Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Animals

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

Here a small preview for the new controller :)

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    nirvanajie, DrOcto and Simod like this.
  2. Malbers

Malbers

I havent test it out yet on 2019.. once I finish the new controller that hopefully should be soon I will check those warnings.... Hopefully they should not affect anything ... you can ignore them for now :D

DrOcto likes this.
  3. wood333

wood333

Got an error on animal proxy c#, so I ripped the script out. Error solved. Was that script important for anything?

No root motion for the deer?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  4. Malbers

Malbers

The animal proxy script is no longer needed it :) you can remove it

5. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin

Hi @Malbers

Firstly. All your Assets are great.

I've had a look at the Integrations sections of your documentation and I was wondering if you could answer a few questions.

Can you integrate this with the InControl asset?
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/input-management/incontrol-14695

Do you know if the assets can be used with PlayMaker?

Would you consider packaging the Little Dragons in to a set?

Would you offer Pro/Plus discounts on packages/sets?

Is there any wander script for the Animals and Dragons?

Thanks for your help?

6. christougher

christougher

Very much kicking myself for not picking this up when it was on sale. Such cool work!

Malbers and Rowlan like this.
  7. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you!
    Is on the queue
    Let me finish the new controller ... so I can jump after that to the integration again.

I have not make any official integration... but I have seen users make it work with playmaker.

Not at the moment.
    I had my packages on Plus/Pro discount.. maybe Unity Team took remove it temporally.
    there's something similar ... you can a list of waypoints , and the AI Prefab for the animals to make it randomly walk to those way points and wait x time ... then move to another waypoint ...etc

8. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin

Thanks for your reply @Malbers

I've actually purchased the Animals and Dragons now :)

Looking forward to the InControl integration. Thanks.

Malbers likes this.
  9. conan222

conan222

Hi,

I've purchased your Poly Art Ravens & Crows for Unity 2018.3.3f1 (64-bit). I already own the Bears and the Deers and have them working in the project but can't seem to get this Raven one going.

When I try to run Raven _Demo Poly Art demo scene or the Raven AI demo scene I get the following compiler errors.

Unity failed to read string at line 26411 of 'Assets/Malbers Animations/Animals Packs/02 Birds Pack/Raven/01 Demo Scene/Raven _Demo Poly Art.unity' due to type mismatch. This problem occurs when a member field in the script has changed and Unity is attempting to load data with the old format, or when the data is corrupt.

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Editor\ActionPackEditor.cs(8,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Actions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Editor\ActionPackEditor.cs(12,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Actions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Can you help me out please as unfortunately I can't run any of the scenes in the project now :confused:

Thanks for your time,

Andrew

10. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Did you update your Bears and Deers packages? All of Malbers packages use common code and when you update one you need to update them all. In your case you bought a new package instead of updating but the idea is the same.

11. conan222

conan222

Thanks for your reply Keith. Appreciate it.

I deleted ActionPackEditor.cs and was able to get my other scenes running correctly and could work on something else.

I didn't know about having to update them all so went ahead and downloaded and added these two

Poly+Art+Raven+Crows+1.91.unitypackage
    Poly+Art+Deer+1.91.unitypackage

No problems running the scene or other scenes in the project.

I then downloaded and added Poly Art Bear.unitypackage and got the compile errors again as it was this package that added the ActionPackEditor.cs

Not sure why Poly Art Bear.unitypackage doesn't have the +1.91 in the title? Perhaps it's an older package and in need of an update on the CGTrader website?

Poly Art Bears - Publish date 2018-04-13
    Poly Art Ravens and Crows - Publish date 2019-02-27
    Poly Art Deer 3D model - Publish date 2018-03-19

Can the owner of this Poly Art Bear asset please check the version on CGTrader and make sure all is good with it, especially the ActionPackEditor.cs file?

Cheers,

Andrew

Malbers likes this.
  12. conan222

conan222

Just wanted to add that the bears in my other scene no longer follow their assigned waypoints and just stay in one place. Guessing that was caused when I deleted the following file as that's the one that gets added by Poly Art Bear.unitypackage

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Editor\ActionPackEditor.cs

Same thing happens in the Bear AI demo scene as the bear now just runs off in a random direction instead of jumping in the enclosure and pushing down the wall etc.

Malbers likes this.
  13. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

@Malbers will have to update them as he is the owner.

The last release of the Bears on the Unity store is Jan 28, 2019. So I would say that is definitely the problem.

Malbers likes this.
  14. Malbers

Malbers

I'm Updating all the Assets on CGtrader to the latest version :) thanks for reporting this

15. conan222

conan222

Thanks again for the replies. I jumped over to CGTrader and downloaded Poly+Art+Bear+1.91.unitypackage. After importing and running the Bear AI demo scene the bear now starts inside that first enclosure, walks over to the push zone and then does nothing. Just stays put and looks around. I get the following error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MalbersAnimations.Action.op_Implicit (MalbersAnimations.Action reference) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Actions/Actions.cs:13)

MalbersAnimations.ActionZone.OnTriggerEnter (UnityEngine.Collider other) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Actions/ActionZone.cs:116)

Back in my own scene with the bear, the waypoints have all broken as the On target arrived have been deleted so nothing happens after the first waypoint which has been set in the Animal AI Control section.

I noticed that the 'On target arrived' have also been deleted in the Bear AI demo scene.

Is this fixable at all?

Cheers.

16. Malbers

Malbers

Please check on the Action Zones that all the Action parameters are not Empty...

upload_2019-6-15_20-4-30.png

17. conan222

conan222

Hi.

Just checked in the untouched Bear AI demo scene.

The action is visible when the scene isn't playing as shown below.

But then when I play the scene I get this below. No action in that field and also as the bear walks into the Zone Push Stand things go messy

The error is this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MalbersAnimations.Action.op_Implicit (MalbersAnimations.Action reference) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Actions/Actions.cs:13)
    MalbersAnimations.ActionZone.OnTriggerEnter (UnityEngine.Collider other) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Actions/ActionZone.cs:116)

I noticed the same error coming up in the raven AI demo as the birds that look to be landing on the zone perch just fall to the ground.

Raven Poly Art AI (2) seems to fly around ok to the different AirPoints and Wayponts but the others just fall to the ground.

Does this shed any light on the problem?

18. netpost

netpost

Hi,

Is there a way to record the animation generated by the controller when using it in realtime? The realistic raccoons pack seems great! Since my end goal is to rendered videos and not to build a game, this would improve the workflow a lot.

Thanks for shedding the light on this.

19. Malbers

Malbers

You can use the timeline and make blocks of animations to make a story :)

20. mandisaw

mandisaw

There have been a bunch of Unite & GDC talks over the past couple of years geared towards people using Unity for film shorts rather than games. You can check those out on Youtube - try searching either generally for Unity for Film, or specifically for internal/external projects showcasing Unity's film capabilities (Adam, The Blacksmith, and Book of the Dead were the last few annual in-house ones).

There are a lot of Unity blog posts on the subject too. This one (Introducing Sherman, pt 1) just went up last week and specifically features advanced fur effects and the new HD scriptable render pipeline, so it might be up your alley.

Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

The error you are getting is when the Action parameter on the Action Zone is Empty...
    I have test it out both assets on empty projects and they work as expected ..
    I don't understand why you still getting that error :(

22. studiodigilog

studiodigilog

@mandisaw Thanks a lot for the reply. I read all there is on the subject in the last year but I will definitely take a look at "Introducing Sherman". It is just that Malbers animations has done some amazing assets with built in controller that animates in real time. And as I am always looking for ways to improve my workflow, I can't believe that there isn't a solution to record the input of the controller yet. :)

@Malbers The timeline is the solution I am using now but I would gladly buy the asset that allows to record the input of a controller along with the animation data. I will probably buy the realistic raccoons pack sometime soon anyway.

Thanks a lot!

mandisaw and Malbers like this.
  23. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Are you looking for something like this? https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-ultimate-replay-complete-state-based-replay-system.479977/

mandisaw likes this.
  24. netpost

netpost

@KeithBrown Thank you so much, I will look into it.

Malbers likes this.
  25. jfml

jfml

Hi, I have a super basic problem: I'm trying to make a deer walk to a waypoint and it's working in the demo scene but when I make prefabs of the deer and a waypoint and drop them in a new scene it's not working and I get a warning in the console saying: "Failed to create agent because there is no valid NavMesh".

Any idea what might be wrong?

26. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Malbers and jfml like this.
  27. jfml

jfml

28. Malbers

Malbers

jfml and KeithBrown like this.
  29. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

That was an easy one. I will leave the hard ones to you. :)

Malbers and jfml like this.
  30. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I'm curious what the upgrade process to the new version will be like. Can it safely update modified prefabs or will I need to replace everything?

31. Malbers

Malbers

Actually the New version is not compatible with the old one
    so you need to erase all the Malbers Folder and replace it with the new one..

32. netpost

netpost

Hi,

I bought the Realistic Raccoon pack last week. Great asset by the way!

Small question... Is there a way to disable root motion in the prefab raccoon? I just want to apply an animation on the timeline on a raccoon mesh but I am not sure I understand how to apply the materials on the model (white) raccoons. I thought using the prefab would be easier but the root motion state is enabled thru script only and I have no programming knowledge. :)

Thank you.

33. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

As an owner of the Moose & Deer packs, would I be able to substitute the animal with a horse from Synty Studios' Horse Pack? I don't need all the functionality of the Animset Pro, I just need the same capabilities and animations that your moose do... but a horse instead!

34. Malbers

Malbers

Yes you could! Actually the Synty Horse uses the same bones of the Horse from HAP so you can use the same Animator and/or animations... without the Riding system

mandisaw and HeyBishop like this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

On the new controller you can change it easily on the Animal Control...

Meanwhile you can do this:
    Go to the MalbersMovement script and comment this code:
    upload_2019-7-2_11-9-24.png

and on the inspector Tab, Use Right Click to change the Mode to debug Mode:
    upload_2019-7-2_11-10-48.png
    that way you can enable disable the Root Motion on the Animal...

This Month I will be migrating all the Assets to the New controller to stay tuned for the new Update :)

36. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

That's super!!
    Thanks!

37. netpost

netpost

Thank you. I will try your solution until the new super duper amazing controller is out. ;)

38. MrFoxmanGaming

MrFoxmanGaming

I just bought the fox, rabbit, and bear assets and everything you've produced is amazing and I plan on getting more in the future. As well as the dragons when I can afford to add more of your assets to my library. Do you have more animals in the works or take requests/suggestions? I saw you have some birds and I was thinking bats would be cute to have.

Malbers likes this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

Right now after the new update I will be working on the realistic version of the animals...
    and after that I will make the Farm set

but feel free to throw some suggestions for future assets :)

Rowlan likes this.
  40. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

The domestic cat!!! I can think of a million uses for a cat. Also, it could fit in with the farm animals.

mandisaw, Malbers and Rowlan like this.
  41. borkbork

borkbork

I'd love a Squirrel!

SirTwistedStorm and Malbers like this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

a gliding squirrel will be awesome!!

SirTwistedStorm, Rowlan and borkbork like this.
  43. Spifany

Spifany

Hi ! First of all, thank you for the assets, they are awesome ! I took the bunny one, and i would like to know :
    I want an AI Bunny attacking me when they reach the stopping distance in AnimalAI. So i called "Animal.SetAttack" OnPositionArrived (Vector3). The animation of attack is playing, but not the damage one for me, neither my life change :/ Did i do something wrong ?

44. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you for your kind words :)
    The Attacks animations enables the Attack triggers.. if your player or the thing you want to hit is not inside the Trigger while is activated, ir will not cause damage, what you can do is to increase the size of all Attack Triggers.

45. Spifany

Spifany

Thank you, it's good ! :D But now, i saw i can't attack back when i recieve an hit, and the same for the IA x)

46. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

I can't believe I can't figure this out... how do I trigger the death of an animal with code?

Malbers likes this.
  47. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Seconds after I posted, I found my answer:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. animal = GetComponent<Animal>();
    2. animal.Death = true;
    Might I suggest adding this to the documentation.

mandisaw and Malbers like this.
  48. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Did you ever add the ragdoll ability?
    If so, how do you trigger it?

I want my animal to get hit by a car.

Malbers likes this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

I will added to the FAQ Section ;)

No, I haven't add the Ragdoll system yet...
    When I finish migrating all the animals I'll start with the Climbing logic (for the raccoon) and then I will work on the Ragdoll Logic

50. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Oooh! Climbing will be great!

mandisaw likes this.