Search Unity

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. neoshaman

neoshaman

Unlogick on the unity forums has developed such feat, however it's not released because of UI to realized and focus elsewhere, so maybe it's time for a team up?

2. Malbers

Malbers

?????
    I'm lost o_Oo_O

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Any ETA when the updates will be available? Unity is sooooo slow these days with adding stuff to the store from what I've heard.

4. antoripa

antoripa

Any plan for a "bundle" with all the dragons ?

5. Malbers

Malbers

All updates and new asset are out, now is in hands of the unity team. :(:(

I have no plans to create a dragon bundle, there still 2 dragons to make left and the supremee mountable dragon "Big Daddy", but they are very far on the queue.

but if you get the dragons the first week they come out they will be very cheap (17$ fist week, then 25$, and when the 3 other styles comes out 35$)

antoripa likes this.
  6. antoripa

antoripa

At the end is a "bundle" at least to me .. cool ...

7. ElBuho

ElBuho

Hi @Malbers

Have you thought about adding sounds in a future release?

Thanks.

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! that the next update

R1PFake and ElBuho like this.
  9. ElBuho

ElBuho

What good news!
    Thanks.

Malbers likes this.
  10. R1PFake

R1PFake

Sounds in the next update? Omg yes please!

Malbers likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

So that's why updates and new assets are very slow these days to release :(

12. Rowlan

Rowlan

Which means they will be even slower soon, that time interval hasn't reached us yet :(

13. Malbers

Malbers

Yeap, is slow now, after that day will be an eternity

14. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hello! Lots of great News.. I almost forgot to ask for a feature... OK so is it possible to add a [button] to "Enable" Auto Fly mode for Mobile use, rather than having to press Q or button.. So if the dragon runs off a cliff for example; As I already have a Virtual joystick on the left of screen, with a Fire button on the right.. Ty! :D

15. Malbers

Malbers

Both Updates are out guys, Sea and tiger!!

16. Malbers

Malbers

I added to the list

17. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys Mouse Dragon is Public!! yay :D:D

You know, one Week 17$ started price

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

Awesome! Just bought it. Tbh I don't need the mouse package, but since the awesome tiger update is for free one has to show support :D

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much @Rowlan, remember all packages will get the realistic upgrade soon and the other styles too, so is a great deal to get it now :)

BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  20. Rowlan

Rowlan

The upgrade is out as well, already have it. It's so awesome, thank you very much! :)

Malbers likes this.
  21. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Same here. All the dragons are an insta-buy for me just so I can show some support. Also, I am pretty sure I can come up with a reason to use them. lol They are just SO good!

Malbers and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  22. Apfelmusbaum

Apfelmusbaum

I like your dragons very much, just bought the mouse version a few moments ago.
    Are there plans to add more animations for interactions like eating, drinking, licking, pushing and pulling?

Malbers likes this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

Eating and drinking are there! you can use it at the same,

licking, pushing and pulling I will add them to the list, thanks!!!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  24. Malbers

Malbers

Some more new screenshots!
    and working on the models upgrade for the sea :D fdf170ac-2d6e-4ca4-924b-7e9a648fa6a4_orig.png b313c4ee-06d8-4ab1-af80-08ff822a8697_orig.png 60113b23-6daa-4e44-b580-9500408265f2_orig.png c01e94f6-2a17-4ec0-955c-9ad85692f0bf_orig.png

25. Rowlan

Rowlan

Awesome! Which environment assets did you use here?

26. Malbers

Malbers

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Rowlan likes this.
  27. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Absolutely, Truly! Epic! Updates... Yes, MalberS does it again TY! I really enjoy the baby dragon getting out of the Egg.. I have a couple of questions..
    1. Is the dragon rolling out (getting up) from the Egg a random thing?; seems different each time I start the game.

2. Is there a "Clapping" animation for celebration type thing?
    I have a game I'm working on that at the end, Mom and Dad will be clapping their hands together to celebrate the return of the little one.. Anyhow if possible could you add this to your Feature list? TY! :D

Malbers likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

Im glad you're enjoining the new updates.

I will add the new animations request to the queue.

the egg hatching has 3 animations all are randoms every time they are play, make a random behavior on the animator to call them different every time :D

By the way the new styles are coming also now for the sea little dragon so , if you want it go for it now before the price goes up ! just saying haha

14877726_1119523334780119_2093178959_n.jpg

BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  29. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hello thanks for the quick reply.. And yes I bought both the "Little Dragons: Tiger & Little Dragons: Sea" soon after you released them. Looking forward to more cool features :D

Malbers likes this.
  30. xmanoux

xmanoux

Hello
    Are your amazing little dragons mobile friendly ? Is there less-poly versions for mobile or distant view on all packs ?

Malbers likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

yes, they are mobile friendly the models are 2K polys, if you need even less poly count let me know
    cheers malbers

32. xmanoux

xmanoux

Thank you for your anwser Malbers, I just purchased Mouse this morning. But Mouse can't walk, he begin to walk, then at next action he glides on belly just like he was on a rink.
    Am I missing something ? I can upload a video if you need it.

OK for fly, except the tail of the dragon is in the ground on the first up-the-ground position.

Other question : In my gameplay I need to control the subject not on a fps/tps style, but in a zelda/god of wars style : is your controller compatible or do I need rewrite it ?

