Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Wow! super kewl work... Anyway I'm using Unity 5.5b11 (Newest beta out), and there's a malfunction in the Egg hatching feature... Basically when the egg cracks; the baby dragon goes to sleep right away... Also, if I steer left or right again little guy goes to sleep right away.. So freakin' weird but Oh well.. I had to disable the egg hatching for everything else to work properly.. :D

2. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Cyber I will tested in that version to see what is causing that..

Hey Guys : Im going to visit Galapagos In Ecuador! So I will be offline this next week
    See ya all when I come back!

3. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

So jealous!!!! Have fun!!!

Malbers likes this.
  4. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

That would be awesome! Thank you, as I'd really like to keep this egg hatching feature in my New Maze Game using Unity 5.5 to finish it.. Also I really dig the 4 different random egg hatching stuff, I almost peed my pants laughing at how the baby Drago rolls out of the egg.. So very Kewl Malber! Please keep up the awesome work.... :D

5. ElBuho

ElBuho

Hi @Malbers

I've a couple of questions.
    1) Do you have a scheduled release date for the version of the little dragons asset with sounds?
    2) Please, can you include in one of your future upgrades of the dragons asset an animation for the dragons saying yes and another saying no? (with their head)

Thanks in advance.

6. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

omg those tigers are so freakin awesome! Another insta-buy for me! Malbers your work is so consistently awesome. Thank you so much for everything you are doing!

Now that you are branching out into other animals, would you be interested in taking requests??? (Sorry if I'm being cheeky. :) ). I've been looking around for a high-quality fox model for a while, and the only one that approaches your quality is like $150 which is way outside my price range. Anyway, just a thought. ;)

Enjoy your trip to Ecuador!

Malbers likes this.
  7. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Actually I think he's already in Ecuador.. I think he was just visiting the Galapagos Islands.. Would be super cool living so close to such a wonderful place. Visiting the Galapagos is on my bucket list!

Bhanshee00 and Malbers like this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

I have Fox, Wolf, Bear, Reindeer, Deer, Moose, panther/Cougar, wild-boar on queue, firstly on Poly art Style, eventually will evolve to realistic styles too, but fist I have to animate like crazy to finish all the animals.

Sounds are on queue, also the yes/no . thanks for the request.

I'm finishing the Sea Dragon big update to start with the sounds. the request animations.

I'm checking that after i finish the sea update in the next 2 days. I think it wont be a big deal the 5.5 egg hatching problem

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Did you know guys that you can make a eye material with high emission and you get a new set of magic eyes.
    just telling :D
    Edited: SuperCharged
    [Pending Review guys!]
    Sea White Eyes.png
    BackGround.png

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Rowlan, antoripa and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  10. Rowlan

Rowlan

Supercharged mode. Tattoos must glow as well :D

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

Super-awesome update, Malbers. The natural question is now: do they fire-breathe that supercharged color, i. e. can the fire color be changed as well? :D

Although, thinking of it, the blue color could then be ice, green could be poisonous gas, etc ... I have to toy around.

12. Malbers

Malbers

Actually is pretty easy to change the fireball prefab, I made one as an example, but you just need to duplicate the prefab , modify the particle system to an ice, poison or any effect,
    And in the Drago Fire script just change the fireball prefab to the one you made.

even you can try with some of the free particle effects from the store. One thing though, I use a rigidbody to launch the fireball, and to collide with any objects on the enviroment, so you will need to modify them a little bit.

Rowlan likes this.
  13. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks, Malbers. Is the landscape in the 2nd image from the asset store? Fits great to the awesome looking sea dragon.

14. Malbers

Malbers

http://u3d.as/a4i
    Snow Mountains, yeap they fit perfectrly, the water is the same of the standard assets included in the package, same to skybox

Rowlan likes this.
  15. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Well you've just made my dreams come true. Almost all those animals will be a perfect fit for my game (and even the ones that aren't I'm still going to buy anyway! :) ). The 'low poly' art style is the type of game environment I am making so those are exactly what I have been looking for.

Don't worry about taking your time with the animating. We all know (all your fans) how amazing your work is so I am sure we will all be patient. ;)

Malbers likes this.
  16. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Yep that's what I've been doing. I have a script on the dragons that makes their markings start glowing and fading when they get a powerup or use one of their special abilities.

