Search Unity

Malbers Animals-Creatures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Nov 12, 2016.

1. mkerv

mkerv

Good day. Please how do I:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if(myAnimalCurrentSpeedIndex != OneOfMySetIndexes)
    2. {
    3. SpeedUp();
    4. }
    Like what is the formal MAnimal int for "myAnimalCurrentSpeedIndex"?
    Thanks

2. id0

id0

Hey, Malbers, this is really nice update with all that weapon. At first, I thought I would make my own weapon system., but now it's not really necessary. But there is some error in demo. I think it's something with the ammo because there is ammo in the UI but it doesn't do anything.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.BoolVar.set_Value (System.Boolean value) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Scriptables/BoolVar.cs:24)
    3. MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.ScriptableVarReseter.ResetVar () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Scriptables/ResetScriptableVars.cs:47)
    4. MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.ResetScriptableVars.ResetVars () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Scriptables/ResetScriptableVars.cs:26)
    5. MalbersAnimations.Scriptables.ResetScriptableVars.OnEnable () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Scriptables/ResetScriptableVars.cs:20)
    On Weapons Data object.

Second, I have my own inventory system with equip and everything. How can I link it with new weapon system? Some tutorial maybe?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  3. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

Used animal controller in my project & checked unity devsops cloud diagnostic crash report this asset is full of exceptions & crashes

4. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

5. locke12

locke12

Hi,
    I'm using AC1.4.0a.
    I have found a issue about fly state.
    issue:

Animal component randomly stuck on fly state, it seems when collision happen.(I have no idea.)
    but this could be fix after reset component.
    did you have any idea what's happen?

6. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi. I just installed: Unka, Irvil, HAP, Ultimate selector and Invector Shooter controller and am getting the following errors. I havent ried to configure anything s yet, just installed them asnd have the errors below. Any ideas how I eliminate the. Im not a developer. Thanks

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Weapons\Scripts\MWeapon.cs(558,33): error CS1061: 'TransformOffset' does not contain a definition for 'SetOffset' and no accessible extension method 'SetOffset' accepting a first argument of type 'TransformOffset' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Weapons\Scripts\MWeapon.cs(560,32): error CS1061: 'TransformOffset' does not contain a definition for 'SetOffset' and no accessible extension method 'SetOffset' accepting a first argument of type 'TransformOffset' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

7. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I fixed this by deleting the Common folder and reinstalling from HAP. But then had 2 TextMesh Pro errors. Iremoved TMro and the editor is fully functional. ot sure if TMPro is required?

Proto-G likes this.
  8. Proto-G

Proto-G

I imported the Character Selector asset into an project already containing the HAP asset and received the same error. I fixed it by deleting the mweapon.cs file and reimporting it.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  9. fundicr7126

fundicr7126

I'm trying to make a multiplayer game in 3d using Photon. But some animations are managed by Triggers, so most animations flicker and appear on the opposite side. Is there anyone who can help with this? thanks, good work
    upload_2022-11-10_12-31-12.png

10. fundicr7126

fundicr7126

I'm trying to make a multiplayer game in 3d using Photon. But some animations are managed by Triggers, so most animations flicker and appear on the opposite side. Is there anyone who can help with this? thanks, good work
    upload_2022-11-10_12-32-21.png

11. JECreations

JECreations

Hi! I haven't got the asset yet, but before I buy it - does it work with assets like Crux or SoulLink? I need to spawn animals in MapMagic. Thanks!

12. SquareEyesTaco

SquareEyesTaco

upload_2022-11-14_20-28-50.png
    anythoughts on what causing this?

13. hotpeperoncino

hotpeperoncino

Version 1.4.0a Playground Wolflite demo, after picking axe up with E key, then the wolf picked red ball up with E key.
    Wolf cannot release axe by E key.

