Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. JordanCrosby

JordanCrosby

I was curious if anyone could help me with setting up the controls so that I may use them with a controller ( i have a PS4 controller available) I am having trouble mapping the controller as I am not a strong programmer anyhelp would be great thank you.

2. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Jordan, Did you try with Control Freak 2? is quite easy to do it , just follow the Tutorials

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

@Malbers: I notice a new avatar image of yours. It looks great! Please share details :D

Malbers likes this.
  4. R1PFake

R1PFake

Malbers and Rowlan like this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

New Wolf Coming soon ;)

Rowlan likes this.
  6. rerwandi

rerwandi

Edited

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  7. Rowlan

Rowlan

New update is live :)

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

Just minor update, removed Standard assets for better compatatbility, new asset store rules

9. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hi Malbers, Awesome update to the Little Dragons Asset... Works perfectly in my New Game... Cheers! :D

10. Malbers

Malbers

thanks @Cyber, I removed all the unnecessary standard assets, is cleaner that way ;)

11. headkitgames

headkitgames

Hi! I just bought the Mouse Dragons and tried to move them in the demo scene - nothing happened! I use Unity 5.5 1f1 on macOS. thnx!

12. Malbers

Malbers

Hiiheadkitgames thanks so much for the purchase!

Did you try it on an empty project or did you included in another project?
    if so, please check the inputs on the DragoInput Script.. match your inputs on the Unity Input System

Did it throw any errors or warnings?

13. headkitgames

headkitgames

I really like your characters. thank you.
    I just imported the package into a fresh project and opened your demo scene. never changed anything on the input, so they are in default state.
    I am interested in learning about how to move the dragon and how to trigger the action animations. I never worked with Animator Controllers, so I am kind of newbie.

14. Malbers

Malbers

I just imported on 5.5.1f1 and everything is working fine, every body moves as expected (on windows)
    I don't know if some how this could be the problem but there's no harm to try
    upload_2017-2-6_16-37-8.png

try this, restart unity and reimport the package

15. headkitgames

headkitgames

thnx for the quick help. I will try a fresh import.
    the thing is, when I pressed 'K' the kill animation started fine.

16. headkitgames

headkitgames

in a fresh new project all works fine. hm...

Malbers likes this.
  17. headkitgames

headkitgames

I found the reason: it is because I switches the deployment plattform to iOS. how could I fix this? at least I want to make the dragon move to touch/click position or trigger animations by code - any tips? thnx!

18. Malbers

Malbers

To trigger Action/Emotions animations you just need to access the int ActionID public property and set it to the equivalent for the enum value for the action. (if you are not using the action zones)
    the good example is the action zones code .
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public DragonController.ActionsEmotions actionEmotions;
    2. ///.....
    4. DragonController mydrago = other.GetComponent<DragonController>();
    6.         if (mydrago)    mydrago.ActionID = (int)actionEmotions;
    7. /// and set action to true if you want to do it by default when tapping or clicking
    8. mydrago.Action = true;
    9. ///.....
    to make it point click to move you will need to make a navmesh agent for it and instead of using the drago input you will need to create your own input system,
    the good thing is all parameters are exposed for the dragoscript. (horizontal, vertical, jump, attack , etc...)

you can see what I did for the drago input and modify to make your own

hope that helps

19. headkitgames

headkitgames

I allready tried to set the actionID like in the action zone script (found the tip before in this thread), but nothing happened. I will try on!

20. headkitgames

headkitgames

Of course you need to disable Mobile Input if you want to test keyboard input ;-)

21. headkitgames

headkitgames

Does anyone here have a quick tip on how to make the Dragon move to a defined position without keyboard input but only by script?

Rowlan likes this.
  22. Rowlan

Rowlan

Interesting question. I'd need that as well. Point to a direction and let a dragon walk there, fly there, fire-breathe there, etc.

23. Malbers

Malbers

I will make the upgrade as I did with the animals to make it work with the navmesh agent, a basic AI that you can modify to a point click movement. Like this: Min 3:16

24. Rowlan

Rowlan

Something for terrain would be great :D

25. Keitaro3660

Keitaro3660

OMG this is it!! XD
    anyway the Magic Mode is really a brilliant feature!! haha

Malbers likes this.
  26. wolfnet18

wolfnet18

One problem and one suggestion:

If you ramp up the flight speed to anything over 10, the model struggles to fly properly, regardless if you change the animation speed. Not sure why,

and as for the suggestion to the package, Flight and Swimming Barrel Roll animation!

27. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

The fox looks great, will get it on my shopping list :)

Malbers likes this.
  28. Rowlan

Rowlan

Malbers likes this.
  29. headkitgames

headkitgames

Would be great to find out how to make the dragon walk along a path or to a specific point!
    :)

30. headkitgames

headkitgames

dragonController.ActionID=(int)DragonController.ActionsEmotions.Scared;
    dragonController.Action=true;

does nothing. what am I missing?

31. headkitgames

headkitgames

got it:
    I wrote my own input manager and replaced the Action-Setter call in DragoInput with my Own GetKeyDown method:

InputManager.GetKeyDown(action);

staticpublicboolGetKeyDown(KeyCodekeyCode){
    returnInput.GetKeyDown(keyCode) || InputManager.ForcedKeyDown(keyCode);
    }

then when I set the action to be animated

dragonController.ActionID=(int)DragonController.ActionsEmotions.Scared;
    dragonController.Action=true;

that action can be triggered in DragonInput like when I press the E-key. ;-)

Malbers likes this.
  32. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hi Malbers, I'm giving away 500 (FREE!) copies of New Maze Game.... So actually if anyone would like to see Baby Dragon getting saved (More help the better!). My Game took 1000+ hours to make, and it's Freakin' Awesome cause I modelled the entire Maze from Scratch! Malber's Fantastic Tiger creation is Epic! :D
    Anyhow, if interested - E-mail: cyber.twenty12@gmail.com

and I'll E-mail Free promo codes to anyone interested :D
    I almost forgot, I need a quick comment & rating please... Hence why I'm giving it away; and I really would like to see everyone enjoying this...

NOTE: The code gives you it for Free! After pasting in the Redeem box. Also I'm updating the Joystick system today I hope (Swaps sides both Joystick & Fire1). So please bear with me, right now if you touch the lower left or lower right screen, the Virtual joystick becomes visible; I think better if I have Joystick always Visible :D

Here's the Link to check out some pics, description: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GlennGiesbrecht.MysticMAZE&hl=en

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Malbers likes this.
  33. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Since I'm still hanging about, I have a question regarding a problem (Baby sleeps almost right away, after Egg opens up). So, in order to wake the little Beast; Must move the Joystick Forward!! Yes Forward!! K, I can totally dig this, however if this (Sleep thing stuff) can be totally turned off via setting please let me know k TY! Malbers for such incredible Dragons.

34. Malbers

Malbers

sorry I didn't answer you this this weekend, I'm glad you solve it

35. Malbers

Malbers

just put a big number in go to sleep parameter, that should work

36. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Thanks, ya I did that I put 120 seconds there but the little guy still lyes down after I think 5 seconds after the egg cracks open... This is only if you don't use the joystick right away... Other than that, he does wait 120 seconds once you actually start moving around and stop... :D
    Also I've had some Awesome feedback on the Baby dragon character, the little guy is a *star it seems... We gonna get him home to daddy soon, yes lol indeed..

Malbers likes this.
  37. headkitgames

headkitgames

What would be the best way to make the Dragon jump and set it to fly via script? Should I yield waitforseconds after the jump?

38. Malbers

Malbers

Use the method: isJumping(float normalizedtime, bool half)
    Code (CSharp):
    2.         /// <summary>
    3.         /// This will check is the Dragon is in any Jumping State
    4.         /// </summary>
    5.         /// <param name="normalizedtime">the normalized time of the Jumping Animation</param>
    6.         /// <param name="half"> true to check if is the first half, false to check the second half</param>
    7.         /// <returns></returns>
    8.         public bool isJumping(float normalizedtime, bool half)
    9.         {
    10.          ///....
    11.         }
    for example to check if the dragon is jumping and if is in the higher point of the jump you can try this

Code (CSharp):
    1. if(isJumping(0.5f,false))
    2. {
    3. fly = true;
    4. }
    that will return true if the dragon is on the second half of any jump

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  39. brentcataldo

brentcataldo

Hey Malbers!
    First time poster, long time lurker! I really like your assets. Beautiful models and textures, such gorgeous animations. And your prices are amazing value!

I have a question regarding movement speeds. When I increase walk speed in the Inspector, it increases the speed of the character walking away from camera, but it seems to deduct that value for approaching camera. And increasing the value too high makes the approach so slow, the character starts moving in reverse (i.e., it plays the walking forward animation, but moves in the reverse direction).

