Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Thank you for the advice @R1PFake and @Malbers!
    Using the tiggers is a different way of thinking than I was doing before. I think I like the idea. I'll give it a go!

Malbers, is there documentation available? I can't find it. It would be great to reference things like, how to best use SetAttack(), what actions are available for SetAction(), etc.

2. cosmgrafik

cosmgrafik

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Shodan0101 likes this.
  3. SanchoP

SanchoP

Hi Malbers,

Just purchased wolf, deer, and boar, and all I can say hats of to you, sir!

I am waiting for your separate upgrade package with realistic models with excitement, may I ask you kindly to give us your estimate when will it be finished?

Malbers likes this.
  4. creat327

creat327

hi!
    I've bought the fox and I have a few questions:
    1) Is it possible to begin the fox in certain animation position? All I see is that I can place it to walk/run... but I want it to be sleeping or just relaxing on the floor.
    2) The demo and asset has no documentation. For what I see is that you placed a navmesh and waypoints to tell the fox to move to specific points. Is there a way to let it free roam around and randomly do stuff? Like just walk from time to time, eat from time to time, run from time to time, chill out... without the need to set specific waypoints?

Rowlan, jethrogillgren and HeyBishop like this.
  5. R1PFake

R1PFake

All of this is possible but not really related to the asset but general unity animator/navagent stuff. 1, yes you can change the animator default animation 2, yes that's possible but you have to add custom code to implement the logic when it should roam/walk/eat etc. I don't want to explain in detail because all of this can be found on google and/or the official unity docs about animator/navagent etc.
    The author of the asset is very helpful and responsive so he might posts some examples, but otherwise you can find the answers with google if you don't want to wait.

6. creat327

creat327

of course, and you can code it all yourself... duh. What i'm asking if this is possible already with the existing implementation because there is absolutely no documentation on the asset and it may be already implemented. So yeah, the question is: can i do it already somehow or i have to write my own code for both questions?

7. jethrogillgren

jethrogillgren

EDIT: I reported a crash but further research shows it is a wider Unity issue with a newer Mac release.
    If you have crashes with this on 5.6.4, download the manual patch 5.6.4.p3

Love the asset, sorry I blamed it for crashing (;

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  8. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

It looks as though a lot of functionality was built into these wonderful creations. But, I'm not sure how to tap into most of it either.

9. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there guys!!

Sorry for being away for two weeks I was visiting my family on Cuba but Im back and with a ton of work done!
    I will be uploading the new updates for all my assets this week....

which will include a bunch of demo scenes , and ready to use integration with HAP3 for all the poly art animals and little dragons.. so you don't have to make any weavy work :)

also I will be working on the documentation for all my scripts so you can understand better what I have being done :)

Cheers

10. Malbers

Malbers

First I need to finish the 3 remaining animals (working the bear now)
    then I will be starting with the realistic ones at the same time that I will be working on adding more weapons to Horse AP 3 :)

SanchoP likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

Apologies guys for the lack of documentation I'm definitely working on it!

SetAttack() and SetAction() are driven by the Transitions ID on the animators

for example
    to transition to AttackBiteRight the IDInt parameter needs to be equals to 1

using Animal.SetAttack(1).. will play that attack animation
    upload_2017-12-6_21-44-25.png

Same is happening for SetAction();

12. Hitch42

Hitch42

Will the realistic ones be included with the low poly ones or be separate assets?

13. Malbers

Malbers

the realistic ones will be a separated asset but if you already own the matching asset on the poly art style you will get a discount (ex: if you own the poly art wolf you will only need to pay the difference for the realistic wolf)
    and the realistic wolf will have all the poly art style too (and also I will be making the toon style)

SanchoP, Hitch42 and Rowlan like this.
  14. Malbers

Malbers

I making some demo scenes with buttons to use all the posibles actions with all the animals :) with a bunch of comments everywhere :)

(Also documentation :) )

15. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'm still wondering with which texture you come up with regarding the fur on the realistic ones. Must be a challenge :D

Malbers likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

I own NeoFur so I will make the integration with that amazing plugin...

lets see what I will figure out to make them look good without that plugin :D

17. Rowlan

Rowlan

It's still unclear about what will happen with NeoFur. Their site seems more to me like they are going down.

