Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

I forgot to say it this on the Tutorial:
    If the animations you choose are NOT Root Motion; you need to go to the 'Speed Sets' tabs and select the Ground Speed, and then on the POSITION parameter of any Speed Modifier(Walk,Trot,Run), add a value higher than 0.. That will make the animal move without RootMotion. Same goes to the Rotation parameter... to increase the Turning Speed
    image.png

Vaupell and mandisaw like this.
  2. Cazual

Cazual

thanks that helped, I suppose root animation would be better for my character then, did you get someone specific to do it for your model as the person that did mine obviously did not do root animations?

3. Malbers

Malbers

Actually I do all my animations :)

4. R1PFake

R1PFake

Im not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but does anyone have a Husky-like texture for the "Poly Art: Wolf" model? How much would it cost to make one? Please send me a pm with the details.

5. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

@Malbers I was wondering if compatibility between your animal assets and Emerald AI was up to date. Also, what would be the best way for me to go about setting up companion AI using your controller/assets? Emerald has easy setup for companions, but again would depend on the current state of compatibility. Thanks for all the wonderful work!

mandisaw likes this.
  6. Shannon847

Shannon847

What did you have in mind?

7. mathiagr

mathiagr

Hi,

Does anybody know how to sync triggered event animations over Photon properly?

Animations which are triggered, such as attack, howl etc don't always get synced over multiplayer. From what I've read it's likely due to the short duration of the trigger causing it not to get synchronised over the network. Here's a video example:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

unity_dev3194 likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

Saldy it does not have any integration yet... is on the queue still..

Hopefully I will be working soon on it after updating Ootii's and Opsive UCC integrations

mandisaw and unity_dev3194 like this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Saldy I have 0 knowledge about Networking Stuff :(

10. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys Animal Controller 1.1 is out ... finally is out of beta :)

and must important is no longer free ....

Log:
    - Added: AI Brain (Based on the Plugable AI Tanks Tutorials by Unity)**** (All animals have a new sample Brain Scene)
    - Added: Aligner Script
    - Added: Mode Parameter [Ignore Lower Modes]: which Modes with higher priorities to interrupt other modes.
    - Added: Animal Center Parameter (Position bewteen both Hip and Chest Pivots)
    - Fixed Bug: The Immune property on the Stat was not working properly
    - Added: IWayPoint Interface new methods (TargetArrive and WPTransform)
    - Added: Required Field Attribute
    - Fixed: Attack Trigger collider component where not set to Trigger on Enabled.
    - Fixed: Bug. Modes sometimes stayed Active after the mode was disabled.
    - Removed: Height Parameter (is no longer Needed)
    - Fixed: On the Stats: Degenerate it was not Degenerating on Enable.
    - Added: Aligner Attack Modifier (It does the same as the Attack Aligner Mode Modifier).
    - Removed Align Section from the Zones and Replaced it with the new aligner Component
    - Zones are now Prefab Variants
    - Fixed: Jump Basic Parameters and Activate method.
    - Added: AITarget Script and IAITarget Interface
    - Added: Mode Parameter [Ignore Lower Modes]: which Modes with higher priorities to interrupt other modes
    - Fixed: Modes sometimes got stuck.
    - Fixed: Attack triggers with big areas did not attack twice if the target animal never exited the Attack trigger
    - Fixed: Undo on Blend Shape component
    - Fixed: Undo on Material Changer component
    - Fixed: Undo on Active Meshes component
    - Added: Jump Basic has now multiple Jumps
    - Added: AI Movement "Climb UP" on off mesh links (Check Raccoon)
    - Fixed: On Scaled Animals the Falling Gravity was failing.

mandisaw and mathiagr like this.
  11. SDPlissken

SDPlissken

I purchased Horse Animset Pro and am trying to do the Invector basic integration but am not able to get past an error. I'm using the latest official release and am building to UWP/Xbox.

I've tried these steps several times but can't get past the errors (tried again after recent updates):

- Delete package downloads from local drive
    - New Project
    - Download/Import Invector Basic
    - Download/Import the Animal Controller
    - Download/Import Horse Animset Pro
    --- Open the demos and they are working good.
    - Download/Import the Invector Integration Package (HAP (4.0.4) Invector BasicTemplate (2.5).unitypackage)

After import of the integration, there are errors on the console:

1) Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Basic\InvectorHAPLink.cs(4,16): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'vCamera' does not exist in the namespace 'Invector' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

2) Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Basic\InvectorHAPLink.cs(5,16): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'vCharacterController' does not exist in the namespace 'Invector' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

3) Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Invector\Basic\InvectorHAPLink.cs(6,16): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'vCharacterController' does not exist in the namespace 'Invector' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

The integration documentation does not reflect what I see. In step 4 it shows a picture of the Invector@Basiclocomotion HAP 4. I do not see this controller. I can only choose:

upload_2020-1-19_12-55-46.png

Clicking on the vBasicController Rider - shows a prefab error that there are missing scripts (7).

