Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

You were Right!

I found a bug on my side..here:

in the CurrenSpeed Index Property ... change value for speedIndex
    upload_2020-3-7_13-11-8.png

Thanks for help me finding it!

Kojote likes this.
  2. Malbers

Malbers

Unfortunately the
    MalbersTools.GetInstance<StateID>(); is an Editor Method... is meant to be used on the Editor Only

3. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Hey @Malbers, I think you missed my yesteday post :D Please let me know, because i am very interested in purchasing this !

Malbers likes this.
  4. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! you can use them as NPC and it can be used on humanoids too :)

for NPC here's the brain preview:

Also yes!!

Actually the new Creature coming is a Humanoid...
    Here's a quick Preview:

ftejada, Rowlan and Kojote like this.
  5. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Thanks a lot ! Will be grabbing it. Just didn't want to roam around all the videos to verify :D Would probably be useful to have a quick mention of that in the description.

Malbers likes this.
  6. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Btw, are you aiming to have an integration for the Top Down engine too ? :)
    Would be really awesome !

Just picked it up, keep up the nice work !

Vog and Malbers like this.
  7. Kojote

Kojote

And as they wrote, do they exist in low poly like the Cougar?

Can you already say which animals are all added?

8. Kojote

Kojote

Unfortunately the problem is still there.^^

Now he stays in walk permanently and when I press L-Shift for speed he goes into trot. I can neither increase nor decrease the speed. Also Run does not work anymore. My script is deactivated.

-------------------

I just found another bug. Seems to have been added since the last update. At least it wasn't there before.

The bug also appears in the demo of you and at the prefabs of all actions:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. MalbersAnimations.IDDrawer.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/Drawers/IDDrawer.cs:59)
    3. UnityEditor.PropertyDrawer.OnGUISafe (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyDrawer.cs:23)
    4. UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.Rect visibleArea) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:139)
    5. UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:106)
    6. UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:208)
    7. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9234)
    8. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9223)
    9. MalbersAnimations.Controller.ZoneEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/Animal/ZoneEditor.cs:68)
    10. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1647)
    11. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Getting control 2's position in a group with only 2 controls when doing repaint
    2. Aborting
    3. UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/LayoutGroup.cs:122)
    4. UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:309)
    5. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:9003)
    6. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8993)
    7. MalbersAnimations.Controller.ZoneEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/Animal/ZoneEditor.cs:108)
    8. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1647)
    9. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    Problem occurs when you select an Action Prefab in the hierarchy.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  9. Malbers

Malbers

I have a Point Click Sample with all the animals :) but is not a full topDown Sample... maybe in future updates :) I'll add it to my to do list

10. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! the Poly Art version will be always inlcuded :)

You need to also disable the use of Sprint
    Animal.useSprint = false;
    and when the health is Full again enable it back.

If you set the Top Speed to 1 it will disable all Speed Higher than 1

Again you will need to Restore the Top Speed to 3 when the healt is full.

Code (CSharp):
    1.    #region Vitaility Speed Speed
    2.         private void VitailitySpeedUpdate() {
    3.             if (currentVitality <= 30) {
    4.                 maxSpeed.Value = 1;
    5.                 LD_SP_Player_Controler.Instance.animal.UseSprint = false;
    6.             } else if (currentVitality > 30 && currentVitality <= 60) {
    7.                 maxSpeed.Value = 2;
    8.                 LD_SP_Player_Controler.Instance.animal.UseSprint = false;
    9.             } else if (currentVitality > 60) {
    10.                 maxSpeed.Value = 3;
    11.                 LD_SP_Player_Controler.Instance.animal.UseSprint = true;
    12.             }
    13.             LD_SP_Player_Controler.Instance.animal.CurrentSpeedIndex = LD_SP_Player_Controler.Instance.animal.CurrentSpeedIndex;
    14.         }
    15.         #endregion

11. Malbers

Malbers

It seems that is because some of the IDs on the Zones are empty.. maybe

You need to have the ID with a value:
    upload_2020-3-9_16-2-25.png

Which assets did you test it out and in what Unity version??

12. Malbers

Malbers

Here are all the Animations for the Forest Golems :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Kojote and Rowlan like this.
  13. Rowlan

Rowlan

Those are awesome. The obvious question: When? :D

14. Malbers

Malbers

Just around the corner... ;)
    I'm preparing the images and the stores packages.. which is tedious work.. but someone has to do it haha

Rowlan likes this.
  15. Kojote

Kojote

I test each asset in a separate project to avoid external interference.

I currently use Unity version 2018.4.15f1

EDIT:

Just saw that a new version of the controller is available. Same problem as before.

I have tested it in my project and in a new project. The same bugs.

