Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

The Free Look Camera Rig its the same of the Standards Assets(SA), and you can use any of the camera rigs prefabs that comes in the SA, in fact any camera rig, (you can test any of them if they work better for you)

If you want to disable the mouse control, you can enter inside the script and comment the part that gets the input from the mouse..

and if you want to allways be behind the fox, I believe you will need to write some lines of code to always return to be behind the fox...

but again test some of the other camera prefabs that comes with SA... I believe one of them do the behaviour you want :)

2. Malbers

Malbers

Here is a Sneak Peak:

Shodan0101 and Rowlan like this.
  3. andyjh07

andyjh07

Hi there,

I've bought and used your fox in a low poly world. Firstly, IT IS AWESOME, thank you so much for creating a great product.

Secondly, any idle or dying animations on angled terrain make the model slide forever. Walking and running fine, it's just the idle. Any ideas?

4. ethanwgross

ethanwgross

Great work on these. Here is a few screenshots of the fox taking advantage of Final IK's Quadruped Grounder script.

Attached Files:

E_T_ and Malbers like this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

That is just amazing!

and thanks ethan for your amazing reviews they're awesome, btw you comment that you're using Ooti MC for the animals,
    It was difficult to integrate?

6. ethanwgross

ethanwgross

You bet, I had a blast getting to know the models. I did manage to get some basics set up with Ooti MC however it started to get a bit time consuming. Im still not very familiar with MC but from what I could get the gist of, it was not terribly overbearing. However, the provided controller will actually suit the majority of my needs for the project. I will be able to get procedurals from using Final IK that will easily fill in the rest. If I had some more time I would gladly follow through with the Ooti setup, but now not necessary for my project thanks to what you generously included in the package.

Malbers likes this.
  7. Malbers

Malbers

8. Malbers

Malbers

My Turn!
    upload_2017-4-24_10-11-10.png

wetcircuit, Rowlan and Shodan0101 like this.
  9. DeniseFee

DeniseFee

Very happy with the wolves I bought as well! They're so great looking <3

Having the same trouble with the sliding as well too, though. Did you solve it already?

andyjh07 and Malbers like this.
  10. Malbers

Malbers

Im working on it

I think I found the problem.

I will make a fast update soon.

andyjh07 and DeniseFee like this.
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

My turn too. I couldn't resist, even though I don't need poly art. But the animations look so awesome. I had to buy them all with that sale :D

Malbers and ethanwgross like this.
  12. ptblk

ptblk

seeing as I have bought all your assets at full price can you not make you boar on sale as well to at least give the people who support you the most some form of thanks you and sale....

13. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much @Rowlan! You. Rock!

I sent all my assets but it seams that the boar, as been new they didn't put it on the sale :(

14. ptblk

ptblk

ah ok thanks for trying then

15. polarubi

polarubi

Hi brother, I have a problem, when the animal on my land does not move, it only stands idle. I have the map bake. Might you help me

16. phantomy1

phantomy1

Hey there,
    just wanted to stop by and thank you for the great asset you made. Good work!
    The following happened when fiddling around with the AI Deer:
    When they were following the target while it was on the platform, they found the way up without problems.
    When I dragged the target beyond the cliff, the wanted to jump but they couldn't.
    The animation played but they were not getting of the cube.
    Instead they ended up like Super-Deer hanging in the air ;-)
    Any idea?

Malbers likes this.
  17. r2d2meuleu

r2d2meuleu

Hi !
    Your models and animations are great !
    I'm contemplating buying the fox, deer & wolf in the next days.

I don't know if someone told you yet, but the boar webplayer link shows the deer ;)

Malbers likes this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

On the animal script Try setting the ground layer as the same layer as your ground.

If the problem continues could you make a video to see what is the problem?
    Cheers
    Thanks for your kind words..

I found out about that problem too, I already fixed and uploaded and update for all the animals :)

Thanks so much for the support
    if you are going to buy them hurry up then before the sales ends :D

No one told me about the boar webgl I'm fixing it now... Thanks for the catch!

19. phantomy1

phantomy1

Fantastic ;-)
    When I load the wolfs pack and load the AI scene, the wolf that follows the magical one has weird stuttering in his movement. It seams that after every two meters he gets pushed back one.

20. Malbers

Malbers

check out the avatar of his animator, is missing that is why, just set canine there and that it.

update already sent :)

21. Malbers

Malbers

I made an Update for the animals to sync the Animal script

also added to the wolf some Blend shapes
    also some utility scripts for mesh swapping, blend shapes and material changer

Shodan0101 likes this.
  22. basmith

basmith

just got the wolf. very nice! hope to see a poly horse that can be used with the horse animset pro.... :)

Malbers likes this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

You Bet!

basmith and phantomy1 like this.
  24. basmith

basmith

awesome! hope it becomes available soon. :)

25. andyjh07

andyjh07

Hey Malbers,

Did you manage to fix the endless sliding? Can't really test my game properly at the minute because of it haha. Thanks again for all these wonderful products!

Andy

Malbers likes this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!! I fix the sliding on death

I locked the rigid body XYZ position constraints after the death animations are played. :)

27. andyjh07

andyjh07

Ah that's great news. FYI it was doing it for me when yawning and sleeping on the floor too, are these also fixed in the update?