Malbers likes this.
  17. ryan007007

ryan007007

I have a lot of programming experience but I am new to Unity and game development. I imported these dragons into my project and they looked great. When I changed my project to Android, the Dragons were only partially filled in. I messed with a bunch of Shader options but I wasn't able to figure out the issue. Has anyone gotten these dragons to work in an Android App? Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use for a mobile controller?

18. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Ryan, thanks for the purchase!

On the dragon input you need to change by code the input entry, from keyboard to mobile,

I use InControl for my mobile projects. that asset will do the heavy work for you, you can use any other alternative like Rewired ( is in Bonanza).

Control Freak!! is on 15$ in case you need to save some money ;)
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11562

With wich shaders did you messed?

19. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hey Malbers; hope your trip was exciting... I've been busy myself training the baby Dragon... Anyhow did you get a chance to check out the egg hatching problem I mentioned earlier? I'm using the new Unity 5.5.0f1
    Still same weird controller stuff.. K thanks :D

20. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

This has been my plan once I can get to the point of working on the spells and such of the different species of dragons in my game. Recolor the balls and bolts to indicate different types as well as trying to figure out how to add lightning bolts and such for storm dragons. Unless @Malbers wants to come up with an additional pack of extra spell effects/spells we can purchase to extend our Little Dragon's spell knowledge with before I am able to do myself.. heheh. I'd happily purchase a spell effects pack of different spells and icons if you build one Malbers! :)

YES! +1 on this idea... :)

Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks @Shawn67 but I will stick to character controllers, I could make some particles effects but I prefer make more animations and more characters, I get more fun doing that :D.
    I had an amazing time on Galapagos, a bit expensive but worth it!!
    I'm installing 5.5.0f2 to check it now.

Cheers

22. Malbers

Malbers

Cyber I tested it on 5.5.0f2 and all worked fine with the egg cracker, (Sea dragon)
    Could you please send me a screenshot of the problem?

23. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hi, I just installed that new unity 5.5.0f2
    I'll play around, c if everything is cool.. :)
    Everything seems good Now with the Egg
    Hatching stuff... Perhaps it was a bug with Unity.
    Thanks again, keep up the Amazing! Stuff.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Malbers likes this.
  24. Rowlan

Rowlan

The update is live and it is awesome! :)

Malbers likes this.
  25. xmanoux

xmanoux

Hi
    Any plans to have audio with animation?

26. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there, Im working on the Audio for the horse, so Im making a generic Audio system to use in all my assets so yes! audio for the little dragon are coming too!

Cheers
    Malbers

ElBuho, BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  27. xmanoux

xmanoux

Nice !!
    I have rewrote some parts of DragoController and DragoInput cos my puzzle gameplay is too specific (for exemple, I needed some layer where the drago can asbolutly not land, auto-fly at some speed, fireball behaviour is dependant from puzzles, camera moves are only toward Z-axis ) . I hope the update will be not too painful . (my first atempt was to inherit your controllers to keep updates easy, but methods are mostly private)

28. Malbers

Malbers

I'm working on a sound system using animator behaviours, and is attached to their specific animation state, so if you have your own animator, you just attach it to the animator states, and put the respective audio clips (multiple if you want so execute randomly), and it will send it and play it into the dragon controller audio source.

So I think it will be very easy to integrate

xmanoux and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  29. xmanoux

xmanoux

Hey Malbers, do I have a proper way to speed up the sleep->idle transition ?

30. Malbers

Malbers

yeap...
    just modify the speed in the animation state, or the transition time, or both

31. Rowlan

Rowlan

That tiger animation where you play with the ball at around 2:22:

the dragons want that too :D

Malbers likes this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

Do you mean directional damage??
    sure haha added to the list for the next update :D

For next animation updates I have this so far:
    -6 Directional hit. (tiger and ball)
    -yes
    -no
    what else do you need guys?

33. Rowlan

Rowlan

Definitely lots of petting and caressing like you do with the directional damage in the tiger video, but in a way of love :D

Malbers likes this.
  34. Rowlan

Rowlan

Is it possible to scale the fire balls and breath depending on the dragon's scale? If I scale the dragon from 1 to 3, then the fire breath remains small. Best would be to allow additional parameters.