Here again the bug as video with the zones:

As you can see the bug is included in almost all zones.

Unfortunately, changing the speed does not work either. :(

The error occurs only if the component Zone is folded out, if it is folded in, no error occurs. An error with the GUI as I could read. In addition, the error only occurs with ModeID 4, i.e. with Action.

https://answers.unity.com/questions/400454/argumentexception-getting-control-0s-position-in-a-1.html

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  16. Malbers

Malbers

17. digiross

digiross

(cough) farm animals (cough)

:cool:

Malbers likes this.
  18. Kojote

Kojote

Okay, boundaries will be the problem. Even if you delete all assets, there appears to be some residue.:(

Well, I started a whole new project, no bug.

The bug occurs when I bring the "Quest Machine" asset into the project. Great, need both your asset and this. :(

Can you do something about that? Quest Machine seems to make some changes in the editor as well. Unfortunately you're getting a little too much trouble here. :(

And the bug about the race, you got any ideas?

EDIT:

By the way, there is a bug in the build.

unity error cs0535 does not implement interface member ISzene.SceneLoad

MGameSettings

Problem is the Editor:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    2.         void OnValidate()
    3.         {
    4.             sceneName = AddAdditiveScene != null ?  AddAdditiveScene.name : string.Empty; //Save the scene name into the string ||EDITOR STUFF CANNOT BE LAUNCH ON
    5.         }
    7.         [ContextMenu("Add Additive Scene")]
    8.         public void SceneLoaded()
    9.         {
    10.             if (AddAdditiveScene != null && InEditor)
    11.             {
    12.                 var scenePath = UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.GetAssetPath(AddAdditiveScene);
    14.                 UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager.OpenScene(scenePath, UnityEditor.SceneManagement.OpenSceneMode.Additive);
    15.             }
    16.         }
    17. #endif

19. Malbers

Malbers

Unfortunately I don't own Quest Machine so I don't know how to solve it without it... and if is on my side or their side

Here's the fix... it will be included on the next update

Attached Files:

Kojote likes this.
  20. frbodya

frbodya

Hello, i bought animal controller, and in demo i don't see turns like in your video, i check in Animator there i have "turn left and right animation".

21. Malbers

Malbers

To change the way the Animal Moves By Camera or By World you can change the Camera Input property here:
    upload_2020-3-10_15-48-20.png
    if you want to turn more Increase the TurnMultiplier value :)

22. frbodya

frbodya

thanks for feedback, yes by default this CameraInput = true, but still in Animator->States-> Locomotion-> never go to state turn left or right

23. Malbers

Malbers

Oh I forgot.... those animations is when you are not using the Camera Input...

Disable it and you will see it turning inplace..

This is the lite version of the wolf..

the Wolf animations has all the locomotion animation inside the blend tree:
    v upload_2020-3-11_11-15-17.png

24. Kojote

Kojote

Hallo @Malbers,

you wrote that you were about to release another savannah animal asset. Are they low poly like the Cougar?

Furthermore, which animals will be included in the package?

Malbers likes this.
  25. rocksockm

rocksockm

Hey, @Malbers ! I absolutely love the climbing that you recently added for the raccoon. Will any more animals being getting animations to support climbing? Specifically the cougar? :) I would love to be able to make the cougar climb!

Malbers likes this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Yes they will have a poly art version.
    The Savannah Pack will have:
    Elephants, Rhinos, Hippos, Crocodiles, Giraffes, Lions, Hyena, Gazelle, Wildebeest, Zebra.

Oh that is a great suggestion :)
    I'll add it to my queue

Rowlan, rocksockm and Kojote like this.
  27. SOSolacex

SOSolacex

Quite a noob question, but is it possible to make the animal controller work with a* pathfinding pro? Considering I don't have to add the "navmesh agent component" to my a* agents.

I use opsive's FPS controller and a* pathfinding pro. Would love to pair this controller with those.

28. Malbers

Malbers

Saldy the AI Animal Control uses only the Unity NavMesh system.. I haven't made anything yet with a*pathfinding

29. SOSolacex

SOSolacex

Ah, that's very unfortunate. Looks like I'll have to pass the controller then.
    Thanks for the answer.

30. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Hi! I have a problem with swimming with a wolf. The wolf does not come out of the water on Android Build. For the first time, it goes in and out well, and even with a jump. Next, I board the ship and call the DisableAnimal function and, upon arrival, call the EnableAnimal function.

Here is the video in which this happens. The problem does not appear in the Unity editor, but appears in the Android build.

P.S. The version of the asset is old, even before the update with AnimalController.

Malbers likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there !

I just saw your email :) but I'll answer it here:

in the Old AC
    the Enable and Disable Animal Function what does is simply disable the the Script ... Setting the enable to false or true
    and also Disable the Malbers Input..