Thank you again :)

33. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @xmanoux thanks for your purchase, that's a weird thing to happen, please sen me a video to see what is happening,
    did you open it in an empty project?
    also maybe the check your ground layer name, and make sure is the same on the mouse ground layer.

about the zelda/GOW style do you mean a targeting system? because I remember those game are third person controllers.?? can you elaborate more?

34. xmanoux

xmanoux

I need the subject walk directly in direction of the angle of the joystick relatively to the camera direction.
    Or that when I press left key, the hero walk directly to the left, and not rotate.
    I just wanna know it your controller was provided for that, but that's not a big deal, really. I think sooner of later I'm gonna need to specialize the controller anyway.

About the rink thing I try on a empty scene and upload a video too you tomorow.

35. Malbers

Malbers

just activate camera move option, on the controller and the dragon will always go move right or left according to the camera, and about the not moving problem, I was thinking and Im pretty sure is the ground layer, your terrain and the ground layer on the controller has to be the same :D

36. creatorOFgravityracer

creatorOFgravityracer

37. xmanoux

xmanoux

It was that :) Thank you !

Malbers likes this.
  38. creatorOFgravityracer

creatorOFgravityracer

Hello friend ive just recently purchase the sea and tiger buddies amazing asset i must add but i ran into a little problem on the scripting part not that great at scripting yet...anyway the problem am having is i have a breeding system that lays the eggs and then aftef the 10sec waiting period etc the baby hatch prefab transform into adult form prefab what i need help with is the change target script to add that tagged as player to the existing list (int)so the player can switch and play with all the players =》dragons(that are tagged as player in rhe game scene..i tryed adding all the tag players prefab in the (int) manually but when that adult player got instantiated the change target script int is already missing in play mode ...i assume is because the script wants the in the actually scene at runtime...much help on changing that script for me personaly and send it to tavion22023@gmail.com would be awesome...itz my only problem and ill be all set to go...thank you

39. xmanoux

xmanoux

Re Malbers,
    I think there is a problem with the TPS controller handling of Mouse :
    You can see it when camera is on a angle on 90° (when you are perfectly above the dragon) , the dragon goes nowhere but up down (no right left direction)
    When you lower the angle (example 85%) and set "start speed run" , Mouse run only up down camera but walk left right.
    (tested with near empty project)
    Tell me if you need video.

40. xmanoux

xmanoux

Edit : It's because you use m_Cam.forward , that is totally to the ground when cam is above.
    I am writing a controller copy pasted from yours to use X/Z absolute moving for my gameplay (and not camera dependant) : but it would be very nice if your embedded controller could use protected and virtual methods, so we could just inherit stuff that we want to specialize. (and not replace everything)
    Thank you :)

41. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Hello.. ok so what's the easiest way to activate a Action or emotion from our own scripts.. I tried a few things like have the dragon open it's mouth without firing a fireball but no luck... As i need to spit out an object but still keep the Fireball "Attack1" intact... EX: I need "MarkX" to spit out an X.. Any help I appreciate thanks :D

42. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Cool! I found the sample scene and sure helps see how the Actions, Emotions can be triggered entering & leaving a zone :)
    However the script DActionZone.cs only shows the Emotions/
    DragonController.ActionsEmotions actionEmotions;
    This is however very useful for some other stuff I can only imagine.. Anyhow I'll try some other stuff to access the "DragonController" Attack Animator..

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Guys I was Away for a Week but I'm back

Hey I don't quite understand what is that you need , please send me a video .

Witch methods would you like to be overridables? (is that a word o_O)
    Did you solve the problem?

Yes you could use the same principals as the activation of the actions an emotions, just add in the animator a new animations state with a transition (Action ID) and use that same transition ID in the DragonController.ActionsEmotions enum,

great Idea for a new feature, custom targets that change the type of proyectile . :D

44. Malbers

Malbers

I didn't understand quite well what is that you wanted?

you need to add in runtime your script?

45. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Wow, k. I followed most of that but I'd rather keep things simple.. As I only need the "Attack1" type thing without the fireball when a different button is pressed. Basically I need a simple way to Spawn whatever else, instead of just a Fireball (using the Fire point)... However I still need the Fireball button I have already, which works great..
    So, is there an easy way to trigger the Attack1.anim (only the anim) using let's say a different script.. Anyhow I figured out how to do all the other emotions/action stuff.. Ty!

46. DevoFlipside

DevoFlipside

First I would like to say how amazing these assets are. The models are beautiful and the animations are also excellent.

My question is would it be possible or difficult to give us the option to recolor the dragons? I would like to have the ability to choose different colors and combinations for the dragons to allow for an even larger number of unique looking dragons.

So say we could change the main color of the dragon and the accent color of the wings and underbelly independent of each other.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  47. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks @DevoFlipside for your Kind words
    For now you can edit them in Photoshop, or any similar program,just change the hue and create some masks. for specific parts

But I will keep it mind for making some substance material, That it will be easy to change it right inside Unity, I will add it to the queue

antoripa and DevoFlipside like this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

49. Rowlan

Rowlan

Most adorable :) Is it possible to hide the tattoos (or what that is) ? It's the first thing that gets the focus, it's a distraction imo.

50. Malbers

Malbers

they are emission maps, you can just deactivate them ;)

Another Sneak Peak of my almos finish next project
    Tiger.png Tiger1.png

LoDx, Der_Kevin, Bhanshee00 and 3 others like this.