Also, unity 5.5 has some awesome fire effects :)

35. Rowlan

Rowlan

I just toyed around a bit with the realistic dragons. In case anyone wants to use the dragons in VR, I can confirm that they work very well. This video doesn't do it justice, it looks stunning when you have it right in front of you. This is only a quick concept:

Also, it works very well in combination with UBER standard shader:

Btw @Malbers: a landing animation would be great :D

Hawk0077, BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

Rowlan Amazinn effects!!

About the fireball scale: you can duplicate the prefab and modify the particle effects to make it smaller, and then added to the drago fire script.

But I will added to the list too.

I put these request to the list:
    - 6 Directional hits
    - 6 directional petting anims
    -Yes anim
    -No anim
    - Landing animation.
    -Customizable Fireball/FireBreaths

As soon as I finish with the Horse/Animals Update/Releases I will jump right into the dragons again.

37. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you, Malbers it worked. I also tried more dragons and UBER thaw effect. I must say I'm more and more impressed by the work you put in. You truly give the dragons life :)

Hawk0077, BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  38. Rowlan

Rowlan

I have another suggestion: In addition to the directional petting anims it would be great to have the dragon smell at a target (also maybe eat from it or pick something from it).

Example: Dragon stands in front of me in VR, I hold food and it comes closer with its nose and smells the food, of course depending on where i hold it. There is that animation already in the asset. Is that doable already? I've seen it being done on the floor. I'd need it in the air, depending on where my hands are.

Malbers likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

I will need to make some changes in the animator to make it work, and make some additive animations for the head, also now that you said that, I will also make it look to a target, not just the camera forward view.
    Put it on the queue ..

Bhanshee00 and Rowlan like this.
  40. R1PFake

R1PFake

This can already be done with the current version with some coding/animator changes...

41. bee_frog_rabbit

bee_frog_rabbit

I love your work! I am trying to add an AI agent and figure out how best to get the dragons to follow a navigation path ( and respond to user interaction ) while looking really cool. Any recommendations on what would be best to choreograph path following with the animation controller?

42. Malbers

Malbers

There is a easy way to make it, other guys has made it already

All my assets have the input controller, so I feed to the dragon controller the vertical and horizontal axis, and updown axis
    that will make a 3 vector. (moving)....
    instead of using the input script feed to the controller an AI script with these values...
    also all important variables are exposed that you can activate like fly, attack, others are automatized like fall, or swim.

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Malbers

43. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hello Malber... I'd like to say Thank you so much for the best Animated Dragons Ever seen!
    I just finished my very first Android Game using Baby Dragon & Daddy Dragon... Any comments
    would be awesome in making it better; I modeled the Entire Maze from Scratch so hope that people enjoy it and have fun playing it... The Goal of the game is to get baby drago home to Daddy; collecting items along the way, Again Thank you! Oh, I'll drop a Link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GlennGiesbrecht.MysticMAZE

Malbers likes this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

Amazing cyber!! I cant download it here from Ecuador for some bulls*it laws, because I'm Cuban I don't have some advantages here like a credit card, so I can't buy it :(.
    but I can give you some feedback ... the icon... you should make one ;), not just a stretch screenshot of the main image, the icon is the first thing that a costumer see, so you should put a extra effort on it, also a video so see some of the game play..

also if you make it free and put some rewards adds, not a every 2 min obligatory add, you will get more downloads and more views :D .

cheers malbers

45. bee_frog_rabbit

bee_frog_rabbit

I was on the right track then. I had modified the controller script for the Vertical and Horizontal, as well as the exposed variables. I think the one I was missing had been the updown axis. I will modify it and see if it looks better.
    Thanks!

46. R1PFake

R1PFake

any infos about the sound update? :D

47. Malbers

Malbers

Let me finish first the Horse Sound update to then squeze the little dragons Sound update :D

48. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Thank you Malbers, that was some great advice.. And ya the icon I have needs to get hucked out lol.. I never was satisfied with how it looked.. Also, yes I'm going to throw a video out there, just going to figure out the best way of doing this.. Again TY! :)

Malbers likes this.
  49. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi @Rowlan ,

Did you managed to made also an controller for flying dragons for VR? Thanks!

50. Rowlan

Rowlan

I didn't try yet.

unityunity