18. Hitch42

Hitch42

Yeah, I was under the impression that they stopped working on it. Their website states that they have "moved on". I think the assets that come closest to it now are Fur Factory or a hair asset like Hair Tool.

19. Malbers

Malbers

that's a shame that was a really great hear plugin :(

20. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

I just picked up the foxes and when I try the Fox AI demo I get a missing prefab in the Hierarchy and no camera rendering. Was trying to find any kind of documentation but looks to be none.

I just dropped a main camera in and adjusted it so I could see them.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  21. wood333

wood333

Today I downloaded the Cougar directly into a Unity 5.6.3f1 project, and have errors:

Cougar.JPG

Ahhh, I guess I need to import the Unity Standard Asset cameras.

Malbers likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

That happens when you have the Define scripting symbol CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT on your player setting and you are not using it (you have not imported it to your project..
    upload_2017-12-23_12-30-50.png

so the solution is just to remove it ;)

if you are going to export to mobile then
    import it the CrossPlatform asset
    upload_2017-12-23_12-31-34.png

Cheers!

wood333 likes this.
  23. wood333

wood333

I had imported Invector TPCT Shooter without first un-checking all project settings except the ones Invector needs ( input, tags & layers, physics). This entered Cross_Platform_Input into the Scripting Define Symbols box in the Player settings.

To verity this I created a new unity project with only the Cougar, and the error message did not reappear. I then created a new unity project, imported Invector Shooter after unchecking the unnecessary project settings, and imported the Cougar, and the Cougar demo scene works fine.

All is good in the world, again.:)

Malbers likes this.
  24. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

Please add some documentation I am very new to unity and to be honest have a rough time with some basic things. When trying to add foxes or dragons I have to save my project then load the animal demos look at how the camera system is setup up exit reload my project, try a few things and repeat over and over.

I am having trouble getting the camera to "mouse look". I am working my way through tutorials so things are getting easier and I know this is basic level stuff but I would find even a quick start manual very helpful. Don't get me wrong love the packs picked up tiger dragon, foxes, and unka the dragon. It is assets like yours that has gotten me over the long held belief I could not learn coding at all. Having assets like these have allowed me to break through the "code block".

I will be picking up the riding pack as well as some more animals. Any chance of an upgrade/bundle pricing structure for existing repeat customers? Would love to see a complete Malber's Animations bundle pack as an option.

Malbers likes this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

I'm working on the documentation as we speak :) I know this is a weak spot on my asset but Im working on it ;)

The camera system is the same one as the standard assets .... you can use your own or any from the assetstore my assets do not depend at all from the camera.. I just add that one just to play around with the animals :)

as soon as I have some ready documentation I will posted everywhere ..

The problem with the bundle packages is that unity is not ready for them, I mean if I make a bundle package with all my assets on them for a X price... when I add 10 new assets, and you bought the bundle before, you will get the 10 new assets for free.. ( and I need to feed my self :) )

I'm trying to do something fare with the Poly art animals... for now they are at $14.30 but when the 3 remaining animals from the forest set are finished... the separated packages of each animal will go up to $20.00... and I will create a bundle package with the forest set with a value of 143.00, so every body who bought it separated will get the same discount ....

26. Malbers

Malbers

27. Malbers

Malbers

Guys I really really really!!!!!!!! want to make awesome things with Timeline and Cinemachine...
    but my upload unity for the assets is 5.6 ... sooo I was wandering how many of you are using 2017.1 on your projects. and how many of you are using older 5.6...

I really want to make some cool things for future updates :p:p:p.

28. wood333

wood333

5.6.3f1 here. If you need to move forward, I can understand that. Maybe you can leave an upload version of your current system for 5.6 on the asset store, and limit your support of 5.6 to bug fixes.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

that can be done...

another thing is that all my assets I have tried to down grade them and they work fine from 2017 to 5.6... no problems there.. :) I haven't use any fancy 2017 stuff yet... I just want to give it a try to timeline :)

wood333 likes this.
  30. creat327

creat327

already moved to 2017

Kyllei and Malbers like this.
  31. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

The only thing I use anything other than 2017.1 for is asset development. All of my personal projects are 2017.1.

32. Mustakaapu

Mustakaapu

Any news on the bear? :)

33. Malbers

Malbers

Finally I finished all the updates, integrations and video tutorials .... no more interruptions...
    im going full time with the bear!!

wood333 and Mustakaapu like this.
  34. Malbers

Malbers

35. andyjh07

andyjh07

Hey Malbers,

When can we expect the raccoon? I'm itching to get that into a low poly world <3

Andy

Malbers likes this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

Im making a sprint to release the three remaning animals... there's no more interruptions now :)
    bear, Rabbit and raccon ;)

37. andyjh07

andyjh07

You're a legend! Would you be able to look at making a pelican one day? Your low poly style is my favourite and I would happily pay for a series of birds (especially the pelican haha)

Thank you for all the incredible work you do on these,

Andy

Malbers likes this.
  38. creat327

creat327

I would love to know if there is a way to set this up for free roaming. I have several animals, but precisely I have the fox and I would like it to move around my terrain freely. Is there a way to achieve this or is it mandatory to create a navmesh and all those things?

39. Malbers

Malbers

do you mean like random wandering right?

you can use it without the navmesh, the good thing about the nav mesh is that calculate direction when there's an obstacle..

but using Animal.Move(Direction) you can move the character without having MalbersInput to move it by keys.

to stop the animal just use Animal.Move(Vector3.zero)
    hope that helps

40. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Bear is looking excellent! I'm excited for the rabbit, too. ;-)

Malbers likes this.
  41. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Your bear looks beautiful! Now that I see it, I know I have to include it in my VR game.

Malbers likes this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

Just to get in the never ending Assets queue, the bear is already on Pending review (that way he will be ready by the middle of February :) :)

upload_2018-2-1_15-49-8.png

Hitch42 and HeyBishop like this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

44. creat327

creat327

hmm the bear is cool, just not sure if those standing moments are very realistic. Don't they usually roar on 4 legs?

45. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

It looks like a taunt to me like something it might do if another bear got too close.

46. Malbers

Malbers

yes they roar also on 2 legs... i found a video reference.... that's why I did it ;)

SirTwistedStorm and Kyllei like this.
  47. Kyllei

Kyllei

I have a newbie question. I want to use the Follow Target script and have my fox follow my player (VR). But when I enable that script, which has player set as Target, the fox vanishes from my scene. What is happening?

48. Malbers

Malbers

you have a follow target script or you are using the Animal AI Control Script and the parameter target...
    this is a first one.. could you make a video to see what is going on? also on the video give a quick selection to the fox and your player to see the components...
    Cheers

49. RT3DViz

RT3DViz

Hey @ Malbers

im a little confused, im a newbie too, and i loaded the 2,5D Corgi Demo Scene. the corgi did fine. But if i replace the corgi with another fox pfrefab (the baby or so) the controller seems to do not work as expected. i gave the baby the same settings as the corgi, but when im turning a few times around the baby leaves the rail .... it doesnt reach the points of your demo. what am i doing wrong or what i have overseen ?

PS: thx 4 awnsering so quick to problems here

PPS: OK, finaly i found it, it was the "Lock Axis"-Script that was missing :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  50. markabrowne13

markabrowne13

Quick question about collisions: I want to use these characters to make an "endless runner" where the character would die if they ran into an obstacle. Would collision checking be very easy based on what you have already, or would I have to design all of it?

Sorry if it's a dumb question haha.

Malbers likes this.