14. Rowlan

Rowlan

Maksim Bugrimov's assets are on sale currently. Couldn't resits to combine that Demon Knight of the Knights Pack with Irval :D

pp2.jpg
    pp3.jpg
    pp1.jpg

Swyfft likes this.
  15. shay91

shay91

hey,

im getting some weird errors when i import the HAP (4.0.5) Ootii Motion Controller (2.805).unitypackage

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Ootii\Scripts\OotiiHAPLink.cs(247,21): error CS0721: 'WA': static types cannot be used as parameters

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Ootii\Scripts\OotiiHAPLink.cs(27,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MRider' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Ootii\Scripts\OotiiHAPLink.cs(28,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RiderCombat' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Malbers Animations\Horse AnimSet Pro\Integrations\Ootii\Scripts\OotiiHAPLink.cs(29,22): error CS0723: Cannot declare a variable of static type 'WA'

Can you help me with that problem

best regards
    Ivey

16. ntquang1999

ntquang1999

Hi, I'm considering to buy your assets, but it seem like your controller is handling too much thing but I only need a few. I only need the animals movement part, I love how you handle the organic movement of the animals. Everything else I need full control with my code, I just need to set a destination and the animals move their(on unity navmesh). Is that posible?

17. tainight_unity

tainight_unity

I'm completely new to unity and all. I've been trying to get the new input system to work and have been following the steps to the letter but it's still not working. I think where I'm getting hung up is

"The Default Action Map will be the Map that will be connected automatically to the Animal Controller. So after you made all the connections. Remember which Action Map will be set as the default. For the Animal should be the "Gameplay" Map." I don't fully understand what this means.

18. id0

id0

You guys, do not try, the developer leave this place long ago. Better go to the discord, he answered me there. A fine asset you chose to start with, tainight_unity, I must say. I'm far from a beginner, but I've suffered from its overcomplication as well. But yes - better animal movement in store (and human too)

19. jayghost1983

jayghost1983

I found a problem with Unka, whenever the dragon jumps, it goes through the entire jump animation then teleports back to where the jump started. I don't believe I've edited the jump animation or states in any way, except in trying to fix it. How can I fix this?

20. levan_super

levan_super

Hello Malbers!

First of all thanks for the great asset! We are using it for our game and hopefully, we will release it this summer.
    We are dummies in 3DS Max and we are trying to change the mesh a bit namely we need to smooth it and change UV. We have a problem with the Morpher targets, we just can't find them in the FBX.
    Could you help us with this problem (smoothing, changing UV) please?

21. Rowlan

Rowlan

22. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Is it possible to add turn on the spot animations for human characters with AC? I have turn 22, 45, 90 and 180 animations I would like to use...

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Greg

23. abandon_games

abandon_games

Hello!

First of all this is an incredible asset, thank you for all the hard work you've saved us from :)

To the point - I'm having an issue with
    LookDecision
    not recognizing the GO I've told it to look for with a UnityTag

I've traced it down to the
    IsGrandchild
    call in
    LookDecision.ClosestGameObject()
    (line 408):

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (c != null && c is Collider && c.transform.IsGrandchild(go.transform))
    The colliders that
    brain.DecisionsVars[index].Components
    has are on the parent object itself, not one of its children, so
    IsGrandchild
    returns false

have I misunderstood something? why do the colliders need to be on a grandchild?

Animal Controller version: 1.4.0b
    Unity version: 2021.3.18f1

Thanks!

24. FatsAndRoses

FatsAndRoses

Hi everyone,
    I have changed mesh to my main character and it broke IK when using weapons. Do you know how to fix that quickly? Thanks in advance

25. Rowlan

Rowlan

The Animal Controller update with flight is very awesome :eek: Had a blast with it since yesterday :D

26. yucline

yucline

Hi Malbers, I am using a different asset for my game for the model (the ones by BLINK). Im struggling a bit with the lack of tutorials but is it possible to connect the movement and stuff to these assets without much complexity?

27. Jesus

Jesus

Hi, I'm trying to do the upgrade to the new Input System, but I'm getting this error and it seems I can't get any further in the process.

Full disclosure, complete noob to this asset, haven't really used the new Unity Input System before.

EDIT: Removed the new input system package and re-imported, I'll try that again later.

For now, is there some table for the features (states/abilities/etc) between the different animals you can get on the store? Some of them have a list of things they can do, and some don't.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  28. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

damn, hot stuff haha ;)

Rowlan likes this.
  29. antsonthetree

antsonthetree

I just downloaded the newest version from the store and found some issues:
    1. It looks like the planet/gravity demo in the project is broken. It teleports you into the air and you fall. It used to send you to the planet.
    2. Also in the gravity loop tunnel thing the control gets wonky and stuck if you try to go upside down in the loop. This used to work too. Maybe a gimbal lock issue?

