Search Unity

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Nice update! Yes, the Aim feature works real good... Also the Dragon turns better now when walking or running.. I'm using pooling for both FireBall/Explosion which eliminates any stutter from Firing.. Again Awesome work! Looking forward to the Egg Hatching :D

Malbers likes this.
  2. refaxx

refaxx

@Malbers Hi there. Great packages, been using them for a while now. However i have a problem with the newest update. The TigerDragoHorns.cs script seems to be missing on my dragon. When checking, the content of that file is a class called EditDragoBlendShapes. Since the class and file name are different, unity has a problem with it.

Malbers likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

Hi @refaxx Just remove the missing script and add the new one, I changed the name because I will be adding not just horn changes, but other parts too.

4. refaxx

refaxx

And the new one would be? As i said, i have a file called "TigerDragoHorns.cs" containing a class "EditDragoBlendShapes". There is no file called "EditDragoBlendShapes.cs", so should i rename "TigerDragoHorns.cs" to "EditDragoBlendShapes.cs"?

5. Malbers

Malbers

Hey I tested both dragons on an empty scene and no errors, but I the final naming is EditDragoBlendShapes class in the EditDragoBlendShapes.cs file

6. Malbers

Malbers

Here is the Dragon Aim Mode:
    upload_2016-9-8_14-55-22.png
    @Xeritan

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User

The dragons look great and they will be a great way to explore the procedural landscape generator that I am building. I will wait for the new pack to arrive before making the decision which dragons I start out with ...

Keep up the good work!

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks!! for you future support :D
    Little dragon mouse will be out by the start of next month.

Deleted User and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Great, that gives me some time to setup something for them to fly through, swim in and walk on ;)

Malbers likes this.
  10. Malbers

Malbers

As Promises, The realistic textures are on the way :D:D:D
    Little-Dragon-Realistic01.png Little-Dragon-Realistic.png Little-Dragon-Realistic02.png Little-Dragon-Realistic04.png As Promises, The realistic textures are on the way :D:D:D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm totally looking forward to the release. They do need bigger wings for realism though :)

12. burnok

burnok

Quick one, are these assets mobile compatible? would it not take too much resource/memory. I'm planning to combine it other low poly models. And is there a package where both Tiger Drago and Sea Drago are bundled.

Thanks!

13. Malbers

Malbers

They are 2K poly so they are perfect for mobile :D, the future addition of realistic dragon not so much ...

the sea, and tiger dragon will grow separately, I mean they will share the same scripts but more dragons textures, animations, realistic styles, features will be added separately, also I plan to release one more separate set. (mouse)

maybe in the long long future I will create a bundle of them, but is not on the schedule.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  14. burnok

burnok

Cool! Thanks. So if for example I buy bought Tiger and Sea, would it not conflict on the scripts? I am planning to have them be included in the same package so its a one time import. Would there be no ambigous error / files conflict?

Thanks in advance!

Malbers likes this.
  15. Malbers

Malbers

There's should be no errors, when I add something in the scripts I update both assets at the same time so they will get the same modified scripts.
    The scripta are generic for all the dragons :)

16. Malbers

Malbers

Yeah but we made it that way so there no need to make new animations or massive changes on the dragons, we keep the same average size, the good thing is you can scale the wings, I will add a new blendshape to make thinner the wings while are scaled.

Guys a quick question!!

How do you want your eggs to crack :D:D:D

by a key, by time, by a click, (maybe all of them) I need some sample to make the egg hatching feature.

so throw me some ideas :p

17. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Myself I'd like the Egg Hatching by an Event, Ex: press button... even better have this a multi option for us to select. Oh, just a thought I noticed on the Aiming mode; if I lower the Smoothing setting from Default (5) to let's say (3)... yes the Aiming is easier but the Dragon runs in slow motion it seems... Also the Max angle at (110) shoots the fireball at the ground.. ive been using (0) which seems to rectify this for now, again great improvements to these awesome dragon's. :D

Malbers likes this.
  18. Rowlan

Rowlan

Egg hatching please by the press of a button, since it's just an example.

Malbers likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

I already made the multi options to hatch :D:D. (Time, Key, Input, Click, Event)

I will be releasing it by the end of this month along with mouse dragon,
    Guys I look for a way to make the mouse dragon upgradable for the tiger dragon but I need to make the price bigger in order to make an upgrade for the first pack (ex: tiger 25$; mouse 40$; upgrade 15$), and that is not good for people who will go for the mouse instead of any of the others.
    So I will make as always: and introductory price(Steal Price :)) for a week so you can get the best deal.

20. Rowlan

Rowlan

What are the "mouse" dragons?

21. ElBuho

ElBuho

Hi @Malbers
    Please, Can you include in one of your future upgrades of this asset an animation of the 'Attack Tail' but moving the dragon to its right side? Now there is one to the left side; a mirror of this would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Malbers likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

this are!
    Duty noted I will added

Rowlan and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  23. ElBuho

ElBuho

Thank you @Malbers , it is very kind of you.

Malbers likes this.
  24. Malbers

Malbers

3 new egg hatching animations for the little dragons :p

25. Malbers

Malbers

Keeping the first Original Tiger Idea for the first Texture :D

pre4 unity.jpg 14459754_1093825954016524_1434356048_n.jpg 14423620_1093862714012848_286193136_o.jpg
    Tiger-Drago-Prev-02.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Rowlan and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Some of the new animations Sets (Actions and Emotions)

27. Rowlan

Rowlan

wow, that's most impressive :) i want one, for real :D

28. ElBuho

ElBuho

The new hatcher and emotions animations look lovely. And I think they are going yo be usefull for me.

