Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. adhochero

adhochero

So lets say i want to edit the model a bit in blender how do i find the model file? and rigs?

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

They are fbx files. Just import them in Blender.

3. Malbers

Malbers

It's really easy to. Check, the animals have colliders on the body and at the head , you Can use the colliders to check your Collisions

Edit: I was on the phone when I wrote this :p

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. Kyllei

Kyllei

Hi!
    Here is a link to the video on Vimeo
    - let me know if i should show more components in detail. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

Testing the 360 degree feature with various poly art animals:

Just click into the video and drag around.

Malbers and Kemp-Sparky like this.
  6. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

They stand in judgement! LOL That's pretty damn cool.

7. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!!!

one thing I noticed is that the fox has the MalbersInput script.... if you are going to use it as a companion you should remove that script... since it only used for controlling the fox as your main character..(with your keyboard)

That Follow target script? can you send it to me via PM ..?

On the AI Sample Scene there's a little fox that Uses the AIAnimalControl Script...
    this script needs a navmesh agent on the hierarchy of the root animal (AI Agent(1)) and of course the navigation mesh baked.
    On the AnimalControl there's a parameter called target... that is where you can set your player.
    upload_2018-2-7_16-58-57.png

8. RT3DViz

RT3DViz

hi there,

i made a new scene and if i turn on the lock axis script with checked directions my fox disappears (it moves 300 unity away) cant find the problem. need a little help, everything is a prefab as provided

greets

9. Kyllei

Kyllei

Okay, removed MalbersInput script.
    Sent you the Follow target script.
    ok re Navmesh
    ok re Animal Control
    I'll work on these updates soon and hopefully will resolve my troubles.

THANK YOU

10. Malbers

Malbers

11. Malbers

Malbers

the sample scene works as intended right?

take a look to this sample scene and copy the settings of the animal there to your new scene

12. Presto-X

Presto-X

@Malbers Can you take a look at this video, and see what I may be doing wrong, my fox can't land a jump, I read over your docs and made sure all of my ground plans are set to the ground layer, and that my player is set to the player layer, and in my player settings that the ground layer is set correctly. I'm guessing I'm missing something simple. Thanks for all of the work you continue to build into your assets.

Demo Video

13. Malbers

Malbers

Try increasing the Chest pivots multiplier parameter... that will increase the length of the ray to search for ground

Presto-X likes this.
  14. Presto-X

Presto-X

15. Malbers

Malbers

16. Rowlan

Rowlan

Please stop everything and make realistic ones. I've seen realistic models recently on the asset store which really looked impressive. But none with such top animations like you do. I need realistic ones :D

Also, why can't I buy the bear yet :(

Malbers likes this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

soon!
    just the rabbit and the raccoon are left to do before I start making the realistic ones :)

wood333 and Rowlan like this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

The Bear Video is Ready!!

TimSkijwalker and Rowlan like this.
  19. wood333

wood333

Does anyone have any experience driving Poly Art animals with Emerald AI ? Any tips?

20. Malbers

Malbers

I haven't try yet :( , not until I finish all of them

21. wood333

wood333

I can hook up a poly art animal to Emerald using the Emerald Setup Manager, but it creates its own animator controller with individual animations that I hookup in preset slots. Much of the elegant complexity and beauty of your animations is lost.

So bottom line, we can use the poly art animals and some of their animations, but what we really need is an integration that allows us to use the poly art animal animator controller with Emerald. This might not be easy. On the other hand, maybe i could keep your system intact, and try to feed variables back and forth, to use Emerald for its ai, and poly art for the visuals.

Or ... :rolleyes: maybe you expand your own ai system. :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

that should me awesome... you can make a Link Script which communicate between the Animal Script and the Esmerald system... at least that is what I do with HAP integrations :)

wood333 likes this.
  23. hernanbrega

hernanbrega

Please make dogs in poly art style, im making a game using Synty Studios Polygon models and your work looks like a perfect match in style. :)

Malbers and Rowlan like this.
  24. Rowlan

Rowlan

Kittens and Puppies :)

Malbers likes this.
  25. Kyllei

Kyllei

I'm super happy to report that the fox is following my player! The scene runs and I'm so grateful for the help! I do get an error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MalbersAnimations.AnimalAIControl.DisableAgent () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalAIControl.cs:121)
    MalbersAnimations.AnimalAIControl.Update () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalAIControl.cs:75)

Not quite sure what that's about, any ideas will be appreciated, but I'll keep going over things to try and find it. At least the scene runs :)

Thanks again.

26. Malbers

Malbers

they are on my List!! :D

hernanbrega likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

I believe you need to add a NavMeshAgent :)

28. Anflo

Anflo

when are the bears going to be available for purchase and at what price?

29. Malbers

Malbers

Same price ;) and they should be out this week

30. Kyllei

Kyllei

Ah, okay. I don't really have a character in the scene. The player is basically the main camera. So I have the NavMeshAgent on the player but it's looking for a humanoid... Got it. Makes sense. :)

31. Malbers

Malbers

The script I send you, "Follow Target" is for using it instead of the "Animal AI Control". you should use just one of them,

"Follow target" does not required a nav mesh agent... but it will ignore the Obstacles

"AnimalAIControl "requires a navmesh agent and the Navigation mesh baked...

32. wood333

wood333

To gain a better understanding of polyart animals, I have created a clean project with the Cougar. The first thing I notice in the demo scene is that my Cougar only plays one idle animation. The animator Entry box links to four Idle boxes, but only idle01 plays. Why is this?

This may be an elementary question that requires me to study Unity animator in greater depth, but I was expecting a built in randomization of idle animations of some kind. The scene is working fine, and otherwise, the cougar looks great!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  33. wood333

wood333

I have spent most of the day creating a script to take movement information from an Emerald controlled Cougar's rigidbody and to plug this information into the "Animals Cougar" controller. I almost have it, but I am having difficulty plugging my floats into the Cougar controller "Horizontal" and "Vertical" parameters.

I was trying to do it like this:

animator.SetFloat("Horozontal",h);
    animator.SetFloat("Vertical",v);

I have the animator and values for h and v. Could I please have a hint on the code to put the floats into the controller parameters? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  34. Malbers

Malbers

Instead of pushing it directly to the Animator... Use the Animal.Move(vector 3) x=horizontal, y= UpDown, z=Vertical
    that should do it

wood333 likes this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

Papa bear is loose on the store!! YAY

upload_2018-2-23_11-22-57.png

Shodan0101, GingerDr73 and Rowlan like this.
  36. Rowlan

Rowlan

Awesome!!! Insta-Buy :D

Malbers likes this.
  37. Rowlan

Rowlan

OMG the animations are the awesomeness!!! And honestly, please schedule the rabbit and raccoon for later, I need these realistic :)

Malbers likes this.
  38. Kyllei

Kyllei

YES! That resolved the console error. Couldn't be happier. Thank you. And I love your animals so much. Well done!

Malbers likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

hahahah I just want to finish the pack :D:D:D:D:D:D

so I can start making hyper realistic version of each animal

40. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

beautiful style, nice work

41. R1PFake

R1PFake

Can you make a meerkat model (realistic style would be preferred)? I can't find any good meerkat models (with animations) :(

42. Rowlan

Rowlan

Someone mentioned a fix for the dark colors in frame recorder. So I toyed around with it. Here's a quickly created 360 degree test video. I took the chance to include the bears :)

43. wood333

wood333

I have been able to push floats to the animator for Horizontal and Vertical, but so far it's not ideal, because Emerald sends sequential animations and those animations don't blend without the Emerald Override Animator.

I may take a look at animal.move, but I imagine that function actually moves the animal rather than merely displaying animations. I was hoping to avoid making script alterations. So far, I have only made modifications to the Cougar animator and added my bridge script to the Cougar.

44. Malbers

Malbers

Actually what it does is to set the values for the horizontal and vertical (MovementAxis.x|z) to later send it to the animator

wood333 likes this.
  45. wood333

wood333

Thanks for the info. Emerald 2.0 only calls one animation at a time, so I don't see a way I can get your animation blend space involved when I direct drive the animator, as Horizontal and Vertical parameters are never active at the same time. What I now get is a lack of a blend between those animations.

I will take a look at using your creature.move() to drive the animation, because that may eliminate the blend issue I get when I drive the animator directly. As always, many thanks for your assistance and excellent animations. I recently purchased the Bear. Grrrrrowl !

46. Malbers

Malbers

The Rabbit is ready to Animate :3

and also !!!. I went and made the realistic one .... because why not :)
    Rabbit realisitic.png

47. Hitch42

Hitch42

Looks great! Been waiting for the rabbit for a while. Can't wait to see it in action.

Malbers likes this.
  48. Rowlan

Rowlan

Oh yes!!! :D

Malbers likes this.
  49. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Adorable!

Have you considered squirrels too?

Teila and Malbers like this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers

yes!! common and gliding squirrels ;) is should be a really fun game ... with gliding squirrels !!

HeyBishop and SirTwistedStorm like this.