Search Unity

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

View attachment 572605
    Here is your solution

Dragib.gif

2. brownbair

brownbair

Malbers likes this.
  3. brownbair

brownbair

This worked too! Thank you so much!

Malbers likes this.
  4. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Just thought I would let you know Malbers that in 2019.3.3 the UI is messed up. Heres a capture.

ui.PNG

Malbers likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much for reporting this... I'm installing it right now to test it out

Hawk0077 likes this.
  6. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

No Problem Malbers. Hope it helps.

7. bobAZ2019

bobAZ2019

hi,

bought the Unka Dragon awhile back but just got to play with it with Unity 2019.3.4f1 in URP project. i followed the doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/138DpSb2L8BsSDljrv37lGNQ85lPO8JzhWAZQC0uCxfs/edit#

i have REWIRED latest version 1.1.30.1 as of the day writing this post. also, went thru Malbers README and 8 hours later. still cannot control Unka with PS4 gamepad.

my question.... is the doc out of date? i downloaded the REWIRED package from Malbers link per README doc. i followed the doc but in the inspector (see attachment), there are stuff not mentioned in Malbers doc. going thru trial-n-errors but to no avail.

do i need Malbers' Animal Controller? or, am i missing something? or the doc out of date? should it be difficult to setup?

Attached Files:

8. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Since I upgraded Unity to 2019.3.3 from 2019.2 the dragons wont land.

I also updated the dragons and animal controller.

Now I can take of (using X Button on xbox controller) and fly UP using right trigger.

THEN, when I press X to land the dragon doesnt.
    ALSO, when I press left trigger the dragon should also land but it doesnt.

I have setup UpDown and that makes no difference. The first time I take off and land its fine, but then it wont land again.

See video below.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqCnWIL3cdjfg4BEIq-Y-SPVZf0PxA?e=0ECa44

Any ideas how to fix this. Much appreciated.

I believe animal controller is 1.1.3.

9. Malbers

Malbers

That is super weird... on the latest version of the Animal Controller 1.1.3 I added the Bone Blocking Landing Parameter
    upload_2020-3-10_11-41-1.png

That allows to cast array from the Head to see if the head is touching the ground .

Here are the Fly States for Unka

Replace them and let me know:

Attached Files:

10. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Malbers. Same issue. It lands the first time but after that it just glides along the floor until it is in the air again from a drop in the terrain. Then it wont go up or down as steep. Thanks for trying though.

11. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Actually, On my setup I press X button and the dragon jumps into the air and flies. The right trigger flies higher/UP and the left trigger flies DOWN.

Those functions work perfectly now. The issue is when I press the X button when in the air (as I used to - it glided downwards)... now it causes the general issue seen in the video. Not sure how to get around that? Any ideas MAlbers?

Oh and thanks for the quick response. The landing and general movement seems much better than previously.

12. Malbers

Malbers

Yes you need to have the Animal Controller for controlling any of the assets

I've test it out on the latest version and everything seem to work as expected

that missing script is simply a Comment script:
    upload_2020-3-10_15-46-21.png

13. Malbers

Malbers

Found a fix for the Speeds in 2019.3:)

Attached Files:

14. Malbers

Malbers

Damm!!

does it do the same on a Plane ?? or with a simple box as a Terrain.??

do you have the same problem on the sample scenes? or just on that particular terrain?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  15. Malbers

Malbers

On the Fly State what I do for landing is Cast a Ray Down to find ground (the Ground Layer) ..
    upload_2020-3-10_16-1-10.png

If I hit the ground...I allow the Fly State to exit... which means States below the Fly State can Activate themselves..

States like Fall will try to activate itself if the animal is falling
    or Locomotion and Idle (if Both Chest and Hip Ray touch the ground... which mean the animal is grounded)

16. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Malbers, although I am not a coder so that means virtually nothing to me. Does it point to solving the issue with the X button? Im not sure.

I did find some missing things as in the image below though.
    stat.PNG

I cant seem to find what goes there in other projects either.

17. PsychoticLab

PsychoticLab

@Malbers hello, I own almost every asset of yours that has low poly versions, your work is amazing.

I am in the process of updating my project to hdrp and dont see a low poly shader for the dragon's, am I missing something?

18. brownbair

brownbair

Hi @Malbers - is there a plan for adding the ActionsEmotions animations from the little dragons to the Elemental Dragon? =) I would love if he had stuff like the sneeze, happy, and dig animations!

19. brownbair

brownbair

Hi there! Could you tell me where you added this? I'm trying to do the same thing, have the dragon follow an object both on the ground and in the air. Thanks! =)

20. LeonidFedorischev

LeonidFedorischev

Attached Files:

Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

This are the settings here:

Instead of the old _PinStat .. is Stat_Pin
    upload_2020-3-13_15-17-45.png upload_2020-3-13_15-18-7.png

Attached Files:

Hawk0077 likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much for your kind words
    here they are :)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pp-UtArrxyIHdsocnLNPcJlaiTv6MLwu

23. Malbers

Malbers

LeonidFedorischev likes this.
  24. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

25. Malbers

Malbers

26. GarrettF

GarrettF

Hi

I just purchased your little dragons Tiger package. I am using HDRP and I downloaded and installed the HDRP shaders package. I'm still having issues with the shaders, right now specifically the "Egg Realistic" prefabs and shaders.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a known bug that's being worked on. I've manually updated all the materials I can by going to "Render Pipeline -> update selected materials"

I am using Unity 2019.3 with HDRP at the latest version. Also i downloaded the HDRP shaders package from your google drive that the ReadME linked to, and imported using "Assets -> Import Package" and did not just drag and drop in. If that makes a difference.