Can you help with this? As it stands, the character moves too slowly for useful implementation in my 3d platformer. And there is just nothing else as beautiful, versatile or useful as the dragons in the Asset Store. Not to mention with such helpful, friendly support of the creator!

Cheers

40. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Bren there thanks so much for your kind words,
    can you make a screen recording to see what is happening, because I don't quite get the issue yet, is the camera that is problematic or the character? or both?

because if is the camera you can adjust the values on the script to make it stick to the character and not smoothly follow it.
    Play with the freelookcamera script values to get the settings you need

Hope that helps

41. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

I'm totally Excited to hear this !!! Wow! :D

42. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Looks like you have been busy while I've been away from Unity the past couple of months, @Malbers! Keep up the awesome work. I'll be working on catching up purchasing the dragon packs you finished while I was out over the next couple of months to get them ready to add to my game. I'm hoping to start back to work on it soon.

And grats on the animals. I'll keep watch on them in case I can find a spot to make use of them. Top notch work, as always.. :)

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much Shawn67 for your kind Words,

and to show you that I havent forgot about the little dragons here's a progress of the little dragon mouse Realistic

Rowlan likes this.
  44. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

AWESOME!!! Looks great!

I've been a customer far too long to think you had forgot. You just have a lot of different assets that you have to put attention into. :)

Keep up the great work!

Malbers likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

BigMouse-Screen.png
    poly.png Realistic1.png Simple.png

On Pending Review!

Also Included the basic AI of the poly art animals... and my Malbers Input Script,

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Rowlan and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  46. Malbers

Malbers

@Rowlan Mouse is live on the store!, and also the other updates :) , I modified a bit the code, to make it work with the basic AI

Enjoy!

BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  47. Testeria

Testeria

Hello,
    I just bought mouse dragons.
    Have some questions.

1. Would it be possible to modify bones at run-time? My dragons grow horns or wings after eating something and it would be nice if I could do this in-game. For now I just replace one prefab with another but is there another way to do this? You could also add some demo, maybe You have better way to do this (egg -> press key -> hatching -> baby dragon -> press key -> big dragon, etc.).

2. Any chance for more animations? Most important for me is "rolling" and "crawling" but some others would be nice, esp.:
    - "rolling" (like mario when it falls)
    - "crawling beneath" (when there is not enough vertical space)
    also:
    - "shake on edge" (walks to edge and trying not to fall),
    - "fall back" (walks backwards and fall)
    - "sliding down" (for now I'm using the idle one when dragon sits on back legs)
    - "hanging" (good for hanging or sliding from vertical wall like in platformers)
    - "wall jump" (with turning, to jump from wall to wall).

3. How to make a dragon with one colored eyes like this one:
    I want to make my dragons look more "robot-like" and this would be perfect with steel like skin :) Can this be done with mouse dragon models?

Would really appreciate rolling and crawling, hard to make them by myself, others can be replaced somehow.

Thanks for the good work and sorry for my english,
    Robert

48. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there Robert!
    thanks for the support! good news you can the mouse dragons to their final models updates.

to answer your questions..

1. I have in queue an script to morph from little dragon into the other ones, I have the Idea how to make it,
    Just need to store all the bones scales from every pose and make a kind of slider to blend between them, but Now we recently finished the mouse update, so I jump into the animals again and the horse V3. meanwhile my partner started to make the big scary not so cute older dragon model.

2. Im working on my day job by day, and by night in the poly art animals animations and horse V3, when I finish V3 I will the 3rd pass to the little dragons animations with a list I have from the requests. ;)

3. To make the eyes one look like that just add color on the emission slot in the material, that how i achieved that effect.

4. To make the animals more Robot Like you can duplicate the textures and modify it in Photoshop, and play with the normal maps, overlay metallic patterns in it..

you can use Quixel or substance :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Rowlan, BackwoodsGaming and Testeria like this.
  49. Rowlan

Rowlan

Preview please! :D

Malbers likes this.
  50. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Good morning Malbers :) Oh, I have a New update on my game... Mystic MAZE... Let me know if you find the Navigation system easier to Navigate k thanks... Also, question? What would be the easiest way to control baby Drago on a mobile phone? Plz let me know what you think, I'd be very happy)) to hear k thanks.