Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there THanks for finding that bug ... here's the fix on the attatchmend

About the Tracks... Yes... I have noticed that too.... that is because the tracks are particles (it is better for performance than the other way which is instantiate the track game objects at run-time.... but with platforms it causes that effect

Attached Files:

2. BlanketsWilson

BlanketsWilson

Hello! I have the low poly rabbit asset. I'm wondering if you've updated the asset to work with Unity 2018.3. This is specifically the swimming. It just falls through the water.

3. SalvageGames

SalvageGames

Edit: to say that I forgot to download the Unity Standard Assets and that fixed it.
    I am leaving the post incase someone else has the same problem.

Picked up the Pro Horse and Pro Raven/Crow pack in the sale.

I get these with downloading into a new project.
    I deleted the file and redownloaded but still got it. I then reinstalled but still get it again.

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/iMalbersInput.cs(121,40): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/iMalbersInput.cs(131,40): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/iMalbersInput.cs(136,40): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/iMalbersInput.cs(141,40): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Ha!
    Now I have one that is not a Malbers notice but a Standard Assets error 'Water Base' issue.
    On to searching for something else to download. *Edit Again: Fix for this 'WaterBase' issue was to move the Water folder out of the Standard Assets/Editor folder and into /Assets/Editor folder. After that, the error went away.

By the way, the family loves your animals and wants to buy the poly animal pack for Christmas.
    Feliz Navidad

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Ultrapp likes this.
  4. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Imported mablers crow into latest Unity 2018.3.0f2 and hit play on the Raven AI scene. All flying Ravens are spinning around like crazy. I have no errors in the console. Does anybody know if I skipped a step? Or is this a problem with latest unity version?

argh6543 likes this.
  5. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Not sure about AI, but I've been working in some detail with the raven in 2018.3 with zero problems and I've been doing some unusual stuff. (pretty astonished at the quality of craft in this asset, btw - my hat's off)

6. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

I have an infinite ocean world with a boat, and I want to put wings on the boat and give it the ability to fly for short times.

I'm using the Raven for this, and so far have isolated the wings in the skinned mesh and attached my boat hull as a child of the chest pivot. It looks great flying and the wings are in position.

So far I'm using the Raven controller & rigging unmodified except for deleted meshes.

Next I'm planning to do the following, and would appreciate any advice!
    1. hide the wings (i.e. the whole mesh) whenever I'm not flying.
    2. add a swim mode. hoping there's a duck controller I can buy. This will just be the boat, maybe with sail animations
    3. modify the walk animation. to a) add back in the raven leg mesh b) position the legs so the poke out of the hull of the boat in a cool way (otherwise, the walk cycle works great now for a fantastical walking boat animation)
    4. transition between swim walk, and fly mode appropriately

? Since I'm showing wings only during flying and legs only during walking, should that be two separate meshes or can I turn different parts of the single mesh on and off ?

? If I add sail animations to my boat, can I add a second animation controller to the Raven master controller?

Thanks for a great product!

upload_2018-12-25_23-58-36.png

Dave-Me, Rowlan and transat like this.
  7. argh6543

argh6543

What platform are you on? I've tried it on Android and it seems to work while on MacOS the raven starts jittering uncontrollably as soon as I try to move it forward...

8. argh6543

argh6543

Just for kicks I tried 2019.1.0a11 and same behavior as 2018.3.0f2 - after a few moves, the raven just starts spinning controllably...

9. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

I'm on MacOS on 2018.3f2. I am running in metal but doubt that that that matters.

10. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hello, I bought Unka to check out the swim behavior. Looks like it can do what I want for my boat-raven hybrid.

How would I go about copying the swim behavior from Unka to the Raven setup?

Fantastic work. Really elegant setups and artwork.

- Matt

11. Rahallion

Rahallion

Hey Malbers,

I'm having an issue with the ravens that I can't figure out. I recently updated to Unity 2018.3.0f2, which is when the issue started, as I didn't have any problems in a previous version. But now, whenever I try flying with any of the ravens, they start flipping over and over. It doesn't happen until they're in the air, and a direction button is pressed, or they try turning in any direction. I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the Fly_No Root behavior script. Also, when flying I noticed both the Fly and Fall bools get activated in the animator parameters, but only the fly animations seem to be playing. Any help you could give me on this issue would be very much appreciated.

12. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

I have the exact same problem. Really hoping someone figures out what is wrong with raven forward flight issue.

13. adhochero

adhochero

do these animations work with other models? like if i have my own rigged animal model and get your animal for the animations. will they work?

14. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

I believe that you will need to use Malbers rig in order for it to work seamlessly. I am not an animator so I could be wrong but I think your rig would need the exact same bones named correctly in order to work seamlessly.

Malbers likes this.
  15. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Ok. I tried to see if I could get it working. The animations seem to work fine individually, and the animator and physics settings seem to act the same as in previous unity version. After three hours of comparing to older unity version (where crow flies perfectly) I was unable to figure out the problem as everything looks right. No error on console. If anybody knows what is wrong, please share.

Here is a video of the problem. Clean install of latest Raven asset on latest unity version.

16. Malbers

Malbers

Yeap That is a very nasty bug.... Sigh* Quaternions!! I hate them!! hahaha

I change some of the code on the Fly_NoRoot_Behavior

it should be fine now :)

(This Unity 2018.3 has a lot of things that are messing with my assets :( :( )

here's the fix

Thank you so much for reporting this!!

Attached Files:

17. Hoorza

Hoorza

Hi, awesome assets. I have recently purchased your Low Poly Fox. Trying to incorporate it into my game but I am having an issue. I want to use it as AI that chases my sheep and attacks them. Firstly I am using them to run between random locations and that where my problem occurs. They tend to stop once they get to the target. I can't see the pattern when it occurs. I use your Debug option so I know it is not an error. I don't know how to prevent the agent from being disabled.
    This is my debug message:
    Disable Agent. Fox Baby (1) is not on Locomotion or Idle
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    MalbersAnimations.AnimalAIControl:Debuging(String) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalAIControl.cs:569)
    MalbersAnimations.AnimalAIControl:OnAnimationChanged(Int32) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalAIControl.cs:323)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1:Invoke(Int32)
    MalbersAnimations.Animal:set_LastAnimationTag(Int32) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalVariables.cs:824)
    MalbersAnimations.Animal:UpdateSettings() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalMovement.cs:793)
    MalbersAnimations.Animal:Update() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalMovement.cs:768)

I am using a simple script to call SetTarget() from the AnimalAIControl script on the fox every time it gets to the waypoint. Sometimes they will change waypoint many times before stopping. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.Do you know when you will update the documentation to work with your scripts?

Thanks again!

18. Sebastian3D

Sebastian3D

Hi, great work! I bought yesterday "Poly Art: Cougars and Panthers" and it is great!

Now I am struggling a bit in connecting a virtual joystick to the prefab. I could already successfully set the `h` and `v` values in `protected virtual void SetInput(){}` but now I also want to change the speed of the animal based on joystick pad intensity.

How can I set the speed of the animal from within the MalbersInput.cs to for example `Speed2`?

Thanks!

Sebastian

19. Malbers

Malbers

If you want to use the joystick intensity to change the speed on the Animals... you can set the Default Speed to (run)...
    and with the joystick pressed sightly it will change from walk to run...

You can assign on the Unity Input Manager an new Input with the value "Speed2" and the Joystick input you need... and on the Malbers Input script Change the Speed2 slot to "Input" instead of "Key"

20. Malbers

Malbers

Try using this update of the AI Animal control Script attached...

I will be updating all the assets this week with a bunch of bug fixed... so stay tuned :)

Is on my queue after the Horse Update...

Attached Files:

Hoorza likes this.
  21. Farapang

Farapang

Hi, is there a way I can disable movement during a jump? I'd like it to be that you either commit to a standing jump or a moving one.

22. Farapang

Farapang

Also, the Raccoon isn't playing the main idles. Its getting stuck on the normal one. I added the random behaviour component to the parent Idles in the animator so it is actually randomizing now, but it hasn't fixed it. Any ideas?

23. Farapang

Farapang

Another one I'm afraid, when a wolf goes to sleep, it slides down slopes.

24. Weseloh

Weseloh

I just bought your Poly Art Raccoon asset, and it's great! I see you have a note in the Animator that "the Logic for Climb needs to be done yet." The climb animations are beautiful, but I'm not sure how to use them properly with the animator. Any plans to finish this, or suggestions for how I can get the raccoons to climb up and down a tree trunk? Maybe I should try to use your Crawl Under action as a reference?

25. transat

transat

I'm getting a couple of errors in 2018.3.2f1 on my Mac after the latest updates.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [CompilerError] The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties:
    2. 'MalbersAnimations.SerializedPropertyExtensions.RemoveFromObjectArrayAt(UnityEditor.SerializedProperty, int)' and 'MalbersAnimations.SerializedPropertyExtensions.RemoveFromObjectArrayAt(UnityEditor.SerializedProperty, int)'
    3. Compiler Error at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/SerializedPropertyExtensions.cs:81 column 35
    4. 79:   {
    5. 80:       // ... then remove it.
    6. -->81:       arrayProperty.RemoveFromObjectArrayAt(i);
    7. 82:       return;
    8. 83:   }
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [CompilerError] 'Animal' does not contain a definition for 'StillConstraints' and no accessible extension method 'StillConstraints' accepting a first argument of type 'Animal' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    2. Compiler Error at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalProxy.cs:380 column 30
    3. 379:   public virtual void StillConstraints(bool active)
    4. -->380:   { if (animal) animal.StillConstraints(active); }
    5. 382:   public virtual void EnableColliders(bool active)

26. transat

transat

Sorted. Figured out that I have to remove the SerializedPropertyExtensions.cs from the Utility folder and just keep the one in the Editor folder. And I think the other error may be due to a bad import. Trying to re-import now.

27. Farapang

Farapang

Getting some compiler errors after importing the Raccoon update. They are:
    Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalProxy.cs(141,33): error CS0122: `MalbersAnimations.Animal.useShift' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalProxy.cs(141,33): error CS0122: `MalbersAnimations.Animal.useShift' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalProxy.cs(380,30): error CS1061: Type `MalbersAnimations.Animal' does not contain a definition for `StillConstraints' and no extension method `StillConstraints' of type `MalbersAnimations.Animal' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

28. Farapang

Farapang

If I comment these out, then it works again. No idea what they actually do though?

// public bool UseShift
    // {
    // set { animal.useShift = value; }
    // get { return animal.useShift; }
    // }

// public virtual void StillConstraints(bool active)
    // { if (animal) animal.StillConstraints(active); }

29. ceebeee

ceebeee

So got the new update today (for the Ravens and Crows)... and I just have to ask, what is the purpose of the video in the editor folder?

\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Scriptable Variables\Editor\43207110_336851527086188_3791659815276868343_n.mp4

also the scripts won't compile, with the following error:

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalProxy.cs(140,26): error CS0122: `MalbersAnimations.Animal.useShift' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalProxy.cs(380,30): error CS1061: Type `MalbersAnimations.Animal' does not contain a definition for `StillConstraints' and no extension method `StillConstraints' of type `MalbersAnimations.Animal' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

EDIT: it seems you can't just upgrade on top of an existing install, you have to delete the old one and reimport it fresh. All compile errors went away after that.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  30. transat

transat

@Farapang Yes - I had to delete the "common" folder and then do the import of the updated asset. But because I also had Horse Animset Pro, I had to also reinstall that as well (it seems to add different files to "common", without which HAP can't work).

ceebeee likes this.
  31. Malbers

Malbers

I really apologize for the issue... It was an accident. I changed my download folder accidentally..

On the last submission two days ago I double check everything so that file was not included on the submition (but again it was 4 am in the morning when I finished and I was very tired)
    All the assets using the common Folder were affected.

Please , my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences. All assets will be restored very soon.

ceebeee and Weblox like this.
  32. Malbers

Malbers

On the Animal Script, on the Jump/Fall Control Group you can disable and Zero out all the options to have a jump with no control.