Malbers likes this.
  29. Deleted User

Deleted User

Love the last animation examples and the different eyes. It's that kind of detail that makes these dragons so interesting and versatile! Keeping an eye on the thread for the release, while working on worlds for them to explore *smiles*

Malbers likes this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

This is the first realistic dragon upgrade, next stop Sea Realistic Upgrade, and then the Little mouse: Realistic Upgrade,
    Im finishing all the last codes, to upload to the store the mouse dragon
    Here all Are new Actions/Emotions Animations so far:

Actions:
    Dig,Eat,Pet,LevelUp, Talk
    Emotions:
    Happy, Sad, Angry, Scared, Sneeze(Sick), Confuse

31. Bhanshee00

Bhanshee00

Wow! These little cuties are just getting better and better. The animations are SO good. Triple-A quality. With your animating skills you deserve to be hired by a decent game studio. It would be bad news for us ( ;) ) but you surely deserve every success Malbers.

Malbers likes this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

Hahah Thanks @Bhanshee00,
    Actually I have worked on 3 animated movies, and currently I'm working on an animated video clip besides my day job, and when I have some free time: on the assets, I really enjoy making them,
    I learn so much with them in therms of animations for games.
    So I will keep making assets while I can :D.

BackwoodsGaming, ElBuho and Rowlan like this.
  33. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Wow! it's truly quiet here.. K, where the Egg Shells At? LOL!

34. Malbers

Malbers

I uploaded the mouse dragon last sunday, and this weekend the sea and tiger update, with emotions, actions and egg hatching ;)

35. Rowlan

Rowlan

When will the realistic skins be made available?

36. Malbers

Malbers

I forgot to tell it, tiger will come with the realistic textures :D, I just finish the rigging, just modifying the eye animations system to the realistic dragon

BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  37. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

K, thanks :D ..

38. Malbers

Malbers

39. Malbers

Malbers

4 Styles: Toon, Realistic, Simple, PolyArt
    NewStyles.png
    NewStyles1.png

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  40. Rowlan

Rowlan

Absolutely gorgeous :D

The green realistic one makes me think if it is technically possible to change the color via code in terms of camouflage. On the grass the dragon is green, in the water it's blue, etc. Could this theoretically be done in Unity?

Malbers likes this.
  41. R1PFake

R1PFake

It's "theoretically" possible, but instead of just chaning the color you would have to change the material (because i think chaning the material color for the existing textures/materials wouldn't look good), which means you would need different textures, this pack includes some texturs, but if you need a different color which is not included in the pack you would have to copy and modify a existing textur for your new color.
    But let's say you have the needed textures/materials setup than there a different ways, for example you could just put a trigger in the water/grass areas which change the dragon material to the grass/water material.

(Changing color by just the material is also possible but the texture/material has to support it, i am not a artist and don't know how to setup such a texture, but i think the base color has to be white and can then be changed in unity, but as far as i know this pack as premade textures/colors (they look very nice!) which don't support chaning colors by just chaning the material color, well of course you can still change the material color but it doesn't result in the color that you want, because the "base color" would have to be white as far as i know, also i think this would only work for a single color, since the dragon have different colors body/horn etc, i think it wouldn't even be possible to make such a "generic base texture")

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  42. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    what is the package that include the realistic dragon ? I have just bought the Sea one

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there thanks for the pursache, for now the Tiger pack will have the realistic dragon, we are currently working on the realistic sea and after that the realistic dragon mouse, but is a good thing that you bought it now because with the realistic update , the price will go up to 35$, just like the tiger dragon,
    when realistic update comes out this week. (25 to 35)

BackwoodsGaming and antoripa like this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

Yes it could be done with a custom shader, using shader forge or amplify shader you can create very cool effects like camouflage

45. Malbers

Malbers

BTW guys all the web player has been updated so you can test the new features, just search in the description the Web player link

46. antoripa

antoripa

Cool ...Will Realistic included in an "free" upgrade for Sea ?

47. antoripa

antoripa

May be the following question does not make sense. I am a strong developer, but I do not know animation.
    So my question is if animations and controller can be used with other Dragon Model ???
    Sorry if I am asking something that does not make sense

48. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!, it will be free for those who bought the dragons before the realistic upgrade.
    Dont worrie, is a pretty legitimate question
    Soo Nop, the animations will only work for those who have the same bone structure, (Same name, amount of bones and orientation)

but the controller should work if you have the same amount of animations, just drag and drop your model inside any dragon, align the meshes as close as posible, keep the extra transform nodes, (pivots, firepoint in the head bone), and theoretically should work

I can always assist you in anything you need :D

49. antoripa

antoripa

That's what I supposed.
    Another question, always basic !! .. I have tryed to see the bones from Unity .. but I cannot. I can do for other humanoid model ( should be from the avatar ) .. but I cannot with the Sea ...

50. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, for humanoid systems unity can remap the bones but the dragon are not humanoids :(

Perhaps some one will create an asset for universal bones remapping, that should be a cool asset!! Maybe me :D:D:D