Search Unity

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I will take another look but the AI scene doesn't seem to do anything. I even created a seperate project to see if it worked but it didnt seem to do anything.

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

This time it's Irval :D

Hawk0077 likes this.
  3. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi Malbers,

First, I got the dragons wondering ok. Just one point.... the dragons occasionally land... is that normal?

Second, I tried the horse AI and it just got on its knees and slid along the terrain..

So, I copied all of the settings etc (adding the AI Controller etc) onto my horse that IO can ride normal..

The horse then followed the waypoints but when I got on the horse it wouldn't move. And, when I got off it it no longer followed the waypoints.

I will work on it but any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

4. Rowlan

Rowlan

One more :)

MagiSoftworks and Malbers like this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

Noope, that is not normal.. if you only have air waypoints and those waypoints are not connected to any Ground Point then the dragon should never land..
    When the Rider mount and dismount the horse... the AIAnimal Control is reseted... so you need to restart your AI Animal control again.. meaning that you need to give him a new target(waypoint) to go to... since the last one was the rider.

6. Malbers

Malbers

Incredible as always!!!

7. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yeah I dont know how to do that. ALso I cant even ride them now.

8. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

How do you change the LODS for the horses. You dont see them unless your on top of them? Thanks

Malbers likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

HI Hawk apologies for the late reply.... finally I have all the animals on the New Animal controller... FINALLY!

Just the ravens are left to migrate... but they are not part of the Forest bundle.

The LODS are here: on the Meshes Gameobject.... in there you can adjust the camera position and the meshes you want to visualize in every LOD
    upload_2019-10-25_20-27-24.png

Hawk0077 likes this.
  10. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

No need to appologise, Im in no rush. I expect you to be busy. lol. A quick fix would be great but I understand you have things top do and your own systems etc. No problem, just thanks for answering my queries. I will most likely have a few when I dig a little deeper.

I believe my next issue will be getting the dragon to land rather than nose dive into the terrain. Possibly change the descent anmgle? Not sure about that or have even looked? Not sure where to start so if you can point me in the right direction that would be great. No problem or rush either way. Thanks.

11. creat327

creat327

I wrote in the horse thread but it seems you didn't catch it. I'm looking as to how to make multiplayer with this little guys. So basically I need to know what data I need to transfer to get a clone on the other side.
    I'm guessing position, rotation and animation id. But I think I also need the look at and something else. I'm mostly looking at the horse and dragon. Any ideas how to get this cloned over the network so that both players see the same?

12. Swyfft

Swyfft

Hey guys.. so after lots of creative discussion, my crew and I found a place in the story for Irval. YAY!
    (already have all 3 little dragons, elemental dragons, Unka, and Horse animset pro)

.. we were planning on the ‘toon’ variant, and I noticed the following point in Irval’s description..
    3 Different Styles(Toon (Soon) ,PolyArt, Realistic)”​

So the question is.. what does ‘soon’ look like?

I am in no way in a big hurry, but would like to know for planning...

thanks in advance.. and still love the dragons!!!

13. Malbers

Malbers

Sadly I've talk to the
    I've talk to the modeller again of Irval and he said he is not going to create the Toon version (model and textures) due to lack of time :(

... so No toon version for Irval sorry.

14. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there @creat327

Unfortunately I have no knowledge about networking code, and I haven't made anything related to UNET or any of the multiplayers API ... sorry

Maybe some one here on the forums is more capable than me and it can help you out

15. Malbers

Malbers

You can change the Angle on the Fly Logic here:
    the Y limit is the parameter... by default the dragon can go 80 degrees Up and -80 degrees down.
    upload_2019-10-27_22-35-7.png

also if you change the Down Acceleration to 0 the dragon will descend more slowly.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  16. Swyfft

Swyfft

@Malbers ... now that makes me very sad :(

we have so much flexibility with all the other dragons (could make the demon style with one of them too).. but was really hoping to use Irval for a key element in the storyline.

Any options for smoothing the poly or doing different textures for the realistic??

Want Irval for sort of a demon style, so can be a bit 'off' the standard toon appearance, but not sure I want to flip everything from toon just for Irval.

thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  17. vertexx

vertexx

Hope I'm not out of line with this, but I find the subject most interesting.
    I like/enjoy animating more than modelling..worse luck.
    I have set a dragon...not mine... to fly inside a church..also not mine.
    If you wish to see it...

I admire the work , the models and the info. here.
    You guys are something else.

Malbers and Hawk0077 like this.
  18. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Looks cool but Im not a fan of effects that move into the fantacy side of things, I prefer real things. I cant see the point of the glittery wings. But then again dragons arent real so who am I to speak? lol

Malbers likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

The problem was that Irval is not made by my partner which he made the little dragons and Unka... is made by another modeller... and he told me he tried to recreate Irval as a toon character and the results were very bad.

The poly art version has an UV that works with a Color Chart texture ... which it does not work for painting a toon texture.

If you like I can help you with Irval Source files

20. Swyfft

Swyfft

Understand that different artists have different styles.. and not everything looks good as a toon ;)

I’ll have to see what I can do with this style and see how it looks beside the others...

I just bought Irval last night because it looks sooo good anyway :)
    (have all your dragons now!!)

Any help you could give me would be great!! If I had source files to work with then I am sure I could come up with a look that would fit with my game concept.

Thanks for your assistance!!

Let me know what you need from me @Malbers

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  21. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I am using the Invector Malee controller, latest horse and dragons.

I had cameras configured and to get around the invector camera limitations I installed and setup CineMachine cameras.

I configured the third person controller with a free look camera and a vcam for when the character crouches.

All this worked fine but when I ride the dragon I get a camera shake/jerk. Its only slight but it is still there.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Alternatively changing camera from:

CM StateDrivenCamera1

to:

CM StateDrivenCamera2

Could help solve the problem as the field of view may be the cause of the first issue mentioned so changing to a camera with a wider field of view would help eliminate the camer shake issue?

22. Malbers

Malbers

Yeap I know what this is..

The Cinemachine Camera Uses Fixed Update to move and rotate.
    But In order to modify the bones of the rider while mounting I need to set the Animator to Update Mode to Normal instead of Physics

So my solution was to change the Update Mode of the Cinemachine camera to Late update while the Rider was on the Animal mounted and Aiming a weapon.

I'm also preparing a new update that only changes the Update Mode to the Rider.
    It should be out tomorrow
    upload_2019-11-10_15-40-18.png

here's the integration I did:

Attached Files:

Hawk0077 likes this.
  23. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Malbers, I actually found a fix which was: change Interpolate on the rigid body of the dragon to "Interpolate" instead of "none"

I found it about 30 minutes ago. lol

Thanks.

24. Malbers

Malbers

OH THAT IS AWESOME....
    and there I was... Writing new scripts to solve the problem hahahah Thanks for this ;)

Hawk0077 likes this.
  25. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

No problem. Sorry to waste your time but I only found the solutions within the past 30-40 minutes and them moved onto an aquas issue and would have given the solution after solving the aquas issue.

Thanks anyway.

Malbers likes this.
  26. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi Malbers.

I have an issue that I am investigating as described in this post:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/camera-keeps-reverting-back-to-main-statedrivencamera.776417/

So my question should really be related to the right trigger Up/Down movements and whether there is some kind of camera related target on the animations somewhere that needs to be deactivated due to using CineMachine cameras?

I am not sure which animations would refer to this issue but basically whenever I press the right controller trigger to gain height on the dragon the camera reverts back to the main character camera. I obviously setup a dragon flying camera with specific setting so this action is very undesirable when in flight.

Any ideas of a possible cause appreciated.
    Thanks again, much appreciated.

27. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi MAlbers, additionally I am thinking of adding Irval to the family. And was also thinking of updating Unka. My queery is:

Will I lose changes I made to the animations. ie adding a sound to various actions and so on. I havent really changed any of the animations apart from addin sound behaviour to the animations.

I was just wondering as I was going to buy Irval then remembered there is an unka update and thought I should take care of that first if I can bare waiting.

28. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!

Apologies for the late reply... I was not home today...

So to answer your questions:

Will I lose changes I made to the animations. I haven't really changed any of the animations apart from adding sound behaviour to the animations.
    Now all the assets have a new animator... which means you will need to set up again the sound behaviours.... (Also also Unka got new Fly Animations. now In Place instead of root Motion ones)

I recommend to try the assets on a new Empty project before adding them to your current one.

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Malbers

Hawk0077 likes this.
  29. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I actually got Irval and so will try setting both up anew. Any ideas about the camera issue above. Thanks.

30. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I am trying to setup Irval and o importing the Invector Integration package:

HAP (4.0.3) Invector Shooter Template (2.4.2) v2
    and..
    HAP (4.0.3) Invector Shooter Template (2.4.2)

Not sure which one I actually need but both cause the following compiler errors.

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Shooter\InvectorHAPLinkShooter.cs(285,42): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'bool' to 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.BoolReference'

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Melee\InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(141,38): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'bool' to 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.BoolReference'

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Melee\InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(169,38): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'bool' to 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.BoolReference'

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Melee\InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(345,34): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'bool' to 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.BoolReference'

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Melee\InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(389,81): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'bool' to 'MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.BoolReference'

Any guidance to fix this appreciated, thanks

EDIT: This went away after closing and reopening the project

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  31. Erdal42

Erdal42

Hi Malbers, I've started using Animal Controller with the Little Dragon, for now it works like a charm, thanks for this great work :)
    I only get this error when the Dragon is (AI) flying:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable m_aimOrigin of Aim has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the m_aimOrigin variable of the Aim script in the inspector.
    The same error is also happening in your own demo (dragon AI demo), it doesn't make the game bug so it's fine for now but looks weird, so I thought you may be interessted.

Have a great day,

Erdal

Malbers likes this.
  32. Erdal42

Erdal42

Well, I didn't really get what's the "aim origin" (a tooltip would be greate here :) ) but if I put the Dragon's self transform to this field the error is gone.

33. Malbers

Malbers

The Aim Origin is the Transform from where the Ray will be cast.. usually for the animal is the head bone...

I have already added the Tooltip ;)

34. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there guys!

Im making a full revision of all the Prefabs for all the Animals and Dragons... to see if all the checkbox are checked... all the object fields are filled.... all the animator have the transitions set correctly..

They are a lot!! So I apologize for the ones that are causing these minor issues... by Monday it would be a new Update for all my assets

Hawk0077 likes this.
  35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Malbers. The issue above came back and I cant get rid of it now so I havent added those scripts so far until a fix becomes available. Thanks

36. Malbers

Malbers

The Up Down Movements can be used with the Active Camera if you enable this option:
    upload_2019-11-15_19-14-21.png

If this is active the animal will Up or down depending the camera direction....

But if you want to assign a button to go up and another to go Down you can do this:

Disable the Up Down Axis on the Malbers Input
    Add new Inputs that you set on your Input Manager (Trigger Up) (Trigger Down)

and Assign those to Buttons to these methods to the Malbers Input
    upload_2019-11-15_19-22-34.png

For the Up Input... MalbersInput.UpAxis

upload_2019-11-15_19-27-44.png

For the Up Input... MalbersInput.DownAxis

upload_2019-11-15_19-28-22.png

Hope this helps

Hawk0077 likes this.
  37. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

38. Malbers

Malbers

Animal Controller 4.07b is out ;)
    - Fixed: Annoying bug that jump into the sky when was on a ledge or the ground disappear
    - Added: Enable Disable Sound Event Method
    - Added: Perching Zone (Birds)
    - Added Random Parameter... it was interfering with the Int ID when it was used as a Mode Status
    - Added Speed Lock Change Method so It can be able to lock speed changes .
    - Fixed Bug: when using AIAnimal Control, the Next target on an Action zone is Null, the animal kept trying to enable the Zone
    - Fixed: When Jumping without Forward movement the animal did not can move forward when Air Control was enabled
    - Added: Speed Methods to change Speed via Code
    - Fixed: Fly |Try Exit| Condition (Animal Scale and Land Multiplier were not applied)
    - Fixed: Lomotion |TryActivate| Condition (UPDown Axis was Ignored)
    - Fixed All Animator Exit Conditions on all Assets
    - Added Tool Tips to the States Parameters
    - Fixed Bug (when an animal get stuck on a Falling animation with the colliders and It can land the Gravity Acceleration get reset.
    - Created Basic Jump State
    - Fixed Bug: Glide Only left The Current Speed disabled.
    - Fixed Bug: AI Animal Control was failing when it the agent was out of the NavMesh because the Agent Component was disable. ****
    - Added Gravity Direction to the Free Look Camera
    - Fixed: Rotation on the Free Look Camera is now updated with the Update Type (Fixed or Late Update)

Plus all Little Dragons got the Demo Scene and Prefabs Updated

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    tahir_ali, Rowlan and Hawk0077 like this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

So YAY 2 out of the 3 tutorials are ready ;)

Make ssure to use the latest version of the Animal Controller... since during the tutorial I found some tiny bugs :p

Here they are!

Third one should be ready tomorrow ... (Since I'm still making it)

Thanks so much for @dogzerx2 to help me out with the little dinos they are simply awesome!!!!

40. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

Hi again,
    Been using Malbers for quite a while, but I hadn't upgraded to the new system. Unfortunately, I'm in the latest version of Unity (2019.15) and I'm not seeing much functionality from Unka -- at least not in the demo scene.

(There's also a minor error in the input script (rather than Unity Standard Assets / cross platform input, I believe it should instead just say "Input." Replacing that reference in ~5 places in the player input script seems to have fixed the problem.)

EDIT: The script issue involved the (one) other package in my project -- HighRoad Engine.

My main issue, though, is with the demo scene. I only see one "Unka" demo scene: it shows several versions of Unka, from a fixed overhead camera, along with a title "Animations." The entire group of Unka's simply run through all their animations in sequence, like a troop of rather intimidating soldiers (though one tiny Unka is very out of step, running different animations entirely!). Though it's rather comical, I'm hoping there's a way to get a proper demo scene so I can get up to speed on the functionality.

EDIT: On a second glance, I see that none of the Unka dragons appear to have any kind of input component attached to them. Perhaps that's a function of the new system, or maybe a player tag needs to be designated for one of them? Regardless, I'll RTFM and see if maybe there's something I'm missing . . .

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  41. Swyfft

Swyfft

There is a RAR file containing the other demo scenes in the package.. Unka AC 3.01a.rar .. as shown here:
    Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 13.16.17.png

simply go to that file location, uncompress it there, and you will have several demo scenes set up to play with.

if you are using other assets, install HAP first, then Animal Controller, then any of the dragons.

(returning some of the support that Malbers has given me.. )

have fun.. :)

42. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

FANTASTIC --- many thanks for the quick tip, Swyfft!

43. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys as promised here's a sneak preview of the Brain New feature for the animals/Dragons:

Hawk0077 and Swyfft like this.
  44. transat

transat

Do the dragons have Universal Render Pipeline compatible shaders? They're appearing pink in URP.

45. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Start flying still not working for Little Dragons Tiger with animal controller v1.08.
    Help Please!

46. timon_z1535

timon_z1535

@Malbers Hello. Unka the Dragon realistic model has flatten normals in every blend shape. When applying several shapes, the normals are completely broken. Can you fix it please?

https://imgur.com/a/PhpJMtE

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  47. Malbers

Malbers

Apologies for the late reply here!!
    I didn't get notifications of this Tread on my email :(

You need to download the LWRPL version of the Shaders for the Dragons :)

Update is coming this tuesday! with the Brain feature. stay tuned!
    Try Modifying the Normals inside Unity Here:
    upload_2020-1-12_11-27-1.png

Change Blend Shapes Norals to Import.. That should solve it!

48. LeonidFedorischev

LeonidFedorischev

Hi Malbers! Your asset (Unka-dragon) is awesome!
    When I saw him, I immediately decided to use it in my game. And a few months later I made your dragon the main character of my game!

My game is "Elmarion: Dragon time" (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1152090/Elmarion_Dragon_time/ ") . It is RPG when you play as a dragon.

Thank you for your great asset!

Hawk0077 and Malbers like this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

That sooo Awesome Thanks for making a game with my assets I love it!!

Hawk0077 likes this.
  50. larock01

larock01

Hello, I've downloaded the asset directly from the asset store and unzipped the Unka AC 3.02, and all the prefabs scripts are missing. What am I doing wrong?