my furry animals very hairy in the future! :D

35. Simod

Simod

Yes everyone will be hairy how :D

The Slow Motion video tutorial I am afraid offers defective solution for the Physics case. You may also check my comment under "Alexander Russo" there.
    Speaking short: instead changing "Time.fixedDeltaTime" one should set "Interpolate" in Rigidbody. This option interpolates transform and rotation in between two Physics frames, hence no jumping of active rigid bodies.

A bit more details. "Time.fixedDeltaTime" is a very tricky guy. And a different values will lead to different results. I would use it only for performance reasons, t.e. setting to higher value (more than 0.02f) will give some performance boost, yet have to deal with consequences. At least I had such issues before when developing tank controller with realistic physics.
    I want say not an "issues" - but a nightmares! :p

Also good to mention - HairWorks, while it does simulation separately from Unity, setting fixed timer (yes it also has it) in two different values will show two different results.

PS. Ahem... actually, why I mentioned this problem in previous message. The controller script for Sea Dragon makes hairs jumpy. You may see that problem in the end of the video. It happens because HairWorks is following skinning information, based on bones. Bones are jumpy because model is jumpy ... ahem... not seen visually, but it happens internally.
    And the problem spreads more if setting TimeScale to lower values - t.e. dragon model starts jumping, camera jumping and ets.

Malbers likes this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

Humm, maybe reactivating the key frame reduction in all the animations can fix the problem,
    I always deactivate that option because I don't want to "smooth" the animations unnecessarily and in cases of humanoid rigs some animations details on the feet can be lost . But in this case you can give it a try.

Select al the animation files and in the animations tab choose key frame reduction.

Try that and tell me.

37. Malbers

Malbers

Now is My turn! Biggest-sale-ever!.png

38. Simod

Simod

Hi Malbers,

I tried, and it did not help. Also setting Time.Timescale to lower values (slow motion) will lead to jumpy animations and jumpy camera.

39. Malbers

Malbers

Hum .... lets try this, check instead of the game view the scene view , so we can know for sure if is the camera or the dragon.

40. Simod

Simod

Yes, both camera and dragon in the scene having same behavior. Btw you can test that too. Just set "Time.Timescale" in editor to 0.13f

The dragon animation can easily be fixed by setting "UpdateMode" to "Animate Physics" in the "Animator", which is logical as long as interpolation is necessary between key frames and only once per screen frame.

Although camera and dragon movements are tight to physics timer in the scripts, I think this is where problem comes from.

41. Malbers

Malbers

No worries, I found an issue with the camera, so thanks for that :)

42. Malbers

Malbers

Guess who I have in my possession :p:p its time to make some rigging and animations!!!!
    upload_2017-4-26_22-12-46.png

What do you think guys? a little bigger? or that size is OK?, I mean it can always be scaled down or up, but for the sake of the mounting dismounting animations

43. Simod

Simod

I had my research in dragons (guess why :) ) some time ago. This could be helpful

Update:
    Here is the character sheet: http://alectorfencer.deviantart.com/art/Korel-Charactersheet-194122855
    The calculation based on the top (top right corner of the image) view of the character.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Malbers likes this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

45. LadyAth

LadyAth

Looks amazing to me! Really spectacular work :):):):):):):):)

Malbers likes this.
  46. lod3

lod3

@Malbers Any chance of exporting a WebGL demo since Webplayers no longer work?

47. Malbers

Malbers

the Demos for the Little dragons? they are already exported to webGL

48. R1PFake

R1PFake

Do you have any new informations about the big dragons? They look awesome so far :D Will there be different color options? Do you also have a screenshot of the "wyvern" typ big dragon?

49. Malbers

Malbers

The big dragon has some substance materials... they will have the standard colors but you will be able to customize it to your needs.. :)

As soon as I finish the HAP v3 update I will start animating the 4 Legged Dragon.

Here is some of the Work In progress of the wyvern.
    DragonZB01.jpg DragonZB04.jpg unnamed (3).jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    LadyAth, Rowlan and R1PFake like this.
  50. WoodenDragon

WoodenDragon

Wow, thats really amazing work Malbers, you and your team are doing a fantastic job! I really can't wait to get my hands on these!

Do you have an ETA as to when you think either of these will be available?

@Malbers , @Tryz - I see you added Ootii Integration to your HAP asset, would you consider adding this integration for your dragon assets as well?

Thanks for all your efforts!

Malbers likes this.