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

12. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!

I've just test it out and it seems that Invector's Has not updated the Free Template of its asset to the latest Version...

I got the same errors ..

Try this version instead (for the FREE Basic Template:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G9Wj8k7m32OMcyCrGrOyK_CGUiNBZ0Lg

13. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Thanks for responding. Could you give me a rough estimate on the timeline?

14. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

WOAH! I'm a little late to the party. I stepped away from Unity for a few months, only to come back and find that the controller functionality has been removed!

I'm so disappointed.

EDIT: I just realized if I downloaded the new animal controller just a few days ago I'd be okay? I'm a gutted. This doesn't feel right.

15. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there mate!

I remove it yes... Mostly because the Animal Controller has been converted into a separated asset... Is easier for me to add more features this way and maintain support...

The old way If I changed a variable or create a new method... I had to update all the 20 assets every time... which it was very stressful..

now I can safely kill bugs and add more features to the controller without having to touch the animals.

All the Integrations the the AC are inside a Rar file... that way the prefabs wont be broken .

Here's a quick guide
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i40ystGJcOt63q27JIIl_p-MxsxNglWPPVJb5vuPaWM/edit

16. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

hello I just updated to the new one and the rare file will not open. it says it is corrupt. it worked fine before :/

17. Rowlan

Rowlan

Yeah, has been free for 5 months, you could have only grabbed it. Plus there was a long announcement period before that.

The animation controller is excellent, well worth the price compared to what other publishers have. To me it doesn't feel right that it was free :) I had similar like you have now with other assets. So every once in a while I filter the asset store by free content and hit the "Add to my Assets" button, even if I don't need the asset.

evilangel89, mandisaw and johaswe like this.
  18. transat

transat

@Malbers a suggestion for the next version... I feel you could simplify things some more. For example, I have my terrain set to the “terrain” layer instead of default and have to modify all the animals to cater for this. But really... all the animals would usually share the one layer so there should only be one location to set this. ie. You should try to decouple as much as possible so there is less repetition. And most users would want to control their animals in a consistent way, so there should only be one place to select if flying creatures use updown for flying.

Updating all my animals after you’ve update your asset is also a bit painful. What I would like us to have ALL of the prefabs have ALL of the features. They should all have a Navmesh agent, brain, mount, etc. Its easier to enable or disable components then to have to compare all the different prefabs you’ve got to see what components I need to copy across from one to another. Right now the baby rabbit has no ai. So I need to spend time setting that up when I could just be clicking on a checkbox somewhere instead. It would also save you some work as you’d only ever have to worry about providing one prefab per animal. otherwise, another way to simplify things would be to only provide basic prefabs for the animal (with animator and basics) and then let users drag in a child game object component to add a particular feature. Even less work for you as you wouldn’t need to necessarily update each asset but only the Animal Controller one, which would be the one with all the ‘addon’ game objects (for mount, AI, etc).

Malbers likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

Actually that is a great Idea :) I'll definitely do it for a next update:

Luckily on this new Update I just upload the pain should be less painful now with the prefabs variants:
    upload_2020-1-23_21-39-14.png

Changing on the Base Prefab it should change it on all the variants... but using a Scriptable var for the LayersMasks would be easier :)

Humm.. Noted... I can create a prefab with all the features included ...
    I can also create a wizard Window :) so you can add and remove features easily :)

mandisaw and transat like this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Which of the animals did you update?
    and which rar file was corrupted? so I can check it out :)

21. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

well I updated all of the forest animals but could not get to the rideable ones in the forest pack AC rar file >Malbers Animations\Animals Packs\01 Forest Pack\Animal Controller(AC)

22. sky_dragon

sky_dragon

Is it free for Horse Animset Pro?

23. transat

transat

On 2020.1 I'm getting an error with the camera settings set to a transform, as you've currently got it set up on your prefabs.

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Object of type 'UnityEngine.Object' cannot be converted to type 'UnityEngine.Transform'.
    2. System.RuntimeType.CheckValue (System.Object value, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    3. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.ConvertValues (System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[] pinfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
    Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 10.11.42 pm.png

24. Malbers

Malbers

The Animal Controller is included in the Horse Animset Pro Asset.. (No need to buy it separately).
    You need HAP to use the Rideable Scenes, Since Hap is the one with the Riding Logic.

Thanks for reporting this .... I'll check it out...
    One scene in particular to test it out??

25. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

I have have HAP as well :). Do I have to set it up on the animals myself you mean? did you check the rar file?

