Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Animals

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Talio202

Talio202

I just wanted to say your assets are great, however I am having one small problem. The elemental dragon are reacting to the sleep prefab location and it’s working and playing the animation. However the eat and drink and roar prefabs are not working. If you could give me an idea of where I’m going wrong or let me know if you need more information that would be great. :)

2. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a copy of the new animal Controller for you guys play around w
    Try Checking the Action ID on those prefabs.. it should have assigned the right Action ID on those zones..
    upload_2019-7-30_12-1-47.png

But! if the Dragon does not have those animations (drink, Roar) then the Dragon/Animal will complete ignore the Zone
    and I believe in the case of the Elemental Dragon ... it does not have those animations :(

3. Malbers

Malbers

mandisaw, KeithBrown and Rowlan like this.
  4. Talio202

Talio202

Thank you! I’ll check it out. I didn’t realize the dragon didn’t have a roar. XD

Malbers likes this.
  5. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Is there a way to set the next waypoint through code?

I want to instantiate a new waypoint, and on the previously instantiated waypoint, set its next waypoint to be the new one.

Code (CSharp):
    1. GameObject newWayPoint = Instantiate(wayPointPrefab,newWayPointPosition, Quaternion.Euler(Vector3.forward));
    2. lastWayPoint.GetComponent<IWayPoint>().NextTarget = newWayPoint.transform;
    Alas the .NextTarget property is read only.

6. Malbers

Malbers

<IWayPoint>().NextTarget gets a random Transform from the list Next Targets.... if you want to assign a new Next Target for the way points
    Try this instead:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. GameObject newWayPoint = Instantiate(wayPointPrefab, newWayPointPosition, Quaternion.Euler(Vector3.forward));
    3. lastWayPoint.GetComponent<MWayPoint>().NextTargets = new List<Transform>(1) { newWayPoint.transform };

7. Rowlan

Rowlan

I found a perfect combination of 2 assets :)

@Malbers Need more realistic animals, like seriously :D

8. brettj

brettj

In AnimalCallBacks.cs, IsTakingDamageTime() is prevents an animal from taking damage more than once per frame, even when the damage delay is set to 0. The change below fixed this for me.

Code (CSharp):
    1.         IEnumerator IsTakingDamageTime(float time)
    2.         {
    3.             isTakingDamage = time > 0;
    4.             yield return new WaitForSeconds(time);
    5.             isTakingDamage = false;
    6.         }

9. Rowlan

Rowlan

I only tried the flying mechanics so far, but the new controller is awesome :)

Thank you very much for your help!

ftejada and Malbers like this.
  10. MostHated

MostHated

Heya @Malbers I saw you released the source of the original animal controller, does that mean perhaps something new is coming finally? :D

11. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!... now actually I'm migrating all the animals to the new controller which is a bit slow... but after that is full production!!

A bit of warning... that new controller is not compatible with the old one :) so please wait until I release the new version of all the animals already working with this new controller

12. MostHated

MostHated

This is great news, I am quite excited about it. Does this also mean a new version of HAP?

Shoot, it sounds like this might mean I have to rebuy all the animals again with the new system?

13. Malbers

Malbers

Yes new HAP with new animations!!! and new features.. and the Animal Controller Included..

Not at all..

Now the animals will not have the controller include in their assets.... just the Models, textures and animations... and a folder with all the prefabs and the demos already set with the New controller ( that you can remove if you do not want to use my controller)..

That is why the Animal Controller(AC) is now a separated assets ( and it will be free for 2 months) so all my faithful users can download the controller with no cost at all ;)

It is easier for me now to update the controller alone, and fix bugs... without having to update all the 20 assets every time I add a new variable ;)

14. MostHated

MostHated

Oh! So the controller that you just released *is* the new one? I had misunderstood. I thought that the one that was just released (since it was free) was the base controller for the original one, and since you were coming out with a newer one you were giving the old one away free.

I didn't realize that the newly released one is the actual new controller. I will definitely have to check it out then. : D

I agree it will be way easier now, lol. Probably less chance for things to get goofy when trying to import multiple things at once as well.

Well congrats on being close to the finish line, I have been looking forward to seewhat you have done / are doing with the new stuff!

15. Dawar

Dawar

hi Marbler's.
    I recently download animal controller. and import to Unity 2018.2.8f1
    its throw so much bugs. can you please tell me how to fix it.

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Events/MalbersEvents.cs(18,47): error CS1070: The type `UnityEngine.RaycastHit' has been forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced. Enable the built in package 'Physics' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Events/MalbersEvents.cs(49,45): error CS1070: The type `UnityEngine.Collider' has been forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced. Enable the built in package 'Physics' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.
    Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal Controller/Behaviours/AttackTriggerBehaviour.cs(18,43): error CS1070: The type `UnityEngine.Animator' has been forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced. Enable the built in package 'Animation' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.
    Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal Controller/Behaviours/ModeBehaviour.cs(22,30): error CS0115: `MalbersAnimations.Controller.ModeBehaviour.OnStateEnter(UnityEngine.Animator, UnityEngine.AnimatorStateInfo, int)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

16. Dawar

Dawar

I fix this problem myself. just delete the last most packages Folder. it will solve the problem thanks

Malbers likes this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

I thought that was the problem ;)

Dawar likes this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

Try this new version:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J0UAotdGfbU101Qa6gDkHAK4H37Pwg4m
    Is the one I sent yesterday to Unity
    it has a lot of bug fixed

Rowlan and Dawar like this.
  19. Dawar

Dawar

20. mandisaw

mandisaw

Apologies if this came up earlier, but will there be any significant documentation/manual updates with the new controller, or is the overall framework structure basically the same? I've been holding off on doing the integration until the new AC (+HAP) updates, and I just want to know if it's okay to mostly work with the old manual & new assets (when they're all pushed).

I think the main external integration points I'm worried about for now are navigation (NavMesh/point & click), triggers/states, and tying HAP into Ootii Motion Controller. (I can ask that last bit over on the HAP forum, if that's better.)

21. tredpro

tredpro

would it be possible to get an emerald ai integration?

22. tredpro

tredpro

also any idea when this can be installed with HAP?

23. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

How do you fly in the asset?

24. Malbers

Malbers

Apologies to all for the late reply I just saw this messages on the Animal forum.

I'm working on migrating all the animals to the new Animal Controller (AC) ... all the dragons are already migrated after so I will work on all the animals ..

After that I will update all the current integrations with the animals and HAP (Invector, Ootii, Opsive) and then I will work on the new ones like emerald ,

emerald Every animal/ creature takes 2 days to migrate correclty .. so I really appreciate your patience guys...
    is just a One man job...

I'm also will work on Update the documentation and create new tutorials for the new HAP and AC..

When they get updated they will be automatically be rideable with the new HAP

you can fly the animals pressing Q (the ones who can fly.. like the ravens)

mandisaw likes this.
  25. MangeyD

MangeyD

I downloaded your new AC today and I love it!! Great job!

Will you eventually have a wizard or a step by step guide for using other animals and humans with your new controller?

26. Malbers

Malbers

27. MangeyD

MangeyD

Sounds awesome. I am looking forward to the tutorials, although I will try to work it out for myself while I wait :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    mandisaw and Malbers like this.
  28. compuguru992000

compuguru992000

Getting a bunch of errors when I import the Horse Animset Pro along with this animal pack, could you tell me what I should delete from either pack to get compatibility?

Unity 2018.4.9f1

Attached Files:

29. Malbers

Malbers

At the moment the animals and HAP are not compatibles

Please wait until all the animals are migrated to the new Animal Controller..
    I'm finishing all the last dragon today and next week I'll start with the animals.

Apologies for the inconveniences this may cause

30. mandisaw

mandisaw

Posting this bug here, just in case other folks experience the same issue. On the new version of Animal Controller (v1.03b), there's a bug in the AIControl component where you can be locked-in on the default version of the current State.

I was trying to use the Random behavior to flip through a couple of Idles, but only the default version would play. It looks like without a target set, AIControl was calling Stop/Interrupt and overwriting whatever IntID Random was trying to set the Animator to.

Here's my temp-fix (in AIControl.Stop, line 321):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (IsInMode) { // added this conditional, not sure if there's a more direct accessor
    2.     animal.Mode_Interrupt();
    3. }
    Hope that helps!

31. MangeyD

MangeyD

A cheeky observation :)

I know you are busy now setting your existing animals up in the new controller, but if you took some time to make a wizard it would speed up the process and reduce a lot of repetitive manual work for yourself.... oh and we'd all love a wizard we could use ourselves :)

Just saying :p

32. mandisaw

mandisaw

The Animal component is pretty beefy (and copy-paste capable!) as-is... I'm curious what kind of wizard-ish functionality you're thinking about.

33. MangeyD

MangeyD

I was having trouble getting this to work with other animals and wanted some tutorials for this... and I guess the concept of a wizard is what you see with other controllers out there that make it easy to drag a model into a wizard and have a lot of things automatically setup

Malbers made the comment earlier in this thread that it would take 2 days per animal to convert them to the new controller... so if it takes that long for someone who knows the controller it will take me much longer... and if a wizard could automate some or all of the effort it could take two days per animal and reduce it to several animals a day.

Anyway I really like the feel of this controller and have a number of animals and other creatures I would like to get setup with it so I just need to keep trying to get over the issues I initially saw.

34. RobotsHateBugs

RobotsHateBugs

I wanted to make a rabbit that can run really fast, so I raised the position value of the run speed. The problem is, I now jump really slow. I tried changing the Jump Forward value, but it doesn't seem to have any effect, even if I change it to a ridiculously high number. How can I make the animal move faster during a jump?

35. Malbers

Malbers

You also need to change the Jump Forward value on the Jump animations here:
    upload_2019-10-1_11-33-40.png

36. Malbers

Malbers

A Wizard is also an amazing Idea... I need to investigate on how to create an animator controller with new Animation states connected with each other from a "Create window". I'll put a pin on it :)

What I'm doing now is exactly that... copying and pasting ...

I use a already migrated animal and Replace the Animation on the ANimator controller... and copy an paste the similar settings on the animal controller....

I''m creating some context menu to connect automatically the Scripts between them ...
    upload_2019-10-1_11-37-36.png

But as soon as I finish the migration I'm working on the new tutorials that are so desperately needed :)

and this guys are my subjects :)

upload_2019-10-1_11-39-49.png

mandisaw likes this.
  37. creat327

creat327

I'm having issues with Horse Animset Pro and Fox. When I import Horse Animset, it removes a whole bunch of files and scripts from Fox. And when I import Fox, it removes scripts from Animset Pro. It seems they are not synched (for what I see most are in the Common folder). Any ideas?

38. digiross

digiross

Any plans for farm animals? Please?

39. Malbers

Malbers

The animals are not updated yet on the new animal controller (therefore they are not compatibles at the moment)... they will be out before month ends...
    (cougar, bear, tiger and wolf are already on pending review...)
    I'm still working on migrating the remaining ones
    Apologies for the issues this may cause.

Yes!! I have the farm animals on the queue... but they are scheduled for the first months next year

digiross likes this.
  40. digiross

digiross

That is excellent news! Your models are awesome!

41. marco-maceratesi

marco-maceratesi

Hello,
    I have the same problem with your Poly Art: Fox!
    Please fix it and thank you for your great assets!

It also happens following the information on the store page, i.e. removing the Malbers Animations Folder and re-importing animal assets (like Fox).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  42. Malbers

Malbers

the Integration will be available by this 15th

mandisaw likes this.
  43. p_hergott

p_hergott

Is the new controller not integrated with rewired yet?

44. Malbers

Malbers

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019 at 3:25 AM
  45. p_hergott

p_hergott

46. p_hergott

p_hergott

For a wizard, wouldnt just creating a overrde animator be pretty easy? And fast.

mandisaw likes this.
  47. Malbers

Malbers

The problem is that not all the Creatures has the same amount of animations ...
    So setting the animator for now is a Manual job.
    On it! I'll let you know if I find the bug on my side

mandisaw likes this.
  48. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Are you using the latest Rewired version? The latest version of Rewired is 1.1.28.0 on the asset store.

49. Malbers

Malbers

...yeah that is the problem I was using an old version

I'll let you know when the integration is ready

50. p_hergott

p_hergott

Just add some more animations lol