JGameMaker92 likes this.
  30. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi. I have a dragon set as the player. I am using Cinemachine (this doesnt seem to be a cinemachine issue)... and everytime I stop the dragon mocing in the game view, it automatically turns to face the right (giving me a side view of the dragon). Is there a way to stop this behavior in the idle position? It seems to be an automated camera response when the dragon comes to a stop position (idle).

This is what I mean: embercamera.mp4
    Any help appreciated, thanks.

Also. I have AI dragons flying to waypoints, but the dragons land and then dig their nose into the terrain and float along the terrain. I have set the terrain to the correct Layer on the dragon itself (general settings) and the terrain is set to the same Layer.

So is there a way to solve this issue, and/or stop the dragons landing at all? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  31. JGameMaker92

JGameMaker92

This controller is really great and Malbers assets are amazing, but we really need an easier way to sync the animations over Photon Network, otherwise it doesn't work very well for multiplayer games. Animations are only staying synced some of the time using the PhotonAnimatorView, but it easily falls out of sync with how the animation events are being called in the script and it's not registering the state changes properly across the network. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it better.
    9A056D08-1CE8-4A8E-8FE8-84E798403593.gif

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  32. scorp2007

scorp2007

it is strange that for so many years you have not made such a popular animal as a cat and a dog and you have to buy them in other places and set them up separately for your controller for a long time! :)

33. SIV

SIV

Hello,

After importing Animal Controller and installing necessary packages i got errors related to cinemachine, anyone know how to fix please ?

I already tried to remove and install again also removing the whole folder with no luck

Thank you

Attached Files:

34. louisemoxy

louisemoxy

I know this is a while ago, but are you still planning on adding the pickup animation for the dragon? Love the assets though!! :)

35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Does no one respond to support queeries on unity forum anymore. Have they all jumped ship to that dreadful site beginning with D.

36. antsonthetree

antsonthetree

The gravity changer and planet demos in the animal controller project are still broken in the new release. The human model can not walk upside down in the gravity changer and none of the planet teleporters are working. Can you fix these?

Also is there an email or discord where we can get support? There has not been an official response to any issues on this forum in over a year.

37. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Yes! There is a Discord, and it's very active with a great community. See you there!
    https://discord.gg/evr5tSP

Malbers and antsonthetree like this.
  38. t-ley

t-ley

I have question about the flying with the dragons? If the dragon was flying and wanted to dive into the sea how do I trigger the dragon to swim or use the underwater ability it only triggers the swim if the dragon is walking into the water and for the diving it doesn’t trigger the swim at all also it has to touch some default object to trigger the underwater ability still flies underwater . I tried a plane with default tags and trigger but can’t get it to trigger from flying added more capsule colliders but no trigger from flying unless it hits the bottom. I also tried messing with the tag modifier but nothing . There’s no video on underwater thanks Johnny

39. renem

renem

Hi, have you found a solution? I have the same problem with the mirror network. All animator parameters are synchronized. However, sometimes a state seems to be out of sync.
    greetings,
    René

40. JGameMaker92

JGameMaker92

Have ChatGPT 4 write you a custom C# script that syncs the animator parameters for you using the networking solution of your choice! You can specifically mention Malbers and it’ll know what to do.

41. renem

renem

Thanks for your answer, i tried it with SyncVars. Do you just synchronize the int,float,bool and trigger and send it to local animator? Maybe you could show a tiny code snippet. Thanks in advance!