I'm specifically excited about the nice egg shaders and materials as I think they'll look great in caves. Also planning on using the dragons as enemies and mounts so I'm eager to get this working! :D

Thank You

27. Bryan-Legend

Bryan-Legend

I'd like to report a bug & a fix for it.

In Fly.TryExitState there's this line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.                 float LandDistance = animal.Height * LandMultiplier * animal.ScaleFactor;
    Since animal.Height already includes the ScaleFactor, the multiply by ScaleFactor is incorrect and needs to be removed.

Code (CSharp):
    1.                 float LandDistance = animal.Height * LandMultiplier;// * animal.ScaleFactor;
    I've got a scale of 4 set to my player object and the LandDistance was something like 6.5 and was making player fall when hovering above the ground. Almost couldn't take off.

Here's the game I'm working on: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1163930/Tigerfyre__Cursed_Is_the_Ground_for_Thy_Sake/

28. Bryan-Legend

Bryan-Legend

We've encountered another bug with the latest controller and tiger dragon asset. The dragon get's stuck in a jump state where it repeatedly jumps over and over when jumping in place.

To reproduce open up the LDTiger PlayGround demo scene and press space to jump at the start position.
    upload_2020-3-19_18-29-22.png

Please let me know what the fix for this could be. Not sure if it's in the input or the controller.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  29. Malbers

Malbers

Yes thanks for reporting this:

The problem was the Settings for the Jump End Tag: it needs to be this way:
    Ignore Lower States = false and Persistent = False
    upload_2020-3-20_13-2-53.png
    Here's the fix:

Attached Files:

30. Bryan-Legend

Bryan-Legend

Thanks Malber! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

31. GarrettF

GarrettF

Hi @Malbers , I still can't get the shaders for the eggs working properly. I could make my own using shader graph but I'd rather use the one's intended. Is there anything you know I can do? Once again I'm using the HDRP and everything else is updated to the newest version

32. Malbers

Malbers

Here's the Egg Shader for HDRP
    I have added it to the Integration folder :)

Attached Files:

33. GarrettF

GarrettF

Thank You!

These worked perfectly.

34. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

LDS idle animations not working. RandomBehavior script on state is disabled and it does not enable on click,
    Kindly check it!

Malbers likes this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

humm
    that's weird

I've just check and yeah they are disable but they can bee enable back easily
    qYc6dGSKfC.gif

Which unity are you using?

36. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

In play mode. LDS Animator Controller
    Sorry for inconvenience!

Dragib.gif

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  37. Malbers

Malbers

Simply enable it before Play mode.. and it should work again :)

tahir_ali likes this.
  38. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

I wouldn’t have posted here if that was so simple to solve.
    This script attaches on play. If i add it before play issue still remains.

39. Malbers

Malbers

Oh I forgot to tell you... enable it on the state machine Idle: here:
    upload_2020-3-27_13-50-20.png

When is on play mode it automatically copy it self to the Idle individual animations

40. ArcaniXyvik

ArcaniXyvik

Greets! The search function is acting really weird for me today, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered already.

In several large open-world games (such as Elder Scrolls, or Assassin's Creed) you can press a button for auto-movement instead of having to keep holding down W (or whatever your movement key is). This really helps people like me who have arthritis.

Is there a way to have that same functionality in the animal controller? I'm using the Tiger Dragons, for reference, but that shouldn't really matter.

Thanks!

41. Malbers

Malbers

Actually it has it :)
    is called always forward, you can enable and disable it on the Animal Controller here:
    upload_2020-3-27_16-30-27.png

42. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Thanks
    That was the solution.

Malbers likes this.
  43. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Hello! I have bought Unka and Irval, both of them are great, and cover two distinct styles of dragon. My project requires another style, though. Any chance you have plans to create animations for an eastern dragon? Perhaps something along the lines of Haku from "Spirited Away." It's always been my favourite example of animation for that style of dragon.

Malbers likes this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much... at the moment is on my list but it won't be anytime soon sorry :(

45. Perzival18

Perzival18

Hello Malbers! Is there a tutorial on how to integrate this with Invector Melee Controller? I need Unka as an enemy boss in my game! thankyou for replying! Stay Safe! God bless!

Malbers likes this.
  46. Rowlan

Rowlan

Got the chance to try out MicroSplat Trax and had to see how Ice Irval looks in snow :)

47. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Perzival unfortunately there's no tutorial yet... Im working this month on releasing the Elephant.. but I'll make a stop after that to make a bunch of new tutorials like the one you aks :)

Perzival18 likes this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

OMG Looove it damm it!!!

Perzival18 likes this.
  49. Rowlan

Rowlan

Here's another, had too much fun with it :D

50. ftejada

ftejada

HI @Malbers !!!
    I am thinking of buying "Irval the Wyvern" but I would like to know if this asset has the characteristic of being able to change the color, appearance and size of the dragon, as I have seen in other of your assets ...

In case the answer is affirmative, I want it for HDRP so can you make those aspect changes etc in HDRP?

Cheers