26. seashell86

seashell86

Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to get the same "magic" style effect on the Tiger model as the others in the pack that seem to support it more with their submesh pieces and what not that specifically create that pattern on their fur/skin. Currently, I'm using the Color4x2 shader but I'm unsure of how to get emissive working with it :(

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  27. Malbers

Malbers

I've created a new Shader with Emission so you can swap it for the Color4x2

Try it and tell me :)

Attached Files:

mandisaw likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

You will find a rar file in every animal...
    Take a look to this quick guide:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i40ystGJcOt63q27JIIl_p-MxsxNglWPPVJb5vuPaWM/edit

29. Kojote

Kojote

Hi!

I have two questions. :)

1. unfortunately there is no zoom for the mouse wheel on the FreeCameraRig. Will this function be added or just install it yourself?

2. if I use Time.timeScale to go to my menu and then press the "Next" button and set Time.timeScale to 1 again. If you press the "Next" button, the Cougar will take action and start an attack. Is it possible to disable this?

30. transat

transat

I'm using Kinematic Character Controller for my character. Once the character has mounted I switch over to MAnimal. Beginner question: how do i trigger Set Fly by code so that the animal My character has mounted starts to fly?

31. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, Sadly there's no zoom function to the Freelook Camera Rig...
    This Rig is the same one from the Stardard assets with small adjustments... I highly recommend to use Cinemachine since it will be the default on the future.

That is because the Animal Attacks with the click... when you are on the menu you can Disable the Malbers Input Script that way the animal will not move..

You can do with many ways... here's one:

You can create a new MEvent: "Disable Input"
    upload_2020-1-27_13-56-20.png
    upload_2020-1-27_13-57-1.png

Then you can assign it to the Event Listeners of the Animal and Assign to the bool Event MalbersInput.Enable
    upload_2020-1-27_13-59-15.png

Now on your Menu Opening and Closing you can add a callback everytime you open it and close it:

and use the Event to send True or False to the Disable Input :
    Eg:
    Send False when you open it, and True when you Close the Menu:
    You can use the Enable and Disable Option of a Game Object (hide and show the menu) to connect it to the event
    Like this:
    upload_2020-1-27_14-7-45.png

if Your UI(Menu) is enabled the Input will invoke False and the Malbers Input on the Animal will be disable
    if Your UI(Menu) is Disable the Input will invoke True and the Malbers Input on the Animal will be enable

Hope this helps

Kojote likes this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

You can connect it to the Mount Events, on your Animal like this:

upload_2020-1-27_14-10-10.png

transat likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys the last version of Animal Controler is live.. and is highly recommended for you guys to update :)

V1.1.2
    - Fixed: Fall ray was failing when Ray Cast Radius was Zero on the Animal.
    - Fixed: Wait variable on the AI Animal Control was set to true when Stop was called..
    - Fixed: Removed Warning with the NavMesh Agent when the Animal was flying and it has arrived to a destination.
    - Fixed: Additional Speed is locked when the Modes are not allowed the movement
    - Fixed: Movement Detected on the Animator was not updating when the Animal was on a mode and Allow Movement was false.
    - Added: New Scriptable Variable : Layer Var (for future features :) )
    - Fixed: Underwater State Try Activate method was entering every time when Input Camera was true. solved
    - Added: On Trigger Proxy.. Added the Option to ignore Triggers
    - Fixed: Move Stop Task on the AI brain was not updating the Stopping distance on the "Move to target" option.
    - Fixed: Sometimes the animal is to large and when flying the Landing Logic is blocked by the head bone and affects the AI when landing... Added new Blocking Bone Landing Logic to the Fly state

mandisaw, Kojote and transat like this.
  34. transat

transat

@Malbers Would you be able to add an option in MAnimal to disable the movement control side of things? I'd like to try using the Kinematic Character Controller for this.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 11.49.33 am.png

35. Malbers

Malbers

that would be extremely difficult...
    Because all the Other Panels also depends from the movement
    The States,Speeds, Advanced.. the Modes and the Stance not so much

What you would like to use only from the Animal Controller?

36. pagan_poetry

pagan_poetry

Hello, Malbers. If i purchased this asset when it was free, can i use new updated versions for the commercial purposes?

37. seashell86

seashell86

I've noticed that the various shaders don't want to compile without Amplify when using the Universal Render Pipeline. Anyone else noticing this?

38. MirrorSpock

MirrorSpock

well this sucks, I bought the LowPoly fox in 2017 and, while I did see that there were updates coming, I didn't know the controller was going to be a separate purchase or I would have clicked it.. :( any way to help me out? I only use it for personal projects and wanted to create a VR scene for my daughters, I can't really justify spending €27 to restore this functionality..

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  39. MirrorSpock

MirrorSpock

does anyone have a sample project or suggestions on how to get back the "walk between points" functionality without having the Animal Controller?

40. Kojote

Kojote

Once again, I have a question. I wanted to use the script "Steps Manager" on another animal. Only this script is active. On the paws are the 4 tracks, also named "Track". The objects track, I copied from the Cougar and aligned to the new feet. Problem is, as soon as the game starts, the sphere colliders deactivate themselves. Box Colliders do the same. When I turn them on in the game, the dust and sounds work. With deactivated spheres there are no particles. Why is that?

41. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! of course you can :)
    I've created a new URPL version for all the shaders..
    You can find it here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-dBD0l7X_bPb_FxyUXAFxcatCNj3rXWG

Apologies for the inconveniences it may cause.. the Animal Controller kept evolving to become its own asset..
    The Animal controller was free while it was on beta 5 months, so all the old users got the chance to get it since it was part of the animals...

Please send me your invoice number of your fox purchase to my email malbers.shark87@gmail.com and I will send you the old version with the old animal controller included.

Hi there .. For the Step Manager and Step Triggers to work they need this structure:

Each Tracker Object needs to have the sphere collider and the Step Trigger Script:
    upload_2020-1-29_20-45-51.png

and on the Root of the Object.. You need to Add the Step Manager:
    upload_2020-1-29_20-46-47.png

Now:
    if there's No Step Manager ---> The Steps Trigger will remove themselves
    If The Step Manager Active = false ---> The Steps Trigger will Disable themselves:

Here's the code that do that:
    upload_2020-1-29_20-49-13.png

Kojote likes this.
  42. Kojote

Kojote

All four feet have the "Step Trigger" as shown in picture 1. I have them like you "Track Trigger LF" or "Track Trigger RF", before all were just called "Track". As you can see on picture 3, I set the "Step Manager" to Public and it will be found. But the Sphere Collider is deactivated again.

43. Malbers

Malbers

Okey the tracks should be working.. there's no reason for the sphere colliders to be disabled...
    that is something to do with another external script.

Try this.. disable one by one the scripts on the Root ... and hit play to see which one is causing the disable trigger..

Another question:
    Why you have a Action Zone Eat inside the hierarchy??

44. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys!

Thanks to Game Creator I found this GitHub Book thingy and I'm in love!!
    Now I can do a decent Documentation for the assets .. instead of the crappy Google doc I Had...

Here's a preview:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/riding/hap-riding-system

I'm dedicating 2h daily just for the new documentation...

Please be patience.. must of the section are empty but I'm filling them as I go :D:p

There's a section Called " How to "
    in which I'm creating tiny tutorials for common question I've found on the forums
    and if you have any suggestions for this section please let me know

transat likes this.
  45. Kojote

Kojote

When the Enemy dies, this game object is activated and serves as food for the player.

EDIT:

You were right. The step manager works. Emerald Al is deactivating the spheres for some reason. But why this is being done, I cannot say yet.

Another problem is that not only Spheres, but also Boxes, Wheels and Mesh Colliders are deactivated.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  46. Malbers

Malbers

Nice one :cool:;):D

Kojote likes this.
  47. Kojote

Kojote

I found a nice bug I wouldn't want to keep from you guys.

If the water has a mesh collider, this is what happens:

Tag: Water
    Layer: Water
    Convec: Deaktivated

Question:

I have a problem with that right now. In the old version "Animal" I had the possibility to use the trigger "On Animal Action" in the actions. As soon as I pressed "E", I could control my scripts, give the player his food and let the carcass of the Enemy disappear.

With the new action zone I only have the possibility to use OnAnimalEnter and OnAnimalExit. Both for my case not good, because no matter if the player eats or not, as soon as I am Enter or Exit, my dead Enemys will disappear. So leaving the loot lying around is no longer possible. However an essential part of my game. Is it possible to implement "OnAnimalAction" again?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  48. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much for reporting this...

I'll try to reproduce it!

the On Animal Action is now Called Now is called On Zone Active
    upload_2020-1-31_11-26-44.png

Kojote likes this.
  49. osire09

osire09

hi, I am trying to make a water sound to play when my character is swimming with Sound Behavior and I have a problem. I have play on time checked but the sound is turning off after a while, not sure if its a bug or I am doing something wrong.
    Next, I noticed weird behavior on the crawl zone, the video below.

Also in zone script with stat modifier, it is possible to make it that I can modify more that one stat?

50. Malbers

Malbers

Actually that was an old bug I fix on the new update for the wolf...
    the problem was that for the Crawl Animations I was Disabling the Colliders ... and by doing that the Zone still got enabled...

On the Wolf Animator Remove the Colliders Modifiers ..

and add the IsKinematic Behaviour Instead:
    upload_2020-1-31_13-0-31.png
    HYcZ54Z4wo.gif