42. JGameMaker92

JGameMaker92

Here's the code I used to sync Malbers Animal Controller Animator Parameters over Photon. It's been working pretty good for me. Maybe you can convert it to Mirror.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using Photon.Pun;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class MalbersPhotonAnimationSync : MonoBehaviour, IPunObservable
    5. {
    6.     private Animator anim;
    8.     private void Awake()
    9.     {
    10.         anim = GetComponent<Animator>();
    11.     }
    13.     public void OnPhotonSerializeView(PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info)
    14.     {
    15.         if (stream.IsWriting)
    16.         {
    17.             // Send data
    18.             AnimatorControllerParameter[] parameters = anim.parameters;
    19.             foreach (AnimatorControllerParameter parameter in parameters)
    20.             {
    21.                 switch (parameter.type)
    22.                 {
    23.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Bool:
    24.                     stream.SendNext(anim.GetBool(parameter.nameHash));
    25.                     break;
    26.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Float:
    27.                     stream.SendNext(anim.GetFloat(parameter.nameHash));
    28.                     break;
    29.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Int:
    30.                     stream.SendNext(anim.GetInteger(parameter.nameHash));
    31.                     break;
    32.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Trigger:
    33.                     // Triggers are not synced, as they are momentary actions.
    34.                     break;
    35.                 }
    36.             }
    38.             for (int i = 0; i < anim.layerCount; i++)
    39.             {
    40.                 AnimatorStateInfo state = anim.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(i);
    41.                 stream.SendNext(state.fullPathHash);
    42.             }
    43.         }
    44.         else
    45.         {
    46.             // Receive data
    47.             AnimatorControllerParameter[] parameters = anim.parameters;
    48.             foreach (AnimatorControllerParameter parameter in parameters)
    49.             {
    50.                 switch (parameter.type)
    51.                 {
    52.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Bool:
    53.                     anim.SetBool(parameter.nameHash, (bool)stream.ReceiveNext());
    54.                     break;
    55.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Float:
    56.                     float receivedValue = (float)stream.ReceiveNext();
    57.                     if (!anim.IsParameterControlledByCurve(parameter.nameHash))
    58.                     {
    59.                         anim.SetFloat(parameter.nameHash, receivedValue);
    60.                     }
    61.                     break;
    62.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Int:
    63.                     anim.SetInteger(parameter.nameHash, (int)stream.ReceiveNext());
    64.                     break;
    65.                 case AnimatorControllerParameterType.Trigger:
    66.                     // Triggers are not synced, as they are momentary actions.
    67.                     break;
    68.                 }
    69.             }
    71.             for (int i = 0; i < anim.layerCount; i++)
    72.             {
    73.                 int fullPathHash = (int)stream.ReceiveNext();
    74.                 AnimatorStateInfo currentState = anim.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(i);
    76.                 // Play the animation only if the state has changed
    77.                 if (currentState.fullPathHash != fullPathHash)
    78.                 {
    79.                     anim.Play(fullPathHash, i, 0f);
    80.                 }
    81.             }
    82.         }
    83.     }
    86. }

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
    renem likes this.
  43. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hello I using animal controller "human base" and I have a problem: when I move the character forward, it slightly veers to the right. I'm not sure what could be causing the issue (I'm just pressing the up arrow).

Thanks

44. Malbers

Malbers

Make sure your Animation is Baked on the Rotation Values:
    upload_2023-8-22_22-36-3.png

45. SteveKouts

SteveKouts

Need help asap with Baruk asset. Tried converting Fur shader to HDRP and its busted, getting error:
    Shader error in 'Malbers/Color4x2': 'ApplyDecalToSurfaceData': no matching 3 parameter function at line 624 (on metal)

Attached Files:

46. markcaz

markcaz

I added a Little Dragon into a scene, and it plays some animations, but then crashes:

'Mouse Drago Poly Art Baby' AnimationEvent 'Eyes' on animation 'Idle Yaw' has no receiver! Are you missing a component?

How do I correct this?
    Thanks

47. hotpeperoncino

hotpeperoncino

Wall climbing character penetrates the ceiling with a collider.
    A character stays in a box with each side which has a collider. Jumping does not penetrate because of collision with ceiling and character, but if a wall is climbable, the character in a box climbs inside a wall and penetrates a ceil from inside of the box.

48. girlinorbit

girlinorbit

I have two questions:
    1) how can I change the Vertical Speed of one of the speeds in MAnimal from another script?
    2) how can I change the height of the jump from another script?

I'm using the latest version of HAP.

49. pagan_poetry

pagan_poetry

Why does the sample scene looks different on Unity 2022 and 2021? How to achieve 2022's look in 2021 version?
    2023-09-19_11-33-32.png 2023-09-19_11-32-45.png

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  50. Ranjith_stark1

Ranjith_stark1

Attached Files: