Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Dragons (Closed)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Jun 20, 2016.

1. R1PFake

R1PFake

Do you have any news/screenshots of the current state of the big dragon/wyvern? :D

Malbers likes this.
  2. Malbers

Malbers

Nope, sorry ...just the same ones... after the cougar I will jump right into the dragons... ;)

R1PFake likes this.
  3. Discmage

Discmage

Quick question in regards to mouse/tiger/sea options on the dragon base that change the size/proportions of the dragon...is that just scaling certain bones longer using code? therefore stretching the materials out that little bit more?

4. Malbers

Malbers

yes, it's just scaling the bones.. nothing fancy or changing the blend shapes for the dragon mesh
    :3

5. neoshaman

neoshaman

In the UMA thread, Unlogick had an adaptation of the UMA tech to quadruped, I wonder if there is a collaboration possible? That would open so much possibility!

Malbers likes this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

could you elaborate a bit more?

what is the UMA tech... ?

7. neoshaman

neoshaman

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/35611

Its creation was sponsored by unity, so it has its own section in the asset store.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=popularity/query=category:160
    While it's created for humanoid first, it's code based, so you can create your own creature (or machine, even objects) by supplying your own mesh and skeleton. The issue is that for animal or creatures with more than human skeleton and two feet, they can't use the mecanim adjustment. @UnLogick, a member of the steering group of this free asset, had developed a prototype about that, but he is a coder first he never continued on it.
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/u...n-the-asset-store.219175/page-70#post-2332140
    This is one post I can find (the thread expend a bit on it later), trying to find the original post though.

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

That is very interesting I will take a look to see what I can learn... but after the 4 animals I have in the queue and the big dragon ;)

BackwoodsGaming and neoshaman like this.
  9. username132323232

username132323232

Hi Malber! I bought the Dragon Mouse asset and have a question about the "AI Dragon Mouse" scene. Is it possible to set the target "up in the air" and have the dragon fly to it? Thanks!

Also, have you tried your dragons with the "Simple Waypoint System" from the Asset Store?

Malbers likes this.
  10. Malbers

Malbers

To get the Dragon Up in the air at first try you can try what i use on this post..
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/little-dragons.412288/page-9#post-3158600

I haven't try the Simple waypoint system yet... I will take a look to see what I can do with it ;)

username132323232 likes this.
  11. username132323232

username132323232

It's a very popular waypoint system. It integrates "out of the box" with Ethan and probably other mecanim assets. If there was a way to hook it up to your dragons, that would be beyond awesome :)

12. UnLogick

UnLogick

I made a proof of concept where I made a webplayer with a bunch of animals that used uma, the ui was horrible and I didn't have time to make it into a user friendly tool. I do believe @cwmanley has picked up the idea and is making a user friendly tool for this.

kenamis and neoshaman like this.
  13. username132323232

username132323232

Thanks again! I added this code
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     void Start ()
    2.     {
    3.             DragonController DC = GetComponent<DragonController>();
    4.             DC.Fly = true;
    5.             Animator Anim = GetComponent<Animator>();
    6.             Anim.Play("Fly");
    7.     }
    It works. I noticed that in the "Fly" state the dragon is almost vertical. Is it possible to change the angle relative to the ground to make it almost parallel? I tried the obvious (adding some extra GameObjects to adjust the X rotation), but it seems that DragonController is turning the dragon back :)

Also, how would I make the dragon walk with various speeds?

14. Malbers

Malbers

the dragon fly animations are root motion, that is why when you rotate it, it will try to get back to the original rotation.
    you can do, what you tried to do on late update... after the animation things are called...

15. username132323232

username132323232

Thanks! Mystery solved :)

I have a question about the "AI Dragon Mouse" scene. Is it possible to control MouseDrago Realistic Green AI Navmesh Agent Speed with Timeline? I've been trying to do that, but the speed value seems stuck even though the field is highlighted in blue (which I guess means that it's controlled by Timeline).

16. Malbers

Malbers

Hmmm I haven't try AI with Timeline actually I opened timeline just once.. I will take a look to see what I can make .. later this week after I finish the poly art cougar animations ...

17. username132323232

username132323232

In the Dragon Controller script, what are the Walk Speed, Trot Speed and Run Speed inputs for? Thanks!

dragon speeds.PNG

Malbers likes this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

this are for increasing the speed while walking, troting or running.... just increasing the speed not the animation speed

Also... I will upgrade this older drago script to the new animals script controller once I start working on the big dragon ;)

19. username132323232

username132323232

That would cause sliding, right?

I'm trying to achieve more or less realistic locomotion at different speeds. It seems that sliding depends on the dragon scale. Any suggestions on how to minimize sliding at different scales and speeds?

That sounds exciting. Will the new controller help with reducing sliding?

Malbers likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Yes.. that will cause sliding :(

you can go directly on the animator and change the velocities of each animation on the Locomotion blend tree.. that way you can increase or decrease the different speeds to your needs..
    Yes I will try to make everything more easy to modify both creature movement speed and animation speed without having to make manual changes on the animator...

also because the dragon will be using the animal script ,they will get the mounting feature if you own HAP3 ;)

Weblox and username132323232 like this.
  21. username132323232

username132323232

Hi Malber. Do you have an ETA on the new controller?

22. R1PFake

R1PFake

Could you add horns/spikes to the wyvern head/neck and bigger teeth/fangs to make him look more dangerous, similar to your 4 legged dragon head/neck?

23. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

24. Malbers

Malbers

25. Cyber_2016

Cyber_2016

Thanks Malbers for the info.. Hopefully soon I will get the navigation stuff figured out as I'm finding the dragons still steering too heavy (Tank style).. However enjoy your holiday and we can chat when you are able.. Thanks :D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  26. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Grats to @Malbers' Little Dragons in making it to the 2017 Unity Awards candidates! If you love these little guys as much as I do, go vote! https://awards.unity.com/2017

Congratulations to Malbers in getting these little guys recognized enough to make it in as a candidate for this year's Unity Awards! Good luck! LOVE these lil guys! heheh

Malbers likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

THanks so much!!

I can't believe it ;)

we are among the finalists!!!

cast your vote guys :D
    https://awards.unity.com/#asset-store-award-for-best-artistic-content
    YAY!!!
    FinalistForum-.gif

28. username132323232

username132323232

Hi. Is it possible to change parameters in the locomotion blending tree via script? Thanks!

locomotion tree.PNG

29. Malbers

Malbers

I haven't found the way to change it on the blend tree, if you find it please let me know :)

But what you can do is change the speed of the whole animator using Animator.Speed, so when el you change to walk, trot or run using the keys or whatever you use to change the speeds, modify also the animator speed.

30. username132323232

username132323232

Thanks! I tried that and it seems like a good idea:)

I also have a question about fire breathing. How would you call it from a script? I tried
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GetComponent<DragoFire>().FireAttack(1)
    , but that didn't work. Perhaps because the dragon was walking/running?

31. username132323232

username132323232

Hi Malbers! Would it be possible to create an example scene where the dragons act as NPCs while showing off all the animations? For example, they walk, then run, then take off and fly for awhile, then land and fire breath. With the Timeline now standard it should be pretty straight-forward for an expert to put together :)

Malbers likes this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

Actually I was just thinking that ;)
    make an awesome Sequence with Timeline using free environments :D

also I will add more public methods to solve this issues ;)

I've been really busy at my day job but I'm resigning , so that's why i've been a bit away from the forums
    but Two more weeks and I will be a full time publisher YAY

33. username132323232

username132323232

Thanks!
    That would be awesome for users and a great sales tool! Plus a fun demo for people learning Timeline. Can't wait :)

Good luck with your Unity business. I hope enough people voted for your 2017 Unity Award! Those dragons are so good:)

Malbers likes this.
  34. ranaUK

ranaUK

Any chance of ever getting the scripts within a namespace? I'm talking about TigerDragon here, but may also apply to other assets.

DragonFire uses MainCamera for angle: which will not work in every scenario; perhaps allow user to override the cam: or perhaps allow calculateDir to be overridden.

Malbers and R1PFake like this.
  35. R1PFake

R1PFake

+1

36. Malbers

Malbers

Yes this is the next update..! I already started working on Papa Dragon and that will make the little dragon to get the update too.. so NameSpaces will come soon..

BackwoodsGaming and R1PFake like this.
  37. R1PFake

R1PFake

Awesome, i will buy the big dragon and wyvern as soon as they are on the store :D

Malbers likes this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

Papa Dragon is already working!!
    Forum.gif

39. R1PFake

R1PFake

Looks awesome! Not sure if you saw my old post, but i had a question about the wyvern, is it possible to add more spikes etc to the wyvern head to make his head look similar to the 4 legged dragon (or use the same head?), because i think that way he looks more "dangerous".

Note: Im don't know what the current state of the wyvern looks like, this is based on the images which you posted a while ago.

(Or maybe a option for both heads which could be used on the wyvern and the dragon to get different looking dragons/wyvern if you want spikes or not, not sure how much work that would require, because i have almost no clue about 3d model stuff)

40. Malbers

Malbers

Yes I saw it :)

the thing is the dragon series is a two man job... the guy who is modelling the wyvern is on vacations in Cuba, I told him the spikes on the head details but I haven't heard from him :(, so I hope next month when his return from his vacations he will get back to me :)

R1PFake likes this.
  41. Malbers

Malbers

42. username132323232

username132323232

I see that Little Dragons: Tiger is on sale now. Does it come with the new controller? Thanks!

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

its still have the old controller but I'm already working on the new controller ;) along with the new big papa dragon

44. Malbers

Malbers

this is a new member my partner is cooking out ;) a teenager elemental dragon (ice, lava, rock , plant?, crystal)
    22323435_1445497758849340_2061170222_n.jpg

45. Malbers

Malbers

Also Take a Look to Unka in his full glory:

Jroel and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  46. username132323232

username132323232

Wow! Some serious dragons here:)

Will you be adding the new controller to Tiger and Mouse dragons at the same time?

Malbers likes this.
  47. Malbers

Malbers

yeap everybody will get the upgrade! Im unifying all my scripts and animal controllers :)

all my assets will use the same scripts

48. username132323232

username132323232

That's great! Do you think the upgrade will be available within 2 weeks? Don't mean to rush, just need to plan my schedule :)

49. R1PFake

R1PFake

Hello again, the new dragons look awesome!

I have a few questions:
    - Do you already have a price for the big dragon/wyvern?
    - I think you said that the big dragon will get a substance material, will this be included in the release pack or added later (will the wyvern also get one)?
    - I think you said that you try to release the big dragon end of october / early november, i assume that the wyvern will have a different release date, because it's made by one of your partners, does it have a approximate release date? ;)

(Is the teenage dragon the same partner who makes the wyvern or do you have multiple people? :eek: )

50. Malbers

Malbers

For the prices the new dragons are a 2 man job so I can't go low, but I will make a initial week sale :)
    Unka(Papa dragon already has a substance material.) and the wyvern when is done, should have one too..

Unka the dragon will be released first... then I will work on the animations/rig of the Wyvern...(if its reaady)

Unka and the Teenage dragon is made by the same person, my original Partner .. the wyvern is being made by other friend of mine... he finish the sculpt but is struggling with the retopology.. so that one I don't know when will be ready.. lets hope when I finish Unka he will give me the model so I can start working on it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017