Try not disabling the Animal Controller and simply Disable the Malbers Input only..

maybe disabling the AC is causing that issue..

32. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

I tried to do this. Does not help. I noticed that when I teleport Animal, it shifts a bit after teleporting. And then after that, he starts a blockage in the water.
    And yet, when I swam to the shore, the sounds of walking the animal are audible, but the animation does not switch from swimming and the animal cannot go ashore.
    All these problems only appear in Android Build.
    I saw Teleport Zones in the new version of the Animal Controller. Have you made any changes to the Animal script for this feature?

33. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Also I do Time.timeScale = 0f; Could this affect AC?

34. Malbers

Malbers

Actually yes...I rebuild the whole Animal Controller to be more modular.. since not all the animal needed to fly, or swim underwater or climb..

Now You can add or remove the fly, swim without affecting the core Controller..

I strongly suggest to migrate to the new Animal Controller.
    But try it first on a copy of your project... DO NOT OVERWRITE IT

You can safely use Time.timeScale = 0f; on the new controller

35. ash4640

ash4640

hi I just purchased the Animals Forest Set and Animation controller from the megabundle.
    - I want to use it with my URP jungle game project, does this pack support URP, if not please update materials to support URP.
    - Also please guide to any beginner youtube videos to setup the animation controller and to link with these animals.
    - Also I have the horse controller from You that I had purchased earlier.

36. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Thanks for the help. I solved the problem myself. The problem was that the script "MalbersInput" and my script "AnimalJoystick" were in conflict. I also forgot to add "animal.Move (Vector3.zero);" when releasing the joystick. And disable "MalbersInput" on Android Build.

Malbers likes this.
  37. vorokoi

vorokoi

@ash4640 When you import the package there is a file named "README!" Had you seen that, you would find links to a package for URP compatible materials. There are many videos, check the Youtube channel or this very same forum thread for links to the videos.

Malbers and ash4640 like this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! what @vorokoi said :)
    Also you can watch this guide on how to integrate the Animals with the Animal Controller here:

Also here's the documentation :
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/

Cheers!

ash4640 likes this.
  39. Rowlan

Rowlan

The golems are awesome. Another must have for me. I wasn't sure if the tropical island would fit, but it was a scene that I had at hand, and I was eager to try the golems :D

golem 1.jpg
    golem 2.jpg
    golem 3.jpg
    golem 4.jpg

Kojote and Malbers like this.
  40. Rowlan

Rowlan

Animated is always better :) I scaled them up to 5x their size because I felt like it :D

ftejada, Kojote and Malbers like this.
  41. RhodiumCowboy

RhodiumCowboy

Hello @Malbers

I am trying to use the Forest Animal Pack with HAP and was curious whether the rideable prefabs were current with the latest version of HAP? While the Rider mounts/dismounts without issue, it seems the Rider doesn't respond properly to the animals actions, causing the Rider to remain fixed or out of sync, which leads to clipping through the animals. No problems at all with the horses that come with HAP, just the other animals. Any insights would be much appreciated!

Capture.PNG

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  42. Rowlan

Rowlan

That "brain" feature of the animal controller is awesome. Just tried it briefly:

Gotta have them attack me and such.

43. Refeas

Refeas

Hey @Malbers! I have the forest animal pack. Is it possible to use your animations without the root motion? If I just disable the root motion on the Animator component and control the animals via NavMesh, the running animation rubberbands the animal every x seconds.

44. Malbers

Malbers

You can create RootMotion Animations inside Unity.. in case of any Run For example you can
    Set the Loop Time and Loop pose to true.. and Bake all the Root Transforms (Position and Rotation )
    That will Create In Place Animations:
    upload_2020-3-22_19-18-16.png

45. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for Reporting this...

I found the problem...

Which is that the Unity Event Raiser Scripts overwritten with an old version by the Forest Set..

Just Import again HAP or the Animal Controller and It will work again.
    upload_2020-3-22_19-22-5.png

vorokoi likes this.
  46. Rowlan

Rowlan

In the awesome Fontainebleau demo :)

fg fb 3.jpg
    fg fb 1.jpg
    fg fb 2.jpg

nirvanajie and ftejada like this.
  47. ProceduralCatMaker

ProceduralCatMaker

Great work,
    wonder if planning a future version of AC for DOTS...
    thanks

48. Refeas

Refeas

You are correct, that helped. Thanks!
    Beautiful asset by the way. :)

49. Malbers

Malbers

That is a main goal in the future... when Dots get more love and tutorials :)
    so we mortals can understand properly :)

Thank you!!!
    AMAAAAAAZING!!!

50. Rowlan

Rowlan

KeithBrown, ftejada and johaswe like this.