Search Unity

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

THANK YOU. That is what I was missing!!!

2. Coder333

Coder333

I have put off working on flying ai for awhile, but now i'm trying to take it on. I tried using animal.move, but it isn't working as well as i hoped. I attached an image of my problem. I told unka to move to the little blue sphere on the other side. Unka does not automatically fly using animal.move, he dives off the cube into the abyss. Do you know why this is happening?
    upload_2018-8-8_16-44-40.png

3. Malbers

Malbers

For this you need to create a Fly OffSet link that connect both boxes... other wise Unka will not know if it can fall to a lower terrain... (which in this case there's none) or fly to the next Target..

Use this prefab I made to make it work and position the ends and start links on both boxes (and the most important thing is to change the Tag to Fly
    upload_2018-8-9_23-33-7.png

4. Rowlan

Rowlan

@Malbers is it possible to have the dragon fly again once it's in the water? You see, I'm kinda stuck in here:

:D

Malbers likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

Added to the list :) it will be updated with the raccoon release

Rowlan likes this.
  6. Coder333

Coder333

I finally realized that in your ai script, calling flyPending will, with a few other tweaks to the script, cause him to fly. Yay! But now another problem. When the dragon is on the ground, i see that as he gets closer to the target, you made him slow down to trot, then walk, then stop at the target. I want to re-create this effect in the air (by script), otherwise the dragon goes to fast and zooms right past the target! How do I alter the speed in the air?

7. Coder333

Coder333

Also, when the dragon dies IN THE WATER, he doesn't actually fall over and stop moving until you bring him out of the water...then he dies on the shore...

8. Rowlan

Rowlan

9. iansnyder

iansnyder

Your assets are amazing!! Is it possible to see a screenshot or short video of the character riding on the Mouse-sized dragon? Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  10. Rowlan

Rowlan

@Malbers Thank you very much for the update! It's awesome :) Can you please describe these points from the release notes a bit more, I'm sure I'll find good use for that :D

-Added Scriptable Events
    -Added Trigger Proxy (Useful for Activate any function when an animal enters any trigger)
    -Actions IDs Are now a Scriptable Objects instead a List of Actions
    -Added Stances (New!) .All animals will get eventually new animations to use the Stances.​

fyi in case anyone has compilation problems, I just removed the old version and imported the new version. Overwriting the old version casued compilation errors.

Malbers and username132323232 like this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

I need to make some new tutorials for this new features :) but I will wait until the new controller is ready :)

But let me give you guys a light explanation

-Scriptable Events:

This is based on the Talk
    Unite Austin 2017 - Game Architecture with Scriptable Objects
    Basically what you can do is using Events Assets is to send values to an Scriptable Object ... so you don't care which game object receive it. That way you eliminate dependencies.

For Example with the horses:

I create a new Event Asset: Mount Dismount UI
    upload_2018-9-7_11-15-55.png

And I added to the On Can be Mounted Event from the Mountable component on every Horse
    In this case I sent to that Asset Event the Transform of the Mount Point.. and a the Dynamic bool value of the horse( if can be mounted or not)

And on the HAP Canvas UI I receive those values and connect it to the Mount Dismount Text:
    upload_2018-9-7_11-19-35.png

The bool value is connected to hide and show the UI Text
    and the Transform value sent is to Align The UI Text to the Mount Point on every horse.
    That way you get something like this:

Using this architecture the UI is independent and you will not get any errors asking for references ;)

-Trigger Proxy
    Trigger Proxy and Messages I forgot to mention it too ;)
    Combining this two you can make any animal to execute an action without having to make a new script.
    Example Horses AI sample:
    When the Horse/Animal enters a Trigger I want him to jump
    upload_2018-9-7_11-25-25.png
    I add a collider set as a trigger and Add Trigger Proxy and Message components and to the OnTrigger Enter Event I add a new Listener and connect it with the Messages.SendMessage ... Being the New Message SetJump()

So every time the animal Enters that trigger the animal will jump.

Actions IDs Are now a Scriptable Objects instead a List of Actions

On the Action Zones before you need to add a Action Pack to recognize with actions to use:
    Now you just add the Action Asset... which is simply a Int ID..
    upload_2018-9-7_11-33-46.png

Added Stances (New!) .All animals will get eventually new animations to use the Stances.

You will see how the Stances work with the new Raccoon..
    on the other animals are just ignored because they do not have the stances Animations (Sneak,combat stance, walk wounded...walk on two legs... etc) but I will add eventually some of new set of animations to the rest of the animals)

Hope that clarify it :)

Cheers
    Malbers

username132323232 and Rowlan like this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Just removing the scripts folder and importing it back will solve it ;).

I need to find a new way to not break it every time I make a new update

Rowlan likes this.
  13. Coder333

Coder333

Any idea at all malbers? Sorry if I'm bothering u too much, but i really want to know! How do i alter air speed for unka by script?

14. Malbers

Malbers

You can modify the air speed using
    Animal.flySpeed

Animal.flySpeed.Position will increase the distance movement / speed
    Animal.flySpeed.Rotation will increase the rotation speed

15. Coder333

Coder333

Thank you! This looks like what im looking for :D

Malbers likes this.
  16. DukeDeSouth

DukeDeSouth

Hi! I got Unka and love it so much, i dont need it for the moment in my game, but i got it just to have )

I have this errors, what this mean?:

Assets/Malbers Animations/Dragons/Unka the Dragon/Materials/Realistic/Unka_Body.sbsar: Built-in support for Substance Designer materials has been removed from Unity. To continue using Substance Designer materials, you will need to install Allegorithmic's external importer from the Asset Store.

17. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you so much for the purchase I really Appreciate it!!

That error comes from the Substance Textures.... don't worry you can ignore it... I have already created normal textures for unka... but if you like more customization you can install the substance Plugin from the Asset store and you can create more textures variations inside unity ;)

18. DukeDeSouth

DukeDeSouth

Nono, ill wait for update, thanx for your attention. )

19. fcpinto

fcpinto

Hi, I am trying to display the dragon in an Augmented Reality (Vuforia) application but I am having some problems.

I just want the dragon to show up, any help?

UPDATE:
    I already got it going!

Best Regards!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  20. shubhank008

shubhank008

Do you have any plans to create and sell the flying controller system separately ? There are no decent controllers in the store and yours look and feels amazing.
    I wanted to use your controller system with humanoid characters to fly (demons/angels, etc.)

Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! with the new horse Update I'm remaking the Animal controller to a Creature Controller... more modular more easy to manage more everything :)

and Yes I will make it a separated controller .... it will work with humanoids, quadruped everything :) that is one of the many thing I'm making

Weblox and KeithBrown like this.
  22. shubhank008

shubhank008

Any idea when the controller might be released as a separate asset then ? Ideally would like to use something/it meant to be like that, but if its gonna take long, thinking to buy Unka asset and use its controller. I am not 100% sure but as far as I have read documentation, I think changing the animation clips (to my model's) should make it work.

23. Malbers

Malbers

Y want to release the new horse and new controller next year with all the new cool stuffs

You can take a look at this videos

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  24. Malbers

Malbers

25. Rowlan

Rowlan

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Both wyern and elemental dragon will be released at the same time ;) hopefully before the year end... ( I will be on cuba on November so that month is null )

Coder333 and Rowlan like this.
  27. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Wyvern?!? I must have missed that one! Looking forward to them both!!!

28. Coder333

Coder333

Malbers likes this.
  29. Lichter

Lichter

@Malbers Sweet assets! My team is using most of them in a few of our commercial projects. We've been using them for over a year and have been able to work through most of the issues we've encountered (usually PEBKAC). However we do have some lingering issues we cannot resolve in any version we tried.

- The dragon picks up a lot of speed when descending in flight. What would you recommend we do to limit his terminal velocity to something slower?
    - If I dive into the water at high speed, sometimes the dragon doesn't realize he's underwater, and will walk and fly rather than swim. Is there a recommended solution to this?
    - Often, if the dragon goes directly from underwater swimming to walking on land, he no longer runs. I can work around the issue by setting Animal.Speed3 to true, but I was wondering if I'm missing something. Or maybe this is just a bug for you to be aware of.

You can reproduce these issues in the dragon demo scenes such as LDT_Sample Scene.unity.

Malbers likes this.
  30. jawaadsheikh

jawaadsheikh

Hi there,

I purchased the Little Dragons - Tiger version and really love it, I was able to integrate the little guy into my game scene and things work great in the editor. But when I run an Android build, my game scene crashes abruptly. Unfortunately ADB was no help with any error messages.

Has anybody come across this issue? I even removed the asset and reimported without adding in the dragon but the scene still crashes. I wish I had more detail to provide. Really hope I can use the dragon in my game.

Thanks

Jawaad

Malbers likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @Lichter Sorry for the late response... I haven't being near a computer these days.

Yes! you can changue this values on the Fly animator behaviour:
    upload_2018-10-19_20-30-13.png

That is an error I'm still trying to figure out how to solve it once it for all... for now Until I solve the problem, I recommend to avoid high speeds dives..
    That is a bug I haven't be aware ... I will make some test to see if I can reproduce it

32. Malbers

Malbers

I made an android build using unity 2017.1.3f1
    and everything is working as expected ...

Which unity are you using?

Lichter likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  34. jawaadsheikh

jawaadsheikh

I'm using 2018.2

Thanks

Malbers likes this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

Made the build on that Unity on an empty project using the Little dragon and is still working as expected..

I don't know what problem has the asset with your project sorry :(

36. Malbers

Malbers

Some Horn Variations for Irval the Wyvern :)

BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  37. Rowlan

Rowlan

OMG!!!!! :eek: Do want. Now!

Malbers likes this.
  38. jawaadsheikh

jawaadsheikh

Thanks for trying. What Android version are you using?

39. Malbers

Malbers

Android 8 on a Samsung Galaxy 9... but the Android version on unity is set to be the lowest

40. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

I have a quick question regarding control of the dragon's speed.

My need is VERY simple: I need to limit the dragon's top FLYING speed, based on another script I've written. I had wanted to control ground speed, too, but it gets too complicated when the gaits and transitions are factored in. I'll be happy if I can just get flying speed to work!

You've posted a previous answer to a similar question, saying that it's a simple matter of using "Animal.flySpeed.Position" -- but I'm unable to access that variable/property directly as a set-able value. It doesn't even come up in my search through all the malbers scripts -- but my knowledge of C# is limited to the basics, and there's a lot of "protected" and "serialized" stuff scattered in there that wasn't covered in my "C# for Preschoolers" course! ;-)

When I try to set it directly by linking my formula to the "set fly speed" function, I get the error "Cannot convert from 'System.Single' to 'MalbersAnimations.Speeds'."

I even tried adding my variable into the sprint-speed equation (line 54 of FlySprintBehaviour.cs) (and remapping the Sprint functionality), but that just churns out more errors.

Is there any simple way I can get control of my dragon's flying speed, so he can go at different speeds based on my formula? I'd love to be able to revise the flapping, too (so he flapped more when he's going faster), but I'll settle for getting the flying speed under control.

41. Malbers

Malbers

I tried a simple script with the published version of the assetstore :
    upload_2018-10-26_15-40-31.png

and works as expected:

When I hit play

the Fly speed changes to 10;

BEFORE Play:
    upload_2018-10-26_15-42-33.png

After PLAY
    upload_2018-10-26_15-42-57.png

For the Flapping and increasing the speed while sprinting
    You can check the Animators Behaviours:
    upload_2018-10-26_15-45-14.png

42. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

THANK YOU! That's an amazingly specific and detailed post -- not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it may be a conflict between the racing template I'm using and the Malbers flight system. MUCH appreciated! :-D

Hmm. I've implemented it just as you've said, and the fly speed / position updates very nicely in terms of the numbers. The actual velocity wasn't changing, but that appears to be tied to an unrelated script. Things seem to be back on track -- thanks again!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

Hey! Guys
    I'm on Vacations (until November 26) on Cuba, visiting my family so I wont be around.
    Leave a message and when/if I find some good internet I will try to respond...

Please help each other :D

Cheers
    Malbers

44. Obelixe

Obelixe

Hello,
    When I place the 'TigerDrago PolyArt Baby' prefab into my scene and run forwards, the dragon walks, trots, then runs. Works great. If I fly once (by hitting 'Q'), after landing the dragon is stuck in walk mode. He will no longer accelerate to trot, run. From a code perspective it seems you accidentally double toggle the fly property in AnimalVariables.cs and AnimalCallBack.cs causing the groundSpeed variable to stick to 1. Any tips on how to fix this without creating other issues? Thanks.

45. Malbers

Malbers

Some Animations Progress:

BackwoodsGaming and Rowlan like this.
  46. Malbers

Malbers

That seems to be a bug ... I'l check it out and let you know

47. Lelon

Lelon

@Malbers Any elegant way to speed up the animations transition?
    I have my dragon set to follow a target, but it takes time to transition to running animation and hence it lags behind.
    What I want to achieve is instantaneous follow movement without much lerping if that makes sense.
    Thanks!

48. Malbers

Malbers

Maybe this can help:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Pw6T2JeZiCikCfuSI/edit#heading=h.f1wmrbv4dcly

Try to modify the L (Lerp) values on the Speeds

Lelon likes this.
  49. Lelon

Lelon

50. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

Happy New Year to you and all your fantastic animals! ;-)
    Quick question, I hope: I'm trying to temporarily disable the LookAt function on my dragon. I'm flipping him upside-down via my own script, but his head twists (in the forward axis) so that it stays upright (reverse of the upside down body).

I don't need anything fancy, just to TURN OFF the LookAt script while he's upside-down, then restore it when he's upright again. I've tried several script calls, e.g.
    myLookAt.EnableLookAt(false);
    as well as ".Active" and "AnimationActive," and even simply turning off the component. NOTHING makes any difference. I've even tried editing the LookAt script directly, but apparently the functions are tied directly into the Animator graph (?).

I'd rather not dive back into the animator if I can avoid it. Is there any way to simply deactivate the LookAt function, temporarily, from script? Thanks!

UPDATE: Problem solved -- it was a simple script error on my part -- I was setting the variable's new value but failing to set the property TO the variable's new value. :-D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Malbers likes this.