33. Malbers

Malbers

Malbers Proxy is no longer used you can remove that file entirely

34. Malbers

Malbers

The Bundle (10 forest animals) cost 143$
    Separated they cost 200$ in total (20$ each one) so you get 3 animals for free if you take the bundle ;)

35. Farapang

Farapang

Sure no problem. I still can't figure out how to make the Raccoon trigger its other idles though, also, when the Raccoon sleeps, you can't wake it up properly with controller input. It will get up and then go straight back to sleeping.

Malbers likes this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

I'm checking him right know and fixing all the little bugs :)

Weblox and Farapang like this.
  37. Malbers

Malbers

Fixed and Uploaded...
    Fixed and Uploaded too ;) thanks so much for reporting this

Farapang likes this.
  38. SuperNewbee

SuperNewbee

Is the Ravens and Crow asset temporarily depreciated, or is it forever gone? The quaternion patch fixed the earlier issues, so I was surprised to see it depreciated.

39. Farapang

Farapang

All the poly art animals are offline

40. Malbers

Malbers

They are still on pending review... as soon they are back online I will let you know :)

41. Farapang

Farapang

I'm using the Raccoon in 2.5d mode which is great. But when it is standing, I don't want it to turn around anymore, I want it to walk backwards in that direction instead. Anyone got any ideas how I can do that?

42. Malbers

Malbers

Try Disabling on the Malbers Input Script the Camera Input Parameter.... and disabling the Horizontal Input :)
    Of course you need to put him in front of the direcction you want to go

43. Farapang

Farapang

Cheers, that's done it well enough for now. Only works in one direction, but that'll do to get a feel for it

44. Farapang

Farapang

I got this error, but I think it is because I was turning them on with triggers instead of actually spawning them. I've left it here in case its still helpful.

When I have multiple AI animals running together and one pushes another off the navmesh, they glide along and this error spams:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MalbersAnimations.Animal.AdditionalTurn (Single time) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalMovement.cs:285)
    MalbersAnimations.Animal.Update () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalMovement.cs:802)

Can also occur when they jump off something. Again, all of this is only when I have them turned on in a trigger. Seems alright when spawning them

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  45. Farapang

Farapang

Also, the Raccoon no longer has a sleep state. There is no time out in the controller (like there is on the wolf).

46. Weseloh

Weseloh

Any help on my previous post regarding raccoon climbing would be appreciated. Thanks.

Malbers likes this.
  47. Farapang

Farapang

Love the colour selection on the Raccoon! Are there plans for that on the wolf? No real rush, just wondering.

Malbers likes this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @Weseloh
    I'm creating a new controller.
    I'm working on a new update I will be changing a lot of the controller
    I mean it will be a new controller actually
    because I will not longer be using bool vars like Jump, swim, fly , SwimUnderwater... etc
    I will be using and Int States value
    since those abilities/states wont overlap each other
    that way it will be easier to add a new State like climbing for the raccoon
    I wont have to change the whole animal code for a new State that all other animals won't need. (Again Like Climbing)

It will be more modular.

This will be released with the Horse New Update... On March hopefully

49. Malbers

Malbers

With more States with the Idle (Sneak Idle, Default Idle, Hurt Idle.. etc) the connection for the (Sleep Away from Keyboard ) was broken... that's why that Animator State was disabled/removed... On future Updates I will change the whole system and that tiny feature will be added again ( on the Raccoon)
    All the others animals remain with that feature..
    Yes! that will be a little tricky but YES!! I will change it to all other animals eventually :) .

Hummm That I need to try :) when they are pushed off any nav mesh??
    if you have a sample scene (clean scene) that you can share it will be easier to reproduce the bug :)

50. Farapang

Farapang

Nice one cheers!

I can't reproduce that error even with 20 wolves all running through a tight gap with increased speed. It must be something to do with creating them from a trigger. So its probably not an issue with your work, but with mine. I'll let you know if it happens again under normal circumstances.

Malbers likes this.