Andy

Malbers likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

I forgot about those :(, but is easy to fix,

just add in the animator to those states the rigid body constraint behaviour
    upload_2017-5-6_11-24-39.png

and back to normal when they exit those states
    upload_2017-5-6_11-26-19.png

The problem happens when the body collider touches the ground, (when sleep or death animations are played)
    so to fix that you can lock the rigid body constraints, or disable the colliders

29. andyjh07

andyjh07

Thanks Malbers, I'll give it a go shortly :)

30. Malbers

Malbers

upload_2017-5-10_21-17-9.png
    waiting for the approval :)

31. muhammadzakkyf

muhammadzakkyf

Hi, I bought the fox asset and really love it. but i got problem with AI part maybe you can help me. I want to make new scene with my own terrain. and copy the fox prefab from AI Scene example, but the fox wont move to chase the meat when i play it. then i tried to make new scene and copy all gameobjects from AI Scene then play it. the fox still wont move. pls help me. and one more suggestion. maybe you can make a documentation with pdf format included in your asset about the function of script and QA

Thanks

Malbers likes this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

Yes I need to make a documentation for all my scripts , I'm working hard in the Horse Asset to then make the documentation :).

You bake the Navigation mesh right?

33. muhammadzakkyf

muhammadzakkyf

whoah awesome, now it works perfectly :):):)

Malbers likes this.
  34. melonhead

melonhead

i would like to purchase the tiger model, but need to know if there is a way to edit and create new animations using blender instead of max

thanks

35. Malbers

Malbers

you can import the fbx file to blender and make animations there, but you'll need to create a rig for the bones because animate the bones directly can be a pain in the but.
    if you decide to buy it the fbx you want to import is the tiger model :)

36. Malbers

Malbers

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  37. basmith

basmith

the moose is loose! :)

ayk and Malbers like this.
  38. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Love your work Malber! What animal is coming next down the Pipe? I'm really wanting that Bear ;) Looks awesome!

Malbers likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

The next in qeue is the cougar/panther, but Im holding up until the Horse Animset Pro v3 is finished.. after that I will release all 4 remaining animals together, I mean no delay between them just 4 new animals ready to join the party!

The HAP upgrade will be ready before this month is over ;)

Cougar/Panther, bear, rabbit & raccoon

Revelation_Jeff and neoshaman like this.
  40. neoshaman

neoshaman

Basically all the animals in zelda BOTW I noticed lol I can buy your pack and reproduce that game wildlife lol

Malbers likes this.
  41. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Awesome I can't wait for that! =) Thanks for the great work!

Malbers likes this.
  42. saltnote

saltnote

Hi Malbers, would you help me out with this issue I have?
    I am trying to make Wolves animation synchronize over the network.
    I managed to sync the attacking and movements, but there is a issue in which attack animations played are different.
    I have tried syncing these variables: animal.attack, animal.idInt, animal.speed over the network. But they are still playing different attack animations.

would you enlighten me what should be sync over the network to get them to play the same attack animation?

43. Malbers

Malbers

On the animator there's a Random behaviour attached to the Attack state machine, I believe that is what is causing the problem, every time the wolf enter into the Attack state the Random behaviour change the Int ID and play an attack .. and is different every time, just disable, and instead of letting the Random change the IntID you do it.

Hope that helps

44. TimSkijwalker

TimSkijwalker

That looks really cool. Do you happen to have an ETA for all the new stuff? I'm super excited. :)
    If you happen to be looking for ideas. My friend and I would love to see a bigger dragon in the poly art series. That'd be really cool.

45. Malbers

Malbers

I sent HAP3 2 weeks ago so is now on the hands of the review ;) with should take 2 weeks

this dragon will get the Poly art style and is next on the queue after the 4 animals remaining

rrahim likes this.
  46. TimSkijwalker

TimSkijwalker

That is fantastic to hear. I saw that dragon on your twitter after posting my question and was hoping you'd say this.
    Have you thought about doing fantasy creatures in the poly-art style, we are working with a lot of the synty assets but are going to replace most our animals with yours. What we are currently missing is some quality boss material.

Thanks again, we are really big fans! :D

47. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks Tim for your support and Kind words!!
    Just need to finish the 4 animal to start working on the dragons ;)

48. TimSkijwalker

TimSkijwalker

hahaha yeah, you have the work cut out for you. looking forward to the new things. ;)

Malbers likes this.
  49. yipe

yipe

Hello! I was wondering how I can play an animation, such as Attack if I'm not using iMalbersInput.cs?

Some more background: I'm building a puzzle game with your amazing animals as characters. I have the basic game working now and wanted to start prototyping out how animations feel. I'm not using iMalbersInput.cs since it's a puzzle game and I'm using the AnimalAIControl component to give them targets on each turn to walk to. I'm having trouble getting the characters to run specific animations. I think the animal is just overwriting whatever I'm setting. What's the correct way to trigger the (awesome) built-in animations to run if we're not using iMalbersInput.cs?

Thanks in advance!

Malbers likes this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers

Here is an updated animal script.

You can call SetAttack(), SetJump(), SetAction(), SetStun()

with that you can activate any of those abilities by code
    Cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    ArloR and Shodan0101 like this.