Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Malbers

Malbers

You can remove that scripts since is no longer used ;)

transat likes this.
  2. Malbers

Malbers

3. Malbers

Malbers

I believe you are looking for this tutorials :

mandisaw and b1gry4n like this.
  4. IsntCo

IsntCo

When using the Low Poly Boar with Horse Anim Pro, is there a simple way to enable the same cloth physics for the Boar and Reigns? (Like how the Horse is with HAP)

5. Malbers

Malbers

It seems that the line givin the error is this one:
    which it can throw errors if there's no target

Change that line for this one and tell me if the problem persist:
    upload_2018-9-11_18-27-6.png

6. Malbers

Malbers

unfortunately the Horse reins are part of the horse default mesh...
    To achieve something similar you'll need to create some new reins and some bones on that rein then attach the tip of the reins bones to the boar's head and the center rein bones (where the hands should be) of the reins on the boars neck...

Also you will need to create some colliders on the neck of the animal so the reins does collide with it. and finally add the cloth component to the reins and lock the vertices on the extremes on the reins just like the same way that is set on the horse

mandisaw likes this.
  7. b1gry4n

b1gry4n

thanks for the link. do you have an estimate on when the other animal packs will be getting the stance animations? sneak would be really useful to me for the cougar/wolves :)

Malbers likes this.
  8. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Purchased the Racoons as soon as I saw the notice!
    Those of us who live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada have a special love/hate relationship with racoons. They're our unofficial mascot!

I haven't tried programing AR yet - but I feel like I'm destined to make an AR game with these racoons.

Thanks!!

By the way, when did the price of the other low-poly go up? I wished I had a chance to purchase the bears!

Malbers likes this.
  9. mattanki

mattanki

Is there any chance the Crows and Raven will get support for the Common\Utilities Look At script? There is no joint currently to attach, the head gameObject is using an avatar mask.

Any instructions on how to get Look At to work with Crow would be awesome, thanks!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  10. Malbers

Malbers

To work with the Look At feature you need to modify the offset Rotation... In play mode.. keep modifying the values until you get the ones you need

If you have any of the other animals you can take a look to the values there... usually those are the default offsets for almost all of them
    For example for the Neck and Head this are the values:
    upload_2018-9-13_16-9-35.png

Hope that helps

11. Malbers

Malbers

That's the goal ... Sneak and Combat Stances for the wolf, fox and all others... but first I need to finish some animations first for the Horse big update :D

Thanks for the purchase!!! I really appreciate it!

The price went up when the raccoon was Live..... that was the deal :)

Now that all of them are out I will create the bundle most people have being spamming me :D :D

but with the price of 14.30*10 (so the people who bought them separately will have them as kind of a bundle :) )

12. mattanki

mattanki

For anyone watching the thread - the solution to get Look At to work on the Crow/Raven model was to use De-optimize context menu option on the game object to stop hiding the joints needed to make Look At work.

Malbers and Akshara like this.
  13. transat

transat

The new Opsive character controllers are out next week. Will HAP integrate nicely from the get-go?

Malbers likes this.
  14. Necka_

Necka_

Hi Malbers,

No that didn't fix the issue. As I said, the error message I get is when the animal already broke free from its routine after some time running outside of the navmesh.

What I'm looking to fix is why at some point they just ignore their routine and go crazy.

There are no waypoints in the scene. Only action zones and every action zone point to another one, there is no gap.

Sometime it works fine for like 2 minutes and one animal go crazy and sometime it's for 5 minutes before it happens.

Sometime it's one animal and a bit later another one. It's quite random. It's something with the AI but I can't figure out what

15. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

I love these assets; bought them all ! :)

A quick question: is it possible to programmatically populate the AI's events ? Like adding events on the go.

Did anybody succeed integrating it with other controllers such as NodeCanvas, Behavior designer or Apex ?

16. Malbers

Malbers

I just got it ;) so I need to study it to make the integration :)

Someone made the integration with Node Canvas using the rabbit.. but all my assets use the same Animal Script so all of them should work with NC..

Here's the thread:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/malbers-animals.440812/page-11#post-3519461

17. mattanki

mattanki

I am having a similar problem with the AI Ravens and noticed that the callback for Animal.Stop() and AnimalAIControl.StopAnimal() are not working to physically stop the animal and clear both Target and NextWayPoint.

I'm pooling my Ravens and my "reset" script will turn the animal game object off, move it to a start point, and clear the AI target, but often it will keep moving in a direction after being enabled again, regardless of whether I give it a new Target.

If my "respawn" point is in the air, the Raven will immediately start the Jumping behavior instead of hovering even thought I have StartFlying set. I'm wondering if there are any specific calls or timings required to properly "reset" an animal in the air - they do not really like having their game object disabled then re-enabled. Animal.ResetAnimal() does not seem to help.

Similarly, if I change the Target of AnimalAIControl and the previous target had a NextWayPoint on it, AnimalAIControl Target will get updated, but the Raven will keep moving towards the previous Target's NextWayPoint instead. I had to set AnimalAIControl.NextWayPoint = null when changing targets to avoid this. However, that introduces a race condition with the AI navigation.

These issues can be reproduced by making a new scene with a ground plane, pasting the Demo AI Animal into it, and making a few buttons that do AnimalAIControl.StopAnimal(), Animal.Stop(), AnimalAIControl.SetTarget(transform), etc.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  18. ntjson406

ntjson406

Hi there,
    We really like your animal models and all of them will fit our game. This is a long shot but by chance do you have a rigged, animated American Bison worked out as well? If not, what would be your costs for you to contract build one out?
    Best,
    Nathan Johnson
    Numaridge.com

19. transat

transat

I'm getting the following error in my console...

Shader error in 'Malbers/Water': variable 'color' used without having been completely initialized at line 157 (on metal)

Compiling Fragment program with FOG_EXP2
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

20. mattanki

mattanki

Posting with an update about my Raven AI problems - I checked out Unka the Dragon and Rabbit. I noticed that most of the issues I'm having occur when FreeMovement() is used when the animal transitions between ground navigation vs free movement in the air and back again.

This can be repo'd by having the animal fly to and follow a MWayPoint placed on the camera, then send it to a ground target and back again to the camera.

Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

The water shader is the same from the standard assets... I did not make it :( I didn't know either that It does not work on metal).... you should use another water shader... there's a bunch of free ones on the store :)

22. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks @mattanki I found some issues I have made some test scenes with the Raven and you were right

Here are the Fixes... and also a sample scene that I use to test everything out ...

upload_2018-10-2_17-2-50.png

Also Also if you find anything else please let me know... I'm still testing it but it seems that is working great

Attached Files:

23. mattanki

mattanki

oh man! the world makes so much more sense after reading this diff :)

Malbers likes this.
  24. Necka_

Necka_

Is that something that would fix the issues with non flying Animals that I've reported multiple times? because I still have it... Animals sometime just go crazy and run out of the navmesh until the end of the map. I do not have any flying animal (Got Fox, Deer and wolves)

Malbers likes this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

It solves the problem for both flying and ground animals :)
    Sorry for the late fix...

Necka_ likes this.
  26. Necka_

Necka_

Oh, awesome

Will test it out tonight!

Thanks Malbers :)

Malbers likes this.
  27. Rowlan

Rowlan

There would be several forum threads where this would fit, since it's a combination of assets, but this one seems to be the right place in order to annoy Malbers with "need more realistic animals" :D

Dave-Me and Malbers like this.
  28. kurai

kurai

Hi there!
    Just bought the crows and Raven pack and I get this warning on one of the shaders:

Could not create a custom UI for the shader 'Malbers/Color4x33'. The shader has the following: 'CustomEditor = ASEMaterialInspector'. Does the custom editor specified include its namespace? And does the class either derive from ShaderGUI or MaterialEditor?

I suppose it's nothing terrible, but there's any way to solve it?
    Thanks!

29. kurai

kurai

Also, apparently the low poly version has a rogue polygon in the eyelid of the right eye.

Screenshot 2018-10-14 17.07.09.png Screenshot 2018-10-14 17.07.50.png

30. Malbers

Malbers

You can just ignore it :) that is because the shader for the color chart is made with amplify shader... Nothing fancy there

Thanks for catching that ... I will fix it :)

31. Malbers

Malbers

Haha I know I know!
    But this is the list :
    Elemental dragon, wyvern,, horse and then the animals... Starting with the wolf and deer

BTW I LOOOVE THE VIDEO IS REALLY AWESOME!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Rowlan likes this.
  32. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

Hi again!

The new dragon (Unka) continues to be a fantastic asset! I've managed to make most of the adaptations I need for my game -- but I have one big problem that keeps popping up no matter what I do.

It's a head-shake that I think is related to the "LookAt" component. I'm using the standard FreeLook Camera Rig from the demos, with no alterations. For some reason, though, my version of Unka tends to "quiver" his head and neck, especially when he turns to look sideways or up/down. The head-shake happens in most animations (but it's most visible when he's flying or when he's idle and looking around).

I've posted a short video capture on YouTube to show what I mean. I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread or docs before. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Here's the video:
    Thanks!

~~Bill

UPDATE #1: The head-twitch is NOT present in the Unka prototype in the demo scene, and it's less prominent in my custom dragon -- so I suspect there may be an outside (non-Malbers) factor involved. I'll update again if I find that it's not a Malbers issue...

UPDATE #2: The head-twitch is definitely a Malbers issue after all. In the Unka demo scene, the Update Mode is set to "Normal" (even though the doc says it's supposed to be set to "Animate Physics"). When I switch the Unka demo models to "Animate Physics," all three show the same kind of head twitch that my dragon prefab has.

CONCLUSION: In my own game, I've found that "Animate Physics" is necessary even though it causes head-twitching problems. If I set the Update Mode to "Normal," the dragon's flight animation shows frequent "freezes" -- as though the frame rate drops to zero for a split second (though the actual frame rate shows no change).

The "freezing" of the flight sequence is a worse problem than the head twitch, by far -- so I have to keep the dragon's update mode set up as "Animate Physics."

UPDATE #3: I replicated the problem in a fresh project with only Malbers/Unka added (and with Line 43 of the "AnimalMovement" script commented out, so "Animate Physics" isn't turned off). The head-twitch persists, in the "Unka Demo Scene," unless I have the dragon selected/highlighted in the Hierarchy tab. If any other object is selected before I click back into the Game window, the twitching persists, but it goes back away if I click Unka and return to the game window.

SOLUTION: It's not a perfect fix, but I found that reducing the "Look At" component to a single bone (I'm using Neck Bone #4) and setting the Weight to 1 removes virtually all head-twitching, even with Animate Physics turned on. The neck/head distortion is very minor in my model, even with just one bone providing the rotation.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  33. Malbers

Malbers

Hey! Guys
    I'm on Vacations (until November 26) on Cuba, visiting my family so I wont be around.
    Leave a message and when/if I find some good internet I will try to respond...

Please help each other :D

Cheers
    Malbers

34. BlackManatee

BlackManatee

Safe travels, have a great time, and tell your family that they should be VERY proud of you! You're a terrifically talented person whose contributions to the Unity community as well as our individual games is priceless and greatly appreciated! :-D

DyrdaOrg likes this.
  35. Volcanicus

Volcanicus

@Malbers safe travels, I wish you family health and luck.

A side message: is there a way to disable the automatic jumping off an edge for animals?
    I am working on a platformer and I would like the player to be able to jump off at the last second. However, when they get too close to the edge, the animal will just jump off.
    I noticed there were talks of modifying the fall rays however I just want that behaviour gone because the animal preemptively jumps off when it shouldn't.

36. Rowlan

Rowlan

hiding ... :D

raccoon in flowers.jpg

HeyBishop and Malbers like this.
  37. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

I'm getting the following error message upon importing the Poly Art Deer package:

I'm building for Android (Oculus Go), using Unity 2018.3.0b9 on Windows 10.

EDIT (more information): This error seems to be related to the Blend Shapes. If I place a Deer Prefab in my scene with the blend shapes all set to 0, it is fine. If I adjust any of the properties, the deer disappears from the scene and the error occurs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

That is super weird....

try removing the Blend shapes script from the prefab....
    to see if that works....

also try to modify the blend shapes on the mesh renderer instead of my script... to see if my script is the one causing the issues

39. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Hey @Malbers,
    Sorry for the slow response. I removed the blend shapes script, no change.
    I then modified the blendshapes on the mesh renderer, and the same thing happened: it disappears (and the error happens) as soon as I adjust any of the blendshapes.

Some more info:
    • I imported the bear pack, same issues
    • in an old version of this project which has an older version of your asset pack (downloaded in 2017) - it works fine
    • in the old version of the project, updated the deer asset pack and now I have the error message:
      Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Utility/Compatible SA/Camera/ChangeCameraStates.cs(80,43): error CS1061: Type `MalbersAnimations.FreeLookCameraState' does not contain a definition for `Name' and no extension method `Name' of type `MalbersAnimations.FreeLookCameraState' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference

Malbers likes this.
  40. jmsgreen

jmsgreen

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  41. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

@Malbers Here is a little demo scene I put together using the rabbit, a low poly landscape, a bit of post processing and some ambient music.

PS - I'm a bit confused how the "damage" is supposed to work. If I hit the "J" key in the example scenes, the rabbit just stands up.

42. transat

transat

Cool. That's exactly the feel and look I was going for in my project until I got sidetracked!

ScourgeGames likes this.
  43. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

It wasn't hard to setup. If you are interested in the post processing and lightmap baking settings, let me know. I'm still working on it and will be adding more gameplay stuff.

44. transat

transat

I've veered towards a slightly more graphic novel style at the moment but ye - happy to know your settings anyway. Still learning.

45. DyrdaOrg

DyrdaOrg

Hi everybody!

Huge fan of Malbers Animations here - I'm tweaking the bear right now - for me it's kinda to fast in Idle (bears are super fast in straight running (they are terrible at turns ;)) , but that's not how they usually roll ;) too high energetic cost to run with that speed all the time trough forest - or he had some picnic baskets filled with candybars from tourists in his Yellowstone Park from which I think borrowed my grizzly).

1. I have just one issue (that's why I wrote that elaborate intro, if one's asking): my bear sure is running like stupid through all the waypoints, but then it comes to the idea, that he gets tired and falls a sleep. I don't have season changing system in my prototype (yet? XD), so it amazed me a lot to see him going sleep.... for sooo looooong (over 1000?). I need to turn off for the moment stand trigger to make his lazy bu77 move up.
    Is there anybody more proficient with these packs who can tell me why? I didn't try it with moose, deer, wold and cougar, but they are probably similar and I want to finish bear first.

2. Also: is the Waypoint 0 significant anyhow? Is this point should be set as their lair, or I just randomly had bear fall asleep there 5 times in a row and #bravomyluck ?

upload_2018-12-9_19-45-54.png

46. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @HeyBishop :)

I tried the beta version... I found a lot of bug... Unity bugs(I've reported them)...
    I suggest you to use the official versions instead at least the oficial 2018.3 version is released.

You can easily remove that... is no longer needed :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  47. Malbers

Malbers

48. Malbers

Malbers

You can change the speed on the Animation States inside the Animator if you want to fit the speeds of the Idles or Locomotions the way you like :)

You can use the Actions Sleep.... Wait Time to wake them up after a time...

if you want to use it by code.... you can send him to sleep using
    Animal.SetAction(6) //Being 6 the ID for Sleep...
    and Animal.WakeAnimal() to wake him up again

You can use instead a waypoint ... the Sleep Action zone... and set the Wait time like 1 min or 15 min ;)
    PD the action zones have a list of next targets (next waypoints ) to go to after the action is ended.

49. EDWIN503

EDWIN503

Hi, I love your assets, I bought the wolves.
    I have a problem. I make a game based on your 2.5D scene, and when I jump and run into a rock, I start to fly up, as shown in the screenshot. The layer of stones is the default, as in all terrain. As far as I understand this is due to the interaction of the capsule collider with the box collider. Could you help me? How can I fix this problem?

And one more question, if the wolf moves on a flying platform, his tracks remain in the air. How can I fix this?
    1.png 2.png

50. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Copy that!!!
    Thank you sir